• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Seanspeed

Banned
Doodis said:
Okay, serious question here - why is it such a big deal to everyone to drive with ABS, stability, and traction control off? Wouldn't almost all of these cars (aside from the older ones) have these assists on in real life? Isn't it all about getting the real-life driving experience?

I understand that maybe it's because of the challenge of it all, but for all the effort that goes into making these cars true-to-life, wouldn't people want a realistic driving experience as well?

Just curious. Sorry if this is a noob question...
Speaking purely for myself, I simply dont like having my hand held. Turning driver aids off gives you a better feeling of being 'in control'.

And I'm also a big motorsport fan, and most racing series do not allow ABS and traction control and whatnot.

Shaneus

I have to say, though... I'm really surprised with the response T10 have received, at least on FB. That 300 comments could be posted in the space of a little over a minute is pretty good, especially considering it's only to get a demo of a game 2 days before everyone else. Word of mouth must be getting out!

Xanadu

Banned
Shaneus said:
I have to say, though... I'm really surprised with the response T10 have received, at least on FB. That 300 comments could be posted in the space of a little over a minute is pretty good, especially considering it's only to get a demo of a game 2 days before everyone else. Word of mouth must be getting out!
racing sims always have great core fans

Gowans

Gota hit the sack, can't wait to get back on the times tomorrow.

Still think we need a dedicated demo thread for some competition.

It's so pretty, I could watch the car select screen cycle all day.

Peterthumpa

Diablohead said:
There is demo codes going around?

Oh man I NEED THIS
image.php

EDIT - damn party-pooper avatar.

kamkor

Neo Member
Code would be nice indeed. :p

Can you guys give some physics impressions? Is simulation steering 100% linear? Are there any steering buffers?

dejay

Banned
Hey MS, how about giving codes to the stupid bastards who purchased three of your systems because the shitty refurbs you shipped back didn't last two months?

Jamesways

Mascot said:
Jube is gonna hook up ForzaGAF with early codes. Check your PMs.

(I just made that up, but hopefully Jube feels guilty enough to make it happen)

Only the favored shall gain codes. So it is written.

Doodis said:
Okay, serious question here - why is it such a big deal to everyone to drive with ABS, stability, and traction control off? Wouldn't almost all of these cars (aside from the older ones) have these assists on in real life? Isn't it all about getting the real-life driving experience?

I understand that maybe it's because of the challenge of it all, but for all the effort that goes into making these cars true-to-life, wouldn't people want a realistic driving experience as well?

Just curious. Sorry if this is a noob question...
That's exactly it, the challenge. It's still a game you play for fun. There are a million other reasons why it's nowhere near like the real thing, so turning off that stuff makes near as no difference in grand scheme of things. Having more fun is infinitely more important.

Shaneus

This is really, really, really good. Just did my first lap in the Scooby, hard difficulty with ABC, "normal" steering (there's three levels, assisted, normal and sim), STM on and TCS off and hard opponent difficulty.

I can see that this is going to have a difficulty level that's easy to tailor for pretty much everyone. The AI felt really good, too.

Two main things I picked up as well... 30fps mirrors (which aren't that noticable, really) and you can't turn the in-race music off in the demo. I want to hear those cars roar, damnit! From what I can hear, the engines sound amazing, though.

skyfinch

Quick impressions.

Okay, I'm not a huge physics nut, but the game, with steering assist on (normal) feels like FM3. With it off, it feels very different. You really have to fight the car to keep it where you want it. Hard to explain. Never had any problems keeping control of the 458 in FM3, but with steering assists off, you have to fight every turn. It just feels better than FM3.

The demo is not from E3....I think. This one has spectators, while the E3 one did not.

The Zonda sounds like a got damn BEAST! And is so fun to drive.

Rear view mirror is my only grip so far. It was very choppy. Less than 30fps at times.

Anyway, I got to put in as much Gears 3 as I can before Oct 11. FM4 is going to take up all my time. LOVING IT!

Shaneus

Bahahaha. Just on the pause screen, Eckberg is one of the drivers. No M. Rossi... yet.

enzo_gt said:
I will vouch for this till I die:

Forza Motorsport |OT| PGR4 is a pretty cool game huh?
Yes! Though from what I've played of this... FM4 will come very close. Something FM3 wasn't quite able to do, despite (technically) being better in most aspects.

Snubbers

I've been busting my ass to get a racing cockpit finished this week!

I had to do it on a budget, it started when I snagged a Gamepod GTX bare chassis for £130.. Check out the FIA approved racing seat!
xodsBl.jpg

After hearing about LarryB's giveaway I went and spent 2 hours sweating like a pig to get the last of the wiring done.. it's all ready to go, I'll be covering all exposed 'wood' and bracketry with some Carbon Wrap
SnEHPl.jpg

I was hoping the planets would align and I'd get a code, but alas.. :(

Of course if someone wants to throw a code this way... :)

Minimaul

drugstore_cowboy said:
Yes it was!

Like a fool I saved the worst for last, zero entertainment toward the end.

I saved the better of what I had to finish for last. I was recovering from knee surgery so I had two weeks basically on the couch on my ass doing nothing but racing.

Snubbers said:
I've been busting my ass to get a racing cockpit finished this week!

I had to do it on a budget, it started when I snagged a Gamepod GTX bare chassis for £130.. Check out the FIA approved racing seat!
http://i.imgur.com/xodsBl.jpg

After hearing about LarryB's giveaway I went and spent 2 hours sweating like a pig to get the last of the wiring done.. it's all ready to go, I'll be covering all exposed 'wood' and bracketry with some Carbon Wrap
http://i.imgur.com/SnEHPl.jpg

I was hoping the planets would align and I'd get a code, but alas.. :(

Of course if someone wants to throw a code this way... :)

I think you should stick with the blue chair :D

Forza Motorsport - Turn 10 Studios Game Page
Wow that was a lot of comments thanks for everyone that replied, we will more questions with codes to giveaway in a few minutes.
!
Grats to Guillaume Deslauriers Brûlé for coming in first with the 2012 BMW m5, here are the 9 randomly chosen:
Josef Benton
Bruno Perencin Morassi
See More
9767 · Like · · Share · 11 minutes ago

Get ready folks :lol

Top Bottom