• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 |OT|

erahk64

Gek54 said:
I just tried FC and there seems to be a bit of center deadzone, not impressed at all with FC's force feedback, I will have to dig out my G25 tomorrow to compare. With GT5P the wheel works beautifully, zero complaints, better than G25 from what I can recall. Ill do a head to head later

Force feedback and physics got pretty low scores by Insidesimracing in their review of Ferrari Challenge and Supercar Challenge.

STG

Finally Complete :D
~112 hours driven
dp7ifr.jpg

STG

twinturbo2 said:
Any hints on how you did the 100K drift lap?

you can look in the store for a drift setup for example the silvia s13 (nissan)

after applying the drift setup go to leaderboards -> drift -> rwd -> fujimi kaido full

and try your best to have around 1000 drift points at every major corner, you can also use rewind

after some rounds you get the hang of it and you can get it

at least that is what I did, and it worked

oh and turn off all assists

Yoritomo

XiaNaphryz said:
My Fanatec wheel has shipped! Woot woot woot.

Hope to get it in the next few days since the distribution center is down in SoCal.

Same here, yet I'm in Texas... Maybe I'll take Friday off.

DJ_Lae

twinturbo2 said:
Any hints on how you did the 100K drift lap?

I did it in a hotlap (Fujima forward I think) with the Mitsubishi time attack Evo...whatever the S-class one is called. Took a couple of laps, and I barely squeezed it in at the end with a large enough drift to break 100k.

The weirdest part is that some straights let you fishtail back and forth and earn drift points, and others don't.

Iknos

Gek54 said:
It doesnt affect under-steering that I can tell

No it wouldn't I was just talking about the steering lock at different speeds. I'm just shooting off these replies I should spend more time being more explicit I guess.

If they would just give us the option for complete linearity all would be good.

I have to say that the physics are spectacular. I still think the body roll is a bit underepresented but it feels very very good and right now the best console racing sim by a clear measure.

It's just that when I'm playing with a 180 degree MS wheel it is very easy to counter steer to the point where I can easily save a lot of potential wipeouts and so I look forward to playing with the Fanatec for a more true to life experience with a 900 degree wheel where I have to work a bit harder to get my tires pointed in the right direction. But if there really is an assist it would do the physics a great disservice. I know I wasn't the only one that had the inclination that something was up and I think you may have found one possible reason.

I still had a lot of fun and until you start making mistakes you don't notice things like that. The feeling of the road is just so satisfying...I'm really hoping that the Fanatec wheel will enhance the experience.

lil smoke

Banned
op_ivy said:
i get a number of sound bugs in my game.

i get the occasional pop, but more often i get a much worse bug where sound effects, such as those under heavy breaking or acceleration, get "locked" in and thats what i'll hear for a second or two regardless of what is actually happening on screen. its very distracting to hear your car under full acceleration when in fact you are in the process of slowing down and taking a corner. this is a rather serious bug IMO as it can greatly affect my performance on the track. i havent noticed anyone else mention this though, is it my copy only?

in addition, there is the documented sound effect glitches on certain tracks where the wrong effect is played while racing. best example is towards the back side of leguna seca where every lap you hear your car go over rumble strips when you are in the middle of the track.

i also have the audio get a brief delay during the pre-race countdown in which the first second or so when the car pulls up to the line has no noise, then idle sound effects start as the car stops, and the brake squeak happens late. obviously this doesnt effect game play.

i've only seen a few other bugs that arent audio related. the reventon's dash display goes super wonky when i get live notifications, and on motegi's start countdown, the lines that the cars line up to glitch in and out constantly.
Page 4 eh?

Anyway, I get all of this, as well as the pause when "friends" are online. I have only experienced the pause however, when racing against AI in private mode.

The full throttle sound glitch seems most apparent at Catalunya and Sedona, and happens also on replays.

cjelly said:
Still waitin on DLC news... come on, Turn 10. Spill the beans.

Apparently, we should be getting some hints sometime later today:

Tuesday also marks when we start discussing our next DLC pack, named the Hot Holidays Car Pack. Like I've said before, this one is a doozy and sure to please many of our fans. Landin and I will be doing car teaser screenshot trivia where you tell us the name of the car based on a very difficult/cryptic photomode shot and we'll gift you something cool.

G Rom

I don't think it is the LP560.
I've "enhanced" the image :
4151518828_6476608218_o.png

Here is a rear light of a LP560 for comparison :
4151518830_38c6985829.jpg

Edit : After some further research, I'm putting my money on the SLR Stirling Moss :
mercedes-mclaren-slr-stirling-moss_5.jpg

SmokyDave

I thought the spy shot was the Balboni Gallardo but that circle on the enhanced version is too high to be the exhaust. I can't shake the feeling that is an Audi / Lamborghini flank though.

Edit: Looking again, that circle is probably the inside of a light cluster. I was looking at the image as if the lighter, upper part was the light. Maybe the darker area is a cluster with interior detail that is shaded out.

Arucardo

G Rom said:
I don't think it is the LP560.
I've "enhanced" the image :

Here is a rear light of a LP560 for comparison :

Edit : After some further research, I'm putting my money on the SLR Stirling Moss :
Good call, that does match.

G Rom

Well there are several evidences that lead me to think that it is the SLR.

1) We know for 99,99% that it is coming to DLC, thanks to TofuR leak.
2) The rear view mirror looks like it's shaped in the same way
3) The way the bodyworks separates next to the taillights looks similar
4) It looks like this car has LED judging by the tiny circles that we can see, SLR Stirling Moss has LED
5) There's a blank part between those supposedly LED circles and the left of the taillights, just like on the SLR

Another possibility is that it's too late, I'm reading too much thing in this image and I'm completely false !:lol

Edit : @SmokyDave : I've looked at all the recent Lamborghini that weren't in the game already and there's no match. Just the rear view mirror shape looks no where near a Lamborghini one. I can't see it being an Audi either. The only Audi to have such high taillights is the R8 and they look nothing like that. Plus the only road R8 (as it looks like a road car to me) that we don't have in the game is the V12 version but you can make it with a simple engine swap. Would be pretty disappointing to get a car we essentially already have.

SmokyDave

G Rom said:
Edit : @SmokyDave : I've looked at all the recent Lamborghini that weren't in the game already and there's no match. Just the rear view mirror shape looks no where near a Lamborghini one. I can't see it being an Audi either. The only Audi to have such high taillights is the R8 and they look nothing like that. Plus the only road R8 (as it looks like a road car to me) that we don't have in the game is the V12 version but you can make it with a simple engine swap. Would be pretty disappointing to get a car we essentially already have.

Yeah, as above I've changed my mind now I think that lower circle is the centre of the light cluster. Now I have no idea what it is. Google images aren't helping either.

lil smoke

Banned
ooo this game is about as fun as waiting for them to add hoppers to the list and waiting for low class road tracks. yay, tease us more, I love it!!

G Rom

G Rom said:
I also get errors on FM.net... :(

So, what do you think we will get in the first DLC ?
My guesses. :D

-2010 Nissan GT-R R35 Spec V (or a tuned one)
-2010 Pagani Zonda R
-2010 Audi S4
-2010 Ferrari 458 Italia
-2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport
-2010 Shelby GT500
-2010 Lamborghini Murcielago LP670 SV
-2010 Porsche Boxster S
-2010 Ferrari 599FX
-2009 McLaren Mercedes SLR Stirling Moss

I posted this list a couple of weeks ago. :D

SmokyDave

That's exactly what this game needs. It's sadly lacking in 4WD Audis.

If we must have more, can't they be Group B short wheelbase rally monsters? Maybe some old Auto Union racers?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
finally got my fanatec rennsport wheel stand but havent gotten to use it yet. the build quality is FANTASTIC though, so it should work extremely well. by the way, i skipped on the "xbox 360 conversion kit" to mount it, and i doubt it will be an issue to figure out how to secure both the wheel and pedals to the stand (i'll try zip ties tonight for a hopefully quick and easy fix).

Yoritomo

My Fanatec gets here on Friday. I got the table clamp in already. Damned thing is built from cast iron or something. It weighs a million pounds.

I've been taking a break cause I wanted to be able to progress in career mode while getting used to the wheel. Dragon Age was fun.

Ding

I too got the email from Fanatec, telling me that my wheel "will be shipped now". That combination of present and future tenses makes it hard for me to know exactly when they plan to ship, but I assume that's German for Real Soon Now. Did any of you'all get an actual tracking number?

Also, didn't I read that the regular (non-Clubsport) pedals were delayed, and would need to be shipped separately? That could potentially be a bummer. I shipped my old MS wheel and pedals off to my friend this past weekend, so I won't even have the option of using those pedals if/when I have to wait on the Fanatec version.

Oh well. Someday. For now, one of my cats is finding the Obutto cockpit to be super comfy spot to sleep on cold nights. :D (He's a stray kitten that we've been bringing into the garage at night.)

Leonsito

Ding said:
I too got the email from Fanatec, telling me that my wheel "will be shipped now". That combination of present and future tenses makes it hard for me to know exactly when they plan to ship, but I assume that's German for Real Soon Now. Did any of you'all get an actual tracking number?

Also, didn't I read that the regular (non-Clubsport) pedals were delayed, and would need to be shipped separately? That could potentially be a bummer. I shipped my old MS wheel and pedals off to my friend this past weekend, so I won't even have the option of using those pedals if/when I have to wait on the Fanatec version.

Oh well. Someday. For now, one of my cats is finding the Obutto cockpit to be super comfy spot to sleep on cold nights. :D (He's a stray kitten that we've been bringing into the garage at night.)

Amazing game on your avatar :D

Yoritomo

Ding said:

Dunno, I actually got the tracking number from UPS. On monday they updated Status online to delivered, on Tuesday I got the e-mail that they were shipping the wheel, and today I got the tracking number.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The Stirling Moss model doesn't look as crazy amazing as many of the other models in the game. Maybe its just the pictures.

enzo_gt said:
The Stirling Moss model doesn't look as crazy amazing as many of the other models in the game. Maybe its just the pictures.
They should have given it to some of the top photo takers and let them work their magic. :D

Top Bottom