• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon |OT| A Whole New Playground

HeliosT10

Here's a few photos I've recently taken :) I'm not the best photographer, but it's so much fun just playing about in photomode.

8099753947_ee3485aee5_c.jpg

8099760474_4c4cff5afb_c.jpg

8099760552_7499bec2e3_c.jpg

8099753879_7edf9f14a5_c.jpg

8099760256_44e99007dc_c.jpg

I see that matte paint is finally in. right?
can you guys do a matte black and a matte white, on whatever car you like?

This is probably one of the things I am most excited about! It is about time we got that option!

And I have updated the OP with the DLC info.

hwy_61

Banned
So, I picked up one of these last night, but haven't had a chance to try it out. So far, I can say the build quality is solid. Love the way it feels in my hands. I'll post some impressions after work tonight.

Do you think they'll deliver on the 23rd? It doesn't say so on their store.

Nope. I'd only advise buying directly from Microsoft if you dont need the game right away. Their pricing for 1 and 2 day shipping are akin to robbery, which basically makes the only real option 3-7 day shipping for free. Microsoft doesnt appear to be able to get the simple things right. They have great deals on games, and then make you waste all the savings you were getting by overpricing the shipping.

So, I picked up one of these last night, but haven't had a chance to try it out. So far, I can say the build quality is solid. Love the way it feels in my hands. I'll post some impressions after work tonight.

How was this wheel for FM4? I had seen it at BBY when FM4 came out, but never got the chance to test it out.

Does this help at all?

Forza Horizon LCE:

Month 1 Car Pack
VIP Car Pack
LCE Livery Car Pack

Season Pass:

Rally Expansion Pack
Month 1 Car Pack
Six Monthly DLC (November – April)
Five Season Pass Bonus Cars (one per month, November -- March)

The Month 1 Car Pack was the one revealed yesterday and contains the following cars:

2012 Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione

2012 Gumpert Apollo Enraged

2012 Alfa Romeo 8C Spider

2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302

2012 Lamborghini Aventador J

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

Details for the VIP car pack and other extras you get for ordering the limited collector's edition can be found in the link below:

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Forza_Horizon_VIP_Cars/

Sorry for the stupid question, but is the LCE livery car pack, an actual car pack ( with cars that aren't in the standard version ) or are they just some exclusive liveries for existing cars that are in the game? In a post on forzamotorsport.net I read that a member (F4H bandicoot ) was talking about 5 exclusive livery cars. I'm probably making a mistake here, but 5 livery cars, seems something different than 5 liveries for cars that are in the game.

Sorry for the stupid question, but is the LCE livery car pack, an actual car pack ( with cars that aren't in the standard version ) or are they just some exclusive liveries for existing cars that are in the game? In a post on forzamotorsport.net I read that a member (F4H bandicoot ) was talking about 5 exclusive livery cars. I'm probably making a mistake here, but 5 livery cars, seems something different than 5 liveries for cars that are in the game.

I am guessing that it is similar to Forza 4. They are existing cars in the game, but these cars with the liveries are only available to LCE owners.

I am guessing that it is similar to Forza 4. They are existing cars in the game, but these cars with the liveries are only available to LCE owners.

Exactly what I was thinking,but Mechberg T10 is also talking about a car pack. If there really is a third 'livery carpack' in the game ( besides the month 1dlc and vip carpack ), I might buy the LCE afterall. Maybe Helios has more info on this.

Gek54

Is the Microsoft Store not participating in the pre-order offer where you get a code for Forza 4 for the Dodge Challenger with the Horizon Livery?

v0mitg0d

https://twitter.com/heymarkd/status/258955329763672066/photo/1

So the review kit arrived from Microsoft yesterday and here's a pic for the curious.

I played the game for only 2 hours but so far my impressions are good--really good. Here are some notes:

• The feel of the drive is perfectly balanced like all Forza games but with a touch of arcade.
  • The sounds and rumbles are great, but the music (of course completely subjective) is rather bland with only a few greats.
  • It's not really open world per se but more open road with some open world elements.
  • The challenges are varied in objective, so far are varied in skill requirement and ultimately fun!
  • The fast travel stations unlock as you discover them. Once you do this you can drive up to them and run through 3 challenges that reduce the cost of (fast) traveling to them. Once all 3 are completed the fee is completely removed.
  • The graphics are great. I love the warm, breezy tones of the color palette.
  • The interface is fast and clean.
  • Load times are a tad long when restarting events, but nothing too serious. (indeed I have it installed to HDD)

Does anyone have any questions or things they want me to check?

hwy_61

Banned
Feel like this is a dumb question, but then again which isn't to at least one person:

Can I pay for the season pass with MS points?

it's a good wireless wheel, fun to use.

DJ_Lae

For some reason I'm really tempted to buy the limited edition for the included cars and because I've bought the LE/CEs of the previous three Forza games (I don't think Forza 1 had a special edition).

But I have my Horizon preorder for $40, and the LE is $80CDN. Jumping forty bucks is insane.

ElNino

For some reason I'm really tempted to buy the limited edition for the included cars and because I've bought the LE/CEs of the previous three Forza games (I don't think Forza 1 had a special edition).

But I have my Horizon preorder for $40, and the LE is $80CDN. Jumping forty bucks is insane.
Same story for me. I've bought all of the previous Forza LE editions, but the difference in price is too much for this one. I'd like some of the cars from the LE but I guess I will just have to wait until they are released for everyone in a few months.

Coldsnap

Is there any race wheel that -

A) Doesn't need a desk, can be in my lap on the couch.

B) Doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

C) Easy to store

D) Won't make me feel like a crazy person.

Playing the demo again I am noticing a huge lack of wheel arch shadow casting on the wheels, makes the cars look a little fake in places especially the show room, with floodlights above the car the wheels should show signs of shadowing from the car bodywork.

fix that shit guerrilla

Excellent job with the OP, Shortt. I'm impressed!
Thanks man! Are we gonna see you tearing up the Rivals in Horizon?

:D

C) Easy to store

I would suggest the MS Speed Wheel. It is a great price, small and is a blast to use. It takes a bit to get used to, but once you do it is fantastic.

Coldsnap

I would suggest the MS Speed Wheel. It is a great price, small and is a blast to use. It takes a bit to get used to, but once you do it is fantastic.

Isn't that more for fun though? I'm looking to get into the simulation aspect. Also physically holding up a wheel in front of me doesn't sound good.

Fox Mulder

C) Easy to store

Pretty much the ms wireless wheel. It's like $30 now and is basically built for forza. I originally thought it would be stupid and like playing with the mario kart wii wheel, but it works pretty well.

Isn't that more for fun though? I'm looking to get into the simulation aspect. Also physically holding up a wheel in front of me doesn't sound good.

Yeah, it is definitely more for fun. It does feel really good though, but not quite there if you are looking for the "sim" experience. If you want that, I am afraid there are very few options. You could try to find the discontinued MS Wheel or pay the crazy $$ for a Fanatec. I don't think there are any other decent options.

Coldsnap

How is playing manual with clutch with the wireless wheel like? I've been playing like that and in cockpit mode for the demo.

That old microsoft wheel looks pretty sweet, seems to be even curved a bit on the bottom for a lap.

Arucardo

How is playing manual with clutch with the wireless wheel like? I've been playing like that and in cockpit mode for the demo.

That old microsoft wheel looks pretty sweet, seems to be even curved a bit on the bottom for a lap.

Yeah the MS wheel is made for playing on the lap if you just take off the table clamp but I really can't recommend it, it'll feel terrible.

kazinova

Pretty much the ms wireless wheel. It's like $30 now and is basically built for forza. I originally thought it would be stupid and like playing with the mario kart wii wheel, but it works pretty well.

I suggest the speed wheel, I was using it to put down better times than everyone in my car club in FM4, some of whom had fancy Logitech and Fanatec wheel setups. it's not perfect but the MS Speed Wheel will let you get better at sim racing without the investment of hundreds of bucks and a wheel stand.

Top Bottom