• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

You're welcome, except now I'm kinda doubting my recollection. Anyone remember whether Byron Bay has to be first and you only get to choose the location for the following festivals?

Yes Byron Bay is the default first one.

OMG! Played Blizzard Mountain for a bit this morning.

I know it will sound like massive hyperbole, but I think I like it even better that the main game.

It reminds me a lot of Forza Horizon 1 - my favorite.

Love it.

LOVE IT!

EDIT: My treasure map does not seem to apply to the expansion :/

Press Y on the map to activate it, it is disabled by default.

I think the thing that stood out to me the most was the winter sun. They nailed it and it looks even more stunning with hdr.

can you get this cheap for pc somewhere? i mean the main game
Xbox download code is $30 at best buy and comes with the pc version. Physical version is also $30 or $24 w/ gcu but doesn't come with a pc copy.

RawNuts

Guys help me out. I have never played any of the horizon games. I'm also terrible at racing games or rather anything that remotely resembles a simulator so regular forza is out of the question for me.

My problem is I keep seeing gorgeous screenshots of this game and seeing as how the price is reasonable, I'm thinking I might like to give it a shot but am I going to enjoy it is the question? Also how bad will I be without a wheel or is that not a thing anymore! Thanks guys
I don't think I can describe the handling in a better way than playing for yourself would; you should download the demo and see how you enjoy it for yourself. Just because you say you're terrible at racing games though, don't be afraid to toggle some of the assists either, as they can give the driving a completely different, and often more visceral, feeling.

I think you'll enjoy it though, I'm a huge Forza fan and the Horizon series is the only way I can get some of my friends to play Forza games with me, as they simply can't stand Motorsport. Horizon tends to scratch all our itches, it's amazing how well it can appeal to people who are all coming to it for different things.

Hey do you earn fans on the expansion content? It would be cool to be able to unlock the last few festival upgrades while playing the dlc

No real biggie if not but just wondered

xrnzaaas

Hey do you earn fans on the expansion content? It would be cool to be able to unlock the last few festival upgrades while playing the dlc

No real biggie if not but just wondered

You don't earn fans in this expansion, you earn stars. 1-3 stars for a single event, earn enough stars and you'll unlock new events.

I don't buy season passes, because you don't know if the shit in them is going to be any good. I buy what I like piecemeal and I've never once regretted it.

Microsoft should be able to refund your purchases if you explain it to them.

xrnzaaas

Imo you should take more time to read what the Ultimate Editions contains and assume that everything not mentioned is paid extra. It was exactly the same with previous Forza titles. You get the car pass and the VIP membership, but you don't get the expansions and extra car packs (released after the main six).

Personally I don't like how the car packs and the expansions are becoming more expensive with every new Forza game, but I can't say I wasn't informed at any point what I will get with my purchases and what I won't.

Gestault

From a layman perspective I feel 'Ultimate Edition' should include everything... ;D

Agreed. I give them credit for being clear in the actual product descriptions (they spell out that it's Car Pass + VIP), but that's a bad label for it when the Expansion Pass is so beefy and has part of it coming out that same year.

-Stranger-

So playground are doing another full blown expansion for FH3 as well?
Hmm wonder what it'll be.

As for Blizzard Mountain, it's great me and my daughter were just muckin around doing jumps and burnouts in the snow.

kazinova

I'm $120 in on this game. It's absolutely worth that price, I've played 2x more than any other game this year. I get that people don't want to, or can't pay double for every game. But this is one of those rare cases where the money is well deserved for PG et al.

Kinda like how I dropped hundreds of bucks on LoL but it absolutely deserved that money given the hundreds of hours I played it back in the day.

BraXzy

Imo you should take more time to read what the Ultimate Editions contains and assume that everything not mentioned is paid extra. It was exactly the same with previous Forza titles. You get the car pass and the VIP membership, but you don't get the expansions and extra car packs (released after the main six).

I've not purchased it and I hadn't looked into it but this is true:

From a layman perspective I feel 'Ultimate Edition' should include everything... ;D

Almost every game with some sort of season pass comes in 3 versions digitally: Standard (just game), Deluxe (bonus skins), Ultimate (season passs included).

Obviously this should be double checked but it's not odd to think most people would presume that.

Theorry

Well technically the Ultimate editon comes with a season pass. Its just not based on expansion but a pass gets you new cars every month.

Quick question, if I buy a 25€ XBOX Prepaid-card to buy Blizzard Mountain, I can also redeem it on the Windows 10 Microsoft Store right?

Cyanity

Banned
Bonus photos:

xfirxeE.jpg

ZlURSxW.jpg

Well I got the expansion pass (or whatever it's called) as it was £20-ish on the Windows Store (PC). Wasn't going to initially but that's fairly cheap and as I do intend to keep playing FH3 for as long as possible why not.
Not had time to play much but it's certainly fun driving in a blizzard.

Cyanity

Banned
Is there a listing anywhere of the new cars that come with the expansion pack?

edit - also, can you apply snow tires to a car and then download a custom tune without removing the snow tires? This locked tune bullshit is getting tiring.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Great tip, thanks. I'm getting this and an XB1 for Christmas, so I'll have to unlock the airport area first thing! Any idea how long it will take?

Doesn't look like very long, I'm a few hours in and haven't yet, but I can see it pushing me that direction on the map soon.

Dynamic3

Is there a list of cars that can only be acquired through a Forzathon, like the S14? I assume the upcoming Ghurka is one as well?

Quirah

Are they selling Season Pass or DLC's digital code on Amazon? I can't find it. I have $35 promotional coupon, want to buy it from here.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
this infuriated me, seeing that price pop up after paying 100 bones for this thing.

then i played my first blizzard race.

now idc that was amazing.

I am at the first step in this process. I thought that the Ultimate included everything as well.

icedragon08

Neo Member
For the pc players, what settings do you recommend to maintain a stable 60fps with a 980ti and i7 6700k?

I play on Ultra (1080p) with Frame Smoothing, Dynamik Optimization disabled and locked to 72fps. I get 60+ Fps 90% of the time. Races sometimes drop to 50 at the lowest. Other bad place is the streat with the trams in surfers paradise. Thats the only place were I really notice any stuttering.

The expansion runs even better and only drops to mid 50 in races. 72fps 80% of the time.
My 980ti is slightly overclocked but nothing major.

rrs

Quick question, if I buy a 25€ XBOX Prepaid-card to buy Blizzard Mountain, I can also redeem it on the Windows 10 Microsoft Store right?
yeah, did it myself for the dlc
Is there no solution to snow tire-less tunes locking you out of proper handling in the DLC? I want to use Don Joewon Song's C class 1974 Celica GT tune but can't put snow tires on it :\
I'd say ask on the offical forums for the feature to add snow tires to pretuned cars, otherwise I don't think you'll get snowtires unless you get a dirt tire using setup

Cyanity

Banned
Is there no solution to snow tire-less tunes locking you out of proper handling in the DLC? I want to use Don Joewon Song's C class 1974 Celica GT tune but can't put snow tires on it :\

Noobcraft

Putting snow tires on my Datsun bumps it from D class to A class lol. I'm just using standard tires because it's still a beast. I'm beating unbeatable AI by 10+ seconds on each event lol.

Cyanity

Banned
Putting snow tires on my Datsun bumps it from D class to A class lol. I'm just using standard tires because it's still a beast. I'm beating unbeatable AI by 10+ seconds on each event lol.

Same. It seems like the lower grade classes are easy to beat with the right tunes. Even without snowtires.

I hate that I've spend so much money on this game and I love that I've spent so much money on this game. Outside of the pricing models, Forza Horizon just never disappoints me.

MarveI

The little touches make it for me such as the wind blowing through the trees the way the trees move in a blizzard I'm just speechless. I'm looking more at the environments than focusing on the race lol. Should stop doing that but it's not an easy task.

Top Bottom