• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

How does the upcoming DLC Blizzard Mountain expansion work in regards to downloading and whatnot? Is it included in the updates that seemingly download every week or so? Or is it a separate download upon release? Can you buy it separately from the season pass, etc?

I haven't given the main game it's due simply because of my addictive nature towards Destiny and The Division even though FH3 was looking like my most anticipated title of the Fall/Winter.

The snowy atmosphere of this expansion has certainly gotten my attention.

KRaZyAmmo

Btw anyone struggling to get the Ford Shelby GT350R Preorder car for the Horizon Promo try the following;

- Take any Ford car and upgrade it to S1 class.

- Go to the Dam and Dry Bridge Loop Street Race.

- Setup the event and have a look at the Starting Grid the correct car will show up as Ford GT350R '16 PO

- If it doesn't show up quit the event and setup again until it shows up on the Starting Grid.

I just managed to take a pic of the car doing the above. A pain sure but it def worked for me so may be worth a shot for anyone that still needs to take a photo of this car. I used the Ford Mustang '69 upgraded to S1 to achieve it.

Actually I found if you upgraded to like 876 PI is perfect to amount to have the Ford GT350R '16 PO to pop up.

SliChillax

I wish that there was an option where the transmission defaults to manual when racing and then back to automatic when in free roam. Reversing is a pain in the ass when in manual and I reverse a lot when exploring.

willbsn13

I wonder if there will be a studded tire option? I got the Expansion Season Pass this afternoon, I wonder if the other expansion is the Porsche one?

At least its not raining, who knew that in Australia they had so much rain, it seems to rain everyday in Forzaville!
/s

I believe there will be snow tires as a new upgrade for all vehicles in the game. Whether they'll have actual studs on this is unclear at this point

KRaZyAmmo

Anyone has a good way to approach all the speed zone and traps? More especially the zones because those are giving me the hardest time to 3 star.

damn i spent all my moolah on the fxx k. i don't like it all at all. apparently it has a great launch but you gotta feather it until you hit third gear. would it be better if i used manual?

Noobcraft

damn i spent all my moolah on the fxx k. i don't like it all at all. apparently it has a great launch but you gotta feather it until you hit third gear. would it be better if i used manual?
Like most hypercars in the game, either very gentle throttle control or TCS on is the only way to drive them reasonably.

rrs

Anyone has a good way to approach all the speed zone and traps? More especially the zones because those are giving me the hardest time to 3 star.
use a 4WD tuned race car for the zones, supercars/tuned race car/jag F-type for the speed traps, depending on location
It's one of the better 2WD supercars stock without TCS, ironically. But yes, TCS is all but needed for most of the supercars due to way too much power for the wheels to take in low gears.

Go into Private Online Freeroam to attempt any PR stunt that has far too many Drivatars show up. You'll have a much easier time just dealing with the standard AI traffic.

Makikou

It's one of the better 2WD supercars stock without TCS, ironically. But yes, TCS is all but needed for most of the supercars due to way too much power for the wheels to take in low gears.

What this game really needs is a Factory option for driving aids. If the car actually has TC or ABS, having the switches on Factory should default to said factory settings..

Turned on TCS and it's actually pretty enjoyable now. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit rough in the lower gears but the AI eats me off the grid and corners. Not sure why they're unaffected by the assists being turned off

What this game really needs is a Factory option for driving aids. If the car actually has TC or ABS, having the switches on Factory should default to said factory settings..

I would love this. I usually drive with most assists off (I think ABS is all I use?), but some cars clearly weren't designed for that.

veidi

I believe there will be snow tires as a new upgrade for all vehicles in the game. Whether they'll have actual studs on this is unclear at this point

"There will be Snow tires for every car in the game.
You could also put normal tires on, if you want it more slippery"

From the Forza Race Championship stream yesterday.

Full Trailer comes on Tuesday.

danowat

Banned

And also the granularity of adjustment that those factory option offer, they make a huge difference in AC.

RawNuts

"There will be Snow tires for every car in the game.
You could also put normal tires on, if you want it more slippery"
I want the slipperiest tires imaginable. The most slippery tires you can have is the kind of tires that I want.

I want this because of reasons.

The problem with Forza is they still view using driving aids as something we should be penalised for.

But cars today are a combination of their hardware and software. Many hypercars can only exist, can only allow mortals to put 1000bhp onto the tarmac, because of that software.

So we shouldn't lose points for using what is integral to the car.

GHG

The problem with Forza is they still view using driving aids as something we should be penalised for.

But cars today are a combination of their hardware and software. Many hypercars can only exist, can only allow mortals to put 1000bhp onto the tarmac, because of that software.

Agreed. There should be a "factory" assist setting but there isn't for some reason.

danowat

Banned

Some car can also be faster with assists than without , but yeah, the notion that (some) assists are just for noobs needs to be rid off.

RawNuts

Are they penalizing drivers for using aids? Or are they giving a bonus to drivers who choose to turn off aids even if those cars use them IRL?

Just seems like a glass-half-empty way to look at it.

yup, this has been a big gripe for me...or at the very least, being able to set your assists to the car, not globally.

So my B Class WRX, no assists...but on a specc'd up Ferrari the NEEDS TCS assists, let me set it so that car has it enabled as part of the tune. It's annoying to bury it in game control settings

Falchion

It's weird we won't get a full trailer until launch day, guess it's not that big of a deal though. Really excited to jump back into this game.

rrs

Turned on TCS and it's actually pretty enjoyable now. I wouldn't mind if it was a bit rough in the lower gears but the AI eats me off the grid and corners. Not sure why they're unaffected by the assists being turned off
The AI have less realistic physics that give better cornering grip, as for the grid the AI is most likely using 4WD tunes that would give better low speed acceleration and launch.

Are they penalizing drivers for using aids? Or are they giving a bonus to drivers who choose to turn off aids even if those cars use them IRL?

Just seems like a glass-half-empty way to look at it.
it's a bonus if you don't use it, regardless if the car had TCS/ABS on it or not. It wouldn't matter much when even the silly limit was at 1000 HP, but with 1500 HP being the limit something needs to be changed.

I think DLC releases haven been pretty smooth overall. That said, I do remember the issue with Storm Island where people couldn't get to the island from the map.

Anyway, really looking forward to this but probably won't have much time this week. :/

So you can plow into Soundsceam easier.
a47f9ee3f1b6409a13d48e50d124efe4.gif

Gestault

Was I unreasonable to have hoped for a more specific answer? I knew about some random fringe stuff (along the lines of the other points your bring up) but I played it and was engaged with the community around the same time and didn't know about anything. Which isn't to say those issues don't matter, but I feel like we're talking about different scopes of problems.

Either way, it's easy enough to wait a few days and listen for issues if there's real concern.

Chris R

I'll buy the expansion pass if it fixes the PC performance and isn't 50gb that I need to download through the piece of shit that is the store app.

Top Bottom