• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Anion

May be I am in the minority here but I actually like how the reward work now. I found that in Forza 4, I would end up with cars reward that I don't care for or will never drive. I like that affinity would just give you cash so you can spend how you see fit.

Seriously, my only beef with this game is the lack of tracks. The driving is awesome. I am thinking how about instead of Forza 6, they just keep adding contents to this one.

I agree, what I hated was that they would give you free cars after a level up. As a more hardcore gamer, I kinda lost value in those cars. I can understand that they wanted to make it more "friendly" for more casual racers. I would have rather that they give money from the start instead of driver level 50 or whatever it was.

Here's another odd omission that can probably be fixed very easily in the next patch - (Turn10 are you listening?)

In Freeplay at the end of a race, the option bar at the top features "event results" which lists as you might have guessed the event results.

This is nowhere to be found post-race in the career. So while pausing you can see the current state of play - but at the end of the race - THERE ARE NO RACE RESULTS.

Silly sods.

RoKKeR

They need to make every car available for Free Play. I sort of like the focus on the value and ownership of cars but it's fucking stupid that I can't just drive whatever car I want whenever I want, even when earning no credits.

Mascot

Might be wanky to you but there's a shitload of people who are into those forms of motorsport.

The thing about other racing disciplines is that it adds some variety. I know sometimes I wish I can kick back and do something other than circuit race.
Variety is a good thing and we should be for it not against it.

What games offer dedicated drag and drift which features hundreds of cars and customized options?

Nothing really.

A game like Forza with it's production values can offer so much in this regard. There's a multitude of people in the world who drag race and drift. Communities have built up leagues for Forza based on those disciplines.

I don't know, I just think maybe it's time to expand a little on that Motorsport part in Forza...
Drag and drift would be half-assed and a waste of resources. Come on, Sal - Dan doesn't even think something as fundamental as pit strategy is important in a flippin' racing game.

Do you not think drag and drift fit the festival atmosphere of Horizon better than FM?

For FM6 I'm hoping for night (probable), wet tracks (unlikely) and a shit-load of new/old locations. Forzavista will probably be expanded again because Dan seems to want to give us an interactive car brochure with some racing functions.

oVerde

Banned
Was playing today, and heck, many web personas are so bad rated in the game. lol
Beat every one of them, and my friends timings too on rivals mode (which give loads of credits too), having a blast with the game, didn't reached the paywall thought.

p3tran

Banned
Do you not think drag and drift fit the festival atmosphere of Horizon better than FM?

For FM6 I'm hoping for night (probable), wet tracks (unlikely) and a shit-load of new/old locations. Forzavista will probably be expanded again because Dan seems to want to give us an interactive car brochure with some racing functions.

you are very correct on the atmosphere part, but I am not sure about the precision required part. on horizon, that is.

and fuck forza 6!! I just got forza 5 and i'm having a blast!! the leap from 4 IS great
And they have announced via evo magazine that nurburgring is coming with santa clauss, and we know there is more than that.

I want T10 to have at least 6 moths to work on title updates on forza 5. and they would be stupid not to do so.

gsrjedi

Soundscream - back out to the home space and choose car, buy car. If you try to buy a car directly from a race series, it is auto-upgraded

ShowDog

They should definitely have a free play mode for just about every car in the game. If there are a few locked away that is fine. The same way Arcade Mode worked in Gran Turismo.

What's the point of having a career mode then?

Fun. The point of the entire game is fun. It's fun to earn cars in a career and be able to customize them as you wish. Or at least it should be. Forcing people to do that by removing the free play options while at the same time oh so conveniently dropping microtransactions everywhere changes everything.

This whole era of earning and unlocking and leveling up and bragging about your "accomplishments" is ridiculous. It gets in the way of what is supposed to be a fun activity. It made sense when introduced in a competitive shooter like Call of Duty multiplayer but now it is being introduced to limit single player so you can "show off" to your friends and gain "exclusivity" oh yeah unless you just want to shell out some extra cash. It's fucking insanity.

This isn't a career or a job. It's playtime. It's fun. And your $60 should give you the right to enjoy it. Unless you happily piss it all away and prove you are willing to pay more.

If Turn 10 brought back the free play option I really don't think people would be all over them about this issue. Many would rightfully be wary of the balance being altered in Career mode, but it wouldn't be nearly the slap in the face it is now. Good luck trying to drive the car on the cover of the damn game you just bought otherwise.

Fun. The point of the entire game is fun. It's fun to earn cars in a career and be able to customize them as you wish. Or at least it should be. Forcing people to do that by removing the free play options while at the same time oh so conveniently dropping microtransactions everywhere changes everything.

100% agreed. In previous Forza games Free Play was always the game mode I played the most. I don't care about customizing cars, earning credits, and all that stuff. I just want to drive all cars. And now, instead of adding some much requested features to Free Play (such as customizable AI difficulty) they are removing features. Not happy...

Sebtrt

Neo Member
I love the game, but the VIP doesn't work at all for me. No part of it is working in game. Already tried reinstalling. And now I'm missing out on the Lotus E21 and LaFerrari gifts (I did buy the DLC). I'm just going to stop playing until this is fixed.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I love the game, but the VIP doesn't work at all for me. No part of it is working in game. Already tried reinstalling. And now I'm missing out on the Lotus E21 and LaFerrari gifts (I did buy the DLC). I'm just going to stop playing until this is fixed.

Me too. Disappointed that it isn't fixed yet. Really hope it is sorted ASAP!

G Rom

Best thing about F1 being given to all VIPs is that it will most likely speed up replicas appearance in the game :

mobile.119x9uhg.jpg

eso76

Takes a damn joypad surgeon to take the atom around Bathurst or even the alps.
Man do I suck at this game..and I thought I was semi almost half decent at fm4...:(

it was immense fun though

Ty4on

Aaaand this is why all racing games should have livery editors...
Not when it has to look so wrong with that nasty nose :p
Takes a damn joypad surgeon to take the atom around Bathurst or even the alps.
Man do I suck at this game..and I thought I was semi almost half decent at fm4...:(
You can get more precise steering by holding it forward, but it takes a bit of getting used to.

Lima

Damn. I should have preordered Xbox One. :/

Once you get to play the game they will most likely have fixed a lot of things. They will further increase credit payouts for races etc.

Things will most likely go back to how there were in Forza 4. No worries.

Lima

How do you check which class car is eligible for which event?

You select the event, go to buy a car and all the cars eligible for the event will be shown. Then back out, go to buy car and buy the one you want. Then upgrade it.

Kinda complicated right now but there is now other way to get around that bad auto upgrade.

m23

You select the event, go to buy a car and all the cars eligible for the event will be shown. Then back out, go to buy car and buy the one you want. Then upgrade it.

Kinda complicated right now but there is now other way to get around that bad auto upgrade.

Thanks. And thanks Turn10 for making it so simple and easy to figure that out.

Lima

How is the driving/physics model compared to Forza4?

Much better. I would even say it is the best in the series. A lot of other guys I've talked to (most of them are in the top 50) seem to think the same. It is the first game in the series to have proper grip levels.

This makes this whole microtransaction fiasco even more depressing because the core gameplay has never been better.

Devildoll

Much better. I would even say it is the best in the series. A lot of other guys I've talked to (most of them are in the top 50) seem to think the same. It is the first game in the series to have proper grip levels.

how much grip is proper grip? more or less than the prior game?

Lima

More than 4. we are moving towards more realistic grip levels now. 4 feels like driving on ice in comparison (yes I put the game in today again to compare).

Love it.

saladine1

The suspension and tyre simulation is simply astonishing in FM5.
Every car is unique and his it's own handling characteristics whereas in FM4, that distinction wasn't as obvious.

I just feel that there was quite a missed opportunity to ride on that sentiment by not finding a way for people to use existing wheels...

I caved.

The E21 is absolutely fucking glorious. The last street section of Prague full throttle was making me grin like a big kid last night.

That and it made me yearn for some PGR.

Talking about grip levels the forza series has been through a lot.

Forza 2 had less grip then forza 1, forza 3 gave us a ton of grip but then 4 went mid ground.

Weird thing about forza 4 grip IMO is that lower stock cars slide like fuck but b class and up suddenly get superglue grip, race tires > everything else when it comes to tuning.

Top Bottom