• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

shinnn

IGN said:
It's this love for motorsport that has meant that not only is Hockenheim in the game, but it's playable at any time of the day. While it may not sound that impressive, driving around the Nordkurve at sunrise is a very different experience from racing in the middle of the night. Choose the latter and visibility is obviously impacted dramatically, the dazzling glare of brake lights preventing you from having a clear view of the track when you're sandwiched in the middle of a pack of cars all vying for pole position
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/118/1188084p1.html

is IGN smoking or what?

saladine1

Mascot said:
I would literally explode. LITERALLY.

(not literally)
4Us6C.gif

DD

I guess I'm the only one who does not care for the old Hockenheimring and prefers the new one. Damn, the old circuit is just straights and chicanes!

And people were talking about Blue Mountains. I hate that track! The original Bathurst is so much better! There are so many better places to be in the game than old Hockenheimring. Why not Montecarlo? The old Jacarepaguá, Interlagos, San Luis, old and new Spa, Pescara, Stelvio Pass, Montreal...

saladine1

Daniel Dantas said:
I guess I'm the only one who does not care for the old Hockenheimring and prefers the new one. Damn, the old circuit is just straights and chicanes!

And people were talking about Blue Mountains. I hate that track! The original Bathurst is so much better! There are so many better places to be in the game than old Hockenheimring. Why not Montecarlo? The old Jacarepaguá, Interlagos, San Luis, old and new Spa, Pescara, Stelvio Pass, Montreal...
Well, it seems it's a personal fav of Mr. Greenawalt. That and Sebring hold a special something when he was growing up..

Edit: Wow, the M5 is a very nice addition. It seems Turn 10 are really concentrating on Automotive history this time around. I thought Kaz had passion for the past but Dan G is really surprising me..

I think I'd settle for one more new location to be honest. I doubt there is anything else big to be revealed, but I'm holding out the hope.

Now if NightTime racing is in, I'd be ecstatic.

Also, the long ever delayed info on shitty jpeg compression and it's removal please.

Please Turn 10. Please surprise me.

Mascot

saladine1 said:
So, if we get Spa and Bathurst, would people be happy or do we want more?

Yep. They could rename it "Forza Muscle Drift Drag with added Soccer" for all I care if Spa was included at launch.

Why? What do you know..?

amar212

saladine1 said:

Infenion
Surfers Paradise
Adelaide
Kyalami
Brno
Eurospeedway Lauswitz
Isle of Man
Old Spa
Old Nurburgring with Sudschleife
Mille Miglia

Than we can talk.

amar212 said:
Infenion
Surfers Paradise
Adelaide
Kyalami
Brno
Eurospeedway Lauswitz
Isle of Man
Old Spa
Old Nurburgring with Sudschleife
Mille Miglia

Than we can talk.

Wow you managed to leave off Phillip Island....

Infenion should be there. It was part of the old leak, if I recall.

sneaky77

saladine1 said:

I'll be more satisfied for 4, but I would expect them adding more to 5 on top of existing tracks, I don't understand removing tracks from previous games, specially when having a game on 2 dvd's anyway

G Rom

Fuck yes, E39 M5 !

227839420.gif

If Spa and Bathurst would happen to be in then pretty much all my wishes for FM4 would have been answered !
Any more real tracks would be bonus after that.

BTW, I hope that during their vacation trip in Europe, they went to the Nordschleife to capture every bits of it like they did with Hockenheim. I just wouldn't be able to drive on it we get the same old version again, GT5 completely spoiled me with its perfect depiction of the track !

I'd be more than happy with either or both of those to be honest.

Take out tracks if needs be, I just want different locations to drive in. And why weren't tracks or locations such as sidewinder used in the career, it was a waste of space. At least include all locations in the career. It's not a space issue, surely.

SCHUEY F1 said:
With ALMS deal I would love to see Mosport as DLC.

I would love to see Mid Ohio. Been going to the ALMs races there for years and I know the track like the back of my hand. I am just glad that at least RacePro has it because it is a really fun track with some great sections and elevation changes.

Mascot

Shortt Sirket said:
I would love to see Mid Ohio. Been going to the ALMs races there for years and I know the track like the back of my hand.

Never been there, but it looks like a great track on the ALMS footage they show on Sky.

BTW, sorry for the OT, but this is as good a place as any: I have two spare grandstand/paddock tickets for the Renault World Series at Silverstone this weekend, valid for Saturday and Sunday. Free tickets if anyone needs them at short notice. First come first served, first post gets them. I'll send out first class tomorrow.

DD

amar212 said:
Infenion
Surfers Paradise - cool
Adelaide - Hell yeah!
Kyalami - hmm
Brno - cool
Eurospeedway Lauswitz - ok
Isle of Man - OMG YES!
Old Spa - GIMME!
Old Nurburgring with Sudschleife - OMG OMG!
Mille Miglia - Impossibru dream;

Than we can talk.
My bold opinions, teheh.

benzy

Sunset looks nice, but needs headlights though. If IGN was right about night racing then surely it would have been in this footage?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
Mascot said:
Sweet, but whoever edited that video is a bastard..! :lol

Did I spot the April leak Hockenshite footage in there? Might be old stuff then?

Yeah a bastard lol! God damn it such a tease.

I noticed lots of body roll considering the snipets.

Snubbers

eek5 said:
driving at that sunset time is going to be a bitch without headlights..

The track looks fairly well lit so I think the only problem will be the sun in your eyes, that is something you'd need some serious KC Daylighters to overcome!..

All looking good, if IGN where right, total bombshell, but I doubt it!

Top Bottom