• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

trinest

I redeemed my $4M for tier 4 but the $1M is just sitting there mocking me with no option to redeem.

TGak3YP.png

I'm like 300 points away from Tier 5, and the bloody redeem button isn't working for to get the 4m.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Glad I checked this thread, only got 1M credits but was still able to get 6 or 7 cars I wanted.

How do I sell a car in this game? Hit "remove car" on some low valued Ford Fiesta, thinking that'd sell it. It didn't... I just lost my car and got nothing for it. :(

EDIT: Just got my 3,000,000 credits. Funny... after 15 hours of playing Forza I can already afford the Lotus E21, aka the most expensive car in the game that "YOU HAVE TO PAY $70 TO BUY YOU CAN'T GRIND IT IT'LL TAKE FOREVER". Funny how Microtransactions aren't as bad as people freaked them out to be, lol.

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Well shit, I spent my 1M and tried out a couple of cars in free play and that was enough to bump me up to tier 3 so now I got another 2M lol. I wish I had realized, I would have had 3M.

Oh ok, thanks. I was wondering about that, but the challenge says "Your". So I assumed we had to own it.

EDIT: Didn't pop for me. Hit 245mph for a good 5 seconds on the big straight of Le Mans, no pop. Finished the race as well to make sure it didn't pop at the end, nope.

I had to do it twice... Just ran Le Mans both times, the second time it popped.

I've had issues with many achievements in general and a couple of 'what' moments such as getting the 10000 zombies killed in dr3... but I was only at like 8500 on my first play through

Raudi

Put my 5M gift to good use!

Bought the rest of the cars I needed to have 1 for every League / Series, plus a few extra's if I get in the mood to paint.

Has anyone been paid for Designs? I got the achievement for 5000 downloads but never get any credits except for a measly 10K a day for my Drivatar only.

Smokey

Went to Forza website and saw that I had 1 mill reward. Says I'm 307 pts way from the next tier for 2 mill. What do I need to do to get those points?

HokieJoe

How do I sell a car in this game? Hit "remove car" on some low valued Ford Fiesta, thinking that'd sell it. It didn't... I just lost my car and got nothing for it. :(

EDIT: Just got my 3,000,000 credits. Funny... after 15 hours of playing Forza I can already afford the Lotus E21, aka the most expensive car in the game that "YOU HAVE TO PAY $70 TO BUY YOU CAN'T GRIND IT IT'LL TAKE FOREVER". Funny how Microtransactions aren't as bad as people freaked them out to be, lol.

Buh, buh, but, it changes the game! At least that's the common refrain I hear from people who haven't played the game. Of course, neither have I, but I'm not throwing half-witted criticisms about.

Grassy

Put my 5M gift to good use!

Bought the rest of the cars I needed to have 1 for every League / Series, plus a few extra's if I get in the mood to paint.

Has anyone been paid for Designs? I got the achievement for 5000 downloads but never get any credits except for a measly 10K a day for my Drivatar only.

Everyday I get a message telling me I have earned credits for my designs, but never tells me how much lol.

What did you buy? Need some ideas.

The best value cars to buy at the moment are IMO the race cars at 1.25 million credits(Mazda 787B, Audi E Tron etc) or anything around 1 million is good while we still have 50% off, which ends in a few hours. Check the Career event list and see what cars you need to complete all races, buying now will save you in the long run.

I think I'll hold out on that for the LE owner's free car they're planning to do

Ooh I forgot about that, saves me 3 million now and 6 million later :)

saladine1

oh... I'm stupid... :) I posted on the photomode thread... duh..

well, in case, VERY GOOD JOB MATE!!
just dont go look at them leaderboards lolol

yo-salt0fsb.jpg

scratch: javelin amx
scratch: stingray

there's only ONE bathurst king baby 8)

RgQzPj9.jpg

Yeah, the Sting Ray was very hungry and ate your Beetle up I'm afraid...
Keep tuning my friend. However, my tweaks will outdo yours each and every time...

What do people here consider the toughest car to drive? Just bought an atom and good lord I can barely get around corners without oversteering. Do play no assists outside of the breaking line. Any tips?

p3tran

Banned
goodmorning Sal, and what a nice surprize :)
i get 6 million credits AND your car to pass once again.
happy sunday ahead :)

@smokey
what you need to do to get these points you are missing, is do stuff thats is described on rewards. like getting achievements but also other things.
your 317 missing points, you can get them from whichever forza game you want.

LostVector

Neo Member

The micro transactions in this game are still stupid. Not everyone has time to grind for 15 hours just to test drive a particular car in the game. Let alone multiple ones. Requiring customers to finish single player in order to get full run of multiplayer or free play is utterly awful.

NeoGash

We need more Ferrari! F40, F40 Competizione, F50, F50GT, Enzo, FXX, Italia, F430, 599 GTO. Damn, why is Ferrari so much better than everything else?

Forza5_CarReveal_Ferrari599GTO_Week3_WM.jpg

When can we expect in-game racing models to look like that? The very thought of driving that in Forza 6 or 7 excites me!!!

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Fuck, I bought so many awesome cars with my 3 million.

GAME REDEEMED!

Hmmm that does work but for some reason it always wants to pull slightly to the left which I can overcome with the sensitivity setting.

However I still don't see why we should be leaning our bodies in order to make our drivatar turn his head, that just seems dumb. Why can't we just...turn our heads slightly instead?

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
thank you complainers. 5 mill and half off cars. all kinds of shit bought. with my money and car issues sorted whats to keep playing me playing?

;)

Top Bottom