• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

I'm loving the physics transitions from surface to surface. So much to take into account when steeping on that accelerator.

I've been playing hours a day since launch and only have 5 cars to show for it.
I love the grind!

However, I don't think the slog will last 'cause I've got a feeling Turn 10 are working on fixing that up.

p3tran, welcome aboard!

choo chooo

Ok guys. I've spent enough time with the game to feel like stepping it up to the next level.

I'm prepping myself for the black hole my wallet will feel for buying a wheel/peddles.

I know theres 1(?) wheel available. Does the collective forzaGAF mind know compatible peddles, etc etc

Ok guys. I've spent enough time with the game to feel like stepping it up to the next level.

I'm prepping myself for the black hole my wallet will feel for buying a wheel/peddles.

I know theres 1(?) wheel available. Does the collective forzaGAF mind know compatible peddles, etc etc

You are probably going to have to wait till thrustmaster releases the expansion. Im waiting for January for Fanatec to announce something, because I would hate to have to lose my clubsport pedals.

saladine1

You are probably going to have to wait till thrustmaster releases the expansion. Im waiting for January for Fanatec to announce something, because I would hate to have to lose my clubsport pedals.

Are they announcing something in January?

C'mon Thomas, hurry the fuck up, I'm dying here!

fine with me. My wallet is screaming already from the 3 consoles purchased in the last month.

I need to stop going into that monetization thread, I'm going to go off on someone and catch a Ban. There is no room for discussion in there.

hoserx

I haven't read any of this thread nor am I really interested in racing games generally but this thread title makes me laugh every time I see it, so for that I commend the OP. That's all, return to your regular on-topic discussion.

I need to stop going into that monetization thread, I'm going to go off on someone and catch a Ban. There is no room for discussion in there.
Its people who haven't played the game making snap judgments about a buytogetcontent quickly scheme that's a pretty shitty value for consumers.

At least before going off the handle, you'd think people would let some time go by and see how the progression system really works in game.

Its people who haven't played the game making snap judgments about a buytogetcontent quickly scheme that's a pretty shitty value for consumers.

At least before going off the handle, you'd think people would let some time go by and see how the progression system really works in game.

I see whos posting and I have seen other post that they have made and agendas are as clear as day.

I've just crossed a million credits in the bank, even though I've got about ten tuned cars in the garage. I would post that in the other thread, but what's the point.

Dynamic3

Are the cars in the Day One / VIP / LE car packs simply early unlocks or can you not get them otherwise? Or are they just special liveried versions of cars that everyone can access?

Also, how much is VIP membership on the store?

I'm debating between the standard and LE.

I suck at this game, I will not lie. This is my first Forza Motorsport, and now I am wondering if there is a difference between Foza Horizon(which I loved) and the Motorsport series. I had a perfect setup for Forza Horizon that allowed me to drive with ease, but unfortunately I dropped my hard drive for my 360 on the stairs and now it is broken(this happened on the day I got my Xbox One ironically) so I cannot go back and see it. From what I recall on Forza Horizon, I had most things set to the hardest except for shifting, which I have on automatic, because I cannot for the life of me get used to it. What would GAF suggest for me to do, because please I really need some help.

G Rom

FM4 was less forgiving than the hardest setting of Horizon and FM5 is even less forgiving than FM4 so it is indeed normal that you're feeling a difference between the two.

Are the cars in the Day One / VIP / LE car packs simply early unlocks or can you not get them otherwise? Or are they just special liveried versions of cars that everyone can access?

Also, how much is VIP membership on the store?

I'm debating between the standard and LE.

Day-one and LE cars are liveried cars otherwise available to anyone.
VIP car pack contains five cars that cannot be obtained any other way.

Dynamic3

Day-one and LE cars are liveried cars otherwise available to anyone.
VIP car pack contains five cars that cannot be obtained any other way.

Edit: I can't seem to find how much the VIP pack is if you buy it separately from the marketplace.

Also the RS7 is LE only and can't be purchased on the marketplace, correct?

kazinova

I suck at this game, I will not lie. This is my first Forza Motorsport, and now I am wondering if there is a difference between Foza Horizon(which I loved) and the Motorsport series. I had a perfect setup for Forza Horizon that allowed me to drive with ease, but unfortunately I dropped my hard drive for my 360 on the stairs and now it is broken(this happened on the day I got my Xbox One ironically) so I cannot go back and see it. From what I recall on Forza Horizon, I had most things set to the hardest except for shifting, which I have on automatic, because I cannot for the life of me get used to it. What would GAF suggest for me to do, because please I really need some help.

Horizon seemed more forgiving than the mainline Motorsports series. But the physics model was mostly the same, so your skills should transfer.

There's two main areas that give people problems, braking and locking up and trying to accelerate too quickly and spinning out.

If you know which one is giving you problems add ABS (for braking) or TCS (for accelerating) until you get a feel for slowly squeezing the triggers for braking into a turn and throttling out.

Also, give manual a chance, it's really fun once you get used to it. Driving stick in real life helps, though. It's all about training your brain: braking, downshift, straightaway, upshift...etc.

zorbsie

Got the system this morning! Now to wait for Forza to show up. lol Soon everyone will be able to drive past my drivatar.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. As I finished that post, got a knock on the door. Installing Forza 5 now. IT BEGINS!

LeBoef

Kill the engine sound?
How?
I love the new turbo sounds!

think it was a focus (or fiesta?) where i ve used a turbo. after a few turns the engine was quiet and all you heard was the turbo. on some spots of the track, the engine sound came back for a moment.
happened on indianapolis

Mascot

Hopefully a self-ban; very little of interest in his posting history unless the bothersome posts deserved a purging.

Bothersome posts? Drugstore Cowboy is one of the most balanced and sensible posters on here, and a dedicated Forza enthusiast. I can see nothing in his recent posting history that's either banworthy or 'bothersome'. What are you seeing that I'm not?

Mascot

Nothing; I meant that if he were banned for a (recent) post then it must have been deleted because I don't see anything either. PM a mod and ask, I think you will get an answer if it was a self-ban. Could ask DC on XBL too.

Shit, sorry - totally misinterpreted your post...! Yeah, have asked on XBL.

chifanpoe

It seems the Fiat 500 is glitching as it's not the first time I saw a bunch of 500s going crazy.

mobile.87zls8x.jpg

Heh funny, Fiat 500 are terrible cars any way you look at them in game or not...

skyfinch

This sucks. I have the money but can't find an Xbox one anywhere. Some stores where I live are even saying they won't have stock till after January!

Fuck this, I'm gonna go play Bubble Witch.

2beep

Banned
Edit: I can't seem to find how much the VIP pack is if you buy it separately from the marketplace.

Also the RS7 is LE only and can't be purchased on the marketplace, correct?

vip is 20$, but damn dat cobra and yellowbird! think i saw the rs7 and i dont have LE

BearChair

So I haven't bought the game yet, but I'm curious if a change has been made in comparison to FM4.

In FM4, when you were in a multiplayer lobby you could not tweak car setups between races. You could load a new setup, but if you were going from Tsukuba to the 'Ring, you could not go into a setup and lengthen the gearing. If there was a car you really liked, you basically had to have setups for each track and switch among them.

Has this been changed for FM5?

Also, in regards to multiplayer, are races still nearly all sprint races of at most eight laps. Even in single player, are there any endurance races?

CONAN

i have a problem with Forza that every time I play the game and after a while my screen turnoff & on for seconds.

changed my HDMI cable & it's happened again. did anyone face a problem like this? or something similar ?

Anion

I really want a tuning calculator! Someone, go make one
Im so used to driving near perfectly tuned cars from Forza 4

A few dumb questions for someone who just turned the game on a couple hours ago:

1. Is there any type of crew/club thing that I'm just missing? I'd like to get more NeoGAF drivatars in my career and have more times to shoot for.

2. It seems harder than ever to get a clean lap with so many cars on track. How far back in the previous lap does the penalty extend that starts your new lap as dirty?

3. What did the Day One edition give me?

G Rom

A few dumb questions for someone who just turned the game on a couple hours ago:

1. Is there any type of crew/club thing that I'm just missing? I'd like to get more NeoGAF drivatars in my career and have more times to shoot for.

2. It seems harder than ever to get a clean lap with so many cars on track. How far back in the previous lap does the penalty extend that starts your new lap as dirty?

3. What did the Day One edition give me?

1. Clubs were removed unfortunately so only way to get NeoGAF avatars is to add people

2. I haven't tested it but in FM4 it was usually before the last corner

3. Day One edition gave you cars that have a special livery and a different case for the game.

Sucks about the clubs :/. Maybe they can still add that in!

It's definitely not the last corner. I've had 4-5 clean corners and still start dirty the next lap. I wish the game explained that system a little better...

EDIT: I love the Top Gear intros. Just love them.

Sucks about the clubs :/. Maybe they can still add that in!

It's definitely not the last corner. I've had 4-5 clean corners and still start dirty the next lap. I wish the game explained that system a little better...

EDIT: I love the Top Gear intros. Just love them.

Were there any cars ahead or behind you? You might have been drafting or being drafted.

p3tran

Banned
you know this game is going to be FUCKIN' SPECIAL
when in your maiden race

it puts fordgt guy right next to you in the starting line
and jube behind you :D
mister McKane, you're going down man!!

IT BEGINS NOW!! 8)

Raudi

Here's one from me

Please Download and Like to support the Raudi new car fund - Thanks Gaf! :)

Edit: [Gearbox] B class tune available: search creator = jfiler

11054189616_f6383df3b7_c.jpg

I really wanna know why they hid the custom Layer groups in the general layer group menu. I found it by accident. Is that going to end up in the marketplace?

Top Bottom