• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

PatzCU

My requests to join the GAF club seem to not be getting through? I've tried several times now with no avail. Gamertag is PatzCU. Is it full?

Months later I finally unlocked the Goliath course. This track is nuts. Used an X class car and my average speed was easily 200 mph+

One thing though, I'll be going like 230 then another car will scream past me like it's nothing? How the hell does that work? Then there will be times where I round a corner at the same time as another car and they'll legit nitro boost and be like half a mile ahead of me in 10s

zorbsie

My requests to join the GAF club seem to not be getting through? I've tried several times now with no avail. Gamertag is PatzCU. Is it full?

It's not full but if you don't tell us your requesting we don't look for it. :) Can you try to send it one more time, I'll make sure to keep an eye out for it.

Fox Mulder

Months later I finally unlocked the Goliath course. This track is nuts. Used an X class car and my average speed was easily 200 mph+

One thing though, I'll be going like 230 then another car will scream past me like it's nothing? How the hell does that work? Then there will be times where I round a corner at the same time as another car and they'll legit nitro boost and be like half a mile ahead of me in 10s

AI rubber banding and on a different physics model. They can take turns like 50 mph faster than me in some spots it feels like.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Finally finished off driving along all 488 roads.

Glad to have that done, never se tout to accomplish that but I just had so much fun driving around doing nothing really that I wanted to get the last couple of hundred roads driven.
I have five more roads to go and I have no clue where they are. 👎🏻

willbsn13

Looks like the December car pack has leaked early!

kompletts3uxv.jpg

1965 Pontiac GTO
1992 Toyota Supra 2.0 GT Twin Turbo
1996 HSV GTSR
2014 Morgan 3 Wheeler
2017 Mercedes-AMG GT R
2017 Jaguar F-PACE S
2015 Bentley EXP 10 Speed 6 Concept.

rrs

I wonder if the Morgan 3 wheeler will have a twin-rotor option, that should make for a fun machine.

am I the only one more excited about the pre-2000s cars than like the 3 new sports cars in every pack?

KRaZyAmmo

I wonder if the Morgan 3 wheeler will have a twin-rotor option, that should make for a fun machine.

am I the only one more excited about the pre-2000s cars than like the 3 new sports cars in every pack?

nah you're not the only one. I'm excited for MKIII Supra and Morgan 3 wheeler.

zorbsie

Excited for the next car pack. Good mix of cars. Still haven't bought the expansion pass yet. Keep forgetting to buy it. I just know I'm going to buy it on the 14th and miss out on the discount.

terrible

Banned
There are a couple interesting cars in that pack but nothing I really immediately need to use. This is the first time I've sort of regretted buying a car pass in Forza. The default car roster was already so epic, I feel like I'm just adding to my "need to drive" backlog here. So many awesome cars, so little time. Yeah this is a bit of a silly complaint.

I should grab the expansion pass soon though, I know I'll just buy them day 1 anyway so I might as well save $15 CAD or whatever the discount is.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Excited for the next car pack. Good mix of cars. Still haven't bought the expansion pass yet. Keep forgetting to buy it. I just know I'm going to buy it on the 14th and miss out on the discount.

Do it NOW

update's out, 2.3 GB on PC (what)

Also new barn find, and all I can say about it is niceeeeee

What is it and where?

i don't care about spoilers :p

Raven77

I don't understand this new DLC. Is it going to be a new section of land that is part of the base games Australia or is it a new separately loaded area not connected at all to Australia or the main game? I really hope it's an add on to the original games map and not something you load separately. I don't want to have to choose whether or not I play the dlc or the main game, would prefer for it to be integrated seamlessly.

Gestault

I don't understand this new DLC. Is it going to be a new section of land that is part of the base games Australia or is it a new separately loaded area not connected at all to Australia or the main game? I really hope it's an add on to the original games map and not something you load separately. I don't want to have to choose whether or not I play the dlc or the main game, would prefer for it to be integrated seamlessly.

I'd assume it's handled like the Storm Island content for FH2, which means it's a new territory, but you go there during gameplay via a quick-travel point. You could hop back-and-forth between the vanilla and expanded map.

Does anyone know how to switch off rumble on PC? I'm using the 360 controller.

I've checked through all the settings and can't find it. Not only do I find it incredibly annoying when driving through fences, barb wire and stuff, its also draining my battery life.

Gears 4 has a rumble off toggle on PC so why not Forza Horizon 3?

Gestault

Does anyone know how to switch off rumble on PC? I'm using the 360 controller.

I've checked through all the settings and can't find it. Not only do I find it incredibly annoying when driving through fences, barb wire and stuff, its also draining my battery life.

Gears has a rumble off on PC so why not Forza Horizon 3?

I don't have the game in front of me, but I swear I remember that option being in there. Have you double-checked the different option categories?

Arc07

Anyone else stuck at the new barn find cutscene? It's been like 5 minutes of nothing but standing next to the car.

I don't have the game in front of me, but I swear I remember that option being in there. Have you double-checked the different option categories?

I think so. Looked in every option tab and also checked for it a few months ago and asked the same question in the PC performance thread but no-one answered.

I would've thought it would be in HUD Gameplay options but I've checked them all methodically numerous times. if its there then buggered if I can find it.

Fox Mulder

that would be ideal, as there's a snowy mountain off in the distance. I assume it'll be a separate thing like Storm Island though.

I'd be fine with older cars that aren't gimmicks. I'll never use stuff like the reliant van, morgan, or Steve urkel car. I don't think I've ever had the chance to race anything below B class online either because everyone picks way higher classes

Hi Guys:

Can someone explain to me how the progression system works with this game?
I dont understand what race to hit next, and what car do it it in. Its not very clear to me, and I end up driving around for 30 min, and then turn the game off after completing some stunts and maybe a race. Also whats the difference in doing an exhibition race or VS?

This game is awesome, but man its a jumbled mess when it comes to what am I supposed to be doing.

Hi Guys:

I dont understand what race to hit next, and what car do it it in. Its not very clear to me, and I end up driving around for 30 min, and then turn the game off after completing some stunts and maybe a race. Also whats the difference in doing an exhibition race or VS?

This game is awesome, but man its a jumbled mess when it comes to what am I supposed to be doing.

The whole point is that you can do whatever you like. There's so many ways to play, different style events. It's entirely up to you. And you can even create events yourself.

jesu

And Championships will make you choose which type of car to use.
Championships are 4 races over different tracks.
Exhibitions it's sometimes the one you drive up in, sometimes not.

jesu

I think so. Looked in every option tab and also checked for it a few months ago and asked the same question in the PC performance thread but no-one answered.

I would've thought it would be in HUD Gameplay options but I've checked them all methodically numerous times. if its there then buggered if I can find it.

It's in Controls on the Xbox which is next to hud and gameplay

Ocho

Hi Guys:

There are 63 tracks. Each track has an exhibition, I suggest you try to finish those first to get to see all tracks. Use your favorite car but sometimes the game will make you switch for a specific type.

After upgrading your festivals, you'll eventually unlock all 63 championships. Championships are 3-5 track races with specific car rules.

Not sure what VS is lol. Haven't tried it after 30+ hours.

danowat

Banned
Hi Guys:

The progression is mainly fans, opening and upgrading festival sites and doing showcases.

how you do that is entirely up to you, you can race in whatever car you want on whatever track you want against whatever AI cars you want.

it's entirely open ended, there is (for better or worse) no strict progression path.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to 'Favorite' races or events? The map is literally littered with stuff and I kind of just want a way to put a tick next to the stuff I enjoy most.

I imagine once I have all the festivals at level 5 the map will be crazy cluttered - which is awesome but will also make it hard to know what I want to re run

KRaZyAmmo

Out of curiosity, is there a way to 'Favorite' races or events? The map is literally littered with stuff and I kind of just want a way to put a tick next to the stuff I enjoy most.

I imagine once I have all the festivals at level 5 the map will be crazy cluttered - which is awesome but will also make it hard to know what I want to re run
There is no way to favorite a race. I've checked. Wish there was option for it though because there's some races that me and friends use as part of our budget car challenges.

Fox Mulder

The worst part is the let you filter down the map icons, but your selections don't stick for long.

I want the shit I finished to be gone unless I want it on the map.

Oh that's a shame - it's a credit to the game there's so much to do that the ui is a issue though haha my other gripe is that fast travel at least to each of the festival sites should be free as the map can be too large to traverse

On that note my main goal is to try each of the 60ish exhibitions and complete the bucket list. Im about halfway there and have already put over a day into the game which seems crazy

It's in Controls on the Xbox which is next to hud and gameplay

Found it in the controls under a sub menu called advanced. If you hit the start button within the controls menu it will pop up. Totally missed the tiny 3 lines in a circle icon in the bottom left of the screen that all websites use these days that hints at a second menu.

Thanks for making check there again.

Another thing with the 3 lines circle thing, it doesn't correspond to my 360 joypad. If it said hit > start or something I might've seen it. To me its a vague "settings" icon which could mean you're in settings. I'm too old school for this icon. Takes a while for me to see it on websites sometimes.

Gestault

Found it in the controls under a sub menu called advanced. If you hit the start button within the controls menu it will pop up. Totally missed the tiny 3 lines in a circle icon in the bottom left of the screen that all websites use these days that hints at a second menu.

Thanks for making check there again.

Another thing with the 3 lines circle thing, it doesn't correspond to my 360 joypad. If it said hit > start or something I might've seen it. To me its a vague "settings" icon which could mean you're in settings. I'm too old school for this icon. Takes a while for me to see it on websites sometimes.

I'm surprised the hamburger is so widely used. I used to call it that sarcastically, then I found out that's what it was called professionally in the design field.

Top Bottom