• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

I still don't have this game but am planning to check it out soon. I have an Xbox One and a nice gaming PC (i7 6700k+980 Ti).

Which platform has better performance? I really don't mind playing on console if it means less headaches.

I have the same specs as you. I can't download it and install it because the Windows Store is a piece of garbage. The same goes for Gears 4. I bought them digitally on my Xbox, so I could get the PC versions and I cannot download the game fully. I have tried so many times this month that I am nearing my 1 terrabyte cap from Comcast.

Check out the 1 star reviews. I am not alone.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
The expansion sounds awesome. Very much getting the fh1 rally dlc vibes from that release. Where's the screens? Trailer? New thread?

Fox Mulder

Finally got around to finishing three starring all pr events.

The traffic is infuriating. Was fun getting a car I liked for some if the tougher off-road speed zones.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Grabbed this on PC and if I'd done my research about the performance issues I probably wouldn't have bothered. I've capped the framerate at 72 and it's okay for most part, but true unlocked despite never tipping over my G-Sync refresh rate it's still a stuttering mess. Complete unplayable shit unlocked. 72 is doable, only the off hitching, but yeah. The game looks great, but not so great that I should have to put textures to low or some shit to eradicate stuttering. Not on my setup.

Buyers remorse to be honest.

deadfolk

Someone can't count.

The press releases say purchase the exp pass before the end of 2016 to get the discount, but the store page tells me I have only 15 days. :|

Fox Mulder

Which car? I still got to 3 star those.

I did it with a S2 class 08 Mitsubishi lancer evolution tuned for rally. I just didn't like using buggies or trucks for these, some people on the leaderboards even used hyper cars.

I just liked the feel of this one after trying a few different options. Got the off-road zones knocked out quickly with that settled.

zorbsie

Yup, this sure is a Jello bucket list challenge. :)
forzahorizon32016-11-jzkvw.png

Oh, I just realized I'm stupid and changed my gamertag a few months ago to just "Sapan" from "sapancarcrazy". That's why I wasn't being recognized. Should I send another request to join the GAF club? It probably should be there pending.

Daffy Duck

Finally finished off driving along all 488 roads.

Glad to have that done, never se tout to accomplish that but I just had so much fun driving around doing nothing really that I wanted to get the last couple of hundred roads driven.

rrs

Got a new PC and wow I got all the FPS now
Tinúviel;225707332 said:
Guys how big is the todays update [PC] and is there any patch notes?
I wish I knew, got a new pc and I guess it updated to the new version for me automatically while I was downloading the game overnight. I'm guessing the patch is stuff for the forzathon and maybe the December car pack

Branson

I'm kind of burning out and I've only been playing like 12 hours. It's not really well structured. it feels like I've been doing a lot but I'm only like 30% towards the final showcase. I like the game and it's well made, but a lot of it feels like busy work.

Fox Mulder

I'm kind of burning out and I've only been playing like 12 hours. It's not really well structured. it feels like I've been doing a lot but I'm only like 30% towards the final showcase. I like the game and it's well made, but a lot of it feels like busy work.

Then don't.

I ignored like 80% of the race events after completing the showcase events. The game gives zero incentive to do them and winning doesn't even matter. The campaign is the worst of the three horizon games really.

I had fun getting three stars on pr events like drifting, speed zones, and danger jumps. The rest of the time is online or messing around with cars.

Bebpo

Banned
Almost done with the SP campaign or at least to the point where all the festivals are maxed and all the races are unlocked. Saw the first credit roll. At 16 million fans now. Will have unlocked all the races on the map probably next session. Around 13-15 hours now. Game on PC is the worst optimzed game since Arkham Knight, but at this point I can get it to run 60fps for 2 hours and then it's a stuttery 60fps that gets worse and worse i think there's a memory leak or something that builds up over time.

I liked the game, but didn't love it. 8/10. The whole arcade-sim is better than boring sim but not as fun as arcade. I had more fun actually racing with Bizarre's Blur (incredibly underrated game) and this game is no PGR for me.

Australia is kinda boring map in this game from a visual variety style but the graphics and time of day change/weather is real nice. I love that it has REAL NIGHT meaning nighttime is pure black outside your headlights. Too many games just use grey. It's super cool racing at night. I feel like SP campaign/sandbox-wise there's not the kind of variety I expect from a sandbox like Burnout Paradise or something, pretty much all you do is race either in sprints or circuits or sometimes you do a couple second skill or speed thing, there's also bucket challenge which is a sprint or skill or speed thing. This is kind of a downer for me because when I have a sandbox I want tons of variety of things to do in it.

The single player campaign has like ZERO curve to it because you set the difficulty every race and you still win no matter what you place you get (although I keep at it until I get 1st). There's no sense of progression like a SP racer where the races get more challenging as you go. It's just the same thing over and over and once you've got the driving down you can figure out where you stand on AI level and then it's all kinda the same. At least the Championships require you to mix up your car so I mainly do those. One thing I dislike is how if you do a championship and you need a new car, you can buy one on the spot, but...you can't upgrade it on the spot, so you might buy it and it sucks stock and then you gotta go back to a festival to upgrade and then back to the race. Just kind of stupid.

Since it's Arcade-sim and it's like an arcade racer where you collect hundreds of cars like GT/Forza and upgrade and tune them up and drive with cool cockpit view, I think I'd like Horizon 3 more if it had VR headset support + if I was using a FF wheel with a clutch shifter and pedals. I feel like the game works best when you immerse yourself and get this semi-realistic experience driving around on streets and off-road in real cars. Doing it in VR so like when it's night you look around and just see a total pitch dark world would be really immersive.

The multiplayer is really good, but I'm just not into MP. I think it's very cool that you can make race challenges for SP that appear on other people's sandbox map, you can race people's ghosts on a hundred tracks and you can do real MP with a pack of 8 people where you race to the start of the race and then do a race and repeat. Also like the idea of when you're not playing, your AI car enters other people's games and so when you play SP all of the other racers in SP races are ghosts of other humans with their unique looking car decals. But they still race like dumb CPU but at least it changes up the look.

idk, it's got a lot of good, the graphics are nice, sound is good (don't like the radio stations), handling is solid/good for arcade-sim, has lots of cars lots of tinkering that you can actually feel when you tune or upgrade, pitch dark night is awesome, MP is great, but when it comes down to the 15-25 hours of SP campaign, is just alright, kinda all feels similar and there's no sense of progression and it's not the most interesting map, so...8/10. I probably won't play another Horizon game after this, but if they make some changes to the SP, I may jump back in.

KageMaru

Tinúviel;225707332 said:
Guys how big is the todays update [PC] and is there any patch notes?

I don't know what the hell they did but the game seems to run worse for me now after the latest patch.

willbsn13

126592-hi.jpg

Also here's the Blizzard Mountain barn find.

126600-hi.jpg

Last pic I swear, but it finally looks like we're getting some actual mountainous roads.

Bebpo

Banned
I don't know what the hell they did but the game seems to run worse for me now after the latest patch.

You're the second person to say that, but then it definitely ran better for me last time I played post-patch. So strange. What are your specs?

Trying to get the photography challenge done. 378 so far. But finding the rest is getting difficult.

I wish there was a way to know what cars I have left. I probably have most of them in my garage haha.

KRaZyAmmo

Trying to get the photography challenge done. 378 so far. But finding the rest is getting difficult.

I wish there was a way to know what cars I have left. I probably have most of them in my garage haha.

the most car I'm having trouble finding is the Ford Mustang GT350 and Jaguar F-Type Pace Car preorder cars. the rest I have in my garage. Have you tried starting races with the class those cars are in?

bbd23

yup its been a month since I last touched it but i was getting stuttering all over the place and random slow downs. felt like my pc was going to explode.

at least I got 50GB of HDD space back!

KageMaru

You're the second person to say that, but then it definitely ran better for me last time I played post-patch. So strange. What are your specs?

i7 6700K, 16GB, and Gigabyte G1 1070. Used to average around 80+fps outside of paradise city but now it's dancing around 60 half the time.

zorbsie

There is a way to check what cars you have photographed and which you need. Start>Progress>Horizon Promo That will give a list. It will even tell you if you own the car. Super helpful.

Hellix

I'll try asking this here:

I have been trying to connect online, but my server connectivity keeps saying Blocked in the Xbox app. Microsoft's help page didn't help with anything. Anyone ran into this before and know how to resolve it? I did a bunch of weird shit with command prompts and re-installing the Teredo Network Adapter--no dice.

Edit: Well, nevermind I guess, I finally connected to a session even though it is still saying Blocked.

Top Bottom