• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

VIR Full. Sorry I should have posted this earlier. Yesterday was just a blur. Running on 3 hours of sleep was a bad idea.

Damn dude, everything alright? PM me if you need anything.

I have been working on finishing the Porsche races and they have been good overall, until I got to the 918 races.

Listen, I know in real life the LaFerrari, P1 and 918 are all close rivals and all that but in the Forza world that 918 is just no match for the LaFerrari. The thing is 20 PI higher and just better in every fuckin way.

No idea why someone thought it would be a good idea to put the 918 against such a superior car.

Lima

VIR Full. Sorry I should have posted this earlier. Yesterday was just a blur. Running on 3 hours of sleep was a bad idea.

Running on 3 hours of sleep is the best. Been doing it for 2 weeks now with two 90 minute naps. One when I get home from Work and then one at 5am to 6:30 until I have to get up for work. You get so much more shit done. I used to run on 5 hours but Kojima inspired me to cut it down even further. It's pretty amazing what the body can adapt to.

zorbsie

Damn dude, everything alright? PM me if you need anything.

I have been working on finishing the Porsche races and they have been good overall, until I got to the 918 races.

Listen, I know in real life the LaFerrari, P1 and 918 are all close rivals and all that but in the Forza world that 918 is just no match for the LaFerrari. The thing is 20 PI higher and just better in every fuckin way.

No idea why someone thought it would be a good idea to put the 918 against such a superior car.

Everything is good. Just some unexplained insomnia. Cutting my caffeine intake in hopes that helps.

Back on topic. Yes the hybrid races in the Porsche pack was a bit of a let down. LaFerrari is so much better than both.

The LaFerrari's OP status mostly comes down to how light it is in the game.

Forza has always played fast and loose with car weights, (dry vs wet, manufacturer vs third party, etc), which handicaps the 918 because the game uses a realistic curb weight for it whereas the Ferrari is something like ~500 lbs lighter than what owners and magazines have measured.

Forza seems to give the LaF's active aero way too much credit, too, but that's a whole other can of worms.

Devildoll

t1463338800z1.png

RawNuts

Apparently my replay download of A class on the Grand circuit failed; I wanted to watch us all go off on that turn again. Anyone have it?

zorbsie

Forza GAF Racing League 2015 Season is over!
Thanks to everyone who showed up. Even for just one race. It was great racing/chatting with everyone. Hope it was fun for everyone that came out. So, who won? The 2014 champion has successfully defended his title. Way to go P3tran! The trophy is being made now and I'll send it as soon as I can. In the mean time enjoy this action shot:
hl311sz8.png

How did everyone else do? Here is the complete list of racers and their final points after 25 races.
P3tran 894
Devildoll 645
BIGT468 616
Zorbsie 324
Rawnuts 276
Don_Ente 230
Jello44 213
SarBear 211
Shortt Sirket 196
Gragy10 167

CrudeDiatribe 129
Soundscream 128
ilikesanta 109
TylerDurden4321 78
SkinnerSw33t 66
FrontierUK 44
Lima 33
GoaThief 30
GHG 27
RoKKeR 19
Navy Bean 14
Grimmstick 10
Noobcraft 10
EBreda 4
Psyergery ES 1
badger2099 0
meckems911 0
Zvonimir Boban 0
Golinku 0

Don_Ente in 6th place blows my mind. He never raced with us on the weekends he got that place from just doing time trials. For a full breakdown of standings go here.

Big shout out to our resident bumper brake SoundScream. No matter how many times we bump him he keeps coming back. :) Here's a couple more shots from all the races we've done. Thanks again to every who came out. We wouldn't have a league without you.

hl25mse2.png

The one time no one hit SoundScream.

hl1c4suy.png

How can you not like Long Beach?

So what now? Even though the season is up doesn't mean racing stops. Weekends are always a good time for races. But now they don't have to be so formal. Either day is fine, lets get online and do some races for fun.

Good shit Zorbs, great job with the series and keeping it interesting.

Maybe we could do a few Horizon 2 races to get ready for the Horizon 3 announcement?

Edit: It does appear the NASCAR expansion is coming out tomorrow.

zorbsie

Good shit Zorbs, great job with the series and keeping it interesting.

Maybe we could do a few Horizon 2 races to get ready for the Horizon 3 announcement?

Edit: It does appear the NASCAR expansion is coming out tomorrow.

OH SNAP! And Helios didn't even come by and drop a hint our way. boo! :)
If this is legit I'm all for doing another season based around the new DLC. Hope there is achievements.
Not that I care about those things.

NASCAR pack drops tomorrow? I'm so in. Was that the date on the Amazon listing or have I missed something?

Homestead-Miami makes the roster of American tracks pretty damn solid. If we could just get Barber Motorsports Park and/or Mid-Ohio I'd be all set.

NASCAR pack drops tomorrow? I'm so in. Was that the date on the Amazon listing or have I missed something?

Homestead-Miami makes the roster of American tracks pretty damn solid. If we could just get Barber Motorsports Park and/or Mid-Ohio I'd be all set.

God, I want Mid Ohio so bad. It's such an awesome track.

gragy10

Totally down for NASCAR if it comes out.
Huge big up to Zorbs for organising / co-ordinating the league - had a stupid amount of fun desopite no mic, only a bit gutted I only joined towards the end / missed a bunch of races / forgot to turn damage off a few time / other excuses for scraping the top 10

danowat

Banned
Nascar Achievements

Welcome To NASCAR Welcome To NASCAR
Finish your first NASCAR race
10 (10)
Hometown Hero Hometown Hero
Finish the NASCAR Icons Tour Expedition
20 (20)
Around the World Around the World
Finish the Passport to the World Expedition
20 (20)
Roadtrip USA Roadtrip USA
Finish the One Lap of America Expedition
20 (20)
Mastering Mulsanne Mastering Mulsanne
Finish The Road to Le Mans Expedition
20 (20)
NASCAR World Champion NASCAR World Champion
Complete the full NASCAR World Tour
20 (20)
Homestead 305 Homestead 305
Complete a lap of Homestead in under 30.5 seconds
10 (10)
Hendrick Motorsports Driver Hendrick Motorsports Driver
Drive 50 miles in Hendrick Motorsports NASCAR models
10 (10)
Chip Ganassi Racing Driver Chip Ganassi Racing Driver
Drive 50 miles in Chip Ganassi Racing NASCAR models
10 (10)
Team Penske Driver Team Penske Driver
Drive 50 miles in Team Penske NASCAR models
10 (10)
Stewart-Haas Racing Driver Stewart-Haas Racing Driver
Drive 50 miles in Stewart-Haas Racing NASCAR models
10 (10)
Joe Gibbs Racing Driver Joe Gibbs Racing Driver
Drive 50 miles in Joe Gibbs Racing NASCAR models
10 (10)
The Big One The Big One
Race in a NASCAR multiplayer league
10 (10)
Shake and Bake Shake and Bake
Race in a NASCAR multiplayer hopper
10 (10)
In The Groove In The Groove
Complete 1 NASCAR Showcase Event
5 (5)
Dropping the Hammer Dropping the Hammer
Complete all 10 NASCAR Showcase events
15 (15)
Dirty Air Dirty Air
Get 100 Perfect Draft Scores
15 (15)
Geared Up Geared Up
Equip a Platinum NASCAR badge
5 (5)
Stop and Go Stop and Go
Complete 5 QuickStop races
10 (10)
Traffic Jam Traffic Jam
Complete 5 rolling start races
10 (10)

zorbsie

That trailer is fantastic. Turn10 always has great trailers.
Well I guess we're racing this weekend :)

Helios, do you have a time line when the content will hit the marketplace?

zorbsie

Just read about quick start. That's a great addition to the game. We could have used that last weekend. :)

Great stuff Helios, can't wait to check it out.

If things go to plan around a couple of hours or so.
Nice, I can finish another level in Doom before checking again :)

Lima

Helios will there ever be a change to the Thru the Pack achievement? One of the worst achievements in the Forza franchise and keeping me from 100% completion in all Forza titles. Please at least make it available for private lobbies.

zorbsie

Helios will there ever be a change to the Thru the Pack achievement? One of the worst achievements in the Forza franchise and keeping me from 100% completion in all Forza titles. Please at least make it available for private lobbies.

YES! 1000x this. Worst cheevo ever.

Top Bottom