• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

As someone who's not played a lot of racing games I'm not sure what i expected.

But I guess the fastest car ramming everyone in every corner equals noobtube in shooters.

I think a lot of people in Forza (Motorsport) actually try to drive clean and fair, but because they never had to, they don't really know what line they are allowed to take without fucking someone elses line in an unfair way. That other guy then thinks "what an asshole" and goes to repercussion mode. Happens especially in wide 180° corners... and too different car classes lead to different braking points and people just waiting for the driving line to shift red, not realizing that the car infront of them has to brake earlier and ramming them at the end of longer straights. It's usually fairer to stop slipstreaming when your approaching the braking zone.

If that's your first experience, you just don't race online anymore, leaving more space for people who think ramming is kinda fun in the lower leagues.

Akoi

Enjoying the game so far on Xbox. I am waiting for a patch or two before I really try playing this on PC to fix the stutters.

My only complaint is I have still yet to receive my warthog code.

peteeM

The league system they had in Motorsport 6 really helped the multiplayer.
The higher leagues were mostly clean and fair racing, too bad there's no skill system in this game.

The league system they had in Motorsport 6 really helped the multiplayer.
The higher leagues were mostly clean and fair racing, too bad there's no skill system in this game.

Having a system that mixes people who don't get good lap times, but drive like a gentleman, with other people that put fairness above skill or competitiveness would really help to lure more people in.

Also... leagues with SLOW cars (edit: as in "slower and easier to handle than GT3") that come homologated (pre-tuned for that league by Turn 10 for example), so people don't abuse holes in the pi-rating system or can switch from leight-weight cars for Laguna Seca to pure-power at Monza with tunes made for that.

Spasm

My only complaint about this game is the fact that the last five drivatars which have been suggested for my team have been level 1 players who clearly are not playing the game. That lady is really bad at identifying promising drivers.

Are they on your friends list? The vast majority of mine are friends with previous Forza experience, but don't have H3 yet.

Join the GAF club, and you'll start seeing high level club members.

Edit: Quoted wrong post.

deadfolk

Anyone have any tips for bucket list #27?

Spoilered in case anyone wants the list to be full o' surprises:

The one where it plonks you on a building site and tells you to get 40k skill points. I'm struggling to make even half of that.

Doikor

The one where it plonks you on a building site and tells you to get 40k skill points. I'm struggling to make even half of that.

I got it quite easily by just drifting around and wrecking all the scaffolding etc. and jumping from the little dirt piles. Key is to grow the multiplier and thus not hit anything that stops that.

I got it quite easily by just drifting around and wrecking all the scaffolding etc. and jumping from the little dirt piles. Key is to grow the multiplier and thus not hit anything that stops that.

Yup. You'll be tempted to jump but just drifting in one of the closeby muddy areas will get you better chains.

deoee

If it's the right place in my mind:

There are two ponds next to each other with a fence around them.
Just drive there and jump around.

anddo0

Find a spot with lots the orange linked fence, drift to build up a decent multiplier, drive into the orange fences and you'll beat the challenge with time to spare.

HeliosT10

It baffles me how they can make such an amazing open world racer but can't fix things like this. I pre ordered the game, got no pre order bonus car as I was promised still to this day, VIP membership wasn't working the first two days so I missed out on hundreds of thousands of extra credits and now it stopped working again. Get your shit together Playground, I paid 80 pounds for this game.

I'm not even mentioning the horrible stuttering that makes the game feel like playing an online game with incredibly bad lag, the terrible performance in some parts and the constant crashes.

Hi,

Would you mind emailing me with your email address and gamertag please? I take it you are a PC player?

SliChillax

Is it normal for the Maserati barn find to take so long to restore? I already found another barn find after it and it got restored. Is this a bug?

Doikor

Is it normal for the Maserati barn find to take so long to restore? I already found another barn find after it and it got restored. Is this a bug?

You can pay a little bit of credits to restore it immediately if you want. The duration how long it takes seems to be quite random.

How the hell do you get the Hennesy Venom past 400?

I've backed up past the end of the runway, switched to manual so I'm redlining 5th... I'm snookered.

Iceman829

Playing with people from GAF is a nice experience. People actually try to drive clean. At least the people I have played with so far.

I think I killed everyone with my Warthog a few times.
No Brakes!

It seems like some take longer than others. I had a few where another barn find finished before the one I found earlier did. Maybe its there way of saying this car needed more work than others.

Unlocked clubs last night. Can I get the name (or an invite) for the GAF club?

Try searching GAF it might still be open to join. Just make sure your name is on the spreadsheet that has been posted so you aren't removed once it fills up.

Spasm

Groove music station needs a DJ. It'd be nice to be able to hear about barn finds and have skill songs while listening to you own music.

You can pay a little bit of credits to restore it immediately if you want. The duration how long it takes seems to be quite random.

heh. if by "a little" you mean over 2 million credits.. then sure :)

It is progressing, just more slowly than the other barn finds.

I just assumed it was more messed up than the others and/or harder to get parts for.

terrible

Banned
reliant02s6z.png

Not a good start. That was my first turn after getting this.

heh. if by "a little" you mean over 2 million credits.. then sure :)

It is progressing, just more slowly than the other barn finds.

I just assumed it was more messed up than the others and/or harder to get parts for.

Yeah I liked this little touch. The Maserati and second Ferrari took forever to restore, while I even had ones finish first that were discovered after them. I think the Reliant is one of the fastest to get.

Tecnniqe

Banned
:3 It's lonely at the top
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/forzahorizon39_26_201hnsah.png[/IMG]
I'm waiting to get wrecked, please be gentle.

This game tho
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/forzahorizon39_26_201issgo.png[/IMG]

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Damn, which PR stunts are easy for the Ford Raptor to 3-star? Seems like a rough achievement to unlock as the speed sucks, the airtime sucks, and drifting just sucks overall regardless of car.

Online is horrible and only consists of people doing 300MPH ramming you sideways in every turn.

I've received a nasty message from someone for "ramming" them into a corner. Meanwhile I was actually driving clean and some jackass rams me from behind and I wreck the other guy. Sometimes I take joy in targeting someone who rams people and pushing them off course.

How the hell did you get so much XP?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'd love for PG to put in a film grain filter for photomode, sometimes it needs a little noise.

1tetEH8.png

:3 It's lonely at the top
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/forzahorizon39_26_201hnsah.png[/IMG]
I'm waiting to get wrecked, please be gentle.

This game tho
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/forzahorizon39_26_201issgo.png[/IMG]

I'll catch you up. :p

I've received a nasty message from someone for "ramming" them into a corner. Meanwhile I was actually driving clean and some jackass rams me from behind and I wreck the other guy. Sometimes I take joy in targeting someone who rams people and pushing them off course.

Also didn't the "week" turn over yesterday, meaning he did that in a DAY???

desu

Damn, which PR stunts are easy for the Ford Raptor to 3-star? Seems like a rough achievement to unlock as the speed sucks, the airtime sucks, and drifting just sucks overall regardless of car.

First make sure to upgrade the thing right, auto upgrade sucks for it as it won't have max speed and acceleration (just check player setups if you're too lazy).

I did it at the following locations:
Byron’s Leap Danger Sign
Rainforest Reveal Danger Sign
Shipwreck Danger Sign
Central Yarra Speed Zone
+ Danger Sign at the plant in the desert

Last night, but with the right races and a few hours time thats easy to manage :). All down to boredom/time :).

I mean you can make like 500-600k in an hour with the long race, maybe Tecnniqe found an even better race.

Tecnniqe

Banned

XP Car really
I'll catch you up. :p
image.php

Yes, I believe so.

Sound on this Warthog is so, so good. Not sure why or who gifted it to me, but as a PC player I appreciate it since I never got mine the proper way :D
Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/forzahorizon39_26_201s8ss5.png[/IMG]

Top Bottom