• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
eso76 said:
or actually the game is going gold. what's not included at this point won't be (except, you know, DLC. Like a sunny sky for the Ring Dlc. I would have bought it :p)

or they realized they shipped the wrong crates to gamescom.

quoting my clever theory for the new page.

"We've reached the point of no return. It is now or never" are the first two lines of a song by Day of Mourning. Day of Mourning was a day of protest held by Aboriginal Australians on 26 January 1938.

looky here !

The Volkswagen Type 1, widely known as the Volkswagen Beetle and Volkswagen Bug, is an economy car produced by the German auto maker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938.

You guys think it's a little too far fetched ? : \
You know what, after dealing with the elaborate riddles in the UMvC3 thread, anything of this sort is tame enough. I BELIEVE.

Arucardo

eso76 said:
or actually the game is going gold. what's not included at this point won't be (except, you know, DLC. Like a sunny sky for the Ring Dlc. I would have bought it :p)

or they realized they shipped the wrong crates to gamescom.

quoting my clever theory for the new page.

"We've reached the point of no return. It is now or never" are the first two lines of a song by Day of Mourning. Day of Mourning was a day of protest held by Aboriginal Australians on 26 January 1938.

looky here !

The Volkswagen Type 1, widely known as the Volkswagen Beetle and Volkswagen Bug, is an economy car produced by the German auto maker Volkswagen (VW) from 1938.

You guys think it's a little too far fetched ? : \

Or Bathurst...Looking forward to finding out what some of you are getting so excited about though :D .

eso76

Arucardo said:
Or Bathurst...Looking forward to finding out what some of you are getting so excited about though :D .

yes, obviously Australia could be another piece of the puzzle.

Sounds all a bit too elaborate to me though, honestly.

BADNED said:
We've reached the point of no return. It is now or never!
14pixc.gif

shinnn

Forza Garage will reveal 6 cars per day now.

First 3 cars (all old):

- 1994 Nissan Silvia K's
- 2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Sport
- 2003 Lexus IS300

Round two later today.

240sx incoming...

skyfinch said:
Just curious. Is there a reason why they wouldn't port over every car from FM3 (except Porsche)?

Don't see why not, except lack of space, but even then they should have more space than ever now.

Forza 3 already had 525 cars and Forza 4 is advertised as "over 500." That could actually mean near 600 considering how many new cars they've added or it could mean they trimmed down the number of cars and we're left with about the same as Forza 3 Ultimate.

sneaky77

skyfinch said:
Just curious. Is there a reason why they wouldn't port over every car from FM3 (except Porsche)?

I am gonna guess they would need to relicense all of them again so that may change it, but yeah I would guess the high majority would be in

Since they are working so closely with Fanatec is the vibration function in the brake in the CSP's going to be supported in Forza 4? And will they support the GT2 with GT5 levels of vibration and feedback?

Please, say it's so!

Only one new (to the game) car out of six is a little underwhelming, but it's Gamescom week so we'll surely see plenty of new stuff over the coming days.

Right?

AMUSIX

evening looks good, though....

Still, of all the real-world tracks to add to the game, I can't say Hockenheim would be at the top of my list. Heck, not even in the top 5, and possibly not the top 10.

I understand that it does have history, but that history is currently being overgrown by wildflowers, and what's left is a flat track that just doesn't bring anything unique to the table. All in all, it's an odd choice.

Yeah, we've all known Hockenheim was coming since April, but a new track is a new track, and these making-of videos are just fantastic. It must suck being Backpack GPS Guy, though.

Also, unless my eyes are deceiving me, at about 2:56 there's a glimpse of the 2011 Oreca-Matmut 908 HDi FAP FAP FAP.

Environmental Lead said:
Its in the middle of Germany so its one of the flattest tracks in the world. There really isn't any elevation change to the track itself. So, its just a very different experience.

I can't count how many times I've wished that sim racing games would include more completely flat tracks surrounded by trees.

That said, the more tracks the merrier.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah the new Hock is so boring... And also lol at the "That finally gives us a chance to have a track in Germany"...one of the only other real life track in the game is Nurburgring. How is that "Balacing throughout Europe"....anyway. It's always nice to have new tracks but if I had a choice it's definitly not a track I would have picked.

What I don't get is that it's pretty much clear that everybody would like to have Bathurst or Spa (I must admit, I'm getting a bit tired of Spa...but hey, it's still better than the new Hock lol) since Forza 2 and yet they go to crap flat tracks that nobody really wants. Heck, even if they can't get the license for Bathurst they still have Blue Mountain from FM1 that they could re-create for FM4.

Anyway, enough ranting for tonight lol. Can't wait for the new gameplay in the next couple of days!

AMUSIX said:
evening looks good, though....

Still, of all the real-world tracks to add to the game, I can't say Hockenheim would be at the top of my list. Heck, not even in the top 5, and possibly not the top 10.

I understand that it does have history, but that history is currently being overgrown by wildflowers, and what's left is a flat track that just doesn't bring anything unique to the table. All in all, it's an odd choice.

It's like they don't listen to the fanbase at all and just do their own thing.

"What tracks do you wanna see in the next game guys!?"

"Spa! Bathurst! BrandsHatch!"

"Well we heard all your requests so HEEERE"SSSS HOCKENHEIM RING!"

"....."

I figure I already know the answer, but is there any chance in hell that this will get a PC release?

Games for Windows Live would be just fine - I just want to tweak some of those jaggies away. That's all. I'm petty that way I guess.

AMUSIX

Yeah, sorry, didn't mean to rip on Hockenheim so much, since it's an old topic. The video IS good, though, very cool to see the work these developers put into the tracks. I love that backpack guy had to walk to the on-track art, so they would line it up accurately.

Also, my last comment was left rattling around in my head, so, to finish that thought, this would be my 'top 5' list...
Masaryk Circuit (including the old road course)
mQiirl.jpg

Circuit de Spa-Francochamps (including the old course)
Mount Panorama Circuit
Circuit Park Zandvoort (including the old course)
Autódromo José Carlos Pace (including the old Interlagos Course)

Heck, some developer just needs to make a game where you race on all the great tracks that no longer are....

aperman

Neo Member
Has different time of day for tracks been confirmed?

There were definitely some dusk shots in the final montage of that vid..

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
aperman said:
Has different time of day for tracks been confirmed?

There were definitely some dusk shots in the final montage of that vid..

Of course, different times of day is definitely in.

Mascot

Fuck! Hockenshite!

We've known it was coming since April 1st, but even so - it's like a kick in the nuts to think they picked this track over other far more deserving circuits. It's flat, it's boring to drive, it's aesthetically impotent... Jesus, it really does have no redeeming features at all.

That's the April leak 'five new locales' confirmed then. Our only hope for Spa or Bathurst is for an unlubricated wallet-rape via DLC, and even then we might not be able to play them in career mode (unless they work some car DLC-like integration magic).

Why, Turn 10? What influenced this choice?

Need coffee.

Edit: no headlights/sidelights at dusk/dawn. No possibility whatsoever of night racing confirmed.

Mascot

flyinpiranha said:
Since they are working so closely with Fanatec is the vibration function in the brake in the CSP's going to be supported in Forza 4? And will they support the GT2 with GT5 levels of vibration and feedback?

The vibrating brake pedal is already supported in FM3, and you can even set it to activate when ABS kicks in or when the wheels lock up. The pedal vibration is pretty subtle, though.

Hopefully vibration and FFB on the wheel itself will be stronger in FM4. I believe it was pretty weak in FM3 due to the incubation of the MS wheel. Now Fanatec is being officially supported it should improve.

I'm hoping to have to fight the wheel on straights like you do in GT5. Let go of the wheel in FM3 and you keep going straight - do the same in GT5 and you start a mahoosive tank slapper.

RukusProvider said:
It's like they don't listen to the fanbase at all and just do their own thing.

"What tracks do you wanna see in the next game guys!?"

"Spa! Bathurst! BrandsHatch!"

"Well we heard all your requests so HEEERE"SSSS HOCKENHEIM RING!"

"....."

I have a theory.

We all know the demand is there for certain tracks.

And we have hints that certain tracks are a possibility.

Then the trailer at E3 said monthly DLC.

Is it so crazy to think they would hold it back to sell it to us later as DLC?

I know certain posters here would pay a good amount of space-bucks(ms points) for Bathurst.

G Rom

The track is looking very good visually. I hope we'll get Spa and Bathurst in the future, even in DLC form. Those two are easily the top two tracks wanted by the community.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Also, unless my eyes are deceiving me, at about 2:56 there's a glimpse of the 2011 Oreca-Matmut 908 HDi FAP FAP FAP.

Definitely the Oreca 908. We know Oreca is in the game and it would be the only way for them to have a Peugeot labelled as 2011, even though it would still be be a 2010 model in reality.

adelante

Awesome visuals but I wanna see how it looks like filled with crowds, they've been showing off many tracks in their barren and sterile state lately

Mascot

soundscream said:
Is it so crazy to think they would hold it back to sell it to us later as DLC?

Not crazy at all, I've stated the same thing numerous times. I completely believe the DLC route to be the case. It's a fantastic business model. And if Spa and Bathurst never do make an appearance then Turn 10 really are blind and deaf to their community.

My only concern is whether any DLC tracks can be incorporated into the career mode this time around, or whether they will languish in the wilderness like Nurb F1 did in FM3. We know they can do this with cars, but with tracks? Who knows.

Fuck. Hockenshite. Coffee isn't working.

pmj

Mascot said:
The vibrating brake pedal is already supported in FM3, and you can even set it to activate when ABS kicks in or when the wheels lock up. The pedal vibration is pretty subtle, though.
How? I had to set ABS to 85 on the wheel itself to get any vibration, and that is a function entirely separate from the game.

eso76

FUCKSAS !1

If they aren't cheating and what we see at the end is a honest replay of the game then fuck me sideways, that looks 17 times better than fm3.

Top Bottom