• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

danowat

Banned
my xbox feed is literally full of content from the blizzard expansion, it does look really nice.
I'll give it a week or so and see how the gameplay side of three expansion pans out before I dip in.

zorbsie

Blizzard mountain is so fantastic. Good to see my favourite car is still a beast in the snow.
screenshot-originalfuklg.png

screenshot-original3vkq9.png

PaulLFC

The release of the expansion made me play this game again and it's just reminded me how annoying their system is for claiming DLC cars. I had a few packs' worth to add to my garage from the car pass as I haven't played the game in a while, which yes is my fault - but the system in place could not be much more time consuming if it tried. Unless I missed something, you have to do the following:

1. Go to "DLC Cars"
2. Select all cars or a specific car pack
3. Select a car, wait for it to load
4. Select a paint job, wait for it to download
5. Press A twice, wait a while for the car to "save"
6. Watch a cut scene and wait a bit more before you can press B on the screen with the view of the car
7. Repeat for Every. Single. Car.

Am I missing something obvious here? Why is this such a chore? Would an "Add all DLC cars to garage" button really be too much to ask for?

Fox Mulder

I finally finished all championships, exhibitions, and 3 starred all PR events in the base game. Hilarious that you don't get shit for it, not even like 100k or something.

The release of the expansion made me play this game again and it's just reminded me how annoying their system is for claiming DLC cars. I had a few packs' worth to add to my garage from the car pass as I haven't played the game in a while, which yes is my fault - but the system in place could not be much more time consuming if it tried. Unless I missed something, you have to do the following:

1. Go to "DLC Cars"
2. Select all cars or a specific car pack
3. Select a car, wait for it to load
4. Select a paint job, wait for it to download
5. Press A twice, wait a while for the car to "save"
6. Watch a cut scene and wait a bit more before you can press B on the screen with the view of the car
7. Repeat for Every. Single. Car.

Am I missing something obvious here? Why is this such a chore? Would an "Add all DLC cars to garage" button really be too much to ask for?

It's intentional. Theyve automatically added cars to your garage before and could do it for dlc. They want you to go through the bullshit of getting each car for some reason.

U2NUMB

Ok so after the initial race I have only one thing to say... Phil give Playground games whatever amount of money they want to create Rally Sport Challenge 3.. then lock them up for Horizon 4 5 6 7.. just keep them in fold. Holy shit they know how to make a fun game that looks amazing.

Been tooling around the mountain for a couple hours now, must say this is a pretty fantastic expansion so far. The roads are well-designed and fun to drive, there's variety in the races, and the whole thing is just so beautiful...

The blizzard races at night are really something, especially up on the mountain when you're in the dark and suddenly pass by a lit up area. Unreal.

Theorry

What can we expect from the second expansion you guys think?
Trying to think of it and what they still can do in Australia. But dont know.

someone tell me this isn't good and i shouldn't buy it.

It isn't good and you should buy it.
/lies

What can we expect from the second expansion you guys think?
Trying to think of it and what they still can do in Australia. But dont know.

Someone suggested a big pack of Porsches.

E: maybe something street-racing focused? There seem to be more off-road and mixed surface races than pure asphalt ones in the base game. There are also plenty of fun roads that weren't used in any races, so a whole bunch of new ones wouldn't go amiss.

Ok so after the initial race I have only one thing to say... Phil give Playground games whatever amount of money they want to create Rally Sport Challenge 3.. then lock them up for Horizon 4 5 6 7.. just keep them in fold. Holy shit they know how to make a fun game that looks amazing.

That would be amazing. Can you imagine?

Played around the new dlc. And it's really nice, it's looking good and the thick snow deformation looks decent.
Already unlocked all roads and beauty spots.
Drove around in a group b lancia s4 with 600kw.
Really nice sound and turbo lag.
But somehow it didn't turn dark when I was playing. Didn't do a single race yet, but does it trigger later ? Just unlocked the barn find, and then it was dark for 3 seconds and sun rises. So maybe now it's unlocked. Played for 3 hours and no sunset/night so...
Also have to rectify what I said earlier, there is traffic on some roads. Unlike storm island where no traffic cars are to be seen.

rrs

But somehow it didn't turn dark when I was playing. Didn't do a single race yet, but does it trigger later ? Just unlocked the barn find, and then it was dark for 3 seconds and sun rises. So maybe now it's unlocked. Played for 3 hours and no sunset/night so...
Also have to rectify what I said earlier, there is traffic on some roads. Unlike storm island where no traffic cars are to be seen.
it gets dark, and that's when the blizzard races get fun

Wow, somehow the visuals on Blizzard Mountain look even better than the main game. Just stunning really. Especially at night. And the star system is great. Super expansion, so happy!

Holy shit guys, that first fuckin race? Goddam that was awesome. The music, the car and the feel of the cars on the snow is so good.

Loving this shit.

Noobcraft

My only problem with the expansion is that I never really want to go back to Australia. Everything is better on Blizzard Mountain lol.

Its amazing how well Playground manages to capture the feel of driving through deep snow and gliding across smooth ice. The only thing better is how gorgeous this game is. I just bought a new Samsung Curved 65 inch 4k HDR 1000 SUHD a week ago and WOW, that glistening white snow and HDR melts my eyeballs.

Top Bottom