• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

SimonM7

...ah, I haven't done the streamed MP3 version yet, just the music pass. I'll give it a shot. It's amazing how much my own soundtrack adds to the game. I thought it was going to be a fun novelty for a night, but whereas I had music turned off for Forza Horizon 2 almost exclusively, I've been cranking the volume this weekend.

My musical taste aligns fairly well with Bass Arena and Pulse, so I'm mostly fine as is, but I've always wanted to cruise at night to Warpaint's "Drive".

so if i put this on my xbox, is it possible for me to play on my PC on the account that bought it, and race against a friend who's account is also on my xbox? or will it not let you play the play anywhere title on your console and PC at once, even with a diff account?

Yes, you can play it on a PC + Xbox or Xbox + Xbox. When playing on PC, the Xbox has to be set to your Home console.

peteeM

In case anyone has trouble finding the barns in the marked areas (like me).
Just found out you can go into Drone Mode and scout for it, it will get marked on your map.

Yes, you can play it on a PC + Xbox or Xbox + Xbox. When playing on PC, the Xbox has to be set to your Home console.

Cool, despite some conflicting posts. Tried it?

Also how does home console work with 360 and xb1? Can you set one of each to be your home console? Or does setting an xb1 get rid of the 360's 'home' setting?

Cool, despite some conflicting posts. Tried it?

Also how does home console work with 360 and xb1? Can you set one of each to be your home console? Or does setting an xb1 get rid of the 360's 'home' setting?

Yes. I'm playing this set up right now.

I'm pretty sure the XB1 Home setting is independent of any 360 setting.

Alright, which one of you fired me from their festival? I'm crushed.

Lol. Wasn't me. I've been hoping to get you.

Oh, man. I didn't know that AI doesn't get damaged! I turned on in FH2 to force me to drive more carefully, but that is not a fair fight if AI doesn't have the same consequence.

In FH2, while I normally played with damage on, I would always turn it off while doing races that are off road for precisely this reason. My vehicle would suffer after doing all those jumps and landings while the AI was still going perfect.

It's the same with this game but I primarily just play without it off now. Can't give the AI any additional advantages. I already have to turn the settings way down from what I'm used to just to be competitive.

In FH2 I could run every race on Expert and some on Unbeatable. Now it's Highly Skilled or Pro. And then it's an all or nothing. It's taking some of the fun out to be honest. Bleh.

The playground games (pun intended) they given us is so great though I keep wanting to go back for more. Much better than FH2 in it's atmosphere and scenery. Brought back more of the FH1 vibe I was wanting.

Vuze

I'm not getting any achievements on the windows 10 version, is this normal?
Achievements on Win10 are bugged for me. Might be the case for you too.
I had a Minecraft achievement pop up when I opened the XBox app a few days ago but I last played the game like... one or two months back.

SliChillax

I've never heard myself swear so much. These drift events are so infuriating because there's always a drivatar interrupting my drift by hitting me. I finally almost hit 80,000 points to achieve 3 stars and I was so close to the finish but then the game crashed. I need a break.

eek5

I'm not getting any achievements on the windows 10 version, is this normal?

They don't pop up in any UI. Are you not getting them though? I was playing on PC while installing on Xbox the other day and I would see achievement popups on the xbox when I unlocked them but nothing from PC lol

rrs

I've never heard myself swear so much. These drift events are so infuriating because there's always a drivatar interrupting my drift by hitting me. I finally almost hit 80,000 points to achieve 3 stars and I was so close to the finish but then the game crashed. I need a break.
drivatar driving down the middle of the middle of the road is the bane of my existance

They don't pop up in any UI. Are you not getting them though? I was playing on PC while installing on Xbox the other day and I would see achievement popups on the xbox when I unlocked them but nothing from PC lol

I think they pop up in the Xbox app. They do for me at least.

All pre-loaded and ready to go on both Xbox and PC! Let's do this!

Feel free to add me guys, I'm far from a Forza Pro, so don't expect too much haha.

GT: BlastoTheHanar

I suck at drifting in all driving games except for Ridge Racer.. I hate any sort of drifting event.

ekim

achievements are displayed through notification thing win10 does
Yeah, you get a notice showing how much your drivitar raced, the cash it made, and how many people hired you daily/whenever you start up the game

I get a message in the social menu where it tells me how much my drivatar earned but I don't get any notificion when I start the game. :(

And is there a central place where I can look up the records and Highscores like roads discovered etc compared to other friends and club members ?

Nope :( I have the xbox app open on my second monitor and it's still saying 0 achievements

I'm getting them.

But my Forza Hub is glitched and only shows achiev points for FH3 and none of the other stats.
Hmm I haven't checked the Forza hub yet, going to give it a look now.

Achievements on Win10 are bugged for me. Might be the case for you too.
I had a Minecraft achievement pop up when I opened the XBox app a few days ago but I last played the game like... one or two months back.

Sounds like I could have this bug :(

U2NUMB

So anyone know a way to force a shuffle of a groove playlist? That so far is my one big complaint with how it is currently used in the game..

Klocker

Maybe I'm being an idiot but I'm level 2 at Byron Bay and level 2 at Paradise and Paradise has a ton of events with fans to do and Byron Bay has no events with fans.. how do I upgrade Byron Bay it looks like it's stuck

What level do I need to be before I can unlock clubs? Need to get in on the forzaGAF.
I got it after unlocking the third Hub and upgrading it once.

So anyone know a way to force a shuffle of a groove playlist? That so far is my one big complaint with how it is currently used in the game..
Haven't seen any options, but I would recommend backgrounding the Groove app rather than using the in-game channel. You don't get your music pumping out of the in-world speakers, and some events switch to a particular channel or song, which you then have to turn off, but it runs MUCH better (in-game Groove freaks out way too often), you can shuffle, its quicker to change the volume via the Xbox quick menu, and you get to listen to your music even when in the menus, which are usually dead silent otherwise.

0racle

Man,

I just got to the outback and of course, its mostly off roading racing and im frustrated beyond believe. What is with the physics ? every turn with my wheel makes me oversteer like crazy. rewinding every corner.

Noobcraft

Man,

I just got to the outback and of course, its mostly off roading racing and im frustrated beyond believe. What is with the physics ? every turn with my wheel makes me oversteer like crazy. rewinding every corner.
Find an AWD car with a soft suspension. Or just power through all the events in the Warthog.

eek5

Man,

Are you on simulation steering? I had to turn that off because it was making my car uncontrollable

GHG

Man,

Time to get involved with the rally hero cars.

I decided against unlocking the outback because i suspected it would just be offroad races which are always hit and miss.

Man,

Slow-in-fast-out applies to off-roading as much as circuit racing. Take some of those turns slower and beat the AI when accelerating out of the turn. Then look for lines that keep you stable, avoid the rocks, those gods damned rocks, and maybe even dab the brakes before some of the jumps - you're faster with your wheels on the road then in the air.

The off-road events can be very tough, and they requires more concentration and quick responses, but it feels so damn good to nail them. I run without rewinds so I've had plenty of practice now ;p

Personal favorites for these events are the Ariel Nomad and the kitted up Subaru, but I just got the Warthog, so will have to see how that puppy changes things.

ekim

RE: Achievements on W10
I never got a notification but the achievements unlocked for me after checking the smartglass app on my phone.

Just thinking. This thread has reached 3301 posts, and that's basically only from Ultimate Edition owners (and of course the occasional hyped non-owner). 3301 posts is a lot of buzz and players for something that isn't even properly out until tomrrow.

This + a 91 Metacritic has got to mean good stuff for sales, right? I hope so because PG totally deserve it.

Just thinking. This thread has reached 3301 posts, and that's basically only from Ultimate Edition owners (and of course the occasional hyped non-owner). 3301 posts is a lot of buzz and players for something that isn't even properly out until tomrrow.

This + a 91 Metacritic has got to mean good stuff for sales, right? I hope so because PG totally deserve it.

I don't think you're going to see much of an uptick in activity tomorrow. I think MS found a pretty surefire way to get like 80% of a game's userbase to spend another $40 on it.

Top Bottom