• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

ShapeGSX

modulaire said:
I think I will have to turn down the contrast/highlights in the final game. It's just a bit too much.

You can't trust off screen captures. The camera was exposing the presenter correctly, but that made it blow out the highlights of the TV. Your eyes won't do that.

Mascot

fm4_event_listx9a1.jpg

Why does this screen remind me of my old Commodore Vic-20? WHY?

It's driving me mad!

EDIT: Solved. Matrix or Centipede.
As you were.

KageMaru

Xanadu said:
why would they limit it for single player? silly

I'm only going off of a quote earlier in the thread:

paskowitz said:
12 cars on track for single player.

16 cars on track for multi player.

Unlimited cars sometimes?

Also like amar pointed out, there are logical reasons why the game may be limited in single player.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
ShapeGSX said:
You can't trust off screen captures. The camera was exposing the presenter correctly, but that made it blow out the highlights of the TV. Your eyes won't do that.

well, at least i hope the draw distance was improved. road atlanta's is only like 200 feet!

Mascot

shinnn said:
thanks.. so no Blue Mountain in the map.. Maybe Alpine Ring... =p

Earlier maps only had 3 or 4 dots. Either they appear as the locations are unlocked in SP or T10 are keeping some from us.

What I'm trying to say is, just because you can't see a dot doesn't necessarily mean it's not there..!

shinnn

Mascot said:
Earlier maps only had 3 or 4 dots. Either they appear as the locations are unlocked in SP or T10 are keeping some from us.

What I'm trying to say is, just because you can't see a dot doesn't necessarily mean it's not there..!
Yes I know. Even the GT video has 2 different maps. The first one could be just the locations for Amateur events.

saladine1

soundscream said:
Turn 10 does not recognize the continent of Australia.
Don't worry,it'll be there. When the Bathurst track comes up in the tour,the camera will pan down to the Great Southern Land..

Anyway, 57 Thunderbirds are go!..It's nice to see another classic car,very nice!

So we have car soccer, car bowling. Who's up for some car tennis?

saladine1 said:
Don't worry,it'll be there. When the Bathurst track comes up in the tour,the camera will pan down to the Great Southern Land..

Anyway, 57 Thunderbirds are go!..It's nice to see another classic car,very nice!

So we have car soccer, car bowling. Who's up for some car tennis?

I heard Dan is an arachnophobiac hence the no Aussie love.

Edit: I am scared of spiders but some cant handle it so a compromise

ferrari-f430-spider-1.jpg

Ferrari F430 Spider

DD

Too sad they've forget the South America. The brazilian track in Forza 1 was so awesome. =(

Also, I'd love to see the San Luis track (in Argentina). =(

commedieu

Banned
Psychotext said:
I'm trying to remember which ones ended up with 16 players and I'm struggling a bit... I know there were some. Maybe I'll have to boot it up later and have a look. :)

You can set any GT race to 16 players in sp arcade/online. And the 'harder' later races in a series are usually 16.

G Rom

I'm so jealous of those with preview version ! :p
Autovista will be awesome.

About the Top Gear track : I hope they add shadows for the tires. It was ok for the few cones around some tracks in FM2 and FM3 but since the TGTT consist only of cones and tires, it looks weird.

G Rom

This ISR Autovista video is pure awesomeness. The details are just insane ! (yes I'm aware that it's only one car on screen and that we won't see those models in "normal" gameplay or replay conditions)

Fake edit : Shit, new screens after those new videos. We can't handle that media overload after being starved for two months ! :lol

shinnn said:
TTG Replay footage (a bunch of cars)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ROZyZ_J-w

InsideSimRacing Autovista footage (offscreen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzwhDiGJuTs
Something seems off with how the cars' physics look in the TGTT video. They don't bounce around enough and seem to sit way too flat on cornering. Hopefully that is just a preview physics test and not what we see in the final release...

Also, something doesn't look right about the Ferrari 456(??? I'm bad with Ferrari models [TBH couldn't really care less if it isn't the F40, 250, or 308GTB]). Seems a bit 'fake' looking. Even the 'NEW' Ferrari looks like a toy car compared to the Kia and the Lamborghini.

Or is it just me?

commedieu

Banned
evil_as_skeletor said:
Something seems off with how the cars' physics look in the TGTT video. They don't bounce around enough and seem to sit way too flat on cornering. Hopefully that is just a preview physics test and not what we see in the final release...

Also, something doesn't look right about the Ferrari 456(??? I'm bad with Ferrari models [TBH couldn't really care less if it isn't the F40, 250, or 308GTB]). Seems a bit 'fake' looking. Even the 'NEW' Ferrari looks like a toy car compared to the Kia and the Lamborghini.

Or is it just me?

Its the shaders.

Wheel/Headlight/Paint.

G Rom said:
This ISR Autovista video is pure awesomeness. The details are just insane ! (yes I'm aware that it's only one car on screen and that we won't see those models in "normal" gameplay or replay conditions)

Fake edit : Shit, new screens after those new videos. We can't handle that media overload after being starved for two months ! :lol

Loved the noises
coke sniffing?
at the start of the video. LOL

commedieu said:
Its the shaders.

Wheel/Headlight/Paint.
What about the way the cars on track look?

They corner flat and the wheels just turn without any bodyroll. It looks so great only to be ruined by dumb stuff like that.
It also looks way to squirmy on small steering inputs (especially evident on the fiesta video posted after that one). Kinda looks like it's driving on wet ice; the car is going dead ahead while the wheels are franticly tooing and froing on steering input.
Massively ruins the 'illusion'.

They have made an awesome effort in recreating the TGTT though. Easily craps on 'the other game's' representation...

And the movement of the in car view is excellent and a vast improvement, although it does contradict what is going on in exterior view.

Getting so pumped for more reveals though!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Really? a M5 on the cover?

A blue M5? Good lord what terrible choice for Boxart. One of the things MS should really do is use some class man. This is as vanilla as it gets for a box.

WrikaWrek said:

A blue M5? Good lord what terrible choice for Boxart. One of the things MS should really do is use some class man. This is as vanilla as it gets for a box.

FM2 had a 350z on the cover, so I would consider this a step up :p

WrikaWrek said:

So....what about the R8 on the last box? Was that horrible too? M5 is a amazing car

LQX

evil_as_skeletor said:

Or is it just me?
You are not alone. Video looked off to me also. Also there is a slowness to the cars which I don't like. Its like they are going 30mph while the background is going 80 in the video. I get no sense of speed from the cars.

adelante

Goddamnit, no media in a long ass while and now we're getting all these?? I'm having an information brainfreeze here! >___<

Those screenshots are freaking gorgeous

saladine1

Fuck me, that was the best Autovista video yet and holy crap does it look amazing!
The sounds in the TG video people..the fucking sounds...Can.Not.Fucking.Wait.

Edit: I'm sorry but the Autovista showcase is one of if not the best looking things i've seen in a game...astonishing Turn10, absolutely astonishing!!

Top Bottom