• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

saladine1

thank you complainers. 5 mill and half off cars. all kinds of shit bought. with my money and car issues sorted whats to keep playing me playing?

;)

I've still only got around 7 cars and I'm in no hurry whatsoever to get more.
The only complaint I have is that my fingers are fucking sore from using the pad. Don't know how guys use it for racing. Tapping away and pressing shit....God, I need a fucking wheel..

p3tran

Banned
Alright p3tran, looks like I'm King Of The Mountain. Let's move on to a shorter circuit this time. Yas Marina North..

let the records show that this statement is FALSEN!! ;PPp

mountainoicpv.jpg

there can only be one my friend. deal with it!! :D

and here's your complimentary "BATHURST KING" wallpaper. enjoy!

sal_wallpaperebf15.jpg

If I spend as much time hotlapping as taking this photo, then our difference would be about +3s ;pPppp

p3tran

Banned
now beat dan
I have no beef with dan, whoever that is.
its between me and my friend Sal!
and its between my bug against Sal's 7 cars lol

now, if Saladine does not accept defeat and passes me again, then yes, you will see both of us going higher up the ladder.
otherwise, if he picks another track, then off we go to another track for now.
;)

here's a 2-lap replay of a run on top gear test rack, against stig on highest difficulty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDaZttDLcSk&hd=1
its a big pity that while the DVR functionality and tools are excellent, the final video is a piece of shit 4mbit compressed-to-hell barf.
hopefully microsoft patches dvr to offer a reasonable quality video.

NeoGash

I am full in livery edit mode. Given the new way paints and such are being distributed, I need requests! I'm going to create a new NeoGAF livery, but I need to know which car(s) to slap it on.

Also any requests for any game-related liveries?

1970 Mustang Boss 429. Please tell me they have that car in Forza 5, it is amazing.

EDIT: Just got my 3,000,000 credits. Funny... after 15 hours of playing Forza I can already afford the Lotus E21, aka the most expensive car in the game that "YOU HAVE TO PAY $70 TO BUY YOU CAN'T GRIND IT IT'LL TAKE FOREVER". Funny how Microtransactions aren't as bad as people freaked them out to be, lol.

You just generously benefited from the results of complaining fans, and then you turn around and say that what they were doing was overblown.

got a cool million in Forza rewards. what cars should i buy while this 50% off deal is going on? what are some of the best cars in the game atm?

G Rom

WTF Turn 10, why did you put a limit to the number of photos you can save ?!
It can't be to prevent slowness as I've already reached the hard limit when in previous Forza I was going in the hundreds of photos before the game started to crawl when saving a photo.

They need to remove the limit in the next update or it's going to be terrible to have to manage those files every time...

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Is there a way to see what the regular prices of cars are to confirm that the 50% is working?

Seems odd that the 1998 Eagle Talon TSi Turbo is still $39,550 with a half price sale.

And why is it when I select a league and then look at the cars some of them will load an initial price and then it changes to something drastically more expensive?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Holy crap!! Please don't tell me that buying cars out of the league select screen is more expensive because these cars already have upgrades on them?
I just spent nearly 3.5 million on cars this morning and didn't know there was any difference in where I shopped from.

Holy crap!! Please don't tell me that buying cars out of the league select screen is more expensive because these cars already have upgrades on them?
I just spent nearly 3.5 million on cars this morning and didn't know there was any difference in where I shopped from.

Wait, what!?

Also, is there no indicator to tell you what cars you already own?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wait, what!?

Also, is there no indicator to tell you what cars you already own?

Yes no indicator and the cars are much cheaper when you select "Car" and then "Buy Cars". Must be because they are without upgrades in that buying window.

The higher end cars are not different in price though. But something simple like a Talon or Mustang GT are thousands of dollars apart.

Got damn that 4 million in rewards credits can buy a lot of awesome cars with this sale going on.

Got myself the P1 and that first drive was something else. So much power and the engine is amazing in surround sound.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
T10 really nailed the physics in this game, after buying a crapload of cars last night I took a few out for some freeplay and it was quite impressive how different each car felt.

Loiselle

I'm having less than zero luck with their rewards website. Says I am a Tier 0 driver with no rewards. I know it's horseshit. About 30 minutes ago, I was Tier 4, and had 4m CR ready to redeem. It wouldn't. The damn icon kept spinning. Now when I log into the site, it shows absolutely nothing. Not too pleased about this. Hopefully it all gets hashed out sooner rather than later.

Spunked my reward money on the Cinque.

motherofgod.gif going through the Prague tunnel section.

Now we just need the Zonda R and/or F.

Hawk269

Can't get my free 1 million either, only my 3 million credits were able to redeemed.

Doesn't that screen shot say "Next Tier Rewards" as in when you get to the next Tier, you get the 1million?

I was able to redeem my 4 million last night and bought a bunch of cars up due to the 50% off, but right after I did this, the Rewards screen above is what it showed me, that when I hit the next Tier, there will be another 1million.

Hawk269

Thanks Turn 10/Xbox Live for not fixing the VIP shit yet.

+1. I have been a VIP ever since they created it I believe in Forza 2. Been VIP in it, Forza 3, Forza 4, Forza Horizon...technically I am in Forza 5, but the game does not recognize it. I have a receipt and a physical copy that says I am, but in-game where it counts it says I am not a VIP, nor have I earned any of the accelerated bonuses. Thing that sucks is that I LOVE the game, even with the lack of tracks and enjoy playing it, but I fear that all the work I am putting in, will not get corrected or paid out when they finally fix this b.s.

So yeah, T10, please give me what I PAID FOR!

Devildoll

+1. I have been a VIP ever since they created it I believe in Forza 2. Been VIP in it, Forza 3, Forza 4, Forza Horizon...technically I am in Forza 5, but the game does not recognize it. I have a receipt and a physical copy that says I am, but in-game where it counts it says I am not a VIP, nor have I earned any of the accelerated bonuses. Thing that sucks is that I LOVE the game, even with the lack of tracks and enjoy playing it, but I fear that all the work I am putting in, will not get corrected or paid out when they finally fix this b.s.

So yeah, T10, please give me what I PAID FOR!

i believe this is the thread for you.

kikonawa

We need more Ferrari! F40, F40 Competizione, F50, F50GT, Enzo, FXX, Italia, F430, 599 GTO. Damn, why is Ferrari so much better than everything else?

Forza5_CarReveal_Ferrari599GTO_Week3_WM.jpg

When can we expect in-game racing models to look like that? The very thought of driving that in Forza 6 or 7 excites me!!!

Not on xbone thats for sure

Aptos

How can I download other people's tuning setups? On a related note, do any of you tuners in this thread have a general F12 Berlinetta tune?

Quick question, how playable is this with regular controller as opposed to a racing wheel? ive never really owned a racing wheel for a console and would rather not spend the 300 bones after buying the ps4 and xbone and games

p3tran

Banned
How can I download other people's tuning setups? On a related note, do any of you tuners in this thread have a general F12 Berlinetta tune?
i put up a grip tune for you. should make life little easier. search for my tag.

how to search for tunes:

- goto TUNE/GRADE, having already selected the car you want to get a tune for.
- goto SETUP MANAGER and press LOAD SETUP
- press SEARCH, then proceed to choose the CAR CLASS in which you are interested
- you can also SEARCH BY CREATOR, by manually entering the name of creator

you can also narrow down by track, but then maybe you'miss an all around better tune.

edit:
@rugbyplayer
VERY playable. like, the most playable racer with a pad ;)

Quick question, how playable is this with regular controller as opposed to a racing wheel? ive never really owned a racing wheel for a console and would rather not spend the 300 bones after buying the ps4 and xbone and games

It's plays fantastically well on the regular controller.

Not on xbone thats for sure

Thanks for the amazingly insightful contribution! You are certainly a shining beacon of hope for all NeoGaffers to rally behind! Keep it up my friend!

Ontopic....

I'm also experiencing the 0 reward tier on their site as well :( I want my free monies T10!

Haines

Banned
just got this game, my first driving sim...and first racing game in forever...

whats the general to do as far as assists and drivatar diff goes.

so far i put brakes to ABS and steering to simulation and the game felt amazingly more in depth and responsive.

also what modes should i play. ive only tried career

another question, are these games good enough with teh controller or does the racing wheel stuff make it that much better. will the trigger rumble stuff be in a racing wheel some how? do they have one out for this game yet?

Top Bottom