• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

G Rom

I didn't look at the new picture with Photoshop (currently on my Windows partition !:D ) but the model of the Stirling Moss looks good to me.

What pisses me of is the way the S4's taillights look. Seriously, it's like the person who is in charge of puting colors turned all the colors to 0 except for the red which is at 255.
Hopefully it's just a matter of how those pictures were taken. If it's not, then I can't wait to see the first pictures of it, the compression will do wonders on them !:lol

Arucardo

LP670-4 SV revealed

original.aspx

EDIT: also a new spyshot, no idea what it is :F

original.aspx

G Rom

I can't wait to hear this Murcielago Super Veloce !:D

Looks like I had at least 2 cars right (4 if you count the S4 and 458) !:lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Ding said:
I too got the email from Fanatec, telling me that my wheel "will be shipped now". That combination of present and future tenses makes it hard for me to know exactly when they plan to ship, but I assume that's German for Real Soon Now. Did any of you'all get an actual tracking number?

Also, didn't I read that the regular (non-Clubsport) pedals were delayed, and would need to be shipped separately? That could potentially be a bummer. I shipped my old MS wheel and pedals off to my friend this past weekend, so I won't even have the option of using those pedals if/when I have to wait on the Fanatec version.

Oh well. Someday. For now, one of my cats is finding the Obutto cockpit to be super comfy spot to sleep on cold nights. :D (He's a stray kitten that we've been bringing into the garage at night.)

FYI, i never got a shipping number (or even an idea of who shipped my item) and it took about 7-8 business days (i'm in CA)

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Zeouterlimits said:
Hey,
don't know if ye'd be interested, but a Giantbomb member is running a timetrial competition to win a sweet Chie/Persona 4 Lexus IS-F.

Details here if ye are.
Not bad, but I think Jube can do a better P4 design. I was thinking about asking him to do one on commission or something actually. :lol

deadnoob

When did you guys order the wheel from fanatec? I ordered mine on Nov. 4th I think and im just wondering if anyone who ordered around that time is getting theirs now. I got the standard edition (wheel, normal pedals, shifter).

I'm also going to be making a custom cockpit for it, probably out of PVC pipe, once I get home from college. If anyone has any tips please let me know.

I can't wait to start playing this game again. I've stopped until I get the wheel.

op_ivy said:
finally got my fanatec rennsport wheel stand but havent gotten to use it yet. the build quality is FANTASTIC though, so it should work extremely well. by the way, i skipped on the "xbox 360 conversion kit" to mount it, and i doubt it will be an issue to figure out how to secure both the wheel and pedals to the stand (i'll try zip ties tonight for a hopefully quick and easy fix).

It doesn't work too well ... I end up getting the adaptor. But now I don't have the 360 wheel, if you want it PM me and I will send it to fellow Gaffer if you don't mind paying the shipping cost.

I will send it after my final next week if you get back to me.

edit: I read above that you are in Cali so shipping should be nominal.

Jube3

XiaNaphryz said:
Not bad, but I think Jube can do a better P4 design. I was thinking about asking him to do one on commission or something actually. :lol

Persona 4 could be fun, Ill give it a shot after I knock out the sammax xmas car and smarkels collab.

op_ivy said:
FYI, i never got a shipping number (or even an idea of who shipped my item) and it took about 7-8 business days (i'm in CA)

It ship out from somewhere in California. Take about 5-6 days to get up here for me for both the wheels and stand the last time I order from them.

They send me cable adaptor from Germany, it seems, all replacement etc are handle from the main office in Germany. Slow but wonderful customer service. *sigh* I miss using my wheel, but at least I will be studying more than playing Forza 3 this week.

Ding said:
I too got the email from Fanatec, telling me that my wheel "will be shipped now". That combination of present and future tenses makes it hard for me to know exactly when they plan to ship, but I assume that's German for Real Soon Now. Did any of you'all get an actual tracking number?

Also, didn't I read that the regular (non-Clubsport) pedals were delayed, and would need to be shipped separately? That could potentially be a bummer. I shipped my old MS wheel and pedals off to my friend this past weekend, so I won't even have the option of using those pedals if/when I have to wait on the Fanatec version.

Oh well. Someday. For now, one of my cats is finding the Obutto cockpit to be super comfy spot to sleep on cold nights. :D (He's a stray kitten that we've been bringing into the garage at night.)

I got the confirmation tracking number and shipping notice last time they ship me the wheel, the email actually came after the wheel was already here though...

I was told the pedal are on back-order but they should have it back in 2 weeks, because I am still waiting for my replacement pedal....I am temp to use that $50.00 for the clubsport pedal.

We just pick up a stray also over Halloween ... turn out he belong to neighbor that move away. I really don't want pet but he is so darn cute and my kids/wife keep bugging me to keep him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Spaceman Spiff said:
That shot is said to be of the same car as the previous one. I'm certain the car in question is the Audi R15.

Yup, that confirms it. Pack needs some serious Zonda F / Cinque / R treatment. Make it happen, che.

enzo_gt said:
Yup, that confirms it. Pack needs some serious Zonda F / Cinque / R treatment. Make it happen, che.

BADNED already hinted that the Zonda R is in a few pages back. If it were up to me, though, all three would be included. Can never have enough Paganis.

op_ivy

op_ivy said:
finally got my fanatec rennsport wheel stand but havent gotten to use it yet. the build quality is FANTASTIC though, so it should work extremely well. by the way, i skipped on the "xbox 360 conversion kit" to mount it, and i doubt it will be an issue to figure out how to secure both the wheel and pedals to the stand (i'll try zip ties tonight for a hopefully quick and easy fix).

and here she is...

4153789541_1030df2813.jpg

worked like a dream and saved me a load of cash. i couldnt be happier with the rennsport, thing is sturdy as hell, even with zip ties!

Iknos

deadnoob said:
When did you guys order the wheel from fanatec? I ordered mine on Nov. 4th I think and im just wondering if anyone who ordered around that time is getting theirs now. I got the standard edition (wheel, normal pedals, shifter).

I've ordered around the same time and I figure it won't be until late December if this year at all. I think it will come late January or early February.

op_ivy said:
and here she is...

1496w51.jpg

worked like a dream and saved me a load of cash. i couldnt be happier with the rennsport, thing is sturdy as hell, even with zip ties!

Fixed the image to be more suitable for the thread. I always had the impression that it wasn't that sturdy but worth it because it was so portable.

I too am not playing but that's because I'm waiting for my 360 to get fixed. I don't know how you could resist the game I'm having cravings all the time.

op_ivy

Iknos said:
I always had the impression that it wasn't that sturdy but worth it because it was so portable.

from my research the rennsport is the sturdiest of this style wheel stand, the wheel stand pro is slightly less stable, but has more configuration options for fine tuning adjustments. both collapse down about the same.

Iknos said:
Fixed the image to be more suitable for the thread.

huh? oh, the compression artifacts! :lol

G Rom

It is the R15 indeed !
Audi_R15_3.jpg

The car model looks beautiful !:D

Edit : The spy shot #6 has already been identified as being the Jaaaaaaag XFR
jaguar_xfr_05.jpg

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So far:

2010 Audi S4
Ferrari 458 Italia
Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss
Lamborghini LP 670-4 SV
Audi R15 TDI
Jaguar XFR (not yet 100% confirmed).

4 to go, and am I correct in thinking out of 2 of those, 1 will be a GT-R, and the other a Pagani of some kind?

eso76

I ordered the wheel in August and still no email from Fanatec.
But i live in europe, i guess those of you getting your wheels/stands now are all in the US ?

Shaneus

Hopefully that with all these supercars coming out, the next pack will be cars that are slightly more attainable and tunable... can't think of any off the top of my head, but the odd token Aussie car would be nice!

eso76 said:
But i live in europe, i guess those of you getting your wheels/stands now are all in the US ?
Seems that way. (I have my stand though)

G Rom

cjelly said:
So far:

2010 Audi S4
Ferrari 458 Italia
Lamborghini LP 670-4 SV
Audi R15 TDI

4 to go, and am I correct in thinking out of 2 of those, 1 will be a GT-R, and the other a Pagani of some kind?

If the hints are any indication then yes there should be a GTR and a Zonda in those 4 cars. :D

The one that I'd really like to drive is the 599XX but I fear that it would have to be gimped otherwise it would be incredibly overpowered compared to the other R cars.

Even if the next 4 cars are just regular F class or something I would be happy, that's quite a good car pack if they keep the price fair. I only ever brought one car pack in F2 (the one with the FXX and Audi R8) because I felt the other packs were not required, I didn't want them.

Now how about that RWD expert hopper?

Magni

Diablohead said:
Even if the next 4 cars are just regular F class or something I would be happy, that's quite a good car pack if they keep the price fair. I only ever brought one car pack in F2 (the one with the FXX and Audi R8) because I felt the other packs were not required, I didn't want them.

Now how about that RWD expert hopper?

400 MSP, 50 cents per car, that's much better than 240 MSP for an avatar chicken :lol

h3ro

Only car I'm interested in is the R15.

FU M.Rossi and your damn Peugeot!

Also, I'm not a fan of the raising of the storefront cap to 50K. I know there are some marketplace superstars who are rolling around in 80 Million credits but I'm at level 50 and 26% done with the event list but I'm still at the point where buying one R level car along with a few tunes/liveries knocks me down to poverty level.

Turn10 should just give VIPs 5 million credits or something....:D

ShapeGSX

h3ro said:

Also, I'm not a fan of the raising of the storefront cap to 50K. I know there are some marketplace superstars who are rolling around in 80 Million credits but I'm at level 50 and 26% done with the event list but I'm still at the point where buying one R level car along with a few tunes/liveries knocks me down to poverty level.

I wish you accrued interest in the game in real time, similar to how you earn money in Fable II in real time.

G Rom

h3ro said:

Yeah I totally agree with that. While I'm ok with the painters getting the money they deserve, I think the game doesn't reward the other type of gamers enough. Racers get nowhere near half the money painters are earning. Same with photographers. I like doing photos and I've taken tons but in the end, the game doesn't reward me for that.

BTW, I've reached level 50 two or three days ago and I just began year number 4. :D
For the R1 races, I use the unrestricted Porsche RS Spyder. So much fun !:D
M Rossi is only messing with me at the starting line, after that I can catch up and overtake him. Sure he and the R10 TDI guy will be close but it's manageable.

Anyway, I need to start saving to buy all those future cars because for sure, they will be pricey !

op_ivy

cjelly said:
So far:

2010 Audi S4
Ferrari 458 Italia
Lamborghini LP 670-4 SV
Audi R15 TDI

i gotta say... in the future it sure would be nice if these dlc car packs, once purchased, put all cars in your garage. its incredibly lame that i have to pay real-world money AND in game money to actually be able to use these cars. this is especially an issue with a car pack like this where these cars (all of them) will cost upwards of many hundreds of thousands of in game credits.

i'm level 50, halfway through career season 6, but i have almost no cash. i own lots of cars, many upgraded and tuned and decked out with designs. i'm strapped. i wont buy this dlc simply because in all likely hood i wont be able to ever actually own half the cars in it.

che, turn 10, i implore you, make dlc content part of your garage automatically!

even from the rear shot the little aerodynamic details on the R15 looks awesome.

Hope it performs better in the game than in real life(yes it won sebring but it got whooped at Le Mans)

I find the R10 guy gives me more trouble than M. Rossi in the 908 in the R1 championship. I've been using the Acura's that were gifted to VIP's but when it comes to tracks like Le Mans I use my 908/R10 otherwise I wouldn't have a chance against them.

ShapeGSX

G Rom said:
Yeah I totally agree with that. While I'm ok with the painters getting the money they deserve, I think the game doesn't reward the other type of gamers enough. Racers get nowhere near half the money painters are earning. Same with photographers. I like doing photos and I've taken tons but in the end, the game doesn't reward me for that.

It would be awesome if you got money per photo view. Though that could be abused.

kinn

eso76 said:

Ordered in mid Sep and also had no email.

Just had the stand so far...

Hajaz

hi guys

i just bought an elite with forza3 packed in,

im abit confused about the whole dlc pack thing.
ive got one card witch says its for the dlc, but when i scratch of the coating, it sais; "subscription code
is this the dlc code or is it a live trial? its got 25 digits, and it wasnt in the game box, but in the consoles box along with the consoles manual..
ive looked around in the dash but i cant seem to find where to redeem it.
help?

also theres no live trial card in the box. isnt there supposed to be one?

edit, found it, its the dlc code alright.
weird that it didnt come with a live trial though, my launch 360 did have one, and so did my neighbours elite

Ziploc

Neo Member
Che, any word on the replay clutch/throttle sync bug? It makes replays sound really bad when you have no shifting assists on. :(

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
op_ivy said:
i gotta say... in the future it sure would be nice if these dlc car packs, once purchased, put all cars in your garage. its incredibly lame that i have to pay real-world money AND in game money to actually be able to use these cars. this is especially an issue with a car pack like this where these cars (all of them) will cost upwards of many hundreds of thousands of in game credits.

i'm level 50, halfway through career season 6, but i have almost no cash. i own lots of cars, many upgraded and tuned and decked out with designs. i'm strapped. i wont buy this dlc simply because in all likely hood i wont be able to ever actually own half the cars in it.

che, turn 10, i implore you, make dlc content part of your garage automatically!

This.
Holy fuck I didn't think about that!
Went from day1 purchase to day whenever -__-

What the fuck I'm a racer.
I like to use the fan made liveries here and then, but I bought the game to race.
The game doesn't reward me nearly enough for that.

I also vote for a DLC EXTREME Difficulty A.I.
I LOVE playing this game offline and I wanna be able to compete against F1's skilled-like drivers. TURN10 should bet also on the offline mode of this game, people played GT3 A-Spec for years for a reason, and giving me another level of A.I. would give me a reason to have many more 6 years runs in career mode.

GuessWho

op_ivy said:

it's not!??? uhhh, I have so little cash...and I barely spend on anything.

Dash Kappei said:
This.
Holy fuck I didn't think about that!
Went from day1 purchase to day whenever -__-

What the fuck I'm a racer.
I like to use the fan made liveries here and then, but I bought the game to race.
The game doesn't reward me nearly enough for that.

Yeah it does kind of suck how you have to spend in-game credits on DLC cars. But I am not understanding all these people hurting for money. I'm lvl 49 and have almost 3 million dollars. I have sold 1 car on the auction house for 300k. Other than that it's all been earned from pure racing. I spend quite freely as well. Do you guys have a lot of assists turned on or what?

Shaneus

On the note of assists... for the first time (pretty much ever, not counting the original Test Drive for PC) I've gone manual for a driving game, and oh man it's so much easier than I thought it would be! I now have all assists off (except for stability in the F50 GT) and braking line. Oh, and manual with auto clutch.

So satisfying.

The consensus seems to be that 7th car in the DLC pack is none other than the Lola-Aston Martin B09/60 LMP1. Personally, I'm very glad to see it in the game- the car is charismatic as hell with a gorgeous design. I was hoping to see it podium this year at Le Mans, but at least it can now in FM3. Three more cars to go now!

Image credit goes to TRE GlobeKIDD from the FM.net forums:

2vt45zr.jpg

Top Bottom