• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

danowat

Banned
Are rolling starts an option for all races? Inc single player and career?

Always had a bugbear with the lack of longitudinal grip in high power cars off the line and rolling starts might mitigate this somewhat.

I am still sad all the cars from the 2016 season. I mean, I understand why, it just sort of sucks. I really wanted some classic NASCAR cars.

Like I said on Sunday, I feel like that is the story of Forza lately. They always have these really cool and interesting ideas that they only seem to implement part way. It is just weird because this is easily the best Forza and yet I am not nearly as into it as I have been with the older games.

Are rolling starts an option for all races? Inc single player and career?

Always had a bugbear with the lack of longitudinal grip in high power cars off the line and rolling starts might mitigate this somewhat.

From what i gathered from the Content Update Helios posted the new race modes are also added to forza regardless if you have the NASCAR expansion pack or not

Bobnob

I am still sad all the cars from the 2016 season. I mean, I understand why, it just sort of sucks. I really wanted some classic NASCAR cars.

Like I said on Sunday, I feel like that is the story of Forza lately. They always have these really cool and interesting ideas that they only seem to implement part way. It is just weird because this is easily the best Forza and yet I am not nearly as into it as I have been with the older games.
DLC Classics and Trucks i reckon, Season pass was worthless for me.

GHG

Gold Member
DLC Classics and Trucks i reckon, Season pass was worthless for me.

What's annoying is the best car packs have arrived after the season pass ended.

Anyway, games updating now. Hopefully there's an option for the new stuff in the base career mode.

gragy10

I wonder if T10's budget is being trimmed, or at least scrutinised more than the 360 era - cutting out all the licensed music in exchange for soundbed stuff (both ingame & the DLC trailers) is a pretty major cost cut.

zorbsie

Posted these in the other thread. Jpgs from FM.net sharing screengrabs isn't working for me right now.
getphoto86uku.jpg

getphototuuw0.jpg

getphotopfu1l.jpg

getphotoeqube.jpg

We I'll be, the Drivatars didn't actually throw a shit-fit in the opening race. I was fully expecting to be pinballing the whole way around, and who knows how long it'll last, but for now I'm enjoying their newfound manners while running in a pack. The proximity arrows are quite helpful, too, if a bit hard to see.

Can't say I'm too keen on the 'NASCAR vs the world' concept of the career, but without some combination of more tracks from the series and a more sophisticated physics model to better capture the intricacies of stock-car racing, I can see why they've gone for this instead of something more authentic.

In keeping with the tone of this franchise, there's an decent amount of dumb fun to be had, so I can't complain too much. The production values are aces, too, (also a longstanding Forza tradition).

Are rolling starts in for Rivals too? Would save a lot of time on the Nordschleife.

Unfortunately not, although you can in Free Play and running solo laps is pretty much the same thing.

Lima

One of my coworkers was talking about Forza with me today and was like bleh they can keep this. All they do in Nascar is drive in circles and Forza doesn't even have enough oval tracks.

I was like bro...and left.

GHG

Gold Member
ItsTrue_AllOfIt.gif

:D

Details of our latest Content Update here too - http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-us/news/fm6_may_cu

Some really nice additions that I'm sure some of you will enjoy.

Hey Helios, I seem to have encountered a bug since the content update. Video of my problem:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XBL GHG/video/17605282

Basically the game is no longer allowing me to proceed with cars that are under the performance limit by greater than the recommended allowance. The only way I can proceed with the races is if I upgrade the car accordingly which I'd rather not do as I prefer to race using cars in stock form where possible.

Any chance this can be looked into or is there something I can do on my side?

Apart from that, great update. Forced pit stops are a nice addition. All that's left is for a qualifying option to be added now ;) .

G Rom

Homestead is beautiful, especially in the rain:

mobile.1946fze5.jpg

mobile.195loazc.jpg

mobile.196d1ygz.jpg

Great additions in terms of gameplay as well. I just wish they would copy and past the whole multiplayer rule book in free play and let us choose the Drivatar cars, it would be perfect !

BYW, I called Homestead back in January ! :)

Haven't bought the NASCAR DLC - first content for the game I haven't got. I'm just not into NASCAR.

But the content update is really good. I've been having fun playing WTC events with mandatory pitstops. I like the drafting rumbled they've added. Rolling starts are worth using occasionally and it makes sense they've divorced wear from damage. Hopefully all this stuff will be in FM7 from the start.

One thing they need to add is each car should show you on the store/my cars screen which series it is counted as for quick race options. While some are obvious, others really are not.

Fox Mulder

But Nascar doesn't run when it is raining. This supposed to be a sim?

They can, they just don't because it would be stupid and deadly on ovals.

Forza also does nothing to emulate the regulations of these various series they have. Just cool cars on cool tracks.

RawNuts

Anyone find a good Daytona USA or Dogecoin livery yet? It's hard to find things when there are so many separate cars and you can't do a general livery search spanning all of them.

zorbsie

Had a crazy big spin out around an oval. The roof areo popped up. I guess that only happens when things go terribly wrong. :)

Just like the Porsche expansion, a lot of work seems to have gone into this expansion. Enjoying the career. Great stuff.

Had a crazy big spin out around an oval. The roof areo popped up. I guess that only happens when things go terribly wrong. :)

Just like the Porsche expansion, a lot of work seems to have gone into this expansion. Enjoying the career. Great stuff.

I am impressed by how much mechanical grip these cars have! I was not expecting them to behave the way they do on road courses.

gragy10

Proper struggling with NASCAR oval racing - 3 attempts at the intro race, not one shunt/contact & haven't finished better than 7th yet :/

Fox Mulder

The first decent car pack (expansion) on forza 6, i know others will dissagree. JMHO

How much ????

Porsche is great content that I wish was available to them regularly. Plus we got packs with Senna's McLaren and Prost's Ferrari.

I bought this NASCAR expansion, but it really only adds three cars with a bunch of liveries and one track.

Bought the NASCAR update yesterday, enjoying it so far! I like the new pit requirements, changes things up a little. Being from Norway I'm not very familiar with NASCAR racing though, luckily this update lets me drive them around all the other tracks and not just the ovals!

Is NASCAR a typical southern state thing in the US? Any fans of the sport here, who's tried the Forza DLC?

Lima

NASCAR also drives on road courses with Road America, Sonoma Raceway and Watkins Glen being tracks that are also in the game.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Anyone find a good Daytona USA or Dogecoin livery yet? It's hard to find things when there are so many separate cars and you can't do a general livery search spanning all of them.

Waiting on a Scorpio Plasma Batteries livery and a Days of Thunder City Chevrolet livery myself.

HeliosT10

Hey Helios, I seem to have encountered a bug since the content update. Video of my problem:

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/XBL GHG/video/17605282

Basically the game is no longer allowing me to proceed with cars that are under the performance limit by greater than the recommended allowance. The only way I can proceed with the races is if I upgrade the car accordingly which I'd rather not do as I prefer to race using cars in stock form where possible.

Any chance this can be looked into or is there something I can do on my side?

Apart from that, great update. Forced pit stops are a nice addition. All that's left is for a qualifying option to be added now ;) .

Thanks for the feedback GHG, have passed this to our team for investigation.

RawNuts

Helios, Did you guys block screenshot sharing? Can't seem to share screenshots.
I'm having this issue as well since the update, screenshots and game clips aren't sharing. I can go to the game hub page and see that other people have taken clips and screenshots with Nascar content though, so it must be an isolated issue. When I browse the game dvr app, I can see the clips there, but none of them have titles of the game they're from. I've tried a full cold boot and the issue still persists.

zorbsie

I'm having this issue as well since the update, screenshots and game clips aren't sharing. I can go to the game hub page and see that other people have taken clips and screenshots with Nascar content though, so it must be an isolated issue. When I browse the game dvr app, I can see the clips there, but none of them have titles of the game they're from. I've tried a full cold boot and the issue still persists.

Posted on twitter to Jub3, and someone mentioned that it was widespread. Wouldn't be so bad if the Forza share images weren't compressed jpgs. Hopefully they know about it and are trying to fix it.

Caayn

Just got an 97MB update but it didn't fix the share problem.

It's moment like these that I hate that we can't export screenshots to a USB drive like we can on the PS4.

zorbsie

Just got an 97MB update but it didn't fix the share problem.

It's moment like these that I hate that we can't export screenshots to a USB drive like we can on the PS4.

Agreed. Knowing that the pics taken can never be shared make this hurt even more.

Caayn

Agreed. Knowing that the pics taken can never be shared make this hurt even more.
I know how you feel. I just created a thread to bring more attention to the shortcomings of the current system in the hope that it'll one day be fixed.

Top Bottom