• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Just a reminder for those that are new in here, this is a list of Forza GAF players. Feel free to add them so you can crash into them in career and then come in here and chew them out. :)

If you want to be added to the list just PM me your info and I'll update the doc. And if you ever want to find this list, it's in the first post under useful links.

Also matte carbon fiber for the life!
lotusbackside2wzw6.jpg

I really need to start using more paint styles, because that's stunning.

Just a reminder for those that are new in here, this is a list of Forza GAF players. Feel free to add them so you can crash into them in career and then come in here and chew them out. :)

If you want to be added to the list just PM me your info and I'll update the doc. And if you ever want to find this list, it's in the first post under useful links.

Also matte carbon fiber for the life!
lotusbackside2wzw6.jpg

Sent you a PM to be added.

I normally would agree about turning off the music.......but I really like the orchestral score. It makes everyything seem so epic, especially when your on the last lap and your chasing down the car that's in first.

saladine1

I'm getting really frustrated by the Drivatars lately. It's becoming a bumper car fest. Really pissing me off. Needs quite a bit of tweaking.

Also, "Now, back to The Brick Yard", "Today, we go to the warm sun of Monterey", "We head back to The Brick Yard"....fuuuucckk!

Raudi

I finally received my 350 reward points for the tokens I purchased.

Hopefully this is fixed for everyone now - check your Forza rewards today!

Mascot

Is anyone starting to feel track fatigue through repetition yet, or is the small number of circuits not as big a problem as we thought?

saladine1

Pissed off about the nagging, or about Indy (my most hated track in FM4 by FAR) coming up too often?

I don't mind Stella. She's all good.
It's fucking Indy coming up nearly every second race!

Also, ribbons hardly get used. It's mainly the full circuits. Ultimately though, the reality is that there isn't enough tracks.

Replace Ballmer's 'developers,developers' with 'repetitive, repetitive'.

SarBear

Is anyone starting to feel track fatigue through repetition yet, or is the small number of circuits not as big a problem as we thought?

Track fatigue for sure. I can only do so much Yas Marina. I can't believe how badly they dropped the ball with track selection. I didn't forsee a problem with it before actually playing, but man.....this is rough. Thank goodness for the abundance of MUSTANGS.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)

honestly not so much. the career though, so far, really doesnt do a good job of cycling through all the available tracks. while the new tracks are mixed in well with the old, its very rare you see anything other then the standard ribbon for most tracks. kind of odd. the new airfield track has been completely absent too - and while its more of a test track thing, its fun and it should still be in for the odd autocross or special event races.

Time to buy the Exige.
But it's still an incredibly boring track. I much, MUCH preferred Sunset Peninsula.

This man speaks the truth.
Not so much, although I think they've done a good job of mixing between different loops too.

Raudi

It hasn't been too bad except for online - I had raced well over 100 times in different online lobbies and had not once seen Road Atlanta or Catalunya show up as track choices until yesterday!

I still haven't learned the new Silverstone course layout yet, that track eludes me for some reason.

saladine1

It hasn't been too bad except for online - I had raced well over 100 times in different online lobbies and had not once seen Road Atlanta or Catalunya show up as track choices until yesterday!

I still haven't learned the new Silverstone course layout yet, that track eludes me for some reason.

Had trouble with the new layout for a while there. Got really confused after having raced the old one for so long. Getting more familiar now though..

My Thrustmaster TX Wheel arrived!!!

It's fucking awesome!!!

Such rumble motor!

Much strong!

It kicks my G27s ass easily in almost every way except pedal feel, but I think that's something that will just take time.

I haven't even played a proper racing sim on PC with it yet, just did a few test laps at the Barcelona GP track and man.....I love it.

Compared to the G27, its so damn smooth. It isn't super smooth, but while racing its basically unnoticeable to me. Its quiet too. The G27 would rattle and bang during high ffb moments, but this thing is silent and deadly. Instantly much stronger than the G27.

Grip is veeery easy to feel. If you overshoot a corner you can feel your front wheels go light as they skid/shudder while understeering, then get heavy again as they regain their proper grip.

Weight transfer is good too. If you throw a car with loose suspension into a corner, you'll be fine for a split sec till the weight of the car loads the tyres, then the wheel will go all heavy on you.

The rumble motor works great for conveying the feeling of shifting, going over uneven terrain, wheel spin and feeling the revs.

The wheel extends much further past the edge of my desk and the pedals go closer to the wall which means I can sit much less upright than before with the G27.

Oh, and having a D pad and the other myriad of buttons ON THE WHEEL is so much better.

The shifters are super solid and so is their action. The material on the wheel feels very grippy.

I've been looking for a replacement for my G27 for quite a while and I'm pretty damn happy with this.

Edit: For anyone who actually wants to buy one of these, Stuff-UK seem to be the only people who actually have it in stock and they're selling them for £290 too instead of £350/£450 etc. Game.co.uk have had a countdown timer than ended yesterday, then added another week to the wait...glad I ignored it.

Mascot

Interesting set of differing opinions there. I guess the game's only been out for a few weeks so maybe it's a little early to gauge properly.

I guess Turn 10 could quite easily patch the track rotation and ribbon selection?

Interesting set of differing opinions there. I guess the game's only been out for a few weeks so maybe it's a little early to gauge properly.

I guess Turn 10 could quite easily patch the track rotation and ribbon selection?

Can they patch in more tracks? It's my only real gripe with the game. I don't want to have to pay for one track per car pack or whatever they come up with.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game.

Seanspeed

Banned

This is another reason why taking out user-created public lobbies was such a horrific choice.

Forza 2 lacked tracks. But in multiplayer, people could at least switch it up when they wanted. People still felt the track fatigue, but they could at least lessen the blow by varying things up and having interesting car/track combinations.

Hopefully they have a haul of tracks in development and not just the Nurburgring.

My Fanatec is as good as sold, PS3 hopefully going over the weekend, gonna forget about GT, pick up the Thrustmaster and go full on Forza.

I'm debating about doing the same thing as a Fanatec GT2 owner. I've been rocking Forza 5 with the controller and keeping the fanatec to play 360/PS3 games, but haven't done so since Forza 5 came out. Please post your impressions after some playtime with the Thrustmaster.

A drivatar moment from me, didn't see it coming at all although when I looked at the recording perhaps I should have spotted the flying lambo as I approached the corner!
4xyuaUi.gif

saladine1

Fuck waiting for Fanatec. Could be years before we something. I'm getting the Thrustmaster. Time to really feel dat Calspan.

vangace

I am having somewhat of a bizarre issue with the game, l just started playing a couple of days ago so forgive me if l sound like a total noob and l don't play racing often.

My issue is this; regardless of which car and track, on the straight away the car suddenly starts breaking left on its on and l end up crashing. Please help ...

I'm debating about doing the same thing as a Fanatec GT2 owner. I've been rocking Forza 5 with the controller and keeping the fanatec to play 360/PS3 games, but haven't done so since Forza 5 came out. Please post your impressions after some playtime with the Thrustmaster.

Yeah I will do. Heard some really good things about it.

Tried to pick the wheel up in town today but couldn't find one anywhere.

p3tran

Banned
My Fanatec is as good as sold, PS3 hopefully going over the weekend, gonna forget about GT, pick up the Thrustmaster and go full on Forza.
I have let go mine some time ago. its the right (forced) choice guys. new wheel also good for pc, so no worries ;)
Fuck waiting for Fanatec. Could be years before we something. I'm getting the Thrustmaster. Time to really feel dat Calspan.
:D
ante Sal!! go for it!

amazon.uk told me some bad news about mine:
"Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition (Xbox One)"
Estimated arrival date: January 06 2014 - January 28 2014

but after the motherfucking FIASCO of my day 1 games from game.co.uk, I think I prefer waiting for amazon than do another fucking stupid mistake and search elsewhere when it contains international shipping.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
I am having somewhat of a bizarre issue with the game, l just started playing a couple of days ago so forgive me if l sound like a total noob and l don't play racing often.

My issue is this; regardless of which car and track, on the straight away the car suddenly starts breaking left on its on and l end up crashing. Please help ...

What assists are on?

Top Bottom