• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
New page.

G Rom said:
Found all the original links on Forzamotorsport.fr so credit to them.

5982372608_433dd72194_o.jpg

5981811943_dd1f5b191d_o.jpg

5982373004_3c00ebd4a2_o.jpg

5981812301_eecc895d4f_o.jpg

5982369234_e25446f470_o.jpg

5981808707_67b56a8028_o.jpg

5981808981_e184659452_o.jpg

5981809179_5131a4393c_o.jpg

5981809409_6acc2fe68c_o.jpg

5982370290_546df734fa_o.jpg

5982370478_3e013790dd_o.jpg

5981809951_365192a67d_o.jpg

5981810399_b3534d5d49_o.jpg

5982371306_1b3be7ab66_o.jpg

5982371610_42143ac420_o.jpg

5981811155_3e53aa2656_o.jpg

5982372168_aa5a210f99_o.jpg

5981811569_41ee8c6da6_o.jpg

So :
- TVR Sagaris in Autovista
- They began to work on the Aventador at least
- Another strong sign of weather
- First image of the Agera
- Top Gear Drag confirmed ? (line on the track map of the Agera screen)

Mascot said:

You go in the direction of were the arrow is pointing? lol

Anyway for the weather I'm just seeing as temperatures so far. No big deal lol.. But who knows.

The UI shit looks clean as fuck, I love it.

Mascot

G Rom said:
- Another strong sign of weather

Not convinced. That's just temperature (or humidity?).
If it said "dry" or "wet" I'd be turning cartwheels, but it just looks like bad use of language to me. Very odd.

Mascot

Slayer-33 said:
You go in the direction of were the arrow is pointing? lol

No, confused how you can race a Silverstone stage on Mugello at the Bernese Alps..!

Seems odd, again. The UI screens look like shops or mock-ups. Why else is the creator of a couple of them credited?

Mascot

shinnn said:
The images come from a Turn10 employee portfolio page.

Those are not official Turn10 images. Probably just placeholders that the UI guy used.

Looks like a old build too. The HUD is the same as the Major Nelson pre-E3 video.

Aha! Thanks Shinnn. Oddness explained.

Edit: from his CV:
Take reference images/video to design first person digital gauges for in-game experience. Texture map high and low poly cars for showroom and in-game actuality. Recreate start up animations based on reference video examples. Take concept art to develop futuristic driving experiences.

Thought this might be something exciting but is probably referring to the gauges on the dashboard...

DasRaven

U n i o n 0015 said:
Porsche just needs to quit the BS license exclusivity stuff. It makes no sense to park your brand at a single company when you can get it out there in multiple franchises.

I have a feeling we'll see Porsche, but it's just my gut talking. T10 has been good at including so-called "unlicensed" cars. Just look at all the rumor talk in 2009 when the R35 Nissan GT-R wasn't in Forza 3 at launch.

I'm already of the opinion that I'll not purchase any more EA games featuring Porsche if indeed they've prevented them from appearing in Forza 4.
I enjoyed Hot Pursuit, but T10 made far better use of the Porsche license in Forza 3, so I doubt I'll be missing much.

Hopefully, low sales will drive Porsche to a more studio agnostic posture.

Xanadu

Banned
flyinpiranha said:
Very minimal. I like that. One thing I really don't like about some racers is the over abundance of information on the screen that you can't turn off.
agreed, that screenshot makes me very happy, cockpits are way WAY better than forza 3, they may be just as good as GT5 actually, and the gloves!! i can see FM4 being my fav racer of this gen on consoles

G Rom

Updated the Autovista car list :

McLaren F1
Enzo Ferrari
Ferrari 458 Italia
Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
Ferrari California
Lexus LFA
McLaren Mercedes-Benz SLR
Peugeot 908 HDi FAP
Ford GT
Lamborghini LP670-4 SV
Lamborghini Reventon
Aston Martin One-77
Spyker C8 Laviolette LM85
Bugatti Veyron
Koenigsegg CCX
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG
Gumpert Apollo S
Pagani Zonda Cinque Roadster
Ferrari F40
TVR Sagaris
BMW M5 F10

Slayer-33 said:
New page.

Real men have 100 posts per pages
and are annoyed by 50 posts per pages people reposting stuff. :p

Special J said:
when gamescom

August 17-21.

G Rom said:
Real men have 100 posts per pages
and are annoyed by 50 posts per pages people reposting stuff. :p
Even if you can't admit that I'm right and Porsche won't be in, I'll be the bigger man here. You're right G Rom. Real men have 100 posts per page. This is how you browse NeoGAF!

Bgamer90

Banned
I hate to "be that guy" (lol) but I gotta admit that I'm kinda annoyed by the "Place 1/1".

The place should be removed from the HUD during those cases.

MrTroubleMaker said:
Has it been stated somewhere if the retail pre-order cars will be available later as dlc?
I want them all

Don't believe so, but I am sure they will...eventually.

They had better be, I want that 1M Coupe, but had to settle for the STi with my Amazon order.

G Rom

brotkasten said:
August 17-21.

Even if you can't admit that I'm right and Porsche won't be in, I'll be the bigger man here. You're right G Rom. Real men have 100 posts per page. This is how you browse NeoGAF!

I'll never stop believing until all DLCs for FM4 are released !! :lol

Bgamer90 said:
I hate to "be that guy" (lol) but I gotta admit that I'm kinda annoyed by the "Place 1/1".

The place should be removed from the HUD during those cases.

Real men play with no HUD.

Seriously what's wrong with some of you tonight ? :p

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
G Rom said:
I'll never stop believing until all DLCs for FM4 are released !! :lol

I hope we have more individual hud elements control.

Dunno if they unlinked lap time and position (I think they might be linked in 3) gotta check.

New info. Geeeeez, I'm away for one minute and all these screens. I'm loving it that the TVR is in for Autovista :)

Anyways, whilst I'm posting, I'm not at all happy about the Cossie pic being posted with all the compression shit, gives me no hope for non compressed photos! I'll be over the moon if someone can ask what the deal is when at Gamecom.

Bgamer90

Banned
G Rom said:

I didn't know that lol.

Oh well... I do and the "place 1/1" is a bit annoying to me when I see it (I have "OCD like" qualities).

Mascot

Slayer-33 said:
Fine by me, we got other environments for backgrounds at least :p dem ceiling lights son DEM CEILING lights. Dat soft lighting.

Casual boast time: I was lucky enough to spend a glorious seven hours at McLaren in Woking today, wandering up and down the MP4-12C production line, closely watching the cars getting assembled, tested, dyno'd, and driven around. After this visit there's no doubt in my mind that the Autovista 'white warehouse' has to be inspired by the MTC and MPC facilities, and if it IS the only Autovista environment then I'll have no problem with that at all. The clean, clinical almost laboratory 'blank canvas' conditions are just perfect for showcasing the cars and making sure they remain the main focus of attention, while all the white surfaces ensure they are lit from every angle imaginable, even from below from the reflective porcelain tiles.

I was always slightly disappointed by the aesthetics of the MP4 form videos and photographs, but holy crap they do look absolutely gorgeous in the flesh.

Highlight of the day was still getting up close and personal with three F1s, though: a production model, GT version and the longtail, all casually parked side-by-side amongst other McLarens from the past. I was grinning like a Cheshire cat for the rest of the day after sniffing around those three. Oh, and being in one of the machine shops while formula one components were being prototyped was pretty cool too.

Interestingly there was also a 458 Italia and (I think) a 599 parked around the back, possibly awaiting some inquisitive men with spanners... ;)

Great day, still buzzing from it!

Watevaman

Are the new shaders going to allow us to replicate different wheel paint types now? I remember trying to get a matte white wheel color on so many cars in Forza 3 but it always looked so glossy.

adelante

shinnn said:
Today Forza Garage

1957 Ford Thunderbird (new)
1993 Ford SVT Cobra R
2010 Ford Taurus SHO

http://futureclassicsnj.com/Cars/57Tbirdreddsf.jpg[/I/MG]

:D[/QUOTE]fuckin hell I'm browsing thru this thread on my iphone and thinking, that can't be a screenshot can it?? hahah

:(

Slayer-33 said:
Fuck I can't see that shit from my iPod at work.

Bunny you know you'll be FM4's ho after you are done with ARKC ;p

Damn skippy! Considering how much FM3 I still play, 4 will likely keep me occupied until 5 releases. On the Next Box, of course.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Mascot said:
Not convinced. That's just temperature (or humidity?).
If it said "dry" or "wet" I'd be turning cartwheels, but it just looks like bad use of language to me. Very odd.

this. saying the temp of the track should not be taken as a clue for weather. no should a car setting for wet conditions on the dash board. if the real car has such a setting, it will show up in f4 even if you never see wet roads.

EDIT: the sagaris! woot, i love that monstrosity :p

shinnn

t_forzams4_careermode_ko2d.jpg

The two points near each other looks like Spa and Nurburgring. But the third one is too far to be Hockenheim.

edit: and the other screen shows one more point lol

t_forzams4_careermode_id9i.jpg

Mascot

New videos? Awesome!

Focussing the camera on the dude's (John Wendl?) head instead of on THE FUCKING SCREEN? Epic fail..!

Why even have his head in there? It's not even like he's got a funny moustache or anything.

Still - information is starting to be released again. WooooooHoooooo!

op_ivy said:
this. saying the temp of the track should not be taken as a clue for weather. no should a car setting for wet conditions on the dash board. if the real car has such a setting, it will show up in f4 even if you never see wet roads.

EDIT: the sagaris! woot, i love that monstrosity :p
True........but that would be a function that could be turned off it wouldn't be permanently on. If somone knows what cars dashboard that is we could do some more digging.

Top Bottom