• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

legbone

Lol grinding in a racing game.

did you never play gran turismo back in the day? lots of grinding going on. i remember people putting a rubber band on their controller to let the escudo run laps at the oval (can't remember the name of the track, test track maybe) while they slept.

edit: and i still grind in forza to get cars that i want. you have to calculate the time of the race against the credits given to figure out the best races to grind. i've spent hours grinding in forza and gran turismo.

Has anyone done a timelapse video of an entire day (or 2)? I remember a few from the first game that were cool, but I'd love to see the improved sky and clouds (day and night) as they move across the game's world.

legbone

Street races starting you at the back of the pack is infuriating, especially since you need wins to unlock the midnight battles.

not to mention they seem like they are much harder than the normal race. i suck so i had to put it down a difficulty level so i could win.

did anyone else go from f1 2016 to this? talk about a difference. forza horizon looks amazing and i know its an arcade racer really but it felt like i was driving a lead sled in my first car in horizon compared to the f1 cars. they are just so responsive and nimble. much like real life i guess.

SliChillax

It's such a cool and easy race. Ramp up the difficulty and lower the assists to squeeze as much XP as possible and have your car geared for high top speeds. I did it in F Type and was going 440kmh half of the time lol. I was level 106 before the race.
vvlNpmB.jpg

0racle

It's such a cool and easy race. Ramp up the difficulty and lower the assists to squeeze as much XP as possible and have your car geared for high top speeds. I did it in F Type and was going 440kmh half of the time lol. I was level 106 before the race.
vvlNpmB.jpg

WOAH what race was this? I have my third festival opened level 2

SliChillax

WOAH what race was this? I have my third festival opened level 2

Goliath circuit. It unlocks after you upgrade the Byron festival to level 5. It's located down in the beach. It's a long race 9-11 minutes but there's no traffic and there are almost no hard corners.

Seiniyta

So, just unlocked in Europe. I start the game, get to the optimizing part. Once that ends, the game closes itself. I try again, the game loads after pressing continue and then it just closes itself again.

Anyone has a workaround?

legbone

thank you for giving the complete name. i was trying to figure out "gc". google failed me (i actually failed but oh well). thank you so much for a good race to grind. there is always one in these games. i wonder if they do it on purpose.

Fox Mulder

did you never play gran turismo back in the day? lots of grinding going on. i remember people putting a rubber band on their controller to let the escudo run laps at the oval (can't remember the name of the track, test track maybe) while they slept.

edit: and i still grind in forza to get cars that i want. you have to calculate the time of the race against the credits given to figure out the best races to grind. i've spent hours grinding in forza and gran turismo.

Sure, but money in forza is eventually pointless with how much they throw at you. I've got like 30 million in forza 6 without grinding. I don't need to get everything immediately.

Laws00

UNDER 6 HOURS!!!

Its killing me

funny enough my enthusiasm has gone down for this game. I limited to playing the demo one time

the music/spundtrack is what is keeping me interested at this point

I know once the game comes out im going to be "OH MY GOD THIS IS FUCKING HOT/COOL!!"

J3ffro

Or - go to a leaderboard of some sort (speed camera ones work fine), highlight someone in the club on the board, and request to join their club.

That worked for me two days ago.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Its killing me

funny enough my enthusiasm has gone down for this game. I limited to playing the demo one time

the music/spundtrack is what is keeping me interested at this point

I know once the game comes out im going to be "OH MY GOD THIS IS FUCKING HOT/COOL!!"
Yea, I kinda feel like that, too. Feels like the game has already released and I'm just getting it late 😔

Certinty

Been playing this since Friday and all I'll say is this is one of the best games I've ever played, easily in my top 10 at least.

It's kind of sad that since it's a racing game it's going to get shafted for GOTY though. Oh well, Playground Games delivered a masterpiece and hopefully the game is at least a huge success sales wise.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Been playing this since Friday and all I'll say is this is one of the best games I've ever played, easily in my top 10 at least.

It's kind of sad that since it's a racing game it's going to get shafted for GOTY though. Oh well, Playground Games delivered a masterpiece and hopefully the game is at least a huge success sales wise.
If it even ends up on the shortlist for GOTY, as a racing game, that will be an impressive feat.

CaLe

So what time does this unlock at tonight for standard edition purchasers ? 12 PM EST ?

Thanks

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer. Apparently it's at 12.

w0s

Anyone know if something is wrong if under the title in windows 10 says manage but my gears of war one says play (obviously comes up and says it isn't out)?

Tecnniqe

Banned
I fought hard for this one vs another driver

ahwin4psz1.png

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/forzahorizon39_27_201rpsi7.png[/IMG]

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/forzahorizon39_27_201rfszz.png[/IMG]

JP

I keep thinking about buying this after playing the demo.

I'm in the UK and the price seems really high on the Xbox One. Where is the cheapest place to buy a code or points for this? Am I right in thinking that I can buy points from other regions to buy the game?

Has anyone gotten the PR Superstar achievement yet? I've done every PR stunt to 3 stars (and I've made sure that I've got them all discovered) but I'm only on 93%...

My Best Buy delivery came a day early. I put the disc in, ran 6 miles, took a shower, and it's still only 80% installed. I know people joke about Xbox install times, but this is ridiculous!

Haxxor

Hey ppl, a question about the dlc packs and preorder gift car, are they all suposed to be working now?

I got 2 dlc packs working sofar, vip cars and... another, but the name escapes me.

legbone

Sure, but money in forza is eventually pointless with how much they throw at you. I've got like 30 million in forza 6 without grinding. I don't need to get everything immediately.

fair enough, but i'm a huge ferrari fan (nissan too) and i always try and buy all of them in my forza games (vanilla and horizon). some of them are so damn expensive so i have to grind.

TheKeyPit

Banned

The thing is: I'm 99% sure that difficulty and assist settings only influence Credits, not XP.

----------------

I got a bit tired of the Jaguar HE car. I bought the Ford Mustang Boss 302 HE with XP Boost car for ~800k from the auction house and I'm very happy with it. Doing mostly Cross Country and Scramble races with it. It's a lot of fun.

Edit: +I'm giving every Horizon Edition car a gold touch :D

Top Bottom