• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

G Rom

Watevaman said:
Thing is, the Elite would be $30 with the credit whereas the other would be $170. I also owned an Elite before and it wasn't loud at all, and 120GB is more than enough for what I'll be doing, but 4GB isn't enough. Otherwise I'd get the 4GB slim.

But whatever, as long as Forza 4 is in my hands.

Problem is that if you buy an Elite, you're in for a lottery. You could end up with a kinda silent Elite (relative to the fat 360s) but you could also end up with a jet engine Elite like mine. I can't really justify (nor afford) to replace my Elite by a Slim but if I could, I would in a heart beat.
FM3's career screen saver already makes my 360 ramp up the fans like crazy so I don't want to know what Autovista will do to it... :/

Just saw the new Need For Speed gameplay trailer. I saw Porsche, Lambo, Lotus, a Trans Am, but no Ferrari.

I hope you guys like RUF as much as Porsche. :D

supersaw

Shaneus said:
With any luck, the next screen will be a 911 GT3 RS driving at night, in the rain... around Bathurst.

ccy1o.gif

More likely than not it will be multiple Hyundai announcements.

Neo 007

G Rom said:
I respectfully disagree :

1-Ralph-Laurens-1962-Ferrari-250-GTO.jpg

Seeing it in real life back in June cemented my thought that the 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO is the most beautiful car ever created. This is probably my most wanted car in FM4 too (Autovista please !!).

We've finally got the right McLaren F1 and the right Zonda so there's hope that we'll get the right 250 GTO.
Wasn't there another "Bodied one"...It had a slightly lower roofline.

Scaglietti Body I think??

G Rom

Just release this megaton screenshot and go in blackout mode until GC. Now that would be cruel.

Neo 007 said:
Wasn't there another "Bodied one"...It had a slightly lower roofline.

Scaglietti Body I think??

The 1964 250 GTO is one you might be thinking of :
f330gto_hh_05.jpg

It's this (inferior) version that we have in Forza right now.

saladine1

brotkasten said:
:lol Forza-Age would explode.

I'm still skeptical about Porsche.
Do you think they knew what they were doing when announcing the RUF pre order thing?
I mean, did they sit down and think, "We will release the RUF and make people think that Porsche isn't it,lol"...

saladine1 said:
Do you think they knew what they were doing when announcing the RUF pre order thing?
I mean, did they sit down and think, "We will release the RUF and make people think that Porsche isn't it,lol"...
Do you realize what you just said? You said that Turn10's marketing team was thinking. Thinking about something. Thinking about their actions and the consequences. Turn 10 marketing.

I really like you, mate, but that's just too silly.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
derFeef said:
A badly shopped banner.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/Default.aspx

You guys don't see it? lol..

0iJdz.jpg

5306876.jpg

Styled by Saab's current design boss, Jason Castriota, the Tuatara will use a 1,331bhp twin-turbo 7.0-litre V8, sending power to the rear wheels through a seven-speed manual or a seven-speed robotised manual gearbox. Performance figures are yet to be released but the aim is clear - to surpass the Super Sport's 258mph top speed.

G Rom

Yes we see the banner Slayer but what's your point ?
Top Gear Tuesday has been going on pretty much since they announced the TG partnership.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
G Rom said:
Yes we see the banner Slayer but what's your point ?
Top Gear Tuesday has been going on pretty much since they announced the TG partnership.

I wonder why they would post about it lol.. maybe we'll get the car too

The article is not up I think

I'm in
dave-chappelle-crackhead.jpg
mode now bro.

G Rom

Slayer-33 said:
I wonder why they would post about it lol.. maybe we'll get the car too

The article is not up I think

Because Top Gear talked about it both on their website and during "the news" this week ?
The SSC will most likely end up in Forza at some point but I don't think we can take everything they show during Top Gear tuesday as granted.

Pro-tip : The articles always show up earlier in the news section of the website ! ;)

G Rom said:
Because Top Gear talked about it both on their website and during "the news" this week ?
The SSC will most likely end up in Forza at some point but I don't think we can take everything they show during Top Gear tuesday as granted.

Pro-tip : The articles always show up earlier in the news section of the website ! ;)
Pfft, whatever man. Porsche is still no in the game.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
brotkasten said:
He did? I didn't know that.
Don't know why they wouldn't just include them in the announcement trailer's montage of manufacturer's. Doesn't seem worthy to hold something back like that as a separate announcement unless they're clearing licensing or something.

enzo_gt said:
Don't know why they wouldn't just include them in the announcement trailer's montage of manufacturer's. Doesn't seem worthy to hold something back like that as a separate announcement unless they're clearing licensing or something.
I agree and it should be mentioned that the FM3 E3 demo had Porsche. :p

Any guesses if they're going to cut cars that were in Forza 3?

I figured we'd have all of them plus more considering MS gave everyone an extra gig of disc space with the security update...

thundr51

Put in my preorder fo the LCE yesterday while picking up Catherine. Now I just need to finish the season on F3 and i'll be all set.

G Rom

We know that Porsche is a licensing nightmare (EA has to approve every media released by the licensee for example). Maybe they reached an agreement with EA for the license just weeks ago ?

What I don't understand is that we got dozens of interviews from E3 and not a single journalist asked a question about Porsche when we already knew about the RUF pre-order and the missing logo in the leaked trailer ffs !
Just goes to show how much racing is ignored by journalists... :-/

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
G Rom said:
We know that Porsche is a licensing nightmare (EA has to approve every media released by the licensee for example). Maybe they reached an agreement with EA for the license just weeks ago ?

What I don't understand is that we got dozens of interviews from E3 and not a single journalist asked a question about Porsche when we already knew about the RUF pre-order and the missing logo in the leaked trailer ffs !
Just goes to show how much racing is ignored by journalists... :-/

sVRge.png

Had to do it, LOL

Porsche just needs to quit the BS license exclusivity stuff. It makes no sense to park your brand at a single company when you can get it out there in multiple franchises.

I have a feeling we'll see Porsche, but it's just my gut talking. T10 has been good at including so-called "unlicensed" cars. Just look at all the rumor talk in 2009 when the R35 Nissan GT-R wasn't in Forza 3 at launch.

G Rom

Found all the original links on Forzamotorsport.fr so credit to them.

Ryan Scott Lee on his website said:
Dynamic Loading screens for Forza Motorsport 4. A series of screens would cycle as the game mode was being loaded. Screens would show the user a)what car they were driving, b)the event that was about to start, c)which part of the map/course they were about to race, d)the type of weather conditions and e)controller/kinect controls. Controller and Kinect graphics were created by Taras Lesko.

5982372608_433dd72194_o.jpg

5981811943_dd1f5b191d_o.jpg

5982373004_3c00ebd4a2_o.jpg

5981812301_eecc895d4f_o.jpg

5982369234_e25446f470_o.jpg

5981808707_67b56a8028_o.jpg

5981808981_e184659452_o.jpg

5981809179_5131a4393c_o.jpg

5981809409_6acc2fe68c_o.jpg

5982370290_546df734fa_o.jpg

5982370478_3e013790dd_o.jpg

5981809951_365192a67d_o.jpg

5981810399_b3534d5d49_o.jpg

5982371306_1b3be7ab66_o.jpg

5982371610_42143ac420_o.jpg

5981811155_3e53aa2656_o.jpg

5982372168_aa5a210f99_o.jpg

5981811569_41ee8c6da6_o.jpg

So :
- TVR Sagaris in Autovista
- They began to work on the Aventador at least
- Another strong sign of weather
- First image of the Agera
- Top Gear Drag confirmed ? (line on the track map of the Agera screen)

Mascot

Holy crap! Information overload! Sex weeeeee!

EDIT: Looks like Dan's Dungeon might be the only Autovista environment...

EDIT 2: Alpinestars gloves...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
Holy crap! Information overload! Sex weeeeee!

EDIT: Looks like Dan's Dungeon might be the only Autovista environment...

Fine by me, we got other environments for backgrounds at least :p dem ceiling lights son DEM CEILING lights. Dat soft lighting.

5981809409_6acc2fe68c_o.jpg

Looks hot, look at the map. Point to point? TG track one of the drag strips confirmed? New gloves, cockpit shadows don't look buggy.

Woooohooo.

I hope the FOV is adjustable. It looks good in some cars, bad in others.

For example, it looks a bit too far back in that particular shot for my taste. Let us adjust it on the fly, T10!

Top Bottom