• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Is there a site anywhere where you can pay for someone to design you a banging livery and then they send you the car as a gift. I am sure there was a site doing the rounds when Forza 2 was released.

AMUSIX

Yeah, I was very disappointed by the multiplayer options last night. Had a few good races, but being confined to A-class or better seems ridiculous.

Oh, and I know we're supposed to wait, but are we to expect a day 1 update tomorrow? Or do Europeans just not like racing the slower classes?

Also, I need monies...upgrades are brutally expensive (good!).

One thing I can't find is a shopping cart. Is it in there? Can someone point me in the right direction? With the cost of upgrades so high, it's tough to layout just what you want to do. That is, if you need to get a car to the top of the C class, there may be a dozen ways to do it...reducing weight, increasing power, toying with the PI lowering additions...but you have to literally sit there with pen and paper and plan out what you want to buy, how it will affect your cars numbers, and how many PI points it will add. Or you can blow three times the amount that you need to spend just buying, installing, selling, and buying again. And even after doing the pen and paper method, you can still wind up a few PI points over your target...sending you back to replan.

I just want a shopping cart where I can layout the upgrades I want to buy and install, and see the final numbers before I hit 'purchase'.

anavas44

FINALLY! I got mi limted collector's edition this afternoon, and with a Exclusive Gamestop BMW M5 E60!

Che, I have a question. I've read you're still working on the free NXE theme available for those who purchase the LCE. What happens if I redeem my code now to get those cars and tracks? How will I get the NXE theme later?

Cheers,

Recoil

HoTHiTTeR said:
i took these a few weeks ago when I got my copy. Go go Fiesta! :lol
forza7.jpg

Is that from stock?

punkypine

just wondering, does the forza series have rally races? this is going to be the first sim racer i've purchased since GT4, so i havent really kept up with these things

Kryten

F Yeah, sitting on my desk at work when I arrived this morning. I knew I should have brought my 360 into work today, now my LE is going to be sitting there, mocking me all day.

Iknos

ryencool said:
Secondly a hardcore setting in the playlist isn't enough with a game containing this much customization.

I understand what you mean. There are plenty of other games that have what you are looking for. It wouldn't be a trivial thing to add to FM3 is what I'm saying.

I just saw that thread. The petition was very clear in what you are looking for. It probably got locked because of some of the crazies in there saying that the game is now doomed. Or maybe it's something T10 plans on addressing and we just don't know it.

Though I did read in that thread that there is no system link...is this true?

Jube3 said:
What are you trying to get made? Im always up for ideas.

You could probably make a killing in credits if you made a Halloween themed car.

I wonder if Che will give out Xmas themed cars to VIPs during the holidays... :)

SuperÑ

OptionN, ShiftN
Man, what's up with those public races restrictions? Circuit races for A-Class+ cars only? That's ridiculous!

>: (

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
MikeDub said:
I shall ease your pain Spaceman Spiff
*sex*
*sex again*

Thank god spiff spoke up about that. Fucking beautiful. Is it okay if I avatar that first pic?

More enzo pics! More more more more!:D

enzo_gt said:
Thank god spiff spoke up about that. Fucking beautiful. Is it okay if I avatar that first pic?

More enzo pics! More more more more!:D

go for it! Any other photo requests, I am free up until the hour.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Those enzo pics make baby Jesus cry :( (waves fist at compression :lol )

Forza3.jpg

I want that car SO bad :(

Jesus :( Modus made the right fucking choice with the vehicle frame for that artwork.

Kordos

PjotrStroganov said:
------------------------
Quick Race: Track playlist without class restriction. Result: Everybody chooses R1.
Circuit race: R1, R2, R3, S and A classes have their own playlist.
Drag: S RWD, S AWD and Any Class.
Road Racing: Road Track rotation without restrictions.
Drift: No Restrictions.

So no option to filter on classes below A. It also seems inconsistent to include class filters in only some of the race types. There is also no option to filter on assists. It's a free for all.

Cheers to PjotrStroganov for the info.

As a married/working-class gamer, I'm all for the quick-match-finding benefits of Matchmaking. God knows I've spent enough time searching for / sitting in FM2 lobbies instead of actually racing.

I also understand that Matchmaking only works if there are a critical mass of players - if you fragment the pools of players with too many game types (or in the case of custom public rooms, unlimited game types), the benefits of matchmaking are lessened / eliminated.

It's also too early to judge the total FM3 experience, as evidenced above - it takes a critical mass (read: hundreds of thousands / NA launch) of simultaneous gamers to make matchmaking work.

That said, the hopper options are obviously missing F, E, D, C, and B classes.

It seems like the launch day pattern for "street-class" racers like myself (FEDCBA) will be to find the closest to what you actually want to race (What's closest to F- or E- class? A?), join a few races, constantly ask people if they want to race lower classes, start a private match, and then mass-invite-spam your recently played gamertags list.

Perhaps a better solution would be to "couple" nearby playlists, i.e. R1-R2-R3 (rotation), S-A (rotation), B-C, D-E-F, etc. If I really want to try out my sweet E-class tune that I've invested 10 hours in, I could deal with racing some similar (D/F) cars as long as I got to pull it out somewhat frequently.

It's my hope that everyone (read: T10) quickly realizes the uselessness / unfunness of no-class-limit playlists (with the exception of Drift and perhaps Drag) that quickly devolve (evolve?) to R1 only.

T10 has said they'll monitor and freshen the hopper - my fingers will be crossed.

Jube3

Iknos said:
You could probably make a killing in credits if you made a Halloween themed car.

I wonder if Che will give out Xmas themed cars to VIPs during the holidays... :)

Yea I made one today lol

New Simple Video Tip: How to paint chrome wheels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65HCVrQACS4

I posted how to do it here but in case people re confused on how to do it. Here is how to paint chrome rims to leave the lip chrome. I've only confirmed it working on 4 wheels so far.

Haman edition race
Rota JSPL
Holeshot hole star
Tenzo rs-5

Im wrapping up the lighting tutorial I made for homer.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Jube or Modus I have a question..

Do you need to be a good "artist" with a pen/pencil/paper first to be capable of doing these pieces of work on FM3 or is there some hope for some of us that lack that sort of skill if we keep practicing on a FM3 canvas trying to replicate an image? lol

:( I am so sad lol.. I wish I was able to do something like this on my own :|

bj00rn_

Banned
After a couple of days playing the game I just have to say that to my surprise graphic-wise and gameplay-wise Forza 3 is even better than I hoped for. Love the sense of scale/size in the game.

Jube3

Slayer-33 said:
Jube or Modus I have a question..

Do you need to be a good "artist" with a pen/pencil/paper first to be capable of doing these pieces of work on FM3 or is there some hope for some of us that lack that sort of skill if we keep practicing on a FM3 canvas trying to replicate an image? lol

:( I am so sad lol.. I wish I was able to do something like this on my own :|

You don't need artistic skill to create a vinyl really, unless you are creating images from scratch. I think patience, dedication and careful planning are more important. Nothing in the editor is going to give you instant gratification ya know.

Im working on a tutorial on how to break down an image that should help people create a visual aide before starting to work. Also when first going into it stay away from anything with a lot of shading/lighting. Go for really simple things. The simpsons, family guy are great to start with because of how simple they are. Pick flat images (no shading) to start with. Then gradually step up the difficulty. I see a lot of people who go into it wanting to create a life like replica of ozzy osbourne like mimic and phredesign do and thats just a rough way to start lol.

The homer tutorial I posted should give you a basic idea on how to lay him out.

Magni

Slackbladder said:
I don't have the game (yet) but I have read this is true. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny.

Come to think of it, I didn't see one (saw the split-screen and XBL modes). Hopefully it's well hidden, like the Time Trials, because it wouldn't make much sense to leave it out..

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Jube3 said:
You don't need artistic skill to create a car really, unless you are creating images from scratch. I think patience, dedication and careful planning are more important. Nothing in the editor is going to give you instant gratification ya know.

Im working on a tutorial on how to break down an image that should help people create a visual aide before starting to work. Also when first going into it stay away from anything with a lot of shading/lighting. Go for really simple things. The simpsons, family guy are great to start with because of how simple they are. Pick flat images (no shading) to start with. Then gradually step up the difficulty. I see a lot of people who go into it wanting to create a life like replica of ozzy osbourne like mimic and phredesign do and thats just a rough way to start lol.

I fucking love you.

That was the answer I was looking for lol! There is hope, whenever you post the tut's I'll make sure to follow bro thanks for the response.

Wasn't sure where to ask this, but the F3 thread seemed appropriate so I'll ask it of the game.

Doo the driving physics take into account the difference between flooring the pedal and lightly depressing it, or is it fixed to a scale of power-to-wheels?

I ask this because as most vehicles are combustion-engine, the difference between pushing the pedal down progressively and flooring the gas is quite a drastic change in chemical reaction. The only game I can even remember that attempted to do something like that was the Driver series (I think) where it had a "floor it" button.

Of course, tuned race cars won't react this way but normal cars should. I know the most common way to tackle this reaction is to simply apply an area which the torque exceeds the tire grip and thus the wheels spin, but I'd love to see the real life difference in a game.

Jube3

Slayer-33 said:
I fucking love you.

That was the answer I was looking for lol! There is hope, whenever you post the tut's I'll make sure to follow bro thanks for the response.

Heres the link to the homer tutorial,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua9GmC1jkv0

its a beginners tutorial but it covers creating shapes, masking and creating outlines. The next 2 will cover quick shading on the homer and gradients.

Do you have an idea on what you want to attempt?

I just played the demo for the first time. I had the Ferrari. Looks amazing, but wow does it ever feel slow. I've been playing GRID a lot, so I guess I'm spoiled with a sense of speed. I was even in cockpit view.

Kordos said:

Ya, there's definitely the balance between offering enough playlists to make diverse people happy, while not segmenting the population so much that there's nobody to play with.

I wouldn't mind a hybrid approach where you have an R1/R2/R3 hopper, B/A/S hopper, and F-C hopper. And you have a setting where you can order your preferences (I prefer F and E, then D,C, etc) and the matchmaking system groups you with like-minded people.

Actually, that's probably going to be the next evolution of matchmaking... the combination of matchmaking and custom filters. You'll set your preferences, probably with sliders, and then the system will match you with the people that want to play the same way as you. Instead of right now where you're forced into very rigid buckets.

skyfinch

Jube3 said:
Yea I made one today lol

New Simple Video Tip: How to paint chrome wheels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65HCVrQACS4

I posted how to do it here but in case people re confused on how to do it. Here is how to paint chrome rims to leave the lip chrome. I've only confirmed it working on 4 wheels so far.

Haman edition race
Rota JSPL
Holeshot hole star
Tenzo rs-5

Im wrapping up the lighting tutorial I made for homer.

Damn, I hear some Skee-lo in the background.

TylerD

I finally got my 360 Elite hooked up and downloaded the Forza 3 demo. I liked it but noticed a couple of rough areas; one example being car shadows vanishing and popping back at weird intervals.

I would have enjoyed the demo a lot more but remapping buttons is not allowed. Having shifting buttons on the face on the controller is brutal to me. Still, I am really looking forward to trying my hand at the livery editor, tuning, actually progressing through the seasons and racing online with my coworkers.

Oh yeah and buying my 944 Turbo and seeing how far I can take it through the game.

Jube3 said:
You don't need artistic skill to create a vinyl really, unless you are creating images from scratch. I think patience, dedication and careful planning are more important. Nothing in the editor is going to give you instant gratification ya know.

I am absolutely terrible at drawing by hand, and I don't consider myself artistic, although I wish I was and I really do appreciate the works of others.

I tried doing Yoruichi from Bleach anime in Forza 2, and it took me about two weeks just for the face but I got it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6981170&postcount=1804

Don't know if I can do it all over again in Forza 3, but I was trying to do your avatar Slayer33. Or something similar. My problem is, I can't find good source material for it, and doing it freehand has the tendency to stray from the original look.

I can't take it anymore. I'm an American, I'm supposed to be enjoying the game while you wait and wish. Screw all you with the game already! Arghhh! Why was I born??

Top Bottom