• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

peteeM

So what car and race is everyone running to quickly get some level ups? Goliath Circuit I would assume? Not sure what car gives what boosts.

There are currently 3 cars with the XP boost:

Jaguar F-Type P7
Ford Mustang '69
Subaru SBZ

The Sub is tuned as a drift car though and the Jag is one class higher than the Mustang, so the Jag would be the best choice for getting XP since it's the fastest.

ChazGW7

Quick question: I just unlocked my third festival and my second festival is at lvl 3 but Byron Bay festival is still only lvl 2 and there are no other races there... Am I missing something or is that as high as it goes? Or am I not far enough in the game yet?

c2564c131a97c5eca9d51b0e604a0c00.png

RS4-

Quick question: I just unlocked my third festival and my second festival is at lvl 3 but Byron Bay festival is still only lvl 2 and there are no other races there... Am I missing something or is that as high as it goes? Or am I not far enough in the game yet?

Get more fans! Don't worry if a particular area doesn't have any more races, do races and get fans in the other areas; then level up the "dead" section, in your case Byron Bay. Then new ones will pop up.

Tecnniqe

Banned

Each Festival goes to rank 5 which unlocks new races each time you upgrade it. You need more fans to upgrade it. What I noticed is that when you upgrade you can select any of them to upgrade it seems so just go ahead and select that during the next upgrade.

Your festival sites unlock more races (and PR stunts) each time you level up the site. So, when you get that message to go upgrade a festival site, do it in an area you'd like to spend a little bit of time racing in. I made the mistake of leveling up the outback to 5 before touching the other sites, which dragged down the immense variety in the game a little bit. I'd recommend jumping from one to the other!

Do all the cars naturally pull to the right or do I have a problem with my controller? It's not a huge problem but it is something I have to constantly adjust for when trying to drive straight.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Do all the cars naturally pull to the right or do I have a problem with my controller? It's not a huge problem but it is something I have to constantly adjust for when trying to drive straight.

They shouldn't. A vehicle that's not AWD will pull as you hammer the pedal to one side but during normal driving it should not, at least that I noticed. Check the tire pressure maybe? Could be something messed up there?

TheRed

Do you have simulation damage turned on? I finally turned it off because it was getting too annoying for me in a game like this.

Just finished the final showcase and
to be honest, after pure bliss from the first race until the epic Goliath race of 10 minutes/lap, it kind of felt underwhelming. Definitely the least visceral of the 5 showcases, in my mind. I was hoping there'd be some massive showcase that might string all the vehicles you raced against together across the full map, but nah. That said...
One of the greatest experiences I've had playing on this generation. Still have a map full of races, 1 star PR stunts, a couple of barn finds and about 400 cars to photograph and can't wait to finish work to get back at it...

MattyG

Banned
So how well does custom playlist functionality work? Any major restrictions? Because I'm really looking forward to importing my Gambino/Kendrick playlist into the game.

These last four hours at work will be a major pain, I've got the game waiting for me at home and can't think about anything else. This late standard release has been painful.

So, who's all picking this as their GOTY? I'm just over 15 hours in and I think its mine.

The amount of things to do and to keep yourself busy with is incredible and I haven't even touched the online stuff yet!

It's pretty much perfect.

Do you have simulation damage turned on? I finally turned it off because it was getting too annoying for me in a game like this.

That was it. Had steering and damage set to simulation. Change them to normal for steering and cosmetic for damage and now the car will stay straight.

Tecnniqe

Banned
So, who's all picking this as their GOTY? I'm just over 15 hours in and I think its mine.

The amount of things to do and to keep yourself busy with is incredible and I haven't even touched the online stuff yet!

If you ask me it does have a progression issue and some minor stuff. I'm not sure if its the GOTY, but it's gonna be on the list for sure.

peteeM

Definitely a strong contender right now.
One of the best racing games I've ever played.

dedhead54

This is soooooo good. I picked my UE up Friday around lunch and let it install while I left town for a wedding. Got back yesterday and played about 5 hours straight and had to force myself to go to sleep. I'm just counting down the hours until work is over and I can get back to it. The cars all feel amazing to drive and I am enjoying the cross country races more than I did in FH2. Music selection is also much better and I find the world more interesting. Potential GOTY for me for sure.

Hats off to the developers. What an amazing serious they have turned Horizon in to.

Are the developers/microsoft aware of the Groove station stutter/skipping? Have they said anything about a fix?
The only time I get any stutter is as an event loads for a split second. Otherwise, it's been flawless for me over the weekend (just wish I could shuffle the playlist).

Anyone know if we can share playlists? Or do users have to build them themselves?

SimonM7

The only time I get any stutter is as an event loads for a split second. Otherwise, it's been flawless for me over the weekend (just wish I could shuffle the playlist).

Anyone know if we can share playlists? Or do users have to build them themselves?

Mine seems to repeat parts of songs, and I guess the stream gets all jumbled, because sometimes bits of a different song it played earlier will cut into the current song. That's with streaming mp3s from onedrive as opposed to music pass, though.

Mine seems to repeat parts of songs, and I guess the stream gets all jumbled, because sometimes bits of a different song it played earlier will cut into the current song. That's with streaming mp3s from onedrive as opposed to music pass, though.
...ah, I haven't done the streamed MP3 version yet, just the music pass. I'll give it a shot. It's amazing how much my own soundtrack adds to the game. I thought it was going to be a fun novelty for a night, but whereas I had music turned off for Forza Horizon 2 almost exclusively, I've been cranking the volume this weekend.

Grisby

This game is really good. I like that they added more side activities to the usual speed cam fare. Gotta love the danger signs.

Rocking a Gundam design Camero right now. So ludicrous.
The outback races are awesome!
Great. I just chose this as my next festival spot. Only 43% of people agreed with me though, lol.

rakanishu

Banned
Haha, I just ran the Goliath race in the BRZ and I ran out of gas just before the end of the first lap. It took me a while to figure out what really had happen. I didn't even know fuel consumption was in the game considering there aren't any races with pit stops.

ElNino

Haha, I just ran the Goliath race in the BRZ and I ran out of gas just before the end of the first lap. It took me a while to figure out what really had happen. I didn't even know fuel consumption was in the game considering there aren't any races with pit stops.
I believe that happens if you have simulation damage on.

How are people leveling up so fast?
Mainly, by playing lots and recruiting Drivatars that have good fanbases. If you're looking to really level up fast, you can run the Goliath Circuit in Byron Bay (I believe it unlocks at level 5 festival site). It's about a 10 minute race (and you can make a blueprint of it w/ more laps) and the first time I did it, I think I leveled up 3 complete times and earned a hefty amount of credits.

But yeah, good drivatars hired give each race a hefty bonus. The PR stunts are also VERY quick ways to earn fans which helps to unlock more and more races/Showcase events.

LoveCake

Mainly, by playing lots and recruiting Drivatars that have good fanbases. If you're looking to really level up fast, you can run the Goliath Circuit in Byron Bay (I believe it unlocks at level 5 festival site). It's about a 10 minute race (and you can make a blueprint of it w/ more laps) and the first time I did it, I think I leveled up 3 complete times and earned a hefty amount of credits.

But yeah, good drivatars hired give each race a hefty bonus. The PR stunts are also VERY quick ways to earn fans which helps to unlock more and more races/Showcase events.

Ok thanks, I will check that out.

desu

Is something different today? My wheelspins are so much better today. I got like 2-3 HE cars today and unlike the last 125 levels where I got shit like 75% of the time now I am getting just the good stuff.

Is something different today? My wheelspins are so much better today. I got like 2-3 HE cars today and unlike the last 125 levels where I got shit like 75% of the time now I am getting just the good stuff.

You stole my luck is what's happened lol

Fox Mulder

Thanks!

And yep, just cosmetic. No interest in sim damage in an arcade racer where the most fun is from tearing across the country side and running into shit.

I agree. I don't see the point of sim damage in this game when the AI doesn't get it in races. It offers more credits, but not that much more to matter to me.

neurophd

I agree. I don't see the point of sim damage in this game when the AI doesn't get it in races. It offers more credits, but not that much more to matter to me.

Oh, man. I didn't know that AI doesn't get damaged! I turned on in FH2 to force me to drive more carefully, but that is not a fair fight if AI doesn't have the same consequence.

rrs

Turned on sim handling, the cars felt so much better to drive somehow. I should however look into this more and see if something is up or turning it on awakened my Gran Turismo 2/3 skills
so if i put this on my xbox, is it possible for me to play on my PC on the account that bought it, and race against a friend who's account is also on my xbox? or will it not let you play the play anywhere title on your console and PC at once, even with a diff account?
the game can only be used at one device at a time, so nope.

so if i put this on my xbox, is it possible for me to play on my PC on the account that bought it, and race against a friend who's account is also on my xbox? or will it not let you play the play anywhere title on your console and PC at once, even with a diff account?

Haven't had much time to play unfortunately. I've gotten to the part where you unlock your second car (chose X6 M) when are you able to purchase cars? Am i still in the "tutorial?"

Top Bottom