• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Shaneus

saladine1 said:
wrtFO.jpg
Fuck, what I wouldn't give for that Cobra to make an appearance. So hot. Though I wouldn't complain if the GTHO or EB GT made an appearance as well!

supersaw

Are there solid release dates for all regions yet?

In the Gametrailers video they say "Starting October 11th" and I remember seeing some stuff around the time of E3 about different release dates for different regions.

If Australia is getting shafted I'm going to order this from the UK and pay express shipping.

supersaw said:

In the Gametrailers video they say "Starting October 11th" and I remember seeing some stuff around the time of E3 about different release dates for different regions.

If Australia is getting shafted I'm going to order this from the UK and pay express shipping.
I believe Australia is getting shafted, last place its coming out. Dan said it during E3 I think.

BADNED

supersaw said:

The 11th is for North America.
Europe/Japan/Australia: 13th/14th

G Rom

saladine1 said:
WHAT?!!!!!?!!!?!!!!?!!
WHERE??!!?!!?!!!?
HOW???!!!!?!?!!!?
WHEN????!!!!?!??
WHY??!!?!?!?!?!
WTF??!?!?!!?
BADNED??!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

HOLY MOTHER FUCKING SHIT SON OF BEECH WADUFUCK!!!???!?!?

OH MY GOD?!?!?!?!?

B, please tell me you're not joking?
Don't play with my emotions B,please.
And beginning?......You mean to tell me there could be more down the track?
Holy shit!!
iIlef.jpg

Here's a montage I made. Turn 10.......take your pick...

wrtFO.jpg

Seriously, Bathurst needs to be in the game. Not because it will be awesome to drive but because I want to see Saladine's reaction to the announcement ! :lol :lol

Edit : You haven't posted the best picture, ShapeGSX :
04-mercedes-benz-b-class-interior.jpg

RukusProvider said:
Please someone confirm Spa for me :( How can these so called racing games keep coming out without Spa!
Spa is confirmed!

Spa is not confirmed! But you wanted me to confirm it, so I did! Have a nice day!

mblitek

RukusProvider said:
Please someone confirm Spa for me :( How can these so called racing games keep coming out without Spa!

I concur, I want Eau Rouge damn it. Bathurst would be amazing, the elevation changes...drool.

I hope they increased the amount of tuning parts available as well.

Mascot

mblitek said:
...elevation changes...

Should be compulsary on all racing circuits. Flat tracks blow goats.

Speaking of elevation changes, I'm getting worried that the return of Maple Valley has not been confirmed yet. It's a terrific racing circuit in both directions.

BTW, can anyone answer why we're not allowed to race real-world tracks in reverse..?

ShapeGSX

Mascot said:
BTW, can anyone answer why we're not allowed to race real-world tracks in reverse..?

I had always thought that it was a safety thing in real life. All of the safety barriers, tires, water barriers, etc would be in the wrong place if you were to drive the track in reverse.

However, a friend of mine told me that every once in a while they have a track day where they race Virginia International Raceway in reverse. So maybe I'm wrong there. VIR appears to have huge runoff areas, though, which would indicate that the barriers would not be an issue. http://www.virnow.com/the-track

Still, even if that is it, this is a game, and safety isn't really a concern. So I think they should allow it.

eso76

what's an XB and why should i be excited about it ?

So, basically 5 new locations thing is confirmed; not too many but it's ok with me; i'm curious to see how the returning ones (all of them ?) have changed anyway. Speaking of which, i'd love to be able to see how Ladera looks in FM4; too bad those gametrailers videos were shot by a monkey and you can't see a thing :p

U n i o n 0015 said:
I wonder if Sidewinder is going to be included on the standard disc this time or just dropped entirely.
In one of the newest videos, I remember seeing sidewinder in the level selection. So I think its going to be included.

Shaneus

Mascot said:
Is that the one with scissor doors? Autovista confirmed!
Is that really dated 2010? Given it's a prototype I would've thought it would use the year it was first unveiled... 2007 or so I'm guessing, given that it was in PGR3.

PS. As much as the V8 Supercars are cool, how about just the regular street-going editions of Aussie cars? They really didn't do much for me in F3 :/

Xanadu

Banned
im not the biggest japanese car fan but im very happy the ek is finally here, been wanting that since the first

as for the graphics, they look way better than forza 3 but i still think the lighting is off around the wheel and tires, maybe its just me

Xanadu said:
sidewinder sucks balls
I do like lots of turns in tracks but when you cant get past 2nd gear in your car, it isn't that much fun. Both sidewinder and Rally de Positano are really crappy tracks.

eek5

Xanadu said:
im not the biggest japanese car fan but im very happy the ek is finally here, been wanting that since the first

as for the graphics, they look way better than forza 3 but i still think the lighting is off around the wheel and tires, maybe its just me
not just you. the wheels look terrible in the pic above

Xanadu

Banned
eek5 said:
not just you. the wheels look terrible in the pic above
its almost like the new reflections arent utilized on the wheels, which is very strange

like cover the wheels with your hands and the pic looks much better lol

i hate to complain all the time but i like to point things out

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
It's weird. I always thought the wheels were the best looking part of cars in FM3.
Now in FM4 they look pretty bad.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Maybe the material shaders are not implemented for certain metals yet.

I can't really see the issue because I'm on my iPod now.

eso76

AlmostMilk said:
I do like lots of turns in tracks but when you cant get past 2nd gear in your car, it isn't that much fun. Both sidewinder and Rally de Positano are really crappy tracks.

Rally di Positano is fantastic. Granted, you shouldn't touch it with anything higher than a Class B/A car and the game forcing you to race on it with R1 cars is rather idiotic, but still.

G Rom

The exhaust area isn't the only thing on this BMW that looks wrong. The taillights almost look cell shaded thanks to the black lines around it.

I agree with everyone about the whole wheels (rims+tires), it still looks off material wise.

Also, Turn 10 playing with us by showing what we'll never have access to (1080p at this level of compression)... :p

The Bernese environment looks really good though as does the Stelvio Pass homespace. Laguna Seca doesn't seem to have been fully updated, you can still see one of FM3's old ugly trees in the back.

eek5

G Rom said:
Also, Turn 10 playing with us by showing what we'll never have access to (1080p at this level of compression)... :p
my heart is going to break when they reveal that we'll only be able to upload highly compressed 720p pics to myforza ಥ_ಥ

G Rom

Quickly tweaked FM3 settings :
5990122216_f86affd3f0_b.jpg

FM4 :
5989561289_82b8b018ff_b.jpg

Stock FM3 settings :
5990122268_7a9140fd34_b.jpg

Obviously car and time of day isn't the same in the two games but it puts the progress made into perspective... :)

saladine1

I agree, the wheel/tyre/exhaust look really,really off. Nothing new though, as I've always said that those particular areas have always been a bit funky in the Forza series. I don't know why though. I mean, other games have amazing looking tires that really look...well, real.
Does any graphics master know what the problem could be?

Top Bottom