• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Keikoku

Banned
Focus WRC :

2dbjuk1.jpg

Awesome.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Gots it tonight!

2is6omw.jpg

The V8's in Forza 3 have a few issues, the handling is all of and they float basically (talking NFS Shift levels here). The engine noises are off too and aren't as raw (cough cough, rumble rumble, backfire splatter etc) as the real thing. Also on the Ring they can't reach 300km/h which they can at Bathurst so the entire speed of them is off.

(Also small nitpick, the dash is in MPH, they would be in KMPH).

Patch plz.

Other then that, good >_>

edit: Tinkered with the tuning and got it driving better and above 300. That's better. Ignore my post.

Muerte_X

Jonsoncao said:
amazon is selling this game for $54.99 with $10 gift card and release day delivery if you are a prime member :D

Damn, I still have my free trial of prime from when I got Uncharted 2 and brutal legend. :D

With the $15 credit from those two games, it comes out to 39.99, so awesome. I wish the ECA codes were still working. I had considered the LE version, but it would end up costing twice as much, I can't bring myself to do that, lol.

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
omg this game needs bathurst, the 'normal' cars can't handle the V8's :D

I swear I'll get to the normal game soon :p

m0dus said:
I actually posted 2 complete livery sets for that on my storefront, if you want it (racing and drifting) ;-)
Ah cool, I'll have a search when I get home from work.
VOOK said:
How do you get the GAF tag?
Jube3 had it in his storefront, nicely for free so I could apply it right away :D

ryencool

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/Forza3/

Not being able to set up PUBLIC games with customized settings is a slap in the face not only to us Simulation fans, but the entire Forza community.

Ok, we probably aren't going to change the game. The amount of code that they would need to change from Matchmaking to Custom servers just isn't possible in a patch. However we can voice how upset we are as consumers. Personally, i have not complained about anyhting in Forza 3. Not about certain cars not being in, visible aero parts, unrealistic drag racing etc..Its a game and I will enjoy it. However non customizable rooms is going to ruin that enjoyment. Its as simple as that. I will still buy the game, Im sure I will still have fun with it. I jsut wont have as much fun as I previously had with the other two games. So to sign this petition it will ask you to create an account, or sign in with twitter. Creating an account takes 5 seconds. I would sign with your full name and in the notes your gamer tag.

That is all, Thanks!

eso76

aberckmans said:
The trouble is that they only told me that it'll be delivered in November, not very precise... Any idea from any of you who already have one as to when I can expect it to arrive?

Currently no one has one, except a few beta testers.
There's people who ordered the wheel in January still waiting for their 911 to be delivered :D

Fanatec has finally sent the first batch -those ordered before june- on tuesday, though and people should start getting their wheels on monday.
Second batch is being built right now and should start being dispatched next week, but those will be sent by boat from China (i wonder what happened to fine Germaneering ?) and God knows how long that will take.

Actually, do any of you have an idea how long it takes China to Europe by boat ?

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
ryencool said:

Not being able to set up PUBLIC games with customized settings is a slap in the face not only to us Simulation fans, but the entire Forza community.

I actually hate the idea of customizable public games. I don't want to spend time searching for a game only to find some douche who implements stupid rules and launches the game right away. Or to find a room with some douche who customizes the settings for 20 minutes before launching (hello Rainbow Six Vegas!).

If I want to fuck around I'll do it in a private game, thank you very much.

ElNino

ryencool said:
I'm not surprised by these responses (the same thing has happened before with other games)... but I can't say I agree with them.

I played in a few leagues in Forza 2 and we setup all of our races in Private lobbies, which are of course still available. However, when I wanted to just race randoms I typically ran into the same issues found in many other hosted, server list setups... host kicking people who are winning, always racing the same tracks and cars, rooms being full by the time you try to join and having to start the search again, etc.

While I appreciate that some people prefer the public custom room approach, I find that they too often end up being worthless for people who just want to jump into a race or two (which is very likely the majority). My 2 cents.

acm2000

ryencool said:

Ok, we probably aren't going to change the game. The amount of code that they would need to change from Matchmaking to Custom servers just isn't possible in a patch. However we can voice how upset we are as consumers. Personally, i have not complained about anyhting in Forza 3. Not about certain cars not being in, visible aero parts, unrealistic drag racing etc..Its a game and I will enjoy it. However non customizable rooms is going to ruin that enjoyment. Its as simple as that. I will still buy the game, Im sure I will still have fun with it. I jsut wont have as much fun as I previously had with the other two games. So to sign this petition it will ask you to create an account, or sign in with twitter. Creating an account takes 5 seconds. I would sign with your full name and in the notes your gamer tag.

That is all, Thanks!

:lol petitions, say hello to bantime

ryencool

If you don't want to search through the servers, then you can always hit quick race. Read what was written before you respond. Bantime? uh oh I cant post on Neogaf, life ender for sure.

Its a civil way for Turn 10 to see that some people are upset. if you dont want to sign it, then dont. Simple.

See ya on the tracks, maybe...

RSTEIN said:
I actually hate the idea of customizable public games. I don't want to spend time searching for a game only to find some douche who implements stupid rules and launches the game right away. Or to find a room with some douche who customizes the settings for 20 minutes before launching (hello Rainbow Six Vegas!).

If I want to fuck around I'll do it in a private game, thank you very much.
I can't say as I don't own the game yet but if the matchmaking could allow for a hardcore play list (no abs, no racing line, no tcs and full sim damage) I would not complain. I did not host that often in forza 2 but I like how the host can set a match up to stop people using a few aids or the damn racing line.

It reminds me a lot of ODST's firefight, invite only is bullshit.

acm2000

ryencool said:
If you don't want to search through the servers, then you can always hit quick race. Read what was written before you respond. Bantime? uh oh I cant post on Neogaf, life ender for sure.

Its a civil way for Turn 10 to see that some people are upset. if you dont want to sign it, then dont. Simple.

See ya on the tracks, maybe...

pathetic internet petitions dont go down well here :p

RSTEIN

Diablohead said:
I can't say as I don't own the game yet but if the matchmaking could allow for a hardcore play list (no abs, no racing line, no tcs and full sim damage) I would not complain. I did not host that often in forza 2 but I like how the host can set a match up to stop people using a few aids or the damn racing line.

It reminds me a lot of ODST's firefight, invite only is bullshit.

wait. Before I ran my mouth off I should have inquired about how it currently is set up considering I don't have the game :lol

ryencool

RSTEIN said:
wait. Before I ran my mouth off I should have inquired about how it currently is set up considering I don't have the game :lol

there will be games setup like this in the Hoppers, however you dont get to choose them. You get to select class, and type of race ( drag, circuit etc..) and then you get whatever Turn10 wants to give you after that. Could be Cat and Mouse, could be trucks only, could be people who want to drift. So after build your A class supra for your favorite track, it might take ya 30 minutes or so to get into a room with the settings you want.

amar212

ryencool said:

... That is all, Thanks!

I have to say I agree with this guy because giving just ONE NEW OPTION - Hardcore Public - would solve so many problems for many drivers.

It worked as magic in COD4, Hardcore is still the most playable mode, 2 years after game was published.

FM3 Public Hardcore all the way, you have my NeoGaf vote here.

ryencool said:
there will be games setup like this in the Hoppers, however you dont get to choose them. You get to select class, and type of race ( drag, circuit etc..) and then you get whatever Turn10 wants to give you after that. Could be Cat and Mouse, could be trucks only, could be people who want to drift. So after build your A class supra for your favorite track, it might take ya 30 minutes or so to get into a room with the settings you want.
I would prefer to be able to pick A class = hardcore (no assists) = Race only. Going by what you said it sounds like building a custom race car is kind of pointless online if I can't pick to use my new made drag racer to drag but to race on the smallest most corner track ever.

Also why is cat and mouse in as a random thing for the hoppers? for such a racing sim something like cat and mouse should be removed from the main racing areas and used either in private or an optional fun time playlist, not merged in with the drag and touring race series.

Saiyu

....90% of my multiplayer time (and that was a lot) in Forza 2 came from public custom lobbies. Sure there were idiots but the vast majority were like minded racers who setup no-assist class spec rooms. Now the only way to do this is to hope a friend is playing that mode????

ryencool

Saiyu said:
....90% of my multiplayer time (and that was a lot) in Forza 2 came from public custom lobbies. Sure there were idiots but the vast majority were like minded racers who setup no-assist class spec rooms. Now the only way to do this is to hope a friend is playing that mode????

Exaclty. So I know the game wont change, but Turn10 needs to hear that we are upset. That is what this is for. We need to be heard. I spent hours tuning certian cars for certain tracks. When I was done tuning I could select that class, and the options I wanted and see what servers were running those settings. That is now gone, so you only get to test your car out online when your settings come up, or if you setup a private match and have friends who want to race the same race.

RSTEIN

ryencool said:

Diablohead said:
would prefer to be able to pick A class = hardcore (no assists) = Race only. Going by what you said it sounds like building a custom race car is kind of pointless online if I can't pick to use my new made drag racer to drag but to race on the smallest most corner track ever.

Also why is cat and mouse in as a random thing for the hoppers? for such a racing sim something like cat and mouse should be removed from the main racing areas and used either in private or an optional fun time playlist, not merged in with the drag and touring race series.

Ah, seems I spoke too soon. I assumed that we could at least choose assists/no assists/drift/etc. playlists.

No playlists? >.>

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
VOOK said:
omg this game needs bathurst, the 'normal' cars can't handle the V8's :D

I swear I'll get to the normal game soon :p

Yes Bathurts DLC please. Also, I wish to complain about the top speed of the V8's. Fix this shit Guerilla.

Oh yeah, Modus or Jube.... I'm more than willing to make a paypal donation for this ;)

mijjgo.jpg

ElyrionX

Is there any way to adjust the view in the cockpit? I seem to recall people mentioning that you can adjust the cockpit seat forward or backward. I can't seem to do it in the game though.

p3tran

Banned
snip online rules & options

....I, on the other hand, still have many memories of getting really pissed when the host (especially after a lost race) would change the rules to something completely absurd and arbitrary. like "from B700 we now go to limit A840(!)"

p.s.
Jube, Modus, stopit, I'll be home in 2 hrs. I think we have some unfinished business from yesterday :lol

acm2000

ElyrionX said:
Is there any way to adjust the view in the cockpit? I seem to recall people mentioning that you can adjust the cockpit seat forward or backward. I can't seem to do it in the game though.

driver profile>multi screen setup, enable, then change the fov (bottom option) to about 60 degrees

I actually like the fact that they went the matchmaking route as opposed to the public room route. But what will be beyond retarded is if they don't add some kind of hardcore play list. What is the point of having this amazing simulation when it will be a pain in the ass to actually play it online in all it's glory? I hope this just a case where they haven't yet rolled out their entire play list at launch.

ryencool

pedrothelion said:
I actually like the fact that they went the matchmaking route as opposed to the public room route. But what will be beyond retarded is if they don't add some kind of hardcore play list. What is the point of having this amazing simulation when it will be a pain in the ass to actually play it online in all it's glory? I hope this just a case where they haven't yet rolled out their entire play list at launch.

How big will the play list have to be with 400 cars, 100 tracks, dozens of assists, dozens of classes, and many race types. This is CoD. Matchmaking works fine for 5-6 game types and a couple dozen maps.

lil smoke

Banned
Saiyu said:
I think the majority were idiots amongst a few liked minded racers and hosts who ran sensible rooms.

blanky

ryencool said:
How big will the play list have to be with 400 cars, 100 tracks, dozens of assists, dozens of classes, and many race types. This is CoD. Matchmaking works fine for 5-6 game types and a couple dozen maps.

It doesn't have to be that hard though. It can be easily divided in a few simple class playlists. Which would be preferable to a dozen public servers because there would be more standardization. It all depends on the quality of the playlists, hopefully Turn 10 will be able to do that.

RSTEIN

blanky said:
It doesn't have to be that hard though. It can be easily divided in a few simple class playlists. Which would be preferable to a dozen public servers because there would be more standardization. It all depends on the quality of the playlists, hopefully Turn 10 will be able to do that.

I would be 100% happy with:

- Play list for each class.
- Play list for no assists with random class (i.e. hardcore playlist).
- Play list for no assists but ABS, traction, race line with random class(i.e. mid level playlist).
- Free for all playlist.
- Drift playlist.
- "party playlist" featuing cat & mouse, popular custom games.

Hopefully T10 can implement this or even start with class/assists playlists.

Saiyu

When did online gaming become so anti-social? I'm so glad at least SOCOM has stuck with traditional lobbies as I really don't like this new era of matchmaking and hopping into rooms with a set party - fun as it may be in CoD.

Our regular post man actually went to work today but no game, just bills. I hope that if he is working then tomorrow will be the golden day I see my game as long as it's not lost among a large warehouse of back-post.

Saiyu said:
When did online gaming become so anti-social? I'm so glad at least SOCOM has stuck with traditional lobbies as I really don't like this new era of matchmaking and hopping into rooms with a set party - fun as it may be in CoD.
I'm not against matchmaking but from people who have the game it sounds like right now the current options are a mess, picking a car class to find that you are playing cat and mouse instead of serious racing, that everyone has an option to race with assists and the racing line makes things way too casual, or getting ready to race only to find it's a drift cup and your RWD racing beast is terrible at it, best go back and search for another lobby!

Jube3

The public rooms to me isnt a big deal because its only 8 player room. Invite 3 people and your room is almost full. Me modus stopit and p3tran had a blast for like 2 hours just doing group drifts and cat and mouse.

Router said:
Yes Bathurts DLC please. Also, I wish to complain about the top speed of the V8's. Fix this shit Guerilla.

Oh yeah, Modus or Jube.... I'm more than willing to make a paypal donation for this ;)

You would just want the vinyl for it or a whole car design?

Is it true that if you sell a car paint job on the AH that it has to be from a completely stock car? like no custom wing and bumpers?

Yes thats true.

Its not that bad if you plan ahead. Think of it as a safe zone in video editing. Like when I finished the ironman car I stayed away from editing in those lower areas of the car. Lowest common denominator or something lol.

Im without full internet today so im working on some stuff to upload tonight. Ill have the tutorials and a new update to the op tonight. I will be putting up 3 video tutorials, shading, working with text, and a simple painting chrome rims trick i found.

Ill be putting up the online thread in a little bit today.

So I ordered the LE from gamestop BUT amazon has the regular for $55 with a $10 gift card and I have a $5 discount from Uncharted 2. With that much of a price difference, I'm having a hard time justifying the LE now :(

acm2000

Diablohead said:
Our regular post man actually went to work today but no game, just bills. I hope that if he is working then tomorrow will be the golden day I see my game as long as it's not lost among a large warehouse of back-post.

sorting office strike today, postie strike tomorrow

ryencool

Direct quote from Europen player on Forza Forums

"That's it, plus: it seems thers' no circuit race under A class ...anyway i could not find E or C racing yesterday .. so i didn't play online ....at all "

Awesome, so instead of racing online he turned his xbox off, awesome.

Top Bottom