• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

zorbsie

Finally got to apply to join the GAF club, someone who runs the group please accept my request? GT is: Avatoid

End this saga! :D

Have you already been accepted? I didn't see a request from you. If you are not in, can you send another request please?

Gong

Have you already been accepted? I didn't see a request from you. If you are not in, can you send another request please?

I hadn't last time I checked on Wednesday evening. I'll submit another request :)

*EDIT* The clubs section in the group is greyed out, so I assume I'm in the process of being accepted?

KRaZyAmmo

5792d75b-cc9e-4e2c-a9a4-463e96c64874.jpg

RAGING BULLS: LAMBORGHINI WEEK
Lock Horns with some of the world’s finest supercars
Challenges:
· Chargin’ Forward – Complete 3 Drag Races in a Lamborghini to receive 150,000 CR
· Bull’s Eye – Get 3 stars on 10 Speed Traps or Speed Zones in a Lamborghini to earn 70,000 XP
· Stampede – Win 30 Head-to-Head Races in a Lamborghini to unlock the Arooga 1 Horn
· El Toro Especial – 30% off all Lamborghinis

WILD HORSES: FERRARI WEEK
Celebrate over 70 years on the prancing horse
Challenges:
· Back any Horse – Complete an Online Race in a Ferrari to receive 100,000 CR
· Horsing around – Create and complete a Bucket List Blueprint Challenge with a Ferrari to earn 10,000 XP
· Show Jumps – Jump 50 Danger Signs in a Ferrari to win the Ferrari 250LM
· A Horse with One Name – 30% Off all Ferraris

CELEBRATE THE S14th: REDUX
Horizon is giving you another chance to win the Nissan Silvia K’s ‘94
Challenges:
· Lone Drifter – Get 3 Stars on any Drift Zone to receive 10,000 CR
· Skills to Pay the Bills – Perform a Ultimate Skill Chain to receive 10,000 CR
· A Winner Never Quits – Finish in the top 3 in an Online Race to receive 10,000 CR
· Original Drift King – Complete ANY S14th Redux challenge to win the Nissan Silvia K’s ‘94

OFF ROAD AND RALLY
Get down and dirty with Horizon
Challenges:
· Rusty Bucket – Complete a Bucket List Challenge that ends in the Outback to earn 10,000 XP
· Landboat – Win 5 races in the Alumi Craft Class 1 Race Car to win the Terradyne Gurkha LAPV
· Do as the ‘Roos – Perform 100 Kangaroo Skills to win 3 Wheelspins
· Trail Sales – 30% off Offroad and Rally Monster cars

WINTER WONDER LAND-DOWN-UNDER
Jolly Times Ahead!
Challenges:
· O Tannenbaum – Earn 3 Stars on a PR Stunt at the Timber Mill to receive 120,000 CR
· Reindeer Games – Play 10 Playground Games to win the Ford GT Horizon Edition
· Bah Humbug – Perform 50 Skill Chains in a Mercedes-Benz to win 3 wheelspins
· ‘Twas the Night Before – Complete ANY event or race to win the Bentley #7 GT3

Thanksgiving #Forzathon was the easiest yet. Nice that PG is ramping it up for December. Still no word about the expansion.

Landboat – Win 5 races in the Alumi Craft Class 1 Race Car to win the Terradyne Gurkha LAPV

About time.

Show Jumps – Jump 50 Danger Signs in a Ferrari to win the Ferrari 250LM

giphy.gif

fantomena

I think Im done with the game, for not at least, it was really fun and I reached the 4th showcase, but now things are getting pretty stale. I need about 4000000 fans to reach the last showcase and 1,6 million fans to reach the next festival upgrade. However, right now, it's mostly just PR stunts I can get, not a lot of new races or championships. Getting very stale. Might get back to the game in the future though.

Noobcraft

I think Im done with the game, for not at least, it was really fun and I reached the 4th showcase, but now things are getting pretty stale. I need about 4000000 fans to reach the last showcase and 1,6 million fans to reach the next festival upgrade. However, right now, it's mostly just PR stunts I can get, not a lot of new races or championships. Getting very stale. Might get back to the game in the future though.
You might want to try to do some online co-op if you want to mix it up a bit. It's an easy way to get a lot of fans and it reduces the grind.

Those Forzathon challenges look pretty fun actually. Some will take a bit of time but still, not bad. The Silvia K's is one of the few cars I've sold in the auction house and the thing went quick so I'd like to get that, spruce it up, and do it again.

Luckily for me though, one of my free wheelspins today won me the Ford GT Horizon Edition so I'll take a chance to get another. Looking forward to these.

zorbsie

I hadn't last time I checked on Wednesday evening. I'll submit another request :)

*EDIT* The clubs section in the group is greyed out, so I assume I'm in the process of being accepted?

Strange. And you have unlocked clubs in game right? Sorry for the stupid question.
If so and I still don't see it tonight, I'll add you as a friend and invite you to the car club.

Gong

Strange. And you have unlocked clubs in game right? Sorry for the stupid question.
If so and I still don't see it tonight, I'll add you as a friend and invite you to the car club.

Yep, clubs unlocked and I sent another request to join in the intervening hours once it became available again. No problem, I'll look for your FR and invite, thanks.

*EDIT* have just sent another request, hopefully it shakes out this time.

Fox Mulder

The campaign was pretty bad really, weakest of the three to me. I was still able to finish it in like two days and don't care about the dozens and dozens of races I have left on the map.

I have fun taking cars and finding great tunes to just fuck around with in the world. The game is gorgeous and I still find enough fun shit to do. #1 on the gaf club board.

m23

It's unfortunate. I lost interest in this a lot quicker than the previous instalments.

Forza Motorsport 7 is the one I'll wait for, FM series is my go to.

zorbsie

Yep, clubs unlocked and I sent another request to join in the intervening hours once it became available again. No problem, I'll look for your FR and invite, thanks.

*EDIT* have just sent another request, hopefully it shakes out this time.

Invite sent. You should have it in your message center.

SlickVic

Once the progression requirements get steep like that for me I'll probably stop playing soon after. Though at this point for me I still haven't unlocked the 4th area and Live tells me I've put 22 hours into the game so far. Still having a lot of fun with it. I sit down just to play a couple races and end up staying a solid 2 hours. So I figure I'll hit close to 30 hours once it's all said and done. That's easily the most I've ever spent playing a racing game (I could probably combine my time among all racing games I've played over the years before FH3 and it would likely come out to under 15-20 hours).

After all these years, I'm really glad I found a racing game that really clicked for me.

Once the progression requirements get steep like that for me I'll probably stop playing soon after. Though at this point for me I still haven't unlocked the 4th area and Live tells me I've put 22 hours into the game so far. Still having a lot of fun with it. I sit down just to play a couple races and end up staying a solid 2 hours. So I figure I'll hit close to 30 hours once it's all said and done. That's easily the most I've ever spent playing a racing game (I could probably combine my time among all racing games I've played over the years before FH3 and it would likely come out to under 15-20 hours).

After all these years, I'm really glad I found a racing game that really clicked for me.

Im exactly the same - ive apparently played 20 hours, have only just unlocked my fourth area and I still feel like I've only just gotten started

It's crazy and the game is crazy good - I actually can't see the requirements getting steeper even stopping me at this point

Those Forzathon challenges look pretty fun actually. Some will take a bit of time but still, not bad...

I just wish everything was more challenge-oriented. Like placing in the top 25% (or whatever) of three or so danger signs would be a lot more enjoyable (to me) than have to crank out 50 with no particular skill involved.

It's crazy and the game is crazy good - I actually can't see the requirements getting steeper even stopping me at this point

The requirements never seem that bad to me. I was well past the fan requirement before any fatigue set in.

Branson

There's so much fucking content in this game. I'm a bit overwhelmed right now and I've only been playing like 4 hours. There's like 50 "?" Already. Not sure where to go or what to do really. Just doing whatever now.

xrnzaaas

The Car Pass is on sale from Amazon for £16 at the moment. Worth it?

Hard to say. The first car pack from the season pass had a few very cool cars (like the Aston Martin Vulcan), the second one not so much. The remaining four are still a mystery. Personally I didn't buy it, because there's plenty of cars in the base game and I own maybe only half of them.

danowat

Banned
Hard to say. The first car pack from the season pass had a few very cool cars (like the Aston Martin Vulcan), the second one not so much. The remaining four are still a mystery. Personally I didn't buy it, because there's plenty of cars in the base game and I own maybe only half of them.
I'm with you on this one, the base content is more than enough, I barely scratch the surface when it comes to using the entire base car list on the Forza games.

Bumhead

Banned
Picked this game up on the Black Friday sale.

Fucking hell this game is GREAT. Jesus. I think I enjoyed the opening hour of this game more than my entire time with Horizon 2.

Some of the visuals are incredible too.

Seriously impressed.

jesu

Why not just do the new races and championships?

statham

Nope. This doesn't look like a hard challenge, "only" time consuming - do a random jump (no 3 stars required apparently, probably only one star), go back to the danger sign, repeat.

wonder if I have this, I'm a sucker for any danger zones, look forward to them, Its my favorite and then speed. maintaining speed I kinda hate and drifting I won't even do.

Yeah, I just picked up the digital Xbox/PC pack. But I think it's one license though. But I have no idea how it works. I'll just try it out. Thanks!

You just get it on both PC and Xbox, shows up in both your Xbox One and Windows 10 Store's install list. All your progress carries over as well.

Have we heard anything more on the first expansion? Or the latest car pack? Haven't been keeping up with the thread as much as I was before but I am ready to come back to some more Horizon soon :)

megalowho

Loved the original Forza Horizon and skipped the second. Got this on PC last night thanks to the sale and ended up playing until much later than I'd planned to.

All the positive impressions were spot on, game seems very well made and Playground/Turn 10's approach to arcade racing is as enjoyable as I remember it. Feeling the off-road additions especially, I unlocked the Outback first because recklessly sliding across the desert for combos sounded like a good time.

Fox Mulder

Loved the original Forza Horizon and skipped the second. Got this on PC last night thanks to the sale and ended up playing until much later than I'd planned to.

All the positive impressions were spot on, game seems very well made and Playground/Turn 10's approach to arcade racing is as enjoyable as I remember it. Feeling the off-road additions especially, I unlocked the Outback first because recklessly sliding across the desert for combos sounded like a good time.

I didn't like the offroad aspect in the second game, not counting the expansion, but it's way better here. I love slapping a rally suspension on something and dune it up.

Bebpo

Banned
After playing the SP in a couple long addictive sessions of 4-5 hours each, I have all the festivals unlocked and a little over 3 million fans; just upgrade the festivals for more events now. Despite not being able to put the game down, I can't say I had a really great time with the SP. It was alright, but it felt like a work grind. There was never enough events I wanted to do left so I'm doing stuff I'm not that into. Not a big fan of some of the bucket list races, I just wanna race but no races left ;|

The MP is a total joy and I can see how after you finish the SP progression (or when you just ignore it) there is tons and tons of fun to be had racing with a pack or fighting rival ghost laps of other people's blueprints.

It's just the SP progression is really meh, and it's definitely burning me out on the game. If I finish SP in a week or so I'll probably be done with the game completely because I'll be so burnt out.

I also feel like free roam isn't that interesting because there just isn't that much to do in the world. Yeah there's some collectibles that feel worthless and you'll run through some speed traps or across a jump, but idk, I feel like compared to other sandbox racers like Burnout Paradise there's just not a lot to do besides races.

Another thing that turns me off on the SP progression is that you can just use any car outside championships and the difficulty stays the same unless you change it manually. All the race challenge just feels kind of the same and it's lacking the campaign progression feel of getting more challenging as you go like every other racer campaign has (I still haven't beat Driveclub's campaign because it gets so fricken tough).

Again, the MP is fantastic and the racing is pretty good, the wide selection of cars gives that Forza/GT collect em all feel and the game sure is a looker (although playing on PC the mess of a stuttery uneven port probably makes it less fun as well), just I feel the SP campaign is built to be kinda anti-player and work instead of a pure joy of racing around. The fact so many things you can do when just racing around having fun don't give any fans at all, even MP racing, is just stupid as it makes me feel like I shouldn't be doing anything that doesn't give me fans.

Top Bottom