• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

31486428132_d69507a1de_o.png
Man I love this expansion!

This is easily the best racing franchise in my opinion. Will play a bit each night but wont be able to sink some good time into it until the weekend likely. The blizzards are incredible! :)

Chris R

Latest update has made the PC performance much better for me.

It still drops down to 40fps at random times for no good reason, but now it seems to sit around 65 instead of 45 like it did at launch, and I had no juddering like I did at launch in the 20 minutes I played tonight.

Don't think I'll get the expansion pass at $20 though, maybe one day if the price comes down some more, or knowing me I'll grab it sometime in January after playing like 20 hours one week

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Hey all, just FYI, if you are like me and just bought the full game and/or haven't progressed much at all in the game, you won't be able to access the expansion until you progress far enough to unlock the whole airport area.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I didnt see any mention of that yet, and finally found the into on Kotaku.

Evo X

Is there an easier way to put snow tires on all your cars instead of having to keep going back to the festival?

I just bought a car for an event and it just put me in the race right away without letting me put them on. I had to quit the event and drive back and forth. Huge waste of time if you have to keep doing it.

Hey all, just FYI, if you are like me and just bought the full game and/or haven't progressed much at all in the game, you won't be able to access the expansion until you progress far enough to unlock the whole airport area.

Just thought I'd mention it, as I didnt see any mention of that yet, and finally found the into on Kotaku.

Appreciate that! I'm really early in the game... But love snow related ANYTHING. Good to know regarding when it becomes available.

Evo X

S1 modified BMW X6M with 830HP is a beast on Blizzard Mountain!

Is there any way to get the expansion pass for cheaper than it is straight from the store? $52 is pretty steep.

It's 24.99 for Ultimate Edition owners and $34.99 otherwise for this and a future expansion.

Where the fuck are you seeing it for $52?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
God damn this mountain is fun, I made it up to the peak and drove off. It didn't go well.

Pretty ridiculous how fun this is and how good this looks

What's more is the expansion pass was 25 bucks USD compared to my other not so smart season passes that cost 20-30 which returned garbage or basically nothing at all. Plus there's one more expansion included.

playXray

Great tip, thanks. I'm getting this and an XB1 for Christmas, so I'll have to unlock the airport area first thing! Any idea how long it will take?

GHG

Got to the fast travel point and the game just hangs on a loading screen after selecting the option to go to blizzard mountain.

Great start.

Edit: hard reset did the trick. What an intro.

xrnzaaas

So here's my take on Blizzard Mountain after playing the game for little over 3 hours:

- The map is small, but it's, hm, cute? Even after I've discovered all roads and beauty spots I've found myself going downhill or sliding on the lake just for fun.
- The blizzard effects are superb, no way is it possible to be competetive from the cockpit view. :D
- The new car selection is really poor. When you visit the car dealership you'll notice that the Subaru and both Lancia's are pretty much like HE versions of the existing cars. The other ones are better and the barn find so far is my favorite.
- I love the idea of having objectives, the game now plays like Driveclub. :D If only they were more a little bit more creative (and harder,but I guess that's still yet to come for me).

I have never loved my S1 Bowler more than I do on the Mountain, and it was already my go-to car for skills and cross-country races.

Great tip, thanks. I'm getting this and an XB1 for Christmas, so I'll have to unlock the airport area first thing! Any idea how long it will take?

You can unlock it at the very beginning, you just have to choose the outback as your first festival location :)

I just bought the expansion pass on PC and the game is infinitely stuck on loading into Blizzard Mountain. Great...

Happened to me, restarting the game fixed it.

Yeah same. Well the game is still drop dead gorgeous that's for sure.

God yes. That introductory race where you get airdropped in and can see the entire valley spread out below you...

Also I will mention it again, but those night blizzard races when you pass pools of light in the darkness, wow...

What's the general opinion on the barn find? Haven't had a chance to put it through its paces yet.

rizzo0

Guys help me out. I have never played any of the horizon games. I'm also terrible at racing games or rather anything that remotely resembles a simulator so regular forza is out of the question for me.

My problem is I keep seeing gorgeous screenshots of this game and seeing as how the price is reasonable, I'm thinking I might like to give it a shot but am I going to enjoy it is the question? Also how bad will I be without a wheel or is that not a thing anymore! Thanks guys

danowat

Banned
Guys help me out. I have never played any of the horizon games. I'm also terrible at racing games or rather anything that remotely resembles a simulator so regular forza is out of the question for me.

My problem is I keep seeing gorgeous screenshots of this game and seeing as how the price is reasonable, I'm thinking I might like to give it a shot but am I going to enjoy it is the question? Also how bad will I be without a wheel or is that not a thing anymore! Thanks guys

If you've played an arcade style racing game, and enjoyed it, you'll like FH3, the handling is really refined and doesn't have the nuances of a simulator driving model (that isn't a slight against FH3, it's a praise), you can hold lurid slides all day long, and it's one of those driving models that just makes you smile.

You do not need a wheel at all to have fun.

Tall Paul

You're welcome, except now I'm kinda doubting my recollection. Anyone remember whether Byron Bay has to be first and you only get to choose the location for the following festivals?
I'm sure can choose 1 of 2 options once Bryon Bay is upgraded enough once as I remember thinking "what if you only get to do 1 and not the other" pretty sure outback or Surfers are options for first expansion outside of the starting festival.

If you don't like sims I can't see how you wouldn't enjoy this game. So fun.

I play exclusively with controller. On Xbox One I play on medium assist/difficulty, on PC with way higher FPS I can manage more challenging settings.

GlamFM

Banned
OMG! Played Blizzard Mountain for a bit this morning.

I know it will sound like massive hyperbole, but I think I like it even better that the main game.

It reminds me a lot of Forza Horizon 1 - my favorite.

Love it.

LOVE IT!

EDIT: My treasure map does not seem to apply to the expansion :/

xrnzaaas

EDIT: My treasure map does not seem to apply to the
expansion :/

There are only 25 bounty boards and 5 beauty spots. I've found all spots (the Frozen Lake spot was the hardest to find), still missing 5 boards, but maybe I'll uncover them simply by participating in events.

Top Bottom