• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 |OT| Open wheel, tyre squeal, orange peel, dat next-gen feel

eso76

The Atom and the Xbow just aren't at all fun to drive IMO.

haven't tried the xbow yet, but i think the atom IS fun, it just takes a surgeon with that pad.

Speaking of which, i wonder how much the 'improved, less forgiving physics' are actually due to pad sensitivity and deadzone.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the xbow seems to regain grip at the most inopportune times. i actually prefer the more predictable drifts of the atom, though that can get out of hand REALLY quickly

jem0208

haven't tried the xbow yet, but i think the atom IS fun, it just takes a surgeon with that pad.

Speaking of which, i wonder how much the 'improved, less forgiving physics' are actually due to pad sensitivity and deadzone.

Going around corners in the Atom without sliding is ridiculously difficult. It's so much fun hitting a perfect drift though. Not so great for lap times however.

SarBear

gafleaguex0sme.jpg

Alright fellas, any interest in doing this? Obviously it wouldn't start until after the holidays. Lets get some names and then we can hammer out times for races. I'm thinking 2 or 3 races per week. We'll use F1 scoring for the points. Each race will feature a car setup with restrictions so we all get equal footing. Winner gets a special prize mailed to them. Hopefully people on this list will be able to join in the fun.

Let's dance.

I love Silverstone. Great corners there, lots of different skills needed. Sure it doesn't have much in the way of scenery, but the track is the most important part.

I love Le Mans too - but am getting fed up of the Bugatti circuit - the full track doesn't seem used much in career mode.

saladine1

i prefer the old layout

Me too.

I love Silverstone. Great corners there, lots of different skills needed. Sure it doesn't have much in the way of scenery, but the track is the most important part.

I love Le Mans too - but am getting fed up of the Bugatti circuit - the full track doesn't seem used much in career mode.

I have yet to race at Le Mans. It's all been that hateful Bugatti circuit...

HokieJoe

At the same time, though, you know it's there, even at subconscious level knowing you can always 'undo' when you screw things, makes you a lot more reckless, makes you pay a lot less attention than you would otherwise.
Trying to get a clean lap on the leaderboard is a completely different experience.

Personally, with AI trying to ram you out of the track on the last corner, i welcome being able to rewind, because i really don't have much time to restart races (yes, what about restart then ? should it be removed too ?).
It does take a lot of the excitement away, and a lot of fun as a consequence, though.
The principle of fun in a game is the risk / reward ratio, and rewind takes most of the risk away. Being able to rewind is a bit like playing an old school shoot em up with infinite lives.

But that's what games have become; games today are not just for people with a lot of spare time on their hands. That's the price we had to pay for games to become a socially acceptable hobby.

Having said that, T10 could just give you the option to disable rewind and get a huge boost in credits for doing so. Such an easy fix.

That's a good idea.

zorbsie

Updated the ForzaGaf Players list and so far these are the people who want in on the league racing:

KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop

Did I miss anyone? Anyone else want to crash into race Sarbear?

Just noticed the level up payout went up. 70k per level, not bad. I used some tokens for XP doubling and did 50 laps at the brickyard. Made 490k in 40 minutes. Dat grind.

Klocker

Is it just me or is the tvr sagaris immensely more easy to drive due to the new physics model?

have not driven the tvr yet but I feel many of the cars that I remember from 3-4 are so much better to drive. there are some cars that literally just felt like dumbed down slipping and sliding machines trying to imitate a lack of physical control in old games.

this game makes the cars all fun to drive as they are now how I would imagine most of them to respond in real life. you can almost feel the difference. they respond but each with it's own character and limitations

also can any one explain why they removed the entire list of metallic paints?

Having said that, T10 could just give you the option to disable rewind and get a huge boost in credits for doing so. Such an easy fix.

This is an option in Forza 4 and they really should patch this back in. I race in Forza 4 with rewind until I am comfortable with the track and then turn it off.

I've been using remind as somewhat of a crutch, but I'd be willing to part with it if there were a credit-based incentive to turning it off.

Updated the ForzaGaf Players list and so far these are the people who want in on the league racing:

KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear

Just noticed the level up payout went up. 70k per level, not bad. I used some tokens for XP doubling and did 50 laps at the brickyard. Made 490k in 40 minutes. Dat grind.

Add me

soundscream13

zorbsie

Added you fellas as well. As far as timing goes. I'm assuming weekend is best for everyone? Probably the best way to get Europe involved in the league too. Although P3tran is online all day every day.

Current list:
zorbsie
KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop

m23

Added you fellas as well. As far as timing goes. I'm assuming weekend is best for everyone? Probably the best way to get Europe involved in the league too. Although P3tran is online all day every day.

Yeah lol, noticed that too. Lucky guy.

Levi

Banned
Having trouble on the Forza Rewards page. It says I'm eligible for a million credit bonus, but won't let me redeem it. It just spins the loading wheel forever. Tried on my laptop and my phone's mobile browser. Known issue?

Can't promise I'll be there every weekend, but go ahead and add me to the list for the racing league, zorbsie.

GT: Sp4ceman Sp1ff

Anyone in this thread who needs another drivatar in the grid is welcome to send a FR as well.

simples

Banned
Having trouble on the Forza Rewards page. It says I'm eligible for a million credit bonus, but won't let me redeem it. It just spins the loading wheel forever. Tried on my laptop and my phone's mobile browser. Known issue?
refresh the page a bunch of times

worked on the 5th try

Kysel

Weekends is best. Saying that, with my current sleeping pattern i may as well live on the US timezone!
UK here...

Oh, feel free to add me too guys :)

Could do with some more driveatars to moan about

Redshirt

Banned
The Halo-edition '69 Mustang is very cool. What is the criteria for receiving this gift?

EDIT: Just found the answer: VIP.

So my replacement wheel is working. My driving skills, not so much. I'm absolutely bobbins with the wheel. I feel like if i fight it i'm going to rip the rim off lol.

Amazing experience for the laps i got around Spa and Prague though when not in the wall.

So my replacement wheel is working. My driving skills, not so much. I'm absolutely bobbins with the wheel. I feel like if i fight it i'm going to rip the rim off lol.

Amazing experience for the laps i got around Spa and Prague though when not in the wall.

Yep the learning starts again once you're using the wheel.

What car are you using it with?

StUnNeR H2K

KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop

Zorbs I'm down. Just PM'ed you my info to be added to the Forza GAF list, also think you are on my XBL Friends list already too.

p3tran

Banned
Added you fellas as well. As far as timing goes. I'm assuming weekend is best for everyone? Probably the best way to get Europe involved in the league too.
Although P3tran is online all day every day.

Current list:
zorbsie
KaYotiX
op_ivy
Munish23
CrudeDiatribe
BIGT468
SarBear
Kysel
Drugstore_Cowboy
Soundscream
Spottiettiedop
Yeah lol, noticed that too. Lucky guy.

yeah, of course add me guys :)

and luck had nothing to do with this thing.
the boss decided to have a full month christmas this year
I'm the boss lol

it will click with you at some point, just keep going.
by the way, I have set all force properties to 80% via the pc util, and inside forza (profile-> controller -> advanced) rumble to 75% and feedback to 60-65%. maybe try those for a change. i dont know if they are too little for a 70s muscle car (probably are), but for the cars i like i prefer it like this for now.
I mean, if a stock TTRS's wheel behaved like the tx does in 100%, audi mechanic's heads would roll plenty :)

Top Bottom