• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Just thinking. This thread has reached 3301 posts, and that's basically only from Ultimate Edition owners (and of course the occasional hyped non-owner). 3301 posts is a lot of buzz and players for something that isn't even properly out until tomrrow.

This + a 91 Metacritic has got to mean good stuff for sales, right? I hope so because PG totally deserve it.

GAF club alone has what 270+ members already in-game? All people that have purchased the Ult and have played far enough to even unlock club joining in the game. Impressive

Anyone tried a Dualshock with this on PC? Does it work?

In my opinion, the rumble triggers on the Xbox one controllers add a lot to the experience. They're a great indicator for when you're losing traction and I don't think I'd be as good at this game without them. I never played the original horizon on 360 so I have no idea how it feels without them though so take my opinion with a grain of salt.

Anyone fancy some online?

Need to see if I got my mic working. Up for playing anything, free roam, races or whatever. I have no clue what I'm doing with the Xbox PC online stuff though!

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Just thinking. This thread has reached 3301 posts, and that's basically only from Ultimate Edition owners (and of course the occasional hyped non-owner). 3301 posts is a lot of buzz and players for something that isn't even properly out until tomrrow.

This + a 91 Metacritic has got to mean good stuff for sales, right? I hope so because PG totally deserve it.

I keep saying, I got my disc copy on Saturday!! No ultimate edition here!!

TheRed

Anyone tried a Dualshock with this on PC? Does it work?
Works well without using DS4 windows. Just connect to PC. I switched to xbox one controller for the impulse triggers which are really cool in Forza. For the first 5 hours I played though I had no issues with the DS4 on PC.

KRaZyAmmo

Works well without using DS4 windows. Just connect to PC. I switched to xbox one controller for the impulse triggers which are really cool in Forza. For the first 5 hours I played though I had no issues with the DS4 on PC.
I thought the anniversary update blocked the ps4 from being used.

Tecnniqe

Banned
I made good progress today;
forzahorizon39_26_201gjs0h.png

Slow-in-fast-out applies to off-roading as much as circuit racing. Take some of those turns slower and beat the AI when accelerating out of the turn. Then look for lines that keep you stable, avoid the rocks, those gods damned rocks, and maybe even dab the brakes before some of the jumps - you're faster with your wheels on the road then in the air.

The off-road events can be very tough, and they requires more concentration and quick responses, but it feels so damn good to nail them. I run without rewinds so I've had plenty of practice now ;p

Personal favorites for these events are the Ariel Nomad and the kitted up Subaru, but I just got the Warthog, so will have to see how that puppy changes things.

+1 for the Subaru. The 2002 WRX STi is butter off-road.

jediyoshi

I thought the anniversary update blocked the ps4 from being used.

That was never the case. It specifically affected xinput wrappers' ability to hide your DS4 from showing up (which has since been worked around again). If you're not sure what that applies to, it probably didn't affect you.

Are the pre order cars like the R8 V10+ only available through the pre order program or can you unlock them later in game?

I believe that they're all available to purchase using credits. I could be wrong though. I'd have to double check when I get home. You can always get the one you want in the auction house though. Plenty of people auctioning off their preorder bonuses.

eek5

Damn, to buy this with GCU or go digitally for X1...

(I do have a W10 PC with okay graphics (1440p 60fps at low))

Digital for sure. The transition is so seamless switching back and forth. Although I guess if you want to get it cheaper the game runs very well on xbox so you can't really lose.

This is one of the games you want to always be available for launching though so I'd probably go digital even if there wasn't a PC version.

bubu

If I buy Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition Xbox One / PC , can i download and play on both pc and xbox or do i have to redeem the code on just one of them and its locked to that system?

Digital for sure. The transition is so seamless switching back and forth. Although I guess if you want to get it cheaper the game runs very well on xbox so you can't really lose.

This is one of the games you want to always be available for launching though so I'd probably go digital even if there wasn't a PC version.

Yeah I got it digitally

Tecnniqe

Banned
How to single handedly rank your club up lol. If you break 10M xp this week I'll be impressed.

I made 4.5M today, I can do 10M this week ezpz (700k~hour) but seems rather samey so I probably won't. Great fun tho, feel like it made me a better driver due to rain and high speed/sharp turns.

Not salty, but you left the glorious ramming races for this :(

l_11129_How-to-fix-a-dish-with-too-much-salt.jpg

Holy shit! I spent most of my weekend on this game and I think I'm "only" in the 40s.

KwonWhoops.gif

eek5

If I buy Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition Xbox One / PC , can i download and play on both pc and xbox or do i have to redeem the code on just one of them and its locked to that system?

If you get the digital version you can install on both. You can not play on both at the same time but you can play on both systems. I've been switching back and forth.

Vuze

You have access to both versions with the account that you redeem the code to. Digital code = PC + Xbox

gibbsy24

Street races starting you at the back of the pack is infuriating, especially since you need wins to unlock the midnight battles.

Patrick S.

Banned
Got this from the Singapore store.

I was a bit scared of the process, I was afraid I'd buy those gift cards and might end up being stuck without being able to use them because of some regional lockout, but all went smoothly. I'm also glad that I could buy one card with 20 Singaporean monetary units and one with 50, and with the game costing 69,99 Singapore moneys I didn't end up with five Euros worth of credit I'll never use going to waste (Bioware points, anyone?).

The download is running nicely, too, so if nothing major happens I'll be playing in a few minutes, yay :)

Top Bottom