• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

I think I've seen you a few times, along with some others from GAF, though I don't remember all the names I've seen. I spend more time in rivals mode lately, I think I was racing against your time in Prague last night.

It really bums me out that they got rid of the clubs and custom lobbies, that was the most fun I had in forza 4.

I have played a few online matches and its not bad, as long as you're good enough to be near the top you end up nowhere near the bad drivers, I've been pretty happy with it so far.

You cut in front of me every time and screw up my racing line, EVERY TIME!

LOL

Redshirt

Banned
I was gifted a LaFerrari and E21 for a second time. Now I own two of each.

Was that intentional? Can you normally own multiples of a model? Don't think I've ever tried before.

Help guys!

TX doesn't appear to want to do anything. Only the guide button registers on the XB1 and under windows it does nothing even though its detected fine and drivers installed? Even clicking the specific force tests under the control panel does nothing?

Did you update to the latest firmware first?

Sisko-facepalm.gif

I dont need another wire on my damn floor!

Oh Thomas where art thou?

serious question - why would you want a wireless wheel? Input lag + powering the device.

Fanatec wheels were all wireless and I had 0 issues.

Wait, what? I think my wife bought me one for Christmas. :/ She saw me looking at it and I dust off my Fanatec wheel and playing with Forza 4 and GT6 the other day so she might have thought I want one. As much as I miss playing with wheel, I really don't want the TX wheel at least not right now. I hope she got me something else but I can't imagine what it is in big Amazon box.

Wait, what? I think my wife bought me one for Christmas. :/ She saw me looking at it and I dust off my Fanatec wheel and playing with Forza 4 and GT6 the other day so she might have thought I want one. As much as I miss playing with wheel, I really don't want the TX wheel at least not right now. I hope she got me something else but I can't imagine what it is in big Amazon box.

You better shut up and put a smile on that face when you open it. Nothing worse then when you sense someone doesn't appreciate a gift, especially an expensive one.

p3tran

Banned
a great car if you enjoy going in a straight line

not really. in forza 5 this car is VERY enjoyable
here's a video I made last week after breaking in top 100 in a event for this car.
see how it handles, its really good, very controlable (the real thing is too) and also its bone stock here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TPb0Yq6VG8&hd=1

I am buying one today, I expect to be able to tune it for very good leaderboard times

so, today, my forza menu is:

-buy veyron
-buy corvette racing zr1
-buy aston racing dbr9
test them and start to tune them, and with the new wheel patch

8)

Caddle

I remember in forza 4 when shifting without engaging the clutch it would damage the transmission. I was in a race with the Honda Nsx on Spa and forgot to engage the clutch about three times and it damage the engine. They really have improved the mechanical damage quite a bit, especially the brakes.

saladine1

Whilst racing on Bathurst, Spa and Yas has been an absolute treat,and will continue being so, I need more fucking tracks for fuck's sake, fuck..

I remember in forza 4 when shifting without engaging the clutch it would damage the transmission. I was in a race with the Honda Nsx on Spa and forgot to engage the clutch about three times and it damage the engine. They really have improved the mechanical damage quite a bit, especially the brakes.

They certainly have.

You know, sometimes I wish rewind wasn't invented. I know, "just don't use it", but it's fucking there so I do. Defeats the purpose of damage really. It also makes you drive a little more aggressively without thinking of the consequences because if you do stuff up, REWIND...fuck..

Anion

auction house?

no don't think that's coming...marketplace will just be where you can buy dlc and such i believe

i wish you could at least sell the cars and parts back to the game.... come on t 10 that's ridiculous.

although if you go into forza vista and look at car specs, there is a plaque that shows current value which is half price of retail in game so there is hope that it will be possible some day

Noooo...
I actually thought that was for the auction house. Dang.
I suppose it would be inflated though for the first few weeks anyways cause of forza rewards, but still...
At least they should add the gifting option

Any how, I got on to Microm and said there was an issue. Hopefully we can sort out a direct replacement before Christmas.

There's a guy on FM forums who said he had a similar problem to me a Thrustmaster shipped him a replacement base out.

Edit: Microm shipping me a replacement for delivery tomorrow!

Whilst racing on Bathurst, Spa and Yas has been an absolute treat,and will continue being so, I need more fucking tracks for fuck's sake, fuck..

They certainly have.

You know, sometimes I wish rewind wasn't invented. I know, "just don't use it", but it's fucking there so I do. Defeats the purpose of damage really. It also makes you drive a little more aggressively without thinking of the consequences because if you do stuff up, REWIND...fuck..

You gotta use it when you get involved with a crazy drivatar that decides to ram into you multiple times for no reason. Its awesome hitting the brakes and watching them coast off the track into oblivion.

HokieJoe

The five cars I'm speaking of are
2006 Audi #2 Audi Sport North America R8
1995 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 C4
1968 Ferrari 365 GTB/4 "Daytona"
1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1
2009 Mercedes-Benz SL 65 AMG Black Series

Those cars are already in the game and not DLC, just access to them has been removed for the time being due to some changes prior to the games launch. But info on how to obtain them will be revealed very soon!

Any idea of when the 2014 Stingray will hit DLC?

saladine1

You gotta use it when you get involved with a crazy drivatar that decides to ram into you multiple times for no reason. Its awesome hitting the brakes and watching them coast off the track into oblivion.

Actually yeah, I don't feel guilty when I use it in that instance..it's a God-send in fact..

You better shut up and put a smile on that face when you open it. Nothing worse then when you sense someone doesn't appreciate a gift, especially an expensive one.

I know, what a problem to have right? I am putting on my excited face right now. I don't know if the wheel stand I have will work it, I have Fanatec wheel stand (which also mean I would have to unmount the Fanatec wheel), or buy another stand. : O

I know, what a problem to have right? I am putting on my excited face right now. I don't know if the wheel stand I have will work it, I have Fanatec wheel stand (which also mean I would have to unmount the Fanatec wheel), or buy another stand. : O

Just act happy. I once bought a $300 pair of boots for my then girl friend, and the response I got was "this isn't the color I like"................

samuel-l-jackson-stare.gif

Xanadu

Banned
not really. in forza 5 this car is VERY enjoyable
here's a video I made last week after breaking in top 100 in a event for this car.
see how it handles, its really good, very controlable (the real thing is too) and also its bone stock here.

8)
ive heard from many sources that the veyron is very heavy and a slouch in corners, that was the original one though i dont know much about the sport

saladine1

Just act happy. I once bought a $300 pair of boots for my then girl friend, and the response I got was "this isn't the color I like"................

samuel-l-jackson-stare.gif

lol, I bought my wife a $1400 ring and necklace set as a 'no reason' gift.
I was thinking, "this will buy me at least a week's good time for sure".

"Um, this isn't white gold", she said. "You know I only where white gold", she said. "Where's the receipt I'll go return it for some white gold", she said.

She was pissed off...at me...she was...wtf?!?

Forget a good week's time, I didn't even get a fake thank you kiss...

lol, I bought my wife a $1400 ring and necklace set as a 'no reason' gift.
I was thinking, "this will buy me at least a week's good time for sure".

"Um, this isn't white gold", she said. "You know I only where white gold", she said. "Where's the receipt I'll go return it for some white gold", she said.

She was pissed off...at me...she was...wtf?!?

Forget a good week's time, I didn't even get a fake thank you kiss...

Damn

Rewind costs money and damage doesn't anymore.

DC R1D3R

Banned
Hey guys!

Loving Forza 5! Game is played on a regular daily basis. Hit me up online for some races. I'll try my best not to fish-tail you off the track!

GT= DC R1D3R

Question is what do you prefer more, the '14 Stingray or the '15 Z06?

Anyway the wait is nearly over. ;)

So February? The next Z06 will be announced in January at the Detroit autoshow. I guess if it's before the January FM5 DLC announcement we could get it then. Great news either way.

Question is what do you prefer more, the '14 Stingray or the '15 Z06?

Anyway the wait is nearly over. ;)

Hold on a second.

The C7 Z06 debuts at the NAIAS next month, right around when we'll be due for a monthly car pack...

No need to reply, my friend. I'll take your silence as confirmation.

Edit: Dammit, CD.

p3tran

Banned
ive heard from many sources that the veyron is very heavy and a slouch in corners, that was the original one though i dont know much about the sport

it depends... if you are thinking that veyron cant turn as fast as it can go straight, of course you are right.
but thinking that this car handles like a mercedes limouzine or something, thats wrong.

anyway, I think it wont be long now...

i5oN7x3QJ9OBi.jpg

Xanadu

Banned
it depends... if you are thinking that veyron cant turn as fast as it can go straight, of course you are right.
but thinking that this car handles like a mercedes limouzine or something, thats wrong.

anyway, I think it wont be long now...

i5oN7x3QJ9OBi.jpg

of course, just comparing to other hypercars such as the F1 and CCXR, i'm sure your tune makes it great

zorbsie

gafleaguex0sme.jpg

Alright fellas, any interest in doing this? Obviously it wouldn't start until after the holidays. Lets get some names and then we can hammer out times for races. I'm thinking 2 or 3 races per week. We'll use F1 scoring for the points. Each race will feature a car setup with restrictions so we all get equal footing. Winner gets a special prize mailed to them. Hopefully people on this list will be able to join in the fun.

KaYotiX

Banned
gafleaguex0sme.jpg

Alright fellas, any interest in doing this? Obviously it wouldn't start until after the holidays. Lets get some names and then we can hammer out times for races. I'm thinking 2 or 3 races per week. We'll use F1 scoring for the points. Each race will feature a car setup with restrictions so we all get equal footing. Winner gets a special prize mailed to them. Hopefully people on this list will be able to join in the fun.

I'd be down, we did this with friends in Forza 4.had a blast. Hopefully I could make most of the races

eso76

Defeats a lot of things tbh, In particular aggressive AI. Having racers that will occasionally try to ram you out of the track or resort to all sorts of dirty tricks is great and a good display of drivatars personality..
But it's rather pointless when you can rewind and make anything simply 'un-happen'.
Having said that, i couldn't live without rewind anymore, but it can be disabled altogether in menus, iirc

Mascot

Defeats a lot of things tbh, In particular aggressive AI. Having racers that will occasionally try to ram you out of the track or resort to all sorts of dirty tricks is great and a good display of drivatars personality..
But it's rather pointless when you can rewind and make anything simply 'un-happen'.
Having said that, i couldn't live without rewind anymore, but it can be disabled altogether in menus, iirc
Never used it in FM4, it was the first thing I turned off. Used it a few times in FM3 but it removed any sense of consequence and hence removed a lot of the excitement and tension.
So what if you stuff up on the final lap? That's racing. Do better next time.

Seanspeed

Banned
Rewind is great.

It can be an incredibly helpful learning tool.

@Zorbsie - damn I wish I could race with y'all. That was good times before.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
my game time is pretty limited these days - but i'll race when i can.

not in fm5. :(

Xanadu

Banned
Rewind is great.

It can be an incredibly helpful learning tool.

@Zorbsie - damn I wish I could race with y'all. That was good times before.

disagreed, a lot of people use it to be lazy, just throw yourself into a corner and if it goes bad, rewind and do it again

m23

gafleaguex0sme.jpg

I'd be down for that.

Top Bottom