• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

Jube3

Got this over live today and i found it funny

do u work for forza if u do im just wondering y i got banned intell 12/02/2019

I don't but I explained to him he probably used the money glitch or had inappropriate designs on his storefront then he replied with this.

but y would they ban me for 10 years

:lol

Ok, I'm not going to navigate through 100 pages to figure it out.

I just got the game, and Forza 2 is my favorite current-gen game of all time.

But what is this calender shit? Why can't I just pick what event I feel like tackling as apposed to the 3 events they make me choose from? This feels much more restricted than Forza 2.

Am I missing something? It feels confusing as to where the progression of the career mode is taking me.

Can someone clear this up for me?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
The consensus seems to be that 7th car in the DLC pack is none other than the Lola-Aston Martin B09/60 LMP1. Personally, I'm very glad to see it in the game- the car is charismatic as hell with a gorgeous design. I was hoping to see it podium this year at Le Mans, but at least it can now in FM3. Three more cars to go now!

Whoa! That was unexpected. Has the LMP1 even raced yet? The value in this car pack is amazing I must say. Also, I thought the Audi S4 didn't count in the pack but was a free add-on?

Audi S4
Ferrari 458 Italia '10
Mercedes Benz SLR Stirling Moss '10
Lamborghini LP 670-4 SV '10
Audi R15 TDi '09
Jaguar XFR '10
[Lola Aston Martin LMP1]
[Nissan GT-R?]
[Pagani Zonda F/Clubsport/R?]
[Unknown Car]

Also, in Forza 2, did DLC cars come with upgrades to them that you could buy and install? Or will we be forced to use some of these stock and bodykit-less?

ShadyMilkman said:

But what is this calender shit? Why can't I just pick what event I feel like tackling as apposed to the 3 events they make me choose from? This feels much more restricted than Forza 2.

Am I missing something? It feels confusing as to where the progression of the career mode is taking me.

Check the Event list below. Its the option below season play. I think your still restricted somewhat until you progress in the season play though.

I actually want the last one to be the SLS, can't think of any other new cars I'd want more.

enzo_gt said:
Check the Event list below. Its the option below season play. I think your still restricted somewhat until you progress in the season play though.

I actually want the last one to be the SLS, can't think of any other new cars I'd want more.

I've gone through the Event List and beaten a couple that way. Is it normal to not win a car after winning an event? That was the best part of Forza 2. It seems that the only way to win cars in F3 is through gaining driving levels.

Jube3

ShadyMilkman said:
I've gone through the Event List and beaten a couple that way. Is it normal to not win a car after winning an event? That was the best part of Forza 2. It seems that the only way to win cars in F3 is through gaining driving levels.

It was changed from getting cars from completing events to every time you complete a driver level.

I finally used the multiple monitor trick today to pull back the cockpit view a bit. I just wish we didn't lose the ability to look around. Is there a chance this will be fixed via patch or DLC?

rjcc

ShadyMilkman said:

you know you can just back out, change cars, and when you come back it will have something else right?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Yeah it does kind of suck how you have to spend in-game credits on DLC cars. But I am not understanding all these people hurting for money. I'm lvl 49 and have almost 3 million dollars. I have sold 1 car on the auction house for 300k. Other than that it's all been earned from pure racing. I spend quite freely as well. Do you guys have a lot of assists turned on or what?

I play manual without clutch (MS Wheel), just have stability or ABS depending on the car.
I'm still at level 32 tho.

Iknos

G Rom said:
Yeah I totally agree with that. While I'm ok with the painters getting the money they deserve, I think the game doesn't reward the other type of gamers enough. Racers get nowhere near half the money painters are earning. Same with photographers. I like doing photos and I've taken tons but in the end, the game doesn't reward me for that.

Someone said here a few pages back that the game doesn't compel you to finish the season. I agree to an extent.

When you progress and level up your driver you are compelled to play more because you get more cars. When you level up your cars you get discounts on parts. Those are well thought out systems in place that get us to play through the career mode and with different sorts of cars.

They need to apply those sort of ideas onto the career mode. The bonuses you get for each season completed should be sky high. Especially in the later seasons because they take so long to finish. 10 million for finishing Season 5 and 15 million for Season 6 would be good incentives. It may seem like a lot but once you start buying and upgrading cars you'll start to run out of money.

Tuners and painters have been rewarded so why not the racers? Some of the rich painters probably haven't even finished the later seasons because they are too busy painting.

I don't know if I'll have the time but I want to buy every car in the game and have a few copies of each car so I can try different drivetrain setups and tunes for each car. One thing I know I won't have enough of is in-game money to achieve that goal. Don't make enough from off and online racing to do that.

This game is crack. Can's stop thinking about it.

acm2000

ShadyMilkman said:
Ugh, can't say I dig that... but we'll see as I trek on.

there are 220 events... that would be 220 cars of the 420ish that would be given away free... a bit much, 50 is much better

be warned, using event list does not move time on in season play

Jube3

Theres definitely a difference in the amount of money you make if you choose to ignore the storefront but racers can still make a good chunk of money. at 10,000 credits, my Jet set radio car has 900 downloads so 9million credits over the course of a month. The car took 10 hours to make, how much can you make in an hour long endurance race with all assists off and no hired driver 200k? so 2 million dollars per 10 hours.

So there is a difference in sales but thats also only if that car is succesufull since this doesn't take into account the amount of liverys that do not sell at all or very well. You know like working 10 hours or even some of the photorealistic guys (mimic, kctigerfan) that spend 30 hours and sometimes your car only gets 2-300 downloads.

eso76

kinn said:
Ordered in mid Sep and also had no email.

Just had the stand so far...

Just got an email from Fanatec yesterday saying my wheel "WILL BE SHIPPED NOW" :D

I don't exactly know what "will be/now" means but i assume i should be getting my wheel next week :)

Tokubetsu

Jube3 said:
Theres definitely a difference in the amount of money you make if you choose to ignore the storefront but racers can still make a good chunk of money. at 10,000 credits, my Jet set radio car has 900 downloads so 9million credits over the course of a month. The car took 10 hours to make, how much can you make in an hour long endurance race with all assists off and no hired driver 200k? so 2 million dollars per 10 hours.

So there is a difference in sales but thats also only if that car is succesufull since this doesn't take into account the amount of liverys that do not sell at all or very well. You know like working 10 hours or even some of the photorealistic guys (mimic, kctigerfan) that spend 30 hours and sometimes your car only gets 2-300 downloads.

I love how yoi have money making shit to a science. God damn.

blanky

Jube3 said:

even that would have been nice :( I haven't checked lately but my top car has sold 60+ copies. I'm still happy i've sold that much, but total i've only made 150k from Storefront which is nothing for FM3.

Jube3

blanky said:
even that would have been nice :( I haven't checked lately but my top car has sold 60+ copies. I'm still happy i've sold that much, but total i've only made 150k from Storefront which is nothing for FM3.

Ya my beatles car only had like 30 downloads at 10k. It hurt since I spent like a week on it haha its depressing going to check and the counter doesnt go up lol had to drop it down to 1k.

Pepto

Banned
Jube3 said:
Ya my beatles car only had like 30 downloads at 10k. It hurt since I spent like a week on it haha its depressing going to check and the counter doesnt go up lol had to drop it down to 1k.
I think it's the car. I think the design is amazing but don't want or need that car in my garage.

Any chance of getting racing version of the livery (i.e. big number and small sponsor stickers on the sides) on a car that you would actually use online like for example Evo X? Actually racing versions of all your designs would be cool.

G Rom

As I said, I'm totally fine with the painters getting tons of money. I think those that spend hours and hours on liveries deserve it because it's difficult to do it.
I get your point about endurance races Jube3 but I think there may not even be 10 races in career mode. I don't want to end doing them again and again. :-/

Personnaly, I have 85% more credits with the assists I turn off (all except braking line and clutch). I like buying cars I like, cars for liveries, so I have 100 cars in my garage at the moment. In more than 25 hours of game, I've only got 4M of credits I think (I've done 4 endurance races, need to check the exact numbers when I get home). Now I'm starting to save for DLC cars and I'm currently at 800k+ credit. Hopefully, I'll have enough money for that Murcielago and (soon to be revealed ?) GTR. :D

I think the "problem" is that when you're a painter or tuner, you can have two revenues. Storefront's one and races' one.

I agree about the car for liveries. I'm more willing to buy a livery for a car that I already own or that doesn't cost tens or hundreds of thousand of credits.

PS : Sorry for any misspelling, I'm posting from my iPhone...

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
I don't do car art, and I can't drive without some of the assists turned off (ABS and the partial braking racing line), so I should have an alternate way to make some more money so I can grab a unicorn car or two.

blanky

twinturbo2 said:
I don't do car art, and I can't drive without some of the assists turned off (ABS and the partial braking racing line), so I should have an alternate way to make some more money so I can grab a unicorn car or two.

selling expensive gift cars on auction house usually gets you a bit, but maybe auction house smartened up and its far from enough and gift cars run out. Money is very slim these days yeah.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
SuperEnemyCrab said:
Yeah it does kind of suck how you have to spend in-game credits on DLC cars. But I am not understanding all these people hurting for money. I'm lvl 49 and have almost 3 million dollars. I have sold 1 car on the auction house for 300k. Other than that it's all been earned from pure racing. I spend quite freely as well. Do you guys have a lot of assists turned on or what?

nope, i just dont have a problem blowing cash on cars i want that you dont get rewarded. i have multiples of my favorite cars, tuned for different classes, and LOTS of ferrari's. cash becomes an issue when the cars you buy are 300,000 + a piece AND you are upgrading them

saved a lot of money by using most of the cars awarded as you leveled up. Also saved money by not over upgrading cars. For my A class Audi R8 I just bought lighter wheels, Sport tires and brakes, and some weight reduction since horsepower wise it was on par with other cars in Class A races.

G Rom

Yeah that's one way of saving money but what's the point of having 400+ cars and upgrades if you can't buy them... :lol

Jube3

If you hire a driver while you're at home watching a movie/tv/browsing you can get a good amount of cash over time. Playing the AH is good too, snag a car for 30 resell it for 50. You can also commission a design from a painter and have him gift you the car so o you can resell it on the AH/storefront. There are some other ways if you get creative as a racer but you're gonna have to get into a community and be able to hold your own in a race, credit betting, community tournaments or even the forza time trials grab you like 250k. I dunno just trying to help.

G Rom said:
I think the "problem" is that when you're a painter or tuner, you can have two revenues. Storefront's one and races' one.

Yea I hear ya, for the guys making a lot of credits on the storefront I doubt they would consider racing a revenue. I know speaking for myself in 2 months I have 50 hours of driving time and 220 hours in painting.

An interesting idea might be to give photographers google ad style credits on picture hits. Like 10 credits per view or something. It could add up pretty quick on a picture with 20,000 views.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Updated the DLC car list:

2010 Audi S4
Ferrari 458 Italia
Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss
Lamborghini LP 670-4 SV
Audi R15 TDI
2010 Jaguar XFR
(unconfirmed) Lola-Aston Martin B09/60 LMP1
(rumoured) Nissan GT-R
(rumoured) Pagani Zonda

That leaves one space.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i personally dont have an issue with the amount of money i have earned in game (90% of it from racing). i HAVE earned millions and i have spent just as much. i dont think it should be easier to buy cars/upgrades, otherwise it would screw up the entire in game economy.

my issue is paying for content twice. real money >>>>>>> forza money, and if i pay real money for a car, i should automatically own it in game.

eso76

sorry i have to come in this thread and brag about it, but i just received ups tracking number for my Fanatec PWTS, which should be delivered on wednsday :D

I had to quit playing Fm3 so i wouldn't get bored of it before receiving my wheel; looks like i'll finally try some of those endurance races next week, woooot !

Yoritomo

eso76 said:
sorry i have to come in this thread and brag about it, but i just received ups tracking number for my Fanatec PWTS, which should be delivered on wednsday :D

I had to quit playing Fm3 so i wouldn't get bored of it before receiving my wheel; looks like i'll finally try some of those endurance races next week, woooot !

Mine gets here today... sometime.

G Rom

Ok, I've looked at my game stats and I'm beginning to think that they're flawed.:lol

I have earned 4,026,642 Cr.
I have earned 43,065 Cr online, let's say that they didn't count in the total credit earned.
I have a total parts value of 2,919,190 Cr. In my way of thinking, that almost 3M that I have really spent as the cars you receive/buy don't have parts (except for the VIP ones).
I have a total of 50,323 Cr in reparations.
Now, I have 577,692 Cr of actual Cr.

So, if Google is right in its calculations, I spent (4,026,642+43,065-2,919,190-50,323-577,692) 522,502 Cr on cars. Here's the catch, I bought the F50 GT this week, so that's 500,000 Cr which leaves me roughly 23,000 Cr for the 44 cars I have bought (100 cars minus the 50 you have for free and the 6 VIP/Zune cars).

Even if I put a 10% discount on every parts I bought (which is impossible), I'm left with only 350,000 Cr after buying the F50 GT. Just a quick tour in the dealership, I have seen at least 3 cars that I bought that were worth more than 100,000 Cr.

Either I'm totally off in my calculations and there's something I miss or Turn 10 missed something. :lol

Anyway, looking at my stats, I thought of multiple way to reward racers a bit more. Credits earned should be more dynamic. For example you should get more Credit as you progress because let's face it, even with season play, there's like only 15% (that's very conservative) of all the players that will see the end of the game. Another thing would be to reward a high percentage of victory maintained throughout the game. Of course it would scale to the amount of assists you have turned off. :D

You're idea for photographers is interesting Jube3. It could also work for replays. :D

Dynamic3

Well no GS near me has the LE, and they aren't selling it online, so am I fucked? I only want the VIP cars (430S etc.). Are there any plans to release them as DLC or can I just buy them off the storefront (you can buy actual cars and not just setups and paint right?)?

Out of curiosity, what is the VIP storefront access?

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Dear christ, I just fucking LOVE the game going into slideshow mode during the middle of a race because one of my friends signed into Live...

On the other hand, I love playing the game despite this fuckery.

I absolutely love Forza 3; I reached Driver Level 33 last night.

I'm in the middle of the R3 season right now and slowly losing control of the cars. I'm okay with A Class FWD and AWD cars, but RWD cars give me fits. I think I'm too quick in my steering and have a tendency to get loose in the back-end.

ShapeGSX

FunnyBunny said:
I absolutely love Forza 3; I reached Driver Level 33 last night.

I'm in the middle of the R3 season right now and slowly losing control of the cars. I'm okay with A Class FWD and AWD cars, but RWD cars give me fits. I think I'm too quick in my steering and have a tendency to get loose in the back-end.

I started off that R3 championship season the same way. I eventually ended up with the Ferrari FXX at level 35ish, and once upgraded, that car is very competitive in that championship. But I still had some control issues with it. All I can tell you is that I just got better at it over the course of the championship. First 2 races were 8th place. Last few were 1st place, and I ended up at 2nd overall. I am using the MS wheel, and I've gotten much better at controlling the gas and brakes, which has kept the rear end from sliding out, which has been the most critical control issue.

I'm getting much better with the analog stick and shoulder buttons. I've never wanted a steering wheel for a game before, but Forza may push me over the edge.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
cjelly said:
Updated the DLC car list:

2010 Audi S4
Ferrari 458 Italia
Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss
Lamborghini LP 670-4 SV
Audi R15 TDI
2010 Jaguar XFR
2009 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing Lola
(rumoured) Nissan GT-R
(rumoured) Pagani Zonda

That leaves one space.

2009 Aston Martin #007 Aston Martin Racing Lola confirmed! - http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Aston_Lola.aspx

4158938132_f2c63ee09a_o.jpg

G Rom

This Gulf livery is just gorgeous as always ! It should be an official rule of the FIA to have at least one car in every championship with this livery !:D

I have a feeling that if there's indeed a GTR, it will be the last car revealed !:D

blanky

I really hope that all the dashes, especially in the LMP cars will work. It's a real bummer when they don't =/ so far though great DLC! Didn't expect the Aston so son, maybe the C6 GT2 will be the last DLC car.

Leonsito

Diseased Yak said:
Dear christ, I just fucking LOVE the game going into slideshow mode during the middle of a race because one of my friends signed into Live...

On the other hand, I love playing the game despite this fuckery.

Yeah, fix this shit T10 please !

The strange thing is that it happens randomly for me.

phil_t

Banned
Gek54 said:
I think there is an element of misunderstanding on this. I've done similar tests myself using the MS Wheel and have found the following..

The only assist is a speed related sensitivity algorithm that just effectively reduces the steering lock the faster you go. It does not steer for you, it does not do care what direction the car is going or which direction you are steering, it's a very simple and minor (IMO) assist.

You can try it yourself, just find somewhere you have enough space, and at a standstill put it on full lock with telemetry showing and set off, as you speed up, with it on full lock, notice that the max steering angle starts to decrease. Let off the throttle and it starts increasing. That is all it is doing.

The confusion stems from the fact that if you are going at speed and you get into a slide, as you counter steer on full lock, as the car's forward momentum decreases due to the slide and no doubt backing off the throttle, the maximum steering angle increases due to the reasons stated above. This does look like as you slide and slow down, the game is increasing the counter steering for you.
However, it's being misinterpreted as a large assist, but if you think about it, this occurs when you slide at speed, where you actually have an artificially reduced max steering angle which is working against you, not for you. It's only as you scrub speed in the slide that full lock is slowly restored.

I have seen this doing the rounds, and I'd urge people do some tests themselves, using a wheel, bearing in mind the above and see if you agree.

G Rom

I've never had this problem, weird...

Anyway, looks like our last car (if the GTR and Zonda are right) is that hideous Porsche Panamera. God this think is awful. It's like if a 911 had eaten too much and became obese...

And I thought this DLC was going to be perfect. Well, looks like it had a good run !:lol

Just kidding, one crappy car out of ten isn't bad !:D

Gek54

Diablohead said:
Sometimes I wonder what is the point of making a sim when you don't give the players full control and adept it for too much of the softer market, but I guess that without their sales the game would just not exist.

Optional driving aids for the wider market is perfectly fine, not letting us turn off this aid like we can all the others doesnt make sense.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
New spy shot is up, and has already been guessed as the Porsche Panamera (not yet confirmed by T10!).

I guess this means we know our 10 DLC cars, right? ;)

4158341153_095978c9ab_o.jpg

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Still 3 more cars to confirm. :)

Also, all future DLC car packs will come with 150,000 in-game credits for you to buy one of these cars when you purchase the DLC.

Top Bottom