• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

Hawk269

Beginning of January.

Badned...We need info on when the VIP thing is going to be fixed and when more tracks will come out. Cars are great, but you have to admit that the amount of tracks is really sad and we need some more tracks to use all these cars on.

While I think the microtransaction bullshit in this game is pathetic, I've got to say it really feels irrelevant to me because of the 4 million free credits I got from the rewards program. Coupled with the 50% sale I got nearly every car I really cared about in the game, so I'm really having a good time getting to play around with all of them.

But yeah, if you're a total newcomer to the franchise, or don't even know about the rewards program, I think the in game economy is a joke.

MarkusRJR

I wanna get into sim racing games. I adored Forza Horizon. How much of jump is going to be?

Also, what the fuck is with the crowds in this game? I was watching some videos and I literally can't unsee the 2D photos being used as crowds made up of the same 20 or so people. Who thought that was okay? :/

I wanna get into sim racing games. I adored Forza Horizon. How much of jump is going to be?

Also, what the fuck is with the crowds in this game? I was watching some videos and I literally can't unsee the 2D photos being used as crowds made up of the same 20 or so people. Who thought that was okay? :/

They probably had no choice. Better to make the cars and tracks look as best you can, and sacrifices obviously had to be made to get it running at 60fps and 1080p.

In regards to Horizon, I think the Forza games in general are awesome because they allow you flexibility in how serious you want the game to be. You can turn on assists that will make it much easier if you want to. It's a very different game from Horizon, which had an open world fun vibe about it. This is certainly more serious, and all about racing on tracks. There is no open world, and no rock music blaring.

MarkusRJR

They probably had no choice. Better to make the cars and tracks look as best you can, and sacrifices obviously had to be made to get it running at 60fps and 1080p.

In regards to Horizon, I think the Forza games in general are awesome because they allow you flexibility in how serious you want the game to be. You can turn on assists that will make it much easier if you want to. It's a very different game from Horizon, which had an open world fun vibe about it. This is certainly more serious, and all about racing on tracks. There is no open world, and no rock music blaring.
I sort of understand the different tone from the videos I watch. I just find driving really fun. I get really car sick irl (even after just a few minutes) but I'm totally fine with games. I'm just worried I'll be absolutely dreadful in a simulation sort of game. Are the assists really that good even for a newbie?

Also, I don't have my Xbone yet but can you snap Xbox Music and have it replace game audio?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
The assists are amazing for noob players. They are layered so you can peel away the training wheels as you get better. My brother who barely plays only CoD once in a while is able to race and compete in the game.

Assists will help you, try to wean yourself off them as soon as you can though as half the fun comes from taming a beastly car and being on the very edge of grip as you take a corner.

It's very rewarding as you begin to understand the driving mechanics.

no angel

Yeah the assists are good. As I get semi comfortable with the assists I have on I slowly remove them. That way I figure I won't get used to using them as a crutch. With car purchase I'm buying cars I'd personally like to drive but I can never get rid of the nagging feeling I should be buying the fastest cars in each class or the 'recommended' ones, Currently ragging around a lambo gallardo superleggera.

Also would love to try the livery editor but I have the artistic talent of a brick so I haven't even looked at it yet.

besada

Banned
Are the assists really that good even for a newbie?

The assists are pretty robust. This thanksgiving, my brother came up. He's partially deaf and blind, and generally speaking hasn't ever had the motor skills to pass a driving test (at age 45). His first lap around Prague was hilarious, but by the second lap he was able to race using the full assists without crashing.

Which is why so many of us turn them off the second we start playing. With full assists on, it's nearly impossible to take a curve too fast, as your car will activate the breaks for you.

ElNino

Yeah, it has almost two weeks. Glad I spent the extra $20 on the LE :p
Still no Lotus F1 car either since I don't have my VIP.
Really? That sucks.

I saw the posts from T10 about missing stuff, but I wasn't sure what people were missing. I bought the $20 VIP add-on and got the F1 right away next time I booted up the game.

shandy706

My 6 year old daughter plays this game with all assists on and the AI turned down. She has never won a race, but she always finishes the races.

She LOVES it, lol.

i3rduRTFImKGP.gif

^GIF from her playing. Look at her pass that second car on the straight after it overtook her...so proud! LOL

Bravoexo

Man, I've had the game and the Xbox One console for over 9 hrs now... still can't run the game. That 6Gb update really can't tell where I am in it's download at all.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Really? That sucks.

I saw the posts from T10 about missing stuff, but I wasn't sure what people were missing. I bought the $20 VIP add-on and got the F1 right away next time I booted up the game.

Yeah, it is a bummer. Thankfully I have other games to play in the mean time. At least my drivatar is making a few bucks to pay for upgrades later.

ShapeGSX

I never got my Day One cars after downloading the game on Day One. They're not in my garage. They're not in the lineup of cars.

I should have a set of Thrustmaster TX Ferrari 458 wheel and pedal set coming tomorrow.

Its been getting some pretty good impressions and reviews from people who own other racing wheels, including Darin/Sean from inside sim racing (although they probably won't actually have a full review and don't seem to want to talk too in depth about it till they do).

General impressions seem to be that its a very smooth version of the T500rs with slightly less maximum strength.

I've always thought of a T500rs as an upgrade to my G27, especially after the semi-recent firmware update that supposedly gave it a new lease of life. The stationary shifters on the T500rs always stopped me though and getting the F1 wheel rim just to have the shifters rotate with the wheel was just too much money.

I shall see tomorrow. It works on PC so I'll hopefully be able to do some direct comparisons with my G27 on Project Cars/F1 2013 and of course how well it works in Forza.

ShapeGSX

That is the only thing I have. They are available to purchase. They shouldn't be in your garage though.

Oh, ok, I guess I do have them. I was expecting the Day One livery and tuned versions in my garage.
This three-car pack features amazing cars from Lamborghini, Audi, and Ford; each with a Day One-themed livery and custom tuning package created by the experts at Turn 10:

2010 Audi TT RS Coupe: Stuffed stem to stern with modern tech, the TT RS is the first TT model to carry Audi’s famed RS badge – a distinction that’s earned on the track from the moment you step on the gas.

2013 Ford Focus ST: Debuting with the same 247-hp 2.0-liter turbocharged EcoBoost engine from the much larger Ford Explorer SUV, the new Ford Focus ST packs a serious punch.

2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera: Like great sculpture, the Superleggera’s chiseled form is carefully considered for maximum impact. That’s where the similarities end, however, because this work of art is best appreciated when it’s moving at top speed.

Since I posted photos of the Focus ST (after buying one for real last week), it should have been obvious to me that I actually did have the cars in the lineup. Duh. :)

Afro

My 6 year old daughter plays this game with all assists on and the AI turned down. She has never won a race, but she always finishes the races.

She LOVES it, lol.

^GIF from her playing. Look at her pass that second car on the straight after it overtook her...so proud! LOL

put her in a '69 Nova with 900hp and TCS off. she'll be a pro by age 10.

rjcc

the assists are enough for my mom to play forza. Unless you plan to stop on track, the crowd is just a blur. if it ruins photomode for you, so be it, but you'll never notice ingame.

frontieruk

Weird, game won't load for me tonight. "Unknown Error"... Anybody having similar problems? What's going on?

was playing quite comfortably for a couple of hours a couple of hours ago :-/

and is it just me or is there a point when you just have to trash a mates drivatar as it's driving like an a-hole?

dejay

Banned
was playing quite comfortably for a couple of hours a couple of hours ago :-/

and is it just me or is there a point when you just have to trash a mates drivatar as it's driving like an a-hole?

I've often lost gold in a race because I was seeking vengeance.

Hawk269

Yeah, it is a bummer. Thankfully I have other games to play in the mean time. At least my drivatar is making a few bucks to pay for upgrades later.

Same here. I rarely play the game because of the VIP issues. Paying $20.00 extra and get nothing for it really sucks. I just log in to collect my Driveatar winnings and then play something else.

My faith in T10 has been dwindling more and more as of late. I really think they will fix the VIP thing, but I doubt they will retro all the XP and Payouts that we should of received when playing if the VIP stuff would of worked.

Still own every Forza game released all are LE edition except the first one and sadly, this is the most bare bones, bug ridden game yet in the series. Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but all the issues, lacks of tracks is pretty disappointing.

The fact that it was the lowest scoring title in the franchise history, I hope it sends a signal to T10 and MS. I have some glimmer of faith that they will release 4-6 additional tracks and fix the issues....with all that said, I still have a glimmer of faith/hope! Don't let me down T10.

ShapeGSX

Jeez, if you have a chance, watch the "Most Popular" Forza TV Replay on Spa. It's an F1 race, and it just looks incredible.

I'm not going to bother doing xbox, record that, because the compression would ruin it. They really put a ton of care into building that track.

adelante

http://i.minus.com/i3rduRTFImKGP.gif[//IMG]
^GIF from her playing. Look at her pass that second car on the straight after it overtook her...so proud! LOL[/QUOTE]

Haha she took on the first corner like a pro but immediately decided to give the AI a chance by slowing down...how considerate. :p

Anion

zorbsie

Just a reminder for those that are new in here, this is a list of Forza GAF players. Feel free to add them so you can crash into them in career and then come in here and chew them out. :)

If you want to be added to the list just PM me your info and I'll update the doc. And if you ever want to find this list, it's in the first post under useful links.

Also matte carbon fiber for the life!
lotusbackside2wzw6.jpg

I would pay real money to download new music. They could offer different music packs.

I'm thankful I'm running the Xbone through my capture card. I can mute in game music while keeping the sublime engine sounds and play my own music without having to have that annoying window snapped to the side. I can't believe they overlooked that simple feature that has more or less been there since the OG Xbox.

watership

Finally getting some more time in on the game. I am having a strange issue however. I decided I wanted to buy the car pack after all, and when I attempted to do so in game, I was prompted to pay in pounds, and they even mentioned VAT tax. I thought my region was screwed up (I'm in Canada) but it was set on the Xbox correctly. I saw no options to change this in game, and when I went through the normal Xbox One store, I was seeing the correct currency.

Has this been brought up before? Anyone else have this issue?

dejay

Banned
Finally getting some more time in on the game. I am having a strange issue however. I decided I wanted to buy the car pack after all, and when I attempted to do so in game, I was prompted to pay in pounds, and they even mentioned VAT tax. I thought my region was screwed up (I'm in Canada) but it was set on the Xbox correctly. I saw no options to change this in game, and when I went through the normal Xbox One store, I was seeing the correct currency.

Has this been brought up before? Anyone else have this issue?

I've had a problem with in game DLC - bought the Sierra Cosworth. The issue was similar; buying it outside of the game (from the OS) worked for me.

Top Bottom