• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 4 - The Floodgates Have Opened...

Shaneus

Diablohead said:
80 dollars? why does the UK have to pay 60 quid for an ultimate car pack edition :|

*edit* thinking about it again the LE is really poor this time around, upsetting.
Think that's bad? At EB (the only place that has it for preorder) in Australia the LE is $130.

G Rom

Jube3 said:
Heyo, I think I beat G-Rom to posting this :lol. If you Pre-Ordered Forza Motorsport 4 or are looking for some incentive to tip you over the edge check out the link below.

http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/preorder_incentives_program/

:lol

Still no pre-order here. Amazon.fr is the only website to have a page but it's just to be tipped when they start taking pre-order at the moment...
Any exciting news that we can look forward to today, Jube ?

Mascot

saladine1 said:
Yep, need more news/info regarding the game. Give it to us Turn 10, give us our Forza fix!

Totally agree. If I see any more videos of those Alpine circuits I think I'm in danger of yawning myself to death. What is it, fourteen weeks until release? Surely Turn 10 have more than fourteen things they want to talk to us about between now and then?

We need our resident renegade to come through. I wonder what sort of mood Badned woke up in this morning, and what today's chances are of him revealing this new environment he's been teasing us about?

Need. More. Information.

supersaw

Day 1 for me, bought this baby in preparation:

jzVmn.jpg

Given the new Fanatec Forza wheels I'm hoping for improved force feedback in FM4 since there was hopefully some collaboration and the Microsoft wheel has been canned.

saladine1

Mascot said:
Totally agree. If I see any more videos of those Alpine circuits I think I'm in danger of yawning myself to death. What is it, fourteen weeks until release? Surely Turn 10 have more than fourteen things they want to talk to us about between now and then?

We need our resident renegade to come through. I wonder what sort of mood Badned woke up in this morning, and what today's chances are of him revealing this new environment he's been teasing us about?

Need. More. Information.
The thing is, the term 'teaze', was concocted soley because of Turn 10. In fact, if you look the word up in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Dan Greenawalt's face with his trademark smirk..

EHGHd.jpg

Mascot

saladine1 said:
The thing is, the term 'teaze', was concocted soley because of Turn 10. In fact, if you look the word up in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Dan Greenawalt's face with his trademark smirk..
smugtorturer.jpg

I hate this power they have over me. I hate them all! Tell us about your friggin' game already!

Who am I kidding? I could never stay mad at them.

skyfinch

Forza 4. The "Don't Teaze Me, Bro" Simulator.

We've only had 3 direct feed videos to this point? The one from G Rom's site and IGN's/Gamespot's onstage interview?

I still watch Blim's 60fps video almost daily. :/

I also bypass all threads on Gaf and jump straight to this one, hoping there is new news. Usually end up seeing this.....
EHGHd.jpg

saladine1

soundscream said:
Hey weren't we supposed to hear something about a certain track this week?
BADNED said:
Depending on my mood I might be confirming one of the new environments coming to FM4 sometime this week. Will see!

I think he's in a shitty "I Ain't gonna tell shit" type of mood.
It's alright B, you can talk to me, I can fix whatever ails ya.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
skyfinch said:
Forza 4. The "Don't Teaze Me, Bro" Simulator.

We've only had 3 direct feed videos to this point? The one from G Rom's site and IGN's/Gamespot's onstage interview?

I still watch Blim's 60fps video almost daily. :/

I also bypass all threads on Gaf and jump straight to this one, hoping there is new news. Usually end up seeing this.....
http://i.imgur.com/EHGHd.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Hopefully there will be a new build at Gamescom so I can do some more 60 fps videos. They didn't have one for Forza 2 back then, so I'm not so sure :/

Mascot

New video interview?

Dan being interviewed by some German dude.

It does show car paint colour selection using Kinect, and mentions that different AI drivers will drive different-coloured cars and wear different racing suits depending who they are.
M. Rossi's suit apparent has "Bastard" on the back in gothic script.

Maybe also shows that the desert scene is one of the autovista backdrops, too (if that is new footage, which it looks like. *EDIT on second viewing this footage looks old. My bad).

You can't see Dan's hands throughout the entire interview because they are busy tickling all of our balls with a feather duster. This man would win gold in any Tease Olympics.

skyfinch

Yep, Mascot. That's old. I posted it in the E3 thread. I think we've seen everything to this point. Everything from now on is a big Teaze!

Thanks, Blim. In Gamersyde we trust.

mblitek

Blimblim said:
Hopefully there will be a new build at Gamescom so I can do some more 60 fps videos. They didn't have one for Forza 2 back then, so I'm not so sure :/

Hey Blim, I've followed your "work" for a long time. I have my own server and I'd like to offer my bandwidth&diskspace to help you out if you want?

Mascot

skyfinch said:
Yep, Mascot. That's old. I posted it in the E3 thread.

ClayDavisSheeeeit.gif

Sorry folks. How the hell did I miss the news about AI car colours and racing overalls? I must be losing my touch.

Oh well, I'll just pretend this info is this week's big reveal. Might keep me going for a few more days or until Badned cheers up a bit...

;)

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Mascot said:
ClayDavisSheeeeit.gif

Sorry folks. How the hell did I miss the news about AI car colours and racing overalls? I must be losing my touch.

Oh well, I'll just pretend this info is this week's big reveal. Might keep me going for a few more days or until Badned cheers up a bit...

;)

Another thing I just noticed in that video is that in Auto Vista you can sit in the passanger seat as well. Nice touch.

AI drivers having unique suit colors will make M. Rossi even more of a marked man.

I remember teaching that douchebag how to fly in FM2 and 3, and now with the Space Shuttle program ending, Rossi will have to-- unwillingly I'm sure-- take its place as a reusable low Earth orbit vehicle.

saladine1

M.Rossi is number two in my best video game characters of all time only being edged out by by my number 1......Pipo the robot from the PSX game Overblood....

Jube3

Spaceman Spiff said:
AI drivers having unique suit colors will make M. Rossi even more of a marked man.

I remember teaching that douchebag how to fly in FM2 and 3, and now with the Space Shuttle program ending, Rossi will have to-- unwillingly I'm sure-- take its place as a reusable low Earth orbit vehicle.

M. Rossi says "U MAD?" lol

Week in review is up - http://forzamotorsport.net/en-us/WIR_7-8/
Two for two on G-Rom this week :) /flex

G Rom

:lol

Someone call CSI, we need their enhancement software on this photo to know what track and car this is :
Gunnar3.jpg

And I want the whole raw footage shot by the camera seen in the top right ! Got to be some off-screen footage on that tape/HDD !

purg3

slept with Malkin
SCHUEY F1 said:
I wish I had my receipt still. I pre-ordered it at Gamestop and I have no idea what I did with the receipt :(. Usually I just show my id when I pick up the game.

They can reprint a receipt that has your reserves listed on it. Just stopped at mine and had them do it so I could submit for the preorder bonus.

Frankfurt

Banned
Any good LCE pre-order site that ships international? Can I just go play-Asia or is there site-specific content to worry about?

Thanks!

Mascot

"If the planets align, we hope to kick off the announcements of the cars of Forza Motorsport 4 beginning next week. Stay tuned!"

Sounds like they are getting their disclaimers in early for when it doesn't actually happen as planned*

*ie when Porsche demand a revised set of photos for approval ;)

Shaneus

shinnn said:
thanks Jube! Brian needs to use FM4 images in WIR though =p

"If the planets align, we hope to kick off the announcements of the cars of Forza Motorsport 4 beginning next week. Stay tuned!"

yay! One video of each car please =p
Honestly, cars are generally pretty predictable unless they pick stuff that's *really* exotic, like an Australian muscle car or a prototype or something. I think people want to really see what tracks are there.

shinnn

Yes it's the Alps track. And looks like his own car (new manufacter to Forza I think?)

13zti83.jpg

edit: also, custom suits?

2nbdl01.jpg

Branson

supersaw said:

jzVmn.jpg

Given the new Fanatec Forza wheels I'm hoping for improved force feedback in FM4 since there was hopefully some collaboration and the Microsoft wheel has been canned.
How's this working out for ya? About to take the plunge so I can finally play Forza because playing a sim with a controller should be a crime.

Yoritomo

Doodis said:
Crud, looks like it was a mistake. It's since been pulled. Already had a preorder there, but wish I could have caught this for $20 less.

It might have been a mistake but my preorder for the LCE is still only 59.99.

I need 2 more copies of the game though so I suppose I'll preorder from 2 different places to make sure I get as many bonus cars as possible.

supersaw said:

jzVmn.jpg

Nice, I recently got that wheel up and running (after a defect exchange) and it's been awesome. Have the Rennsport Wheelstand and getting the Clubsport pedals in a month or two and I will be FULLY ready for Forza 4!

I also hope there is some profiles ala' GT5 for wheels this round. Would be great if they implemented clubsport pedal/shifter settings too.

Doodis

Yoritomo said:
It might have been a mistake but my preorder for the LCE is still only 59.99.
Yeah, when I went to screengrab my invoice for the pre-order bonus, I noticed it said $59.99 for my LCE. Hopefully it stays that way!

Mascot

Branson said:
How's this working out for ya? About to take the plunge so I can finally play Forza because playing a sim with a controller should be a crime.

I didn't make the original post but I did buy a GT2 a few weeks ago (along with a full cockpit) so can offer some personal thoughts. It's awesome. If the funds are in place then don't even think about it, just do it, unless you want to hang on for full details and availability of the new Fanatec range. Personally I don't think we'll see those for delivery this year, and the GT2 does everything I need anyway. I have a MS FFB wheel and a Logitech G27 (which came with my racing rig) and while the GT2 utterly obliterates the MS wheel it's a closer run thing against the G27, but still a definite step up. Build quality is superb and the belt drive makes it a lot smoother in use, and on-the-fly tweaking and five different setting saves is a lot more useful than it sounds. Of course, it's biggest plus for me its multi-functionality, making flipping between GT5 and FM3 just a couple of button presses away.

I'm going out of my mind at the moment 'cos it's breathed new life into a bunch of racing games, but I've knackered my neck pretty badly and can't use the wheel right now. Every time I walk past the room it's in I can hear it calling me like a siren on the rocks. Soon, my love. Soon.

Mascot

shinnn said:

400 Allards each on the Marketplace. Helmets a snip at only 300..!

*EDIT* Oh snap! I bet my balls that we can now design suits and helmets. THAT is the new thing planned for the livery editor that Turn 10 have been hinting at.

How cool would that be, AND I get to keep my balls.

Sabine!

WIR_7_7_2.jpg

We need to have a ghost of her to race around the 'Ring. In fact, I think it would be cool to have ghosts of famous racers around famous tracks to try and beat. Just sort of an extra personal challenge thing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
purg3 said:
They can reprint a receipt that has your reserves listed on it. Just stopped at mine and had them do it so I could submit for the preorder bonus.

Cool. Thanks, I will go do that.

shinnn said:
Yes it's the Alps track. And looks like his own car (new manufacter to Forza I think?)

13zti83.jpg

Yeah, that's the Oreca LMPC car Jeannette ran in the ALMS a year or two ago. Hell yes for more racing sports cars and prototypes.

As for the racing suits, I'm just glad we now have licensed Arai and Alpinestars gear, as opposed to the generic Forza suits from games past. Can't wait the see The Stig.

Mascot

Spaceman Spiff said:
As for the racing suits, I'm just glad we now have licensed Arai and Alpinestars gear, as opposed to the generic Forza suits from games past.

Yeah, I always found it a bit odd in FM3 that we had Alpinestars, Sparco and Puma billboards everywhere, but none of their kit. Seeing drivers wear licensed gear in FM4 will certainly add another layer of realism.

Branson

Mascot said:
I didn't make the original post but I did buy a GT2 a few weeks ago (along with a full cockpit) so can offer some personal thoughts. It's awesome. If the funds are in place then don't even think about it, just do it, unless you want to hang on for full details and availability of the new Fanatec range. Personally I don't think we'll see those for delivery this year, and the GT2 does everything I need anyway. I have a MS FFB wheel and a Logitech G27 (which came with my racing rig) and while the GT2 utterly obliterates the MS wheel it's a closer run thing against the G27, but still a definite step up. Build quality is superb and the belt drive makes it a lot smoother in use, and on-the-fly tweaking and five different setting saves is a lot more useful than it sounds. Of course, it's biggest plus for me its multi-functionality, making flipping between GT5 and FM3 just a couple of button presses away.

I'm going out of my mind at the moment 'cos it's breathed new life into a bunch of racing games, but I've knackered my neck pretty badly and can't use the wheel right now. Every time I walk past the room it's in I can hear it calling me like a siren on the rocks. Soon, my love. Soon.

Haha, thanks, I just ordered one actually, so this is refreshing to hear. I have a G25 but wanted to have a wheel for all since I play iRacing, GT5, and soon Forza. Just going to use my G25 pedals so far. Makes it a cheap upgrade, 250 is a drop in the bucket for an upgrade like this.

skyfinch

FM3's gloves were so ugly. You have the cockpit that was dull to begin with, then you have such an ugly colour scheme for the gloves (black, grey and bright orange). Glad they are changing this.

That green car is pretty, by the way. So very, very pretty. You can almost smell the pretty flowers. :p

G Rom

BADNED confirmed ORECA as a manufacturer, nice ! :)
Hope we'll see some ORECA-Nissan LMP2.
As for the helmet and suit stuff, we also know from screenshot that drivers have a HANS device now.

Shortt Sirket said:
Sabine!

[IMG ]http://download.xbox.com/content/mgs/forza/en-US/forzamain/blog/mainimage/WIR_7_7_2.jpg[/IMG]

We need to have a ghost of her to race around the 'Ring. In fact, I think it would be cool to have ghosts of famous racers around famous tracks to try and beat. Just sort of an extra personal challenge thing.

Thinking about it, I would love to have Autovista for real tracks with point of interest on corners, sceneries, etc told by drivers that race there, history of the track throughout the years, etc...

G Rom said:
Thinking about it, I would love to have Autovista for real tracks with point of interest on corners, sceneries, etc told by drivers that race there, history of the track throughout the years, etc...
That's a brilliant idea.

On a smaller scale I'd love if the game displayed the names of certain turns as you approached them. Something small and unobtrusive, but that would better allow people to discuss certain areas of the track - in the same manner that more shooters have started to incorporate callouts into their maps.

supersaw

Branson said:

I've been extremely happy thus far, I got the clubsport pedals with it and they are fantastic. Previously I had the Microsoft wheel and a Logitech Momo for PC, the Fanatec blows them both out of the water.

One thing I did notice though is the inferior force feedback in Forza 3 compared to a lot of PC games, iRacing is probably the best implementation of Force Feedback I've ever experienced.

I'm really, really hoping that Turn10 did a bit of collaboration with the Fanatec guys to achieve more realistic force feedback.

That said. It's still an amazing feeling flying around the Nürburgring using the H-shifter and clutch.

Raudi

supersaw said:
I'm really, really hoping that Turn10 did a bit of collaboration with the Fanatec guys to achieve more realistic force feedback.

Look closely at the wheel in the photo of Jeannette in the sled at T10 - The wheel he is using looks to be the Fanatec CSR (aluminum face with red buttons) with Club Sport pedals!

I have had a Fanatec PWTS wheel on my rig since they were first available and just recently bought a GT2 - Definitely worth it for the added realism and level of immersion.

Here's my setup initially bought for for Forza, but now expanded to GT5 and PC :)

5457726316_ee5c039e38_z.jpg

Top Bottom