• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Ambient80

So I just got the game, and it's the first racing game I've played since like the N64 days. I like it so far, but...

It seems like every time I tap the break or turn my car, the back of my car goes spinning and it's just chaos. Am I doing something wrong? I swear for at least 90% of any given race the back of my car isn't in control. Very frustrating. :(

saladine1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwgpkeTtXaw

Forza vs Real life Spa.

So I just got the game, and it's the first racing game I've played since like the N64 days. I like it so far, but...

It seems like every time I tap the break or turn my car, the back of my car goes spinning and it's just chaos. Am I doing something wrong? I swear for at least 90% of any given race the back of my car isn't in control. Very frustrating. :(

Have you got it on 'Normal' or 'Simulation' steering setting?

I've been playing on a shitty 32" 720p LCD ever since the game cam out. It looked great but finally got my 60" 1080p Panasonic plasma out of storage and holy fuck at the difference!
The game looks phenomenal on that set.

Ambient80

Have you got it on 'Normal' or 'Simulation' steering setting?

I've been playing on a shitty 32" 720p LCD ever since the game cam out. It looked great but finally got my 60" 1080p Panasonic plasma out of storage and holy fuck at the difference!
The game looks phenomenal on that set.

Normal right now. Simulation seemed like it might be even less predictable! Lol

saladine1

Normal right now. Simulation seemed like it might be even less predictable! Lol

The normal setting should settle things down a bit but it seems that your trying drive like it's an arcade racer. You have to really slow down at the corners and try not to take them too quickly. Once your into a corner, feather the accelerator and don't just push down straight away. Slow and steady is the way to go.
I suggest you put on some aids like traction and stability control just to get a feel of things first. Once you start getting a little more confident, take off an aid one at a time to see how things feel.

saladine1

Please Turn 10, look into the accel and deccel deadzone issues. They need tweaking from your end because no matter what we do in the settings, they still don't behave properly.
This is backed up by a shitload of people too..

Oh, and the lack of tuning options before a race is getting ridiculously annoying...

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So I reached Driver Level 10 but the achievement is not unlocking. Are there any known issues with that or am I doing something wrong?

Quoting myself just to update: I got the Forza Lifestyle achievement - Driver Level 10 - but only after I had already reached Driver Level 10 and played one more game. After that second game I got the achievement.

dejay

Banned
Quoting myself just to update: I got the Forza Lifestyle achievement - Driver Level 10 - but only after I had already reached Driver Level 10 and played one more game. After that second game I got the achievement.

I've noticed this with every cheevo based on driver level.

You can rent the McLaren P1 in free mode and do the challenge there.

Oh ok, thanks. I was wondering about that, but the challenge says "Your". So I assumed we had to own it.

EDIT: Didn't pop for me. Hit 245mph for a good 5 seconds on the big straight of Le Mans, no pop. Finished the race as well to make sure it didn't pop at the end, nope.

saladine1

I love how now, if you put a supercharger upgrade, the whine is heard whilst in idle.
Sounds menacing with a V8.

Also, holy shit at the idle of the Stingray 427 after some exhaust and cam upgrades. Lumpy as shit!

saladine1

put a pillow to catch your jaw from hitting the floor hard baby 8)

the bathurst king is here

ibhiVzUqGexia2.jpg

You're going to need more than a Beetle to catch this Sting Ray mate..

RiZRKu6.jpg

JimiNutz

Banned
This game gets way to much shit for its graphics here. The game is stunning most of the time.

Maybe I'm just easy to please but I think it looks phenomenal.
My girlfriend doesn't like games, nor my Dad (he actually hates them) and both were completely blown away by the visuals - although they don't see many games so that probably has something to do with it.

GAF is so jaded.

sub_mart

Neo Member
So after a week my controller batteries started dying and for a moment i was playing without rumble/trigger feedback..

Man it's a different game. You don't realise how much of a difference the triggers add to the experience until you play without feedback. (ok, assuming you've gotten used to the game abit)...

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Ok, so I'm really enjoying FM5 but I tend to play in short spurts so I don't have many cars, I'm just having fun racing in my MINI. For the first time I decided to try free play and drove one of the F1 cars, I know this is obvious, but HOLY SHIT at the difference in speed. I felt like I was playing in fast forward. So much fun.

Ok, so I'm really enjoying FM5 but I tend to play in short spurts so I don't have many cars, I'm just having fun racing in my MINI. For the first time I decided to try free play and drove one of the F1 cars, I know this is obvious, but HOLY SHIT at the difference in speed. I felt like I was playing in fast forward. So much fun.

After trying the E21 the Enzo feels slow lol.

Krilekk

Banned
Oh ok, thanks. I was wondering about that, but the challenge says "Your". So I assumed we had to own it.

EDIT: Didn't pop for me. Hit 245mph for a good 5 seconds on the big straight of Le Mans, no pop. Finished the race as well to make sure it didn't pop at the end, nope.

Hmmm, mine popped on that straight going 395 km/h despite the achievement saying I need to go 402 km/h. It popped right after the straight.

Went on a buying spree with all the cars being discounted. Bought the Atom and realized you can totally cheese this game through free play mode.

I had a quick go of Forza 5 at my buddys house today, have to say that I am more impressed with the bone than I wanted to be. Graphics were excellent, but those triggers! Damn I want those on PS4

p3tran

Banned
You're going to need more than a Beetle to catch this Sting Ray mate..

RiZRKu6.jpg

oh... I'm stupid... :) I posted on the photomode thread... duh..

well, in case, VERY GOOD JOB MATE!!
just dont go look at them leaderboards lolol

yo-salt0fsb.jpg

scratch: javelin amx
scratch: stingray

there's only ONE bathurst king baby 8)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Went on a buying spree with all the cars being discounted. Bought the Atom and realized you can totally cheese this game through free play mode.

cheese the game for credits?

i too went on a massive spending spree. didnt think i could rack up 3 mill, so bought the dbr9, atom, 458, skyline, etc. would be nice to get a few high end cars (maybe the 908) before the weekend is over

nateeasy

Banned
2011 McLaren Forza Motorsport 12C with special livery and tuning package.

3mq6r y4ppx xxwvp 7kfd9 gpt4z

Microsoft emailed it to me. I probably wont buy this game.

Grassy

New Forza Rewards are available now. Tier 5 gets you 5 million credits!

Shiiiit I am Tier 4 and I just claimed my 4 million credits! I will make the most of this before the 50% off finishes up. This coupled with grinding on Indy will help me get pretty much all cars I need to finish the game.

The best way to take advantage of this is to use the Lotus E21 on the Indy oval track, turn off all assists and set the max drivers to 16 and I do 40 laps. Just before the race use the bonus tokens VIP received to buy the 2 hour XP boost(which I think costs 200 tokens). Doing the above will net you about 100,000 credits per race, then an additional 6 driver levels which is about 190,000 credits for bout 290,000 credits in 30 minutes. So in each 2 hour block you can make over 1,100,000 credits. I've been grinding all day.

I think there's still 6-7 hours until the 50% off cars ends too so there's still plenty of time left to get in on it.

Edit: Damn, just hit Tier 5. 5 million credits it is.

Do I have to actually do anything to get my free 1 million credits? I logged on earlier today and got a measly $10k from my Drivatar after 91 races but other than that there is nothing in any of the messages about my $1M. I got the free F1 car via the messages but no cash.

ahuffman

Banned
Do I have to actually do anything to get my free 1 million credits? I logged on earlier today and got a measly $10k from my Drivatar after 91 races but other than that there is nothing in any of the messages about my $1M. I got the free F1 car via the messages but no cash.

You have to go to the forza website, under the rewards category. That is how I did it anyways.

2beep

Banned
only tier 3 here with a new live account, bought a car for every series apart from old f1 and indy
didnt play much yet still waiting for the wheel :(

Top Bottom