• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Castaway

Agreed. Knowing that the pics taken can never be shared make this hurt even more.

Have you tried viewing the pictures you took in the Forza Hub photo galleries? You can save them from there to your computer or flash drive, or share to social media etc.

Fox Mulder

Lol at the NASCAR showcase at the top gear track. I was so focused on driving that I forgot it's a figure 8 track with 20+ AI cars.

RawNuts

Are we doing a NASCAR race tomorrow? Maybe a short road track and then a longer oval?

Anyone interested?
giphy.gif

Same time as previous GAF races I assume?

GHG

Gold Member
Just got an 97MB update but it didn't fix the share problem.

It's moment like these that I hate that we can't export screenshots to a USB drive like we can on the PS4.

Didn't fix my issue or a few others that have been reported in the Forza forums either so we can only hope another update is in the pipeline.

Bobnob

Tune shared for miami oval nascar sitting in third in class R .5s easy .3s possable.

Can Nascars really do over 200mph in first gear ???

Fox Mulder

So do trolls really buy $20 dlc just to fuck up people's racing? The NASCAR events are shitshows.

Why does the game allow a non ghost car to sit on the start line the entire race?

Noobcraft

I somehow lost a race in a Ferrari LMS car to 23 Nascars around the Nurburgring in the rain. I'm sorry but there is absolutely zero chance of a NASCAR doing a lap around the Ring+GP Circuit in heavy rain, in under 10 minutes. -_-

danowat

Banned
Just a random situation that I thought was funny.

Had a race on cycled production last night on multiplayer, just me and one other, sat on the grid, started, got to the first corner and started pulling away, the person I was racing against remarked "WHY IS THEIR CAR FASTER THAN MINE, HOW COME, WE'VE BOTH GOT THE SAME CAR!!!", they then disconnected.

Made me chuckle, wonder if Hamilton shouts the same thing on the radio when Rosberg starts pulling away from him!

HeliosT10

I'm having this issue as well since the update, screenshots and game clips aren't sharing. I can go to the game hub page and see that other people have taken clips and screenshots with Nascar content though, so it must be an isolated issue. When I browse the game dvr app, I can see the clips there, but none of them have titles of the game they're from. I've tried a full cold boot and the issue still persists.

Just to update you quickly, this is a known issue and we're currently investigating the cause. Hopefully it won't be too long until it's resolved.

terrible

Banned
Yeah I have the same glitch too.

I'm actually glad though since I wish xbox clips didnt auto upload to start with lol. Is there a way to make it so every game behaves like that when you save a clip?

The Gran Turismo Sport reveal left me wanting some classic circuit racing, which got me to spend some quality time with Forza over the weekend running time trials and some long, full grid races.

Had a great time with it and was pleasantly caught by surprise at the inclusion of the car proximity markers, and the ability to require pits during a race. Great stuff!

Best part was that my controller didn't disconnect once - that issue is the number one thing that has kept me from Forza and the Xbox. Crossing my fingers that this is no longer an issue for me as I need more Forza in my life.

BTW - Should we be expecting a Forza Horizon 3 announcement at e3? Something else? Maybe Forza takes a break?

(If I had to guess, yes Horizon 3, but the PGR-hope isn't dead)
As in an actual PGR? Or spiritual successor.

I adore DriveClub and have heard PGR as the closest analogue to it, so I could be jazzed by that.

Not as much as a Horizon 3 though. I think of Horizon 2 as kind of a launch title - felt a little too last gen-ish to me, and I just know they can knock it out of the park once they've gotten more comfortable with the hardware.

Snubbers

FWIW,

I still would love it if T10 could fix the neutral on start line bug with steering wheels.

Both my Thrustmaster TX and Fanatec CSW V2 do this, and it's hugely annoying and hampers my starts. I am reluctant to have to spend money on buying a shifter to plug in just to 'work around' the issue, when I don't want an external shifter..

FWIW,

I still would love it if T10 could fix the neutral on start line bug with steering wheels.

Both my Thrustmaster TX and Fanatec CSW V2 do this, and it's hugely annoying and hampers my starts. I am reluctant to have to spend money on buying a shifter to plug in just to 'work around' the issue, when I don't want an external shifter..
Could you explain this further? I'm really not trolling and have played this game with H-pattern shifter and manual clutch as well as flappy paddle shifter with automatic clutch, but never had the feeling something was wrong.

Do I remember right that with auto-clutch the game starts you in first gear and gives you like 2 seconds before the 3-2-1 countdown ends to rev-up your engine? And with h-pattern shifter and manual clutch it starts in neutral, giving you time to shift into first before the 3-2-1 ends? That's how I remember that and I don't know what's wrong with that decision (apart from the fact that there a ton of sequential gearbox cars that you don't clutch in real life but have to be clutched in the game / are being clutched by the computer or the clutch/transmission takes damage).

Caayn

Just to update you quickly, this is a known issue and we're currently investigating the cause. Hopefully it won't be too long until it's resolved.
Don't know what you did. I didn't have an update so I assume that you fixed something server side. But I can tell you that it's working right now :)

Fox Mulder

As in an actual PGR? Or spiritual successor.

I adore DriveClub and have heard PGR as the closest analogue to it, so I could be jazzed by that.

Not as much as a Horizon 3 though. I think of Horizon 2 as kind of a launch title - felt a little too last gen-ish to me, and I just know they can knock it out of the park once they've gotten more comfortable with the hardware.

I can't wait for horizon 3.

Maybe they can introduce motorcycles like PGR and Driveclub.

These sounds have existed since at least 2011 with Forza 4, possibly even earlier.

There's a guy on GameFAQs and a few other sites (not sure if he's on here?) named pez2k who does some huge in-depth modding stuff for the 360 Forzas, one of them I distinctly remember being a Honda Fireblade engine swap for the Smart Fortwo because he found the soundbanks in the files and it inspired him.

So yeah, unused bike stuff has been around for at least 5 years now. That's not to say they might still show up, but that's the explanation for the current ones at least.

Snubbers

Could you explain this further? I'm really not trolling and have played this game with H-pattern shifter and manual clutch as well as flappy paddle shifter with automatic clutch, but never had the feeling something was wrong.

Do I remember right that with auto-clutch the game starts you in first gear and gives you like 2 seconds before the 3-2-1 countdown ends to rev-up your engine? And with h-pattern shifter and manual clutch it starts in neutral, giving you time to shift into first before the 3-2-1 ends? That's how I remember that and I don't know what's wrong with that decision (apart from the fact that there a ton of sequential gearbox cars that you don't clutch in real life but have to be clutched in the game / are being clutched by the computer or the clutch/transmission takes damage).

With just a normal controller with manual or manual + clutch gearbox options, you get a 3-2-1 countdown and the game automatically selects 1st and starts you going on..

It used to be the same with a wheel + built in paddle shifters (but no external shifter).. the game would auto select 1st and you'd be off when the countdown completed..

Now, it counts down and leaves you on the line in neutral, so you have to manually select 1st after the countdown before you leave the line, this is with just manual gearbox selected, not manual + clutch..

I've heard that if you have an external shifter, you just leave that in 1st gear and don't touch it, then it auto selects first on countdown completion and off you go..

The issue is, I don't have an external shifter..

I've seen people with the TX Wheel and Fanatec wheels say the same, all have the same setup, a wheel + inbuilt paddle shifters only..

It's definitely not right and should be the easiest thing to fix, since it should mirror the behaviour of a controller when the gearbox is set to manual or manual + clutch.. But I suspect there is some gross assumption that if you have a wheel you must be using an external shifter, which I am led to believe reports it's in neutral if not connected..

With just a normal controller with manual or manual + clutch gearbox options, you get a 3-2-1 countdown and the game automatically selects 1st and starts you going on..

It used to be the same with a wheel + built in paddle shifters (but no external shifter).. the game would auto select 1st and you'd be off when the countdown completed..

Now, it counts down and leaves you on the line in neutral, so you have to manually select 1st after the countdown before you leave the line, this is with just manual gearbox selected, not manual + clutch..

I've heard that if you have an external shifter, you just leave that in 1st gear and don't touch it, then it auto selects first on countdown completion and off you go..

The issue is, I don't have an external shifter..

I've seen people with the TX Wheel and Fanatec wheels say the same, all have the same setup, a wheel + inbuilt paddle shifters only..

It's definitely not right and should be the easiest thing to fix, since it should mirror the behaviour of a controller when the gearbox is set to manual or manual + clutch.. But I suspect there is some gross assumption that if you have a wheel you must be using an external shifter, which I am led to believe reports it's in neutral if not connected..
ok, thanks, I didn't know they changed that since I started playing with a shifter. (why would you DO that?!??)
I hope it gets sorted out.

Fox Mulder

I switched to manual clutch recently and it's going well most times. The f1 or indycars are giving me issues with stalled starts though.

Yeah it sucks. As a manual and clutch player I feel there's been steps to artificially slow us down since F5 :/

Still although not the best racing game F6 (slowly going in the right direction for sure but a long way to go) its probably the best car game ever. We getting any more DLC?

terrible

Banned
Does anyone else have the issue where you hit 100% braking and throttle when you've only pushed the triggers maybe 75% of the way when using a controller? This is with the deadzone settings set to 0 and 100.

Does anyone else have the issue where you hit 100% braking and throttle when you've only pushed the triggers maybe 75% of the way when using a controller? This is with the deadzone settings set to 0 and 100.

Others have mentioned a similar issue even with FM5, but I don't think it's Forza. It's never been a problem for me with a good trigger at any rate.

If you're comfortable opening your controller, you should check the magnets and heatshrink.

terrible

Banned
Others have mentioned a similar issue even with FM5, but I don't think it's Forza. It's never been a problem for me with a good trigger at any rate.

If you're comfortable opening your controller, you should check the magnets and heatshrink.

I just connected both my controllers to a PC and tested them there and Windows shows them hitting 100% with the triggers way early too so I guess both my controllers are just messed up. Damn. One of them might still be under warranty so I might go that route. [edit] nope, out of warranty lol.

Trailer for Forza Racing Championship and the free 2016 #66 Ford GT Le Mans Race Car

Racing on Xbox One will soon take its next great leap forward with the Forza Racing Championship, debuting later this summer in Forza Motorsport 6. The Forza Racing Championship will take advantage of Forza’s renowned authenticity and the massive amount of content available in the game, including more than 600 fully detailed Forzavista™ cars and an unmatched lineup of racing tracks from all over the world. Stay tuned to www.forzamotorsport.net for more on the Forza Racing Championship.

To celebrate the upcoming Forza Racing Championship, and with just days to go before the Ford Chip Ganassi Racing competes in the 84th running of the 24 Hours of Le Mans on June 18 and 19, beginning today codes for the 2016 #66 Ford GT Le Mans race car in Forza Motorsport 6 will be sent via Xbox Live messages to gamers who play Forza Motorsport 6 race on June 18 and 19.

zorbsie

Loaded up FM6 but didn't get the update. :( Raced around in Nascar cars instead :)
I'll try again later tonight or tomorrow. This game just keeps on giving.

Top Bottom