• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

G Rom said:
I agree on that one CrudeDiatribe, I can't believe it passed QA. Saving each time you launch the game looks so dumb, just putting "loading" instead would be better.

I didn't even think that saying 'loading' would make it feel less annoying, since it fits my notions of how games work, rather than wasting 'saving' before any progress has been made.

adelante said:
I Asked And I Received! =p

Lots more here: http://www.eurogamer.net/gallery.php?[/QUOTE] Magic hour (sunrise/sunset) pics look amazing.

CrudeDiatribe said:
Magic hour (sunrise/sunset) pics look amazing.
Dan has good vision during the day, he has even better vision at night, but at the fading light he can't incubate, magic hour.

Reign-of-Fire_l.jpg

saladine1

2e0k6lf.jpg

Hello gorgeous, can I have your number?

These videos are very much appreciated Turn 10. It shows how much work goes into making these tracks. Now, for the next making of video, I want to see the promised Nick Wiswell audio feature.. o.k?
FM4 is looking, very,very nice mang. And what's with all these complaints about Hockenheim?
Do you expect to have thrills and spills in every track?
A nice, flat flowing track is a necessity for the full blown down-force monsters that are the R1's. I'm sure Turn 10 have other tracks lined up as well to feed our spectacular needs so I welcome you o Hockenheim into the Forza Motorsport fold..

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
looks great... but underwhelming announcements. i'm really going to be bummed if we dont get a sig number of new tracks

G Rom

Majanew said:
Still no weight distribution?

Give me weight ballasts and power limiter/restrictor like in post-update GT5 and I'll be happy.
I also hope that those upgrades are better managed money wise. If I remove shit from my car, it shouldn't cost me anything to do so and I should have the choice to either sell or keep it. Same with restrictors in R classes...

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Did the fucking camera man really just zoomed into the center screen and panned to the left and right?

What the fuck get the whole view of the triple screen.

Jesus lol

tirant

brotkasten said:
I'd love quali as an option, but it will never, ever happen in Forza. That sort of thing is just not casual enough.

I see... It is really sad :( not even people in this thread cares about it... and they are not casual players.

saladine1

tirant said:
I see... It is really sad :( not even people in this thread cares about it... and they are not casual players.
It's not that we don't care, it's that we know it will never happen so there's no use of even trying...

eso76

Broman1978 said:
Has the Hockemheim video from Gamersyde been posted yet?

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_forza_4_hockenheim_making_of-11643_en.html

yes, all over ma face.
With those models i can even stand the floating camera closeups on your car (WHICH APPARENTLY THEY STILL DIDN'T GET RID OF) [although they sure have been reduced considerably]
Unfortunately i doubt we're getting full lod for 12 cars races replays.

2 years should be plenty of time to add more then a small handful of tracks... =(

we're getting 5 new locales. Maybe we're getting a lot more than 5 tracks though.
For example Fujimi isn't even a new locale, but i have a feeling we're going to see a new track there.
Or, the alps might be one new locale, but maybe we haven't seen all the tracks there. Maybe there's something in Italian alps too ?
And we still don't know if that from the trailer was really infineon, so that at least could mean one new locale we don't know of.

op_ivy

eso76 said:
we're getting 5 new locales. Maybe we're getting a lot more than 5 tracks though.
For example Fujimi isn't even a new locale, but i have a feeling we're going to see a new track there.
Or, the alps might be one new locale, but maybe we haven't seen all the tracks there. Maybe there's something in Italian alps too ?
And we still don't know if that from the trailer was really infineon, so that at least could mean one new locale we don't know of.

yeah, this is what i'm hoping for, but i really dont expect it. its looking likely now that we got hockenheim, infineon, indianapolis, alps, and top gear... HUGELY disappointing if that is it.

just 2 or 3 more locals (with ribbons) on top of that and i'd be satisfied. hopefully at least with dlc thats integrated and affordable =(

Mascot

op_ivy said:
yeah, this is what i'm hoping for, but i really dont expect it. its looking likely now that we got hockenheim, infineon, alps, top gear... HUGELY disappointing if that is it.

just 2 or 3 more locals (with ribbons) on top of that and i'd be satisfied. hopefully at least with dlc thats integrated and affordable =(
Classing TGTT as a new circuit was a low blow by Turn 10. It's a playground at best, nothing more.

adelante

Damn.. for some reason Dan Greenawalt's eyebags really stood out in Gamersyde's better quality Hockenheim video... dude needs sleep like we need more game updates haha

op_ivy

Mascot said:
Classing TGTT as a new circuit was a low blow by Turn 10. It's a playground at best, nothing more.

i know it. tgtt will be loads of fun and i'm sure i'll spend a fair bit of time comparing my times against the stig, but yeah, its not much of an actual "track" for list purposes and career variety.

and you arent helping my mood. maybe some F4 amalfi media would put a smile on my face.

EDIT: MAYBE, just maybe, stelvio pass is drivable... oh please lord.

shinnn said:
Are you so concerned about tracks that you forgot the Top Gear and the boxart background track? lol

Apparently. =D It slipped my mind that the TG test track was a new locale and I totally forgot about Indy.

saladine1

You know, I have to say, i'm getting a little sick and tired of The Bernese Alps. I'll probably skip it for a while come game day just out of spite!

Edit:
The complex (Hockenheim) also features a quarter mile track for drag racing. It hosts one of the largest drag racing events in Europe known as the NitrOlympx.

op_ivy

saladine1 said:
You know, I have to say, i'm getting a little sick and tired of The Bernese Alps. I'll probably skip it for a while come game day just out of spite!

didnt turn 10 basically do the same with f3 and montserrat?

eek5

op_ivy said:
BADNED updated the car and track list at forza central with;

classic layout?

72sxhh.jpg

Don't get your hopes up. Short/National circuilts are modeled and probably what the TBA is for.

op_ivy

eek5 said:
Don't get your hopes up. Short/National circuilts are modeled and probably what the TBA is for.

thanks. wasnt sure if it was just a single layout track

saladine1

Mascot said:
Sie sieht auf meinem iphone heiß ist, kann das jemand bestätigen, wie schmutzig sie ist?
I agree, she's hot..

@op_ivy, that's right, they did the same shit with Montserrat, gave us a Montserrat demo, and started us off at Montserrat in the full game....so probably the same shit again with the Alps.

op_ivy

saladine1 said:
I agree, she's hot..

@op_ivy, that's right, they did the same shit with Montserrat, gave us a Montserrat demo, and started us off at Montserrat in the full game....so probably the same shit again with the Alps.

i <3 montserrat. alps looks nice, but seems a bit too high speed

Mascot

What a monumentally ginormous epic missed opportunity of colossal proportions it would be if turn 10 didn't include the old Hockenshite forest loop. Its the first thing any fans of motorsport think of when that location is mentioned. I can only assume its omission would be down to licensing requirements and nothing more.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Mascot said:
What a monumentally ginormous epic missed opportunity of colossal proportions it would be if turn 10 didn't include the old Hockenshite forest loop. Its the first thing any fans of motorsport think of when that location is mentioned. I can only assume its omission would be down to licensing requirements and nothing more.

Maybe because they wouldn't be able to get the detail they want since that part of the track is not really accessible and grown over (right?)

eek5 said:
72sxhh.jpg

Well supposedly there would be a "bombshell" before Gamesconn and there would be an even bigger one during the event. So maybe it is the old circuit or Spa! (right? :( )

Mascot

SCHUEY F1 said:
Maybe because they wouldn't be able to get the detail they want since that part of the track is not really accessible and grown over (right?)
Fuck it, just ctrl/c-ctrl/v a section from the Nordschliefe, nobody would know the difference.

cbox

Though the game is probably in the later stages, we should go picket outside.

BLUE MOUNTAIN/SPA TURN 10! please ;_;

Didnt T10 conduct a poll on fm.net a year or two ago asking users which real world track they wanted to see in a future FM title (or their favorite real world track, one of the two)

Anyway, Spa won by a huge margin, I cant even remember what came second or third.

Instead, we get Hockenheim -_-

Top Bottom