• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

commedieu

Banned
amar212 said:
I don't like your stealth-edit because your original post was spot-on. Exactly my points on the subject.

But nvm.

You know what, I just saw what was happening with the GTP guy, and the whole turn of the thread. Decided to edit. I really saw nothing good coming from it, people have their point of views, and will always re-define words to suit them. Its as clear as day for anyone that has been around for a little while, what the real issues are, and why they are here.

Its nice to see that you feel the same way. I know of you to be an equal opportunist when it comes to both of the franchises, and have a long history.

Spaceman Spiff said:
I preordered from Amazon. Just send in a screenshot of your order confirmation and you'll be set.
Thanks for that.

But now its either Facebook or Twitter only? Then I'll still sol, as I have neither and want neither. ;P

Spasm

NullPointer said:
Thanks for that.

But now its either Facebook or Twitter only? Then I'll still sol, as I have neither and want neither. ;P
Same boat here. Come on, T10. Get with the times and put up a G+ page.

shinnn

Forza Garage

1977 Aston Martin V8 Vantage (new)
2010 Radical SR8 Supersport
2010 Jaguar #33 Jaguar RSR XKR GT

i5yjch.jpg

Spasm said:
Same boat here. Come on, T10. Get with the times and put up a G+ page.

I agree with this. It would be nice to be able to have a choice between G+ or Facebook for that stuff.

Good LORD that Vantage is gorgeous. So glad to see it coming to FM4!

ghibli99

G+ isn't public yet... they'd be excluding a lot of folks. Agree that I'm not sure why they need the public mentions, though. Just take my email/screenshot and be done w/ it! :p

Not to get too OT, but I'm surprised that so many people don't have Twitter or FB... in today's day and age, it's almost like not having an email address.

ghibli99 said:
Not to get too OT, but I'm surprised that so many people don't have Twitter or FB... in today's day and age, it's almost like not having an email address.

Well if you are interested, at 35 I know who my friends are, anyone I lost contact with was probably for a good reason and my family is a phone call away, I don't give a monkeys what any of them do in their spare time.

As for twitter, if anything interesting happens it'll filter into the news or a forum.

Back on topic, I emailed the reciept off, does the confirmation come through Forza 3/Xbox live or an email?

ghibli99

Quick question about this incentive: if you preordered *before* this announcement, are you still eligible? I preordered in early July, so hopefully I still qualify. I bought the LE and wireless steering thingie too, so I'd better! :)

drugstore_cowboy said:
Well if you are interested, at 35 I know who my friends are, anyone I lost contact with was probably for a good reason and my family is a phone call away, I don't give a monkeys what any of them do in their spare time.

As for twitter, if anything interesting happens it'll filter into the news or a forum.
Heh, I was almost going to say in my original post that it might be generational, but you and I are almost the same age, so that argument goes out the window. :) I've gotten a lot of benefit out of FB... not so much Twitter, but it was an amazing resource for events like the Japan earthquake/tsunami.

Anyway, back to the cars...

BADNED

ghibli99 said:
Quick question about this incentive: if you preordered *before* this announcement, are you still eligible? I preordered in early July, so hopefully I still qualify. I bought the LE and wireless steering thingie too, so I'd better! :)

You are eligible. It doesn't matter if you preordered it before or after the announcement.

Mascot

Keep finding it hard to justify double the price for the LE, and have come close to cancelling a few times. What I've done instead is pre-ordered the standard version too, then will decide on the day which to keep and which to return.

Sixty quid, though... fuuuuuuuuck..!

Shaneus

Mascot said:
Keep finding it hard to justify double the price for the LE, and have come close to cancelling a few times. What I've done instead is pre-ordered the standard version too, then will decide on the day which to keep and which to return.

$120 AUD here. Hard to justify when our dollar is past parity with the US and it's only $80 over there :/

Mascot said:

only thing really keeping me with the LE is that I own it for 2 and 3, regular 4 would look out of place, plus that topgear book it comes with sounds nice for the coffee table.

adelante

Something that I've noticed in every cockpit video that I really like is the reflective lighting effect on the dials even when they're covered in shadow as the car turns with the sun behind (0:34 - 0:40). Might've been there before in previous games but it really stood out for me in Forza4...neato

Mascot

Diablohead said:
only thing really keeping me with the LE is that I own it for 2 and 3, regular 4 would look out of place

I know what you mean. I owned the LE for 2 & 3, but gave 2 away to a friend when 3 launched, and only have the disks and game case for 3 left, so not too fussed about the continuity there. I'd miss the little crown next to my gamertag though...

Diablohead said:
...plus that topgear book it comes with sounds nice for the coffee table.

It's quite a small book though, only the size of a DVD case. I thought coffee table books were supposed to be huge..? ;)

Thinking about it, this book is 96 pages long so we can probably assume that there is an absolute maximum of ninety autovista cars in the game. Maybe even half that if each car has a double-page spread. Actually, ninety is a hell of a lot. I'm guessing forty cars max.

Agent Icebeezy said:
How am I looking as far as a wheel? My options, if you will.

The best one out right now (IMO) is the Fanatec GT2. You can wait for the new Forza 4 branded Fanatec line but since E3 really nothing has been said or announced and we're only 3.5 months away from release.

Knowing Fanatec's track record with shipping and such, I highly doubt (unless MS puts some muscle behind it) that we will see those wheels in a large production run before the launch of the game.

BUT, supposedly there is a rumor flying around that the manufacturing might be done by somebody else besides Fanatec (some other German company) but that is just a rumor.

GT2 is your best bet, I have this wheel as a few others here and it's seriously fantastic. We just hope that Forza 4 has more support for wheels than Forza 3 did.

EDIT: Just sent the email and posted on Twitter ... is there a list of what the "goodies" are in the incentives program?

saladine1

i5yjch.jpg

Very,very nice Turn 10!
I'm so happy that they are including even more classic/retro cars than ever before. It's like Turn 10 are taking in every wish of mine and turning it into reality..

God,I would love to see a 'Legends' game made by Turn 10. Include all cars from perhaps the 50's all the way to the 80's. It would give them a reason to concentrate on mainstream cars that wouldn't normally make it into a racing game of these days. Taking the British theme for example, a 70's Jaguar XJS, Bristol 412, Jenson Interceptor, Rover SD1 and even the iconic Ranger Rover could all feature in the game..I would buy it...twice..

AMUSIX

My concept of having a Pre-1990 garage is coming closer to reality.

I REALLY wish Turn10 had taken a page from Bizarre studios and given us a number of customize-able garage spaces. Being able to check out and inspect a car is one thing, but having a dozen beauties all under one roof is breathtaking.

That way I could just display the top 60s beauties in one garage, the 70s in another, and the 80s in the last.

on the off chance that someone hasn't played PGR3, this is what I'm talking about:
QW69xl.jpg

eRk3c.jpg

AMUSIX said:

I REALLY wish Turn10 had taken a page from Bizarre studios and given us a number of customize-able garage spaces. Being able to check out and inspect a car is one thing, but having a dozen beauties all under one roof is breathtaking.

That way I could just display the top 60s beauties in one garage, the 70s in another, and the 80s in the last.

on the off chance that someone hasn't played PGR3, this is what I'm talking about:
[]http://i.imgur.com/QW69xl.jpg[/img]
[]http://i.imgur.com/eRk3c.jpg[/img]

Test Drive lets you do this... but god that games driving physics suck so much -.-

AMUSIX

I just think having a showcase garage is a part of 'car culture' that so few can actually experience in real life that it just belongs in games like this. Heck, the garage tech could then be used for 'hang out' spaces online, allowing others to admire whichever car you bring to the chat, art and all. Or use it for the car clubs, the headquarters housing a car each for the individual members (or showcasing the car club's decals and paint schemes).

Of course, all this is chalked up under 'wishful thinking', but a number of games have already included this feature (MCO, Test Drive, PGR, etc) and it seems perfectly fit for what Turn10 states as their focus for the Forza series. Just surprised they haven't done it.

BADNED

Todays reveal:

1989 Toyota MR2 SC (NEW)
1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
2010 Lotus Evora Type 124 Endurance Race Car

2i6zy82.jpg

AMUSIX said:

QW69xl.jpg

eRk3c.jpg

Very cool, but I haven't seen those areas, only the garage with the arcade machine in it - which you could play! (I think it was Geo Wars?).

It was nice to walk around and view the cars... couldn't believe what I was seeing back when it first came out :p

skyfinch

Been offline for over a week. Nice bit of FM4 news (finally).

Anyone know if Ebgames has a preorder bonus for this game? I paid for the game in full but the clerk didn't know if their store had any preorder bonus.

Also, they added shadows on the cones on the Top Gear track. :p

ghibli99

BADNED said:
1989 Toyota MR2 SC (NEW)
Nice. Pretty excited about this car, since it's the first car I ever sat in at the Long Beach Auto Show back in 87/88 when I was in junior high. It was like sitting in Darth Vader's TIE Fighter. I never did get one, though.

Mascot

AMUSIX said:

Assuming T10 don't drop autovista after FM4, something like this HAS to be the next logical step as the series progresses, doesn't it? The concept was beautifully realised in PGR3, but imagine not just walking around your garage and admiring your machines, but actually opening the doors and getting into the cars, firing them up and even taking them for a test drive, all with Xbox 720-powered levels of fidelity and attention to detail...

Autovista 2.0

Holy crap, the mind boggles.

*note to self: dust down PGR3 and remind yourself of its greatness*

benzy

AMUSIX said:

[im]http://i.imgur.com/QW69xl.jpg[/img]
[im]http://i.imgur.com/eRk3c.jpg[/img]

Damn PGR3 still looks amazing. RIP Bizarre.

PGR2 showrooms were awesome too, if you wanted a new car to buy you could walk around the virtual showrooms and then test drive before buying, hardly any games since then allow that, TDU is based around that idea fully but half the time fails at doing so.

Xanadu

Banned
BADNED said:
Todays reveal:

1989 Toyota MR2 SC (NEW)
1974 Lancia Stratos HF Stradale
2010 Lotus Evora Type 124 Endurance Race Car

2i6zy82.jpg
it really is every car off that list, well i am very excited if they all make it

shinnn

lol I've missed the download feature on facebook. For those interested, you can get ultra-high resolution pics of the last TGTT photos in the Xbox UK facebook (there's a download link when you click each photo)

resized those for 1080p

screenshot_261439zuew.jpg

supersaw

I was so disappoint with TDU2, I've played the shit out of the first one and it actually had OK physics. I don't know what the fuck v-necks have to do with racing.

Mascot

These daily car reveals are all well and good, but would it kill Turn 10 to publish a game image of each car at the same time? I know they pick one or two for the Thursday thing, but come on - we are twelve years into the twenty-first century here. Text files don't really cut it any more.

If it's because of the work involved, could they not just use a default location (no doubt the white warehouse), use a fixed camera angle, and drop the car models in for a quick snap? It's crazy that we have to Google Image pictures of the cars when the lists are published.

I hope they haven't got similar plans for the track reveals... :lol

saladine1

skyfinch said:
Damn! I thought I was some kind of hero.
Lol, if you found a video or info regarding the inclusion of weather or night....then the hero status would apply..

Yep, that MR2 is a very good inclusion...would love some more retro Japanese cars..DR30 or R31 Skyline, C210's, 1st gen Celica's..etc

Special J

Banned
shinnn said:
lol I've missed the download feature on facebook. For those interested, you can get ultra-high resolution pics of the last TGTT photos in the Xbox UK facebook (there's a download link when you click each photo)

resized those for 1080p

not feeling the shaders on those rims.

Top Bottom