• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Yeah I just stuck it on Inside Sim Racing's forum last night, if it doesn't sell I'll keep both.

I don't mind swapping to Thrustmaster but staying with Fanatec may be the only way to keep using the Clubsport pedals.

Mascot

Yeah I just stuck it on Inside Sim Racing's forum last night, if it doesn't sell I'll keep both.

I don't mind swapping to Thrustmaster but staying with Fanatec may be the only way to keep using the Clubsport pedals.

Good luck.

I'm still fucked off about the whole situation. I still feel mugged.

EDIT: Do you think the night racing DLC is impossible? Or is technically possible but would require a big ass update?
The update would be FM6. Those type of workings are bound by the engine, and I doubt they would iterate on the engine that much and overhaul it and ship out a huge update for everyone to download. I'm sure they're working on one, so why not keep it in the oven until it's ready for FM6?

DAT 720P THO

smh

CSR Elite.

That's pretty steep for a second hand wheel. It launched 540 EU though. I don't recall if that included the pedals though. Because those pedals are DAMN good. Maybe people are turned off at the price with it not being there? Idk.

Ataxia

Yeah I have, looks awesome, and speaking of uncompressed captures, here's a few of my direct feeds!!!

5eb0e6f2_20131203210426.png

05e90bb3_20131203213440.png

3a74ffd8_20131203214006.png

It really is a shame about the aliasing in this game. Ruins an otherwise awesome looking title.

It really is a shame about the aliasing in this game. Ruins an otherwise awesome looking title.

No AF and weak AA are what make me just wait to get an Xbox One. I hope the exclusives get better than what we have here and they should by gen2. Well, I hope anyway.

Aptos

If you use tokens to pay for the doubler, does that double the VIP-doubled points? I.e. can you get 4x credits?

Just finished a 6 lap race on Yas Marina GP track in my S rated Honda NSX-R and according to the game I jumped 5101 slots and am now placed 221st in the world.

Just sayin'.

That said my time was a 2:20.243 for 221st place, whereas a friend with a time of 2:17.569 is placed 1415th.

I'm guessing the rating of the car driven when setting times is a factor?

PG2G

Just finished a 6 lap race on Yas Marina GP track in my S rated Honda NSX-R and according to the game I jumped 5101 slots and am now placed 221st in the world.

Just sayin'.

That said my time was a 2:20.243 for 221st place, whereas a friend with a time of 2:17.569 is placed 1415th.

Probably clean lap versus dirty lap? Does his have an exclamation point in front of it?

Klocker

Just sayin'.

Dirty laps (exclamation point) are ranked below clean times regardless of actual time.

I wish it was based on rating but that seems like a pipe dream to hope for with this series

senador

Banned
Hey! I've been loving this game. Good stuff. I have a questions regarding Drivatars and rivals:

1. Talking to a friend that plays, it seems Drivatars don't actually use cars you own? My Drivatar is showing up for him in a different car and then it showed up in one I do have but with graphics I didn't choose. I guess it just picks a similar car to theirs but with my Drivatar skill?
  2. In races the Drivatar is "live" racing. That is, it's dynamic and racing in real time and not like a ghost. Correct? So what does it mean when it says "You beat senador"? I assume it's the rival time, an actual time I set when I raced the track. Is this the case? If so it is kind of confusing isn't it? That means the Drivatars don't reflect that so you are mostly just racing blind to beat times. Or does it show somwhere?

PG2G

If you're racing to beat times you should be doing it in the free play mode (or whatever its called) which actually shows the ghost of the rival you're going up against.

PG2G

You're pretty much right. The Drivatar is someone that behaves like the person. When it says you beat a person it is talking about their actual times.

It would be impossible for a Drivatar to perform the exact same time as the rival.

Probably clean lap versus dirty lap? Does his have an exclamation point in front of it?

Dirty laps (exclamation point) are ranked below clean times regardless of actual time.

I wish it was based on rating but that seems like a pipe dream to hope for with this series

Aha, yes he did have the exclamation mark next to his time. that makes sense then.

I guess my next question is what counts as (or counts towards) a dirty lap?

I guess my next question is what counts as (or counts towards) a dirty lap?

Going off the track, crashing into anything, drafting behind another car or getting a bump draft. If you dirty a lap in the last sector your next lap will be dirty too.

Don't expect clean laps in races. If you want clean laps do it in rivals mode or freeplay (with no AI).

eso76

Aw, I thought drivatar used cars, liveries and tunes from your garage..
So I guess selling square inches to companies which might be interested in having their logos / web address painted on my cars wouldn't work :p

well, too bad.

ShapeGSX

Aw, I thought drivatar used cars, liveries and tunes from your garage..
So I guess selling square inches to companies which might be interested in having their logos / web address painted on my cars wouldn't work :p

well, too bad.

I've seen my son's car's livery on the car his drivatar was using.

PG2G

Yeah I've only heard about cars I own and in the paint jobs I use. I did get confused once because someone mentioned me driving a car that I didn't remember having... turned out it was one that was gifted as part of Forza Rewards

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
so, along with the improvement in rivals mode where when you beat the rival assigned the game automatically assigns you a new rival (no need to quit race), in doing so it fixes another "problem" with fm4 - rival ghosts! it seems that it only loads the ghost for your initial rival. once you beat them and it assigns you a new rival the game has no ghost data to load so you can race alone. this makes hot lapping and actually beating rivals you are neck and neck with throughout an entire race easier - no more distractions/obstructions as you constantly battle a ghost car!

Klocker

so, along with the improvement in rivals mode where when you beat the rival assigned the game automatically assigns you a new rival (no need to quit race), in doing so it fixes another "problem" with fm4 - rival ghosts! it seems that it only loads the ghost for your initial rival. once you beat them and it assigns you a new rival the game has no ghost data to load so you can race alone. this makes hot lapping and actually beating rivals you are neck and neck with throughout an entire race easier - no more distractions/obstructions as you constantly battle a ghost car!

yep love this too. Lost many a rivals race over a ghost distracting my hot lap EDIT: although it looks like they listened and lightened up the ghost form F4. not as bad as before where it obscured your view

...also improved IMO is test data linked directly in the Tuning screen. :)

Drivatars are based on how you drive and not cars you own. Otherwise you'd rarely see friends unless they had something competative in the same class you were racing. I do believe favourite liveries come over though.

w00zey

Well, out of nowhere, my gf just bought me Forza 5 yesterday, I played the first event, the driving is the most fun I had (outside Forza Horizon maybe) the drivatar thing makes every race seem like it's against people online lol

I took a look into the microtransations things, I fail to see why all this outrage happened, it seems pretty much the same that Forza Horizon had, and of course doesn't make this game look like a free2play or pay2win title, if you don't press Y it's just the same Forza game as ever....

And I checked and had about 3M credits in Forza Rewards to redeem :D

Welcome to my world. A lot of people in this thread will tell you that you are wrong. I love how much easier it is now to drive while in the car. I usually play 3rd person but man I have way too much fine now with the cockpit view.

rjcc

Damn the music in this game sucks. At least it's finally tossing in some bass now that I switched the audio options ingame from TV speakers to home theater, but man I've come to hate it. wish custom soundtracks were still around.

Damn the music in this game sucks. At least it's finally tossing in some bass now that I switched the audio options ingame from TV speakers to home theater, but man I've come to hate it. wish custom soundtracks were still around.

This is annoying the hell out of me as well. For me the music just doesn't fit the game... The only way around it is to snap xbox music...... But the ingame music still plays and now you're stuck with what, 1/4ish of your screen taken up by constantly switching images of band members I could give a shit less about. Why in the fuck can I not minimize or background the fucking music app on this console? I'm actually quite annoyed with this nonsense.

Anyway, been slowly getting the groove back overall, but I still feel like there has to be some pretty intense rubberbanding in random parts. I've had countless straights that i can just watch the little blue dot catch up to me like they're on goddamn steroids in a car rated well under mine.

For the design side of things.. Is there any way to get more precision in the vinyls/painting? For instance on the p1 I'm trying to fill the hood scoops with a vinyl, yet I for the life of me cannot fill the entire inside without it creeping out unto the top section. I've spent hours trying to fiddle with this on various cars. Also, whats with the coordinates not seeming to line up? 0 seems to not be 0 half the time... and if i try to mirror something by simply making it negative... its off... sometimes by a great amount. Am I missing/doing something wrong here or is it just goofy?

I like the music. I don't have it on during races - never have music in a racing game on the track. But in the menus it's fine.

There's no rubber banding.

_machine

AF is actually fine in those pictures.

Absolutely no idea why anyone would think otherwise.
What?

There's no AF in the bumper cam shot and it ruins all the texture detail (I know, there's motion blur too, but we've seen plenty of shots were the lack of AF ruin the IQ). There seems to be some texture filtering at effect in the P1 shot, but definitely not AF 8x or 16x (on the front left side where the motion blur ends the texture filtering is not nearly as effective as proper AF). Forza simply doesn't have proper AF.

Otherwise though, those shots look really nice despite the noticeable aliasing and some of the cockpit elements are noticeably low-poly, but thankfully most of the interior looks really nice and the material rendering is pretty good even if not the same tech as in photomode.

G Rom

Thanks.
The liveries still are a bit softer but the resolution is much better than in previous FM.
Here, I took two on-track shots of the 787b :

mobile.145ggulo.jpg

mobile.146pdihq.jpg

Top Bottom