• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Gowans

Were going to have to put together a gaf gamer tag group for some online get togethers.

If Jubes redoing the car/track list in hoping he puts a key next to them for disc 2, dlc, VIP etc.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Excellent OP as always. Maybe throw in some of m0dus's Forza3 designs as well?

m0dus said:
Here are my earlier FM3 pics, resized with GiMP:

2h3dhug.png

14jat6b.png

28k20ew.png

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
while the opening post is awesome, i really dont understand the rational for people to put in such work to post at a forum. i guess you got "paid" by getting the game early though, so maybe in this case, the work was worth it. (i'm jealous) :D

Chinner

Banned
op_ivy said:
while the opening post is awesome, i really dont understand the rational for people to put in such work to post at a forum. i guess you got "paid" by getting the game early though, so maybe in this case, the work was worth it. (i'm jealous) :D
so if i pm bioware and tell them im maker the gaf me2 thrad will they send me ME2 early!?!?!?

I don't understand game reviews sometimes. Here's a quote, from GamePro:

GamePro said:
Forza Motorsport 3 isn't exactly a leap for the series. The incredible realism of Forza's physics, car mechanics and driving simulation, especially when it comes to the slippery, hard-to-control upper-class cars, is going to bore arcade racers or casual drivers.

Excuse me for stating the obvious, but Forza (and Grand Turismo, for that matter) are not designed for arcade and casual racers in mind. They are simulation racers. I don't go to a horror flick and complain it was "too scary" for the family-friendly crowd. It just doesn't make sense.

TheKurgan

Holy shit Jube3 - great OP. This game will be epic!

I am actually more excited to see what Jube3 and m0dus will make in this game than actually driving cars. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot credits on their art.

XiaNaphryz

Also, the prices for the Fanatec wheel in the OP are no longer accurate as they were significantly cheaper for early preorders and have steadily gone up closer to "regular" pricing as release nears. It's now $250/$330/$480, and the latter two models will go up in price again by $20 sometime soon I believe.

Also, the livery editor text description is a repeat of an early section.

saladine1

Hmmm, apparently some of us Aussies have gotten their grubby little mitts on the game today through a 'mix up'.
Instead of the 23rd, this retailer has suggested the 10th as the launch date.
Anyway, i'm going in tomorrow to pick me up some FM3 lovin'.

Sometimes, it's good to be an Aussie.....

sneaky77

XiaNaphryz said:
Also, the prices for the Fanatec wheel in the OP are no longer accurate as they were significantly cheaper for early preorders and have steadily gone up closer to "regular" pricing as release nears. It's now $250/$330/$480, and the latter two models will go up in price again by $20 sometime soon I believe.

Also, the livery editor text description is a repeat of an early section.

the cheapest one has no pedals though, if I read it right, so is really $300

I'll regurgitate what others have said, Great great great OP. As a professional graphic designer, I can say this is A+ work. Again great job Jube!

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Haunted said:
I like what Turn 10 has done with the second disc. Install and forget is a good way to get around the DVD limit.

Everyone laughed at me at the beginning of this gen when I said this would be the eventual solution to get around DVD limits/disc swapping. I feel vindicated. I'm also making a prediction here and now that the next GTA will follow this path. Rockstar said after GTAIV that DVD limits were starting to become a problem but they 'have worked with Microsoft and found a solution for the next installment.'

Rad Agast

saladine1 said:
Hmmm, apparently some of us Aussies have gotten their grubby little mitts on the game today through a 'mix up'.
Instead of the 23rd, this retailer has suggested the 10th as the launch date.
Anyway, i'm going in tomorrow to pick me up some FM3 lovin'.

Sometimes, it's good to be an Aussie.....

Heheh, this reminds me of Forza 2's early release in the Czech Republic.

p3tran

Banned
ok guys, the insidesimracing view on forza 3 is not out yet, but coming from the dude himself some sneak impressions:

Darin Gangi said:
We're that excited about Forza 3, especially with the Fanatec wheel.> It's amazing !

Here's one tid bit from our review that should be up tonight..

F3 has the best modeled clutch and transmission that we have tested.. Better than Netkar, iRacing or any other sim for that matter.

Also an F3 car is in Top Sim Cars and scored VERY well !

icon_e_biggrin.gif

looking forward to what the dudes have to say, since they've put already some time in it

Agreed, the ISR guys were gushing over the game at E3, and without the benefit of that amazing triple-screen hydraulic rig, I want to know how their impressions have carried over to the retail version. They seem quite positive on it so far, though.

I'm actually getting a little excited for the release. :lol

I'm not a big racing fan but after playing the demo, I wouldn't mind giving it a go. For some reason though, I've bought Forza and Forza 2 on release day and I just don't put in a lot of time to the game. Hopefully I'll stick around longer this time.

The loading times are really bad for me though. I don't see them mentioned much but I replay the same race over and over again with the same car because I just don't want to have to sit through 2 loads that take awhile. Just my 360?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Haunted said:
Have it pre-ordered and paid in full. :D
That's not a good thing.

<3s UK retail not charging until delivery.

Anyway, the OP has exploded since I left work, great job Jube!

Reading the GamePro article made me happy, accessibility is great and all, but are the casual crowd even going to bother getting to the harder tiers of the game? No, they'll be tempted by the next pretty thing that comes their way.

I know Turn10/MGS wants to sell to a broad an audience as possible, but as long as there is a snarling, nasty, HARD racer lying underneath the casual bollocks and fluff, I will be a happy kitty.

Hmm, maybe I need to get back to Forza 2 to get some practice in, hopefully my VIPness may get me to smoke a certain Community Manager on the track, so i need to make sure I know what I am doing!

saladine1

What has me baffled is the fact that LOTS of people believe the physics have been 'dumbed' down somewhat and yet we have the ISR guys practically praising it!

OMFG!

Is that 2000 Pontiac Trans Am true? Holy fuck that is the car I've been waiting for in these racing games for the longest fucking time! They never ever include it. I love you Turn 10. :D

The game comes out on my birthday so that Trans Am feels like a birthday present. :lol

p3tran

Banned
saladine1 said:
What has me baffled is the fact that LOTS of people believe the physics have been 'dumbed' down somewhat and yet we have the ISR guys practically praising it!

only an ignorant on this type of games can say that. or a stupid troll. no other possibility.
I challenge ANYBODY to play forza3 demo & forza2 full back-to-back.

XiaNaphryz

Psychotext said:
What the guys say at ISR is more interesting to me than what any other reviewer has had to say on it so far.
Another interesting tidbit from them:

Here's the deal guys.. Fanatec was working closely with Turn 10 / Microsoft on this wheel.. Microsoft directly wanted specific changes, for instance to the X button and how it lit up. Microsoft also made some killer suggestions to enhance the wheel... drift mode and the ability to adjust when the wheel vibrates for an ABS setting..The drift mode was essential as it took away some of the dampening, which in my opinion was too strong.

I think those came from either Microsoft or an EA developer.

So.. the wait will be worth it and the wheel will be that much better. I received two wheel from the last batch (Series 4) and it's awesome with Forza 3 ..

The 6 speed and clutch in Forza 3 is second to none and what other wheel can you do that with ??

Darin Gangi
Executive Producer
InsideSimRacing

Top Bottom