• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

benzy

Something seems off with how the cars' physics look in the TGTT video. They don't bounce around enough and seem to sit way too flat on cornering. Hopefully that is just a preview physics test and not what we see in the final release...

Yeah, the cars seem to lack realistic body roll and suspension work like in previous Forzas. The actual physics is pretty good, but it doesn't translate visually and all of the cars look like they have very stiff suspension.

Also, something doesn't look right about the Ferrari 456(??? I'm bad with Ferrari models [TBH couldn't really care less if it isn't the F40, 250, or 308GTB]). Seems a bit 'fake' looking. Even the 'NEW' Ferrari looks like a toy car compared to the Kia and the Lamborghini.

Or is it just me?

The F458 Italia looks okay to me, but the Gallardo and the Ferrari 612 shows the same shading and paint material issues as in previous games. The lighting is much better though.

G Rom

Can't wait to see Slayer's reaction to all of this. It will be beyond isamu's level of loosing shit ! :lol

Edit : Reposting for real new page.

shinnn said:
TTG Replay footage (a bunch of cars)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ROZyZ_J-w

InsideSimRacing Autovista footage (offscreen):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzwhDiGJuTs

shinnn said:
and here we go

screenshot_261432i70l.jpg

screenshot_261431u7wr.jpg

screenshot_261430o7ng.jpg

screenshot_2614298719.jpg

screenshot_261437k7i7.jpg

screenshot_261436i7cg.jpg

screenshot_26143537lg.jpg

screenshot_261434b7v7.jpg

screenshot_261433472q.jpg

screenshot_261439z72o.jpg

screenshot_26143837yh.jpg

shinnn said:

amar212 said:
That is the happiest driving enviroment I have ever seen in my life.

BMC9u.jpg

Snubbers

saladine1 said:
Fuck me, that was the best Autovista video yet and holy crap does it look amazing!
The sounds in the TG video people..the fucking sounds...Can.Not.Fucking.Wait.

Edit: I'm sorry but the Autovista showcase is one of if not the best looking things i've seen in a game...astonishing Turn10, absolutely astonishing!!

I know what you mean, I had a 'they even modelled the lugnuts!' moments when it zoomed in on the GT's headlights and the brake calipers having the retaining springs etc!!!

G Rom

Snubbers said:
I know what you mean, I had a 'they even modelled the lugnuts!' moments when it zoomed in on the GT's headlights and the brake calipers having the retaining springs etc!!!

2vcwcpy.jpg

:lol

I wish they'd announce what kind of stuff is going over from Forza 3 to 4, give us a little jump on what might be worthwhile to collect in the next coming months.

saladine1

Snubbers said:
Lol, I was going to post the lug nut comment but figured no one would've remembered it. That's a classic among classics..
Edit: Can someone post some shots from the Autovista video..?

saladine1 said:
Lol, I was going to post the lug nut comment but figured no one would've remembered it. That's a classic among classics..
Edit: Can someone post some shots from the Autovista video..?

You no like Merc'y the autovista mascot

BMC9u.jpg

G Rom

We know Alpinstar and HANS are in the the game and we know that AIs will have different outfits. I'm not sure but I also think BADNED hinted at customizable outfits. (hard to remember everything BADNED hinted at... :D)

Every Forza gamer remember that video saladine, it's up there with the "turn car lovers into gamers and gamers into car lovers" or "with Image Based Lighting, the car looks really seated in the environment"... :p

I'm currently downloading the video, I'll post screenshots after. :)

saladine1

Forza 4 "preview":

I work on the Microsoft campus and worked at their annual Product Fair yesterday morning where all the orgs set up a huge fair and demo their projects to the rest of the company. While on a break I took a look in the MS Game Studios booth and was stoked to see the latest build of Forza 4 running on 2 kiosks. I played for about 30 minutes while chatting with a couple of artists from Turn 10 and I can say this........................

....Sound: Here I would say it's a tie.(between GT5 and FM4) I was able to play as a 70 Dodge Charger, 2010 Subaru Impreza STI and Ferrari 599. All sounded great and very much like GT5. I was not able to mod the cars so the verdict is out there.............

um...yeah....

Snubbers

It's only when it zooms in do you realise that T10 have really upped their detail levels..
CYaBv.jpg

SpMGU.jpg

And even more subtle details that even if not hyper-realistic look good..
Nice material effects..
O3k96.jpg

Nice cast look to the engine covers
IjvtW.jpg

and a nice unfinished/uneven cast effect on the side of the metal work..
K1t3w.jpg

And another caliper..
RffoH.jpg

ShapeGSX

....Sound: Here I would say it's a tie.(between GT5 and FM4) I was able to play as a 70 Dodge Charger, 2010 Subaru Impreza STI and Ferrari 599. All sounded great and very much like GT5. I was not able to mod the cars so the verdict is out there.............

Yeah, that would be a downgrade.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
wow...

WOW HOLY SHIT MAN.

I am honored to see this shit holy hell man this shit is going to be incredible. Damn at the sounds of the random supercars, looks like a b-roll movie, amazing nonetheless.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
soundscream said:
All out of fucks?

I'm trying to process all of this lol.. fuck.

screenshot_261432i70l.jpg

LOOK.

DAT GRASS. FUCK.

And to think that they really haven't shown something "new" like other tracks and the customizing/paint modes..

This thread is going to explode into obrbit when they do.. Autovista is ridiculously awesome.

Mascot

What's next I wonder? And how come no hints about the past couple of days? Just BAM! New stuff, bitchizzzzz..! Straight out of left field. Awesome.

Marco1

Well done Turn10!!!!!
Now Microsoft, give them the next console and enough processing power to really up their game or bring Forza4 to PC.
Please!

Marco1

That's what I believe also.
The advantage to going to these lengths to model cars is they will be able to use the more detailed models on the track depending on how powerful the hardware is.
This is more proof that MS will bring a powerful console to market.

LeBoef

evil_as_skeletor said:
Something seems off with how the cars' physics look in the TGTT video. They don't bounce around enough and seem to sit way too flat on cornering. Hopefully that is just a preview physics test and not what we see in the final release...

dont think they ll "fix" that.
and i dont expect to much from the top gear sessions. i smell a lot of boring repetition here.
and all the talk "its not about racing, its about cars" just scares me right now.

it will be a step up from fm3 for sure. but nothing else. the only thing that racers got back, are custom lobbies. its the only reason to get the fanatec stuff out of the storage.
fm3 was way to easy (without assists) and fm4 wont be a difference. especially with 90% stupid AI and 10% being able to hold up for 2 rounds :/

i am hoping more for a new franchise or a simbin return :(

dont get me wrong. going to the gamescom just because of fm4 on the 17th, but i dont think it will be great game. multiplayer will be amazing like in fm2 but campaign just looks booooring again. they go for quantitiy, not quality...

derFeef

Amazing models (I bet the Austrian company made them ;) - Love everything I see so far, except that in some replays the difference to FM3 is not that big.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
derFeef said:
Amazing models (I bet the Austrian company made them ;) - Love everything I see so far, except that in some replays the difference to FM3 is not that big.

What? The replays look much better! :p

G Rom

LeBoef said:
dont think they ll "fix" that.
and i dont expect to much from the top gear sessions. i smell a lot of boring repetition here.
and all the talk "its not about racing, its about cars" just scares me right now.

it will be a step up from fm3 for sure. but nothing else. the only thing that racers got back, are custom lobbies. its the only reason to get the fanatec stuff out of the storage.
fm3 was way to easy (without assists) and fm4 wont be a difference. especially with 90% stupid AI and 10% being able to hold up for 2 rounds :/

i am hoping more for a new franchise or a simbin return :(

dont get me wrong. going to the gamescom just because of fm4 on the 17th, but i dont think it will be great game. multiplayer will be amazing like in fm2 but campaign just looks booooring again. they go for quantitiy, not quality...

Seriously ?
The game is not even out and we don't even know all the features but you're already saying this ?

Also, in FM4 the steering assist will be optional so it should already be more difficult, especially with a wheel.

Snubbers already posted some but here are more screenshots :

5984984305_0761655559_b.jpg

5984980479_721ded592b_b.jpg

5984978493_dfb8c098a6_b.jpg

5984969231_0d6a546587_b.jpg

5985548182_1eeb52213b_b.jpg

5984981267_49cac78d62_b.jpg

5984975175_48a3b3d63d_b.jpg

5984968499_7a30bf757c_b.jpg

5985534990_88a245ed9b_b.jpg

Full gallery.

I can't wait to witness this on my TV. It's probably the first thing I'll do when I get the game.

Mascot

Xanadu said:
um why not? so you think next gen we should just keep the old models..look at GT5 with its GT4 models lmfao

My point was, you don't need Autovista levels of detail (brake caliper pins modelled, for example) on the in-game cars that you actually drive. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you do.

ShapeGSX

evil_as_skeletor said:

This video of the Kia Cee'd shows the car leaning a lot:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv2TDDQYF8s

I think that a Mosler MT900 just doesn't lean all that much. If it did, the chin spoiler would be kissing the pavement.

Found a video of that other show with the MT900:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvaQdoOLyS8

That's essentially just a race car. Tiff hits some bumps and the nose dives some. But no such bumps were hit in the Forza video.

Now, they obviously don't have all of the bumps of the real track. I'm not sure that's feasible.

LeBoef

G Rom said:
Seriously ?
The game is not even out and we don't even know all the features but you're already saying this ?

Also, in FM4 the steering assist will be optional so it should already be more difficult, especially with a wheel.

yeah i am serious. and i know every detail they released until now. i am lurking daily for any new details. but fm3 taught me to be realistic and not jump on any hypetrains.
they ve built again a lot of stuff around cars but none of the focus is on racing. and thats what i am looking for.

but again... custom lobbies are going to make this game a proper successor to fm2.
and yes, lighting looks better now but i bet the tracks look flat again. no tire model is able to compensate missing bumps...

/edit
oh... i have nothing against being taught better by t10 :D

saladine1

LeBoef said:
yeah i am serious. and i know every detail they released until now. i am lurking daily for any new details. but fm3 taught me to be realistic and not jump on any hypetrains.
they ve built again a lot of stuff around cars but none of the focus is on racing. and thats what i am looking for.

but again... custom lobbies are going to make this game a proper successor to fm2.
and yes, lighting looks better now but i bet the tracks look flat again. no tire model is able to compensate missing bumps...

/edit
oh... i have nothing against being taught better by t10 :D
I'm afraid your going to have to look elsewhere for your racing needs because Dan himself has stated that the racing isn't the focus in this game...the cars are..

Xanadu

Banned
Mascot said:
My point was, you don't need Autovista levels of detail (brake caliper pins modelled, for example) on the in-game cars that you actually drive. Or maybe I'm wrong, and you do.
trust me you notice it, like in forza 3 the 458 was a very good model in showroom, but in race when you twice the camera round its disappointing, blacked out windows no detail on brakes and much lower poly..but i have the exact showroom 458 model converted into GTA IV and it looks amazing, polys and all the details matter my friend

Top Bottom