• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

OrangeOak

That mountain. Very cool to drive around in this area.

31636648085_a5c57e353b_o.png

that looks so good :) Nice screen.

xrnzaaas

That Lamborghini bucket list challenge was supposed to be easy? No way. Yeah it's short, but you have to memorize the route, drive half blind and pray for no traffic.

What are the chances they use this engine in an open world game? Preferably survival.

Every time I'm driving around I always think getting out of the vehicle and having it be a survival game would be fun. What's more is the blizzards in the latest expansion look so comfy and just further that thought. Weather in this game is top notch for being open world.

Evo X

What are the chances they use this engine in an open world game? Preferably survival.

Every time I'm driving around I always think getting out of the vehicle and having it be a survival game would be fun. What's more is the blizzards in the latest expansion look so comfy and just further that thought. Weather in this game is top notch for being open world.

Far Cry 4 is probably the closest thing.

KRaZyAmmo

Is the VIP membership worth it? Probably picking up the base game today.
It's not much. You just get 10 cars, double credits, and gifted cars. You should go for the car pass (or buy any individual dlc car that tickles your fancy) and the new expansion. The base game is more than enough already.

So i loved the demo and the trailer yesterday made me really want this game... then i see today that the game is $24 with GCU at Best Buy, took this as a sign and ordered it.

Been a long time since I've played a racing game, I'm pumped!

styl3s

Do i have to unlock all base festivals to access Blizzard mountain because i am missing 2 and Blizzard Mountain is locked off which seems kind of dumb considering it's a racing game.

this shit is busted i updated the game bought the expansion pass and went to the spot on the map. it just says "install" and i click on it and it has a little loading box and then it tells me i purchased the expansion and then nothing happens ughhhhhhhh

this shit is busted i updated the game bought the expansion pass and went to the spot on the map. it just says "install" and i click on it and it has a little loading box and then it tells me i purchased the expansion and then nothing happens ughhhhhhhh

Did you check the box under my games and apps, it showed me it was installing when that happend to me.

Doffen

You're on Xbox? Find the game in your library and select manage. You might see the DLC there under ready to install.

KRaZyAmmo

Did you update the base game?

terrible

Banned
I just reformatted my PC and now the game doesn't even show up in my library in the store. What the fuck lol.

Fully updated Windows and all that too.

tdrdrgn

yeah i had this issue on the pc; you cant "install" a expansion pass. search forza horizon 3 blizzard mountain on the ms store, that's where you install the expansion if you own the pass.

kevin1025

Banned
This game is so massive, I can't even think of more content, haha. Really liking the screenshots, though, looks incredible! I'll jump in there in the new year, since I feel like I haven't even scratched the surface on the main game.

OK I entered a race in Round 7, and I didn't have an eligible vehicle that had snow tires on it, so I took a Lamborghini. The race had me bounding through deep snow, and then across an iced-over lake with the setting sun reflecting off the surface just right as I slid across and around the checkpoints. Man, it was magical and breathtaking, and I took first place. Man this expansion is long too, thought I would have finished it by now and things keep unlocking. I looked up how many stars there are total and I am impressed.

dedhead54

Holy fuckin moly. I had no idea the expansion came out today. Just downloaded it and started it up after having not played the base game really at all since October. I felt a sense of pure joy when the chopper dropped me on to the snow and I started racing down the mountain. I'm talking huge smile on my face, bobbing my head to the Justice song that was playing. I had forgotten for a bit, I guess, how good this game is. GOTY for me by far now.

Gwyn

Holy fuckin moly. I had no idea the expansion came out today. Just downloaded it and started it up after having not played the base game really at all since October. I felt a sense of pure joy when the chopper dropped me on to the snow and I started racing down the mountain. I'm talking huge smile on my face, bobbing my head to the Justice song that was playing. I had forgotten for a bit, I guess, how good this game is. GOTY for me by far now.

I wish there was a way to replay that race over and over again IT'S SO GOOD

ParityBit

$40 for the base game digitally from the Microsoft Store.
https://www.microsoftstore.com/stor...a-Horizon-3-for-Xbox-One/productID.5061286000

$30 at Best Buy for a digital code
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/forza-h...d/1000006713.p?id=1000006712&skuId=1000006713

Both are play anywhere (crossplay)

So if I get the BB card, it has the full base game? Better there then the MS store I guess. Is there a collection which has the expansion? Or do I need to get that seperate?

Noobcraft

So if I get the BB card, it has the full base game? Better there then the MS store I guess. Is there a collection which has the expansion? Or do I need to get that seperate?
The expansion pass is separate regardless of which version you purchase afaik. The Ultimate and Deluxe editions don't include it (the former gives you a $10 discount on the expansion pass). Blizzard Mountain on its own is $20 and the expansion pass which includes Blizzard Mountain + a second expansion (probably Porsches) is $35.

Klocker

Has it already been noted that all of the cars that have race tires available, now have Forza Horizon race tires available for them for purchase?

Great job playground digging it. Just Wish I could label all my tires.

and the blizzard Mountain is nice as hell

MilkyJoe

How the Fuck do I unlock blizzard Mountain? I paid for this I should not have to grind to get it open. T internet said get three festival sites open, so I did and it's still locked any ideas??

Makikou

Kinda wanting to get back on this but then I realize:

I'd have to download it on fucking Windows Store and fuck that.
I'd have to pay 20 bucks for the Snow Mountain expansion when I paid shitloads of cash for the ultimate edition
I'd start the game and it'd still run shit on 2500k, GTX 1060 probably.

Sigh.

Top Bottom