• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

terrible

Banned
So what DLC cars is everyone hoping for? Personally I really want the new Focus RS, more American and Japanese race cars, both old and new. There's a good selection of race cars already, but there's still so much they can add.

Mazda Furai
Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti

Those are the two I want the most right now. They're also two of the best sounding cars ever I'd say. That's partially why I want them badly.

First prize spin and I got a bugatti veyron! Anyone else get some good prizes from the spins?

I've won a million dollars and a Huayra. The rest of my spins have pretty much been the worst prizes available haha.

Stig94

Neo Member
What does everyone think of the career?

I noticed something that annoyed me yesterday, in each 'Story of Motorsport' you're only getting 3 groups of events?

For example if I want to go back and say do 'daybreak series' but with a different car type the track selection is exactly the same..

Say the Hypercar events, it has the same tracks as the sports GT ones, not a single one with tracks like Nurburgring full in the rain.

Lol hope I made sense or am I missing something?

danowat

Banned
What does everyone think of the career?

I noticed something that annoyed me yesterday, in each 'Story of Motorsport' you're only getting 3 groups of events?

For example if I want to go back and say do 'daybreak series' but with a different car type the track selection is exactly the same..

Say the Hypercar events, it has the same tracks as the sports GT ones, not a single one with tracks like Nurburgring full in the rain.

Lol hope I made sense or am I missing something?

Correct, tracks are fixed within the series.

What do I think about the career?, it's not overly exciting, not a great deal of motivation to plough throught it.

Having a hell of a time getting 1st place on pro difficulty. I have no issue getting 2nd or 3rd but by the time I get there the first place car is gone. Not just a little ahead either but almost half a track away.

Having a hell of a time getting 1st place on pro difficulty. I have no issue getting 2nd or 3rd but by the time I get there the first place car is gone. Not just a little ahead either but almost half a track away.

The devs are investigating that, it's a common issue. They think the drivatar in 1st place is being roped in from a higher difficulty due to some kind of glitch.

lentini

The devs are investigating that, it's a common issue. They think the drivatar in 1st place is being roped in from a higher difficulty due to some kind of glitch.

Forza 5 was the same as well though, it was usually the first 2 cars that pulled away

terrible

Banned
You guys wishing for the Furai know that it doesn't exist anymore, probably making it near impossible to have it back ?

I know. I'm sure they could still pull up their old data and reference material if they really wanted to though. It's unlikely that they'll include it but not impossible.

edit: I'm late lol. this is what i get for not refreshing the page.

Man, Online Hopper racing where you come out of the rainy fog on the backstretch of Sebring to see three cars spinning out in front of you and doing a quick "oh shit!" and weave through them to get an online win is why I love these games.

pack of 4 of us, leader and 2 others got out a few lengths ahead of me, one of them got into a puddle, hit the other 2, all 3 spin in the fog. I see none of this until i come out of it.

the best.

For the recent stuff :

[...]

Crazy F1s like the 6 wheels Tyrell, the Brabham fan-car, etc...

[...]

I'm usually more of a production car type, but YESS! I double-second that!
Add the Chaparral 2J to that, that one had a constant fan that ran independent of the driving motor. 1.7 Gs through a a slow hairpin on ancient tyres, driving like somebody had turned on the forward-button, super hard to judge brake-points because you can brake so much later. That would be awesome.

I also agree on more french cars and Suzuka as track DLC. Pikes Peak or Monaco might be asked a bit much, but I'm spoiled since we got the Nürburgring+Nordschleife last year as free DLC.

You guys wishing for the Furai know that it doesn't exist anymore, probably making it near impossible to have it back ?
GT6 has it and it came out after the Furai was canceled. I'd rather have the NSX though.

Add the Chaparral 2J to that, that one had a constant fan that ran independent of the driving motor. 1.7 Gs through a a slow hairpin on ancient tyres, driving like somebody had turned on the forward-button, super hard to judge brake-points because you can brake so much later. That would be awesome.
I think that car is in FM5, though the fan doesn't run

I think that car is in FM5, though the fan doesn't run

You are thinking of the Chaparral 2E, with the high rear spoiler(and a DRS-pedal as we call it today) that was then copied by Formula 1 a year after Chaparral came up it with it in Can-Am racing. It had to be lighter (/more fragile) for F1 which lead to accidents. High rear wings were then outlawed everywhere (I think).

Gran Turismo 5 and 6 have the Chaparral 2D and 2J.

Edit: beaten. ...and also the 2E is in FM6 as well.

Gestault

The yellow headlamps on the Viper during nighttime races looks like magic, as hideous as I think they are in theory. Seeing the line of cars' headlamps (with a handful of different color temperatures) cast on the fencing at Daytona during replays is a nice "wow" moment.

Noobcraft

The yellow headlamps on the Viper during nighttime races looks like magic, as hideous as I think they are in theory. Seeing the line of cars' headlamps (with a handful of different color temperatures) cast on the fencing at Daytona during replays is a nice "wow" moment.
I saw them in the video you made in upload studio. It is pretty impressive.

Lima

And here we go. It was bound to happen. Lap 25 out of 26 on Bathurst and I completely loose the car after the last long straight while braking and end up damaging the car in pretty much every way possible. Even though the pit is right after that I didn't have a big lead cause motherfucking M.Rossi is just so unbelievably quick on unbeatable.

So I finished as 21st. Dat no rewind rule. Not even mad.

Gestault

And here we go. It was bound to happen. Lap 25 out of 26 on Bathurst and I completely loose the car after the last long straight while braking and end up damaging the car in pretty much every way possible. Even though the pit is right after that I didn't have a big lead cause motherfucking M.Rossi is just so unbelievably quick on unbeatable.

So I finished as 21st. Dat no rewind rule. Not even mad.

I've absolutely had the same feeling. No racing line, disabled rewind, minimal assists. If I goof, it makes the next win that much tastier.

Also, I consistently wipe out on the last lap of the longer races. It's like a superpower.

Think I've found a bug/error - in the cockpit view of the Rolls Royce. The reflection of the panel in front of the wheel is in the windscreen all the time and hard to see through. No way would someone pay £200,000 for a car with such poor visibility.

frontieruk

Think I've found a bug/error - in the cockpit view of the Rolls Royce. The reflection of the panel in front of the wheel is in the windscreen all the time and hard to see through. No way would someone pay £200,000 for a car with such poor visibility.

Like they'd notice, they wouldn't be driving

Correct, tracks are fixed within the series.

What do I think about the career?, it's not overly exciting, not a great deal of motivation to plough throught it.

I agree, i love career in the begining but once i've mastered the essentials, it's all about online. This is where the fun in racing is to me.

Gestault

I agree, i love career in the begining but once i've mastered the essentials, it's all about online. This is where the fun in racing is to me.

Leagues look to be pretty nuts. I didn't hear a lot about it pre-release, but it's more or less exactly what a lot of people have said they wanted. Seasonal point tracking sounds great, though it wasn't available last night when I started to check it out.

Noobcraft

Like they'd notice, they wouldn't be driving
Lol.

I noticed that at night the interior ceiling has these orange lights in it.
4592-rolls-royce-phantom-offers-customised-starry-ceiling.jpg

Hawk269

So what DLC cars is everyone hoping for? Personally I really want the new Focus RS, more American and Japanese race cars, both old and new. There's a good selection of race cars already, but there's still so much they can add.

I think we have enough cars. We could always use more tracks. I am hoping for at least 2-3 DLC tracks and perhaps they add rain/night to a few more of the existing courses. For tracks my hopes are:

Maple Valley
Suzuka
Camino Real

danowat

Banned
24 car multiplayer just equals 24 more chances to get speared off the track!!!!

Also, it's a shame they cap affinity at lvl25.

kazinova

In online races, they need to make the AI drive for everyone for the first corner (or two, depending on the track). Then countdown until humans take over.

People. Suck. At. Driving.

Gestault

In online races, they need to make the AI drive for everyone for the first corner (or two, depending on the track). Then countdown until humans take over.

People. Suck. At. Driving.

I accidentally did a half spin-out at the starting line of a career race, and the AI immediately dodged away to the right so there wasn't an impact. It was a really cool, really realistic reaction. I definitely can't rely on that from players, lol.

On a serious note, a rolling start with a staggered race-clock would be a really good hopper for online. I'm a big fan of the starting class (E?) hopper that has impacts disabled for some of the same reasons. It's flashbacks to the 100-player simultaneous races in Dirt where you were basically just comparing real-time section performance with a whole messload of drivers. It got criticized for not having a "real" online mode, but I loved it.

Klocker

my experience in leagues was just several people spending all race knocking people into walls... I'll stick with sp.

Gestault

my experience in leagues was just several people spending all race knocking people into walls... I'll stick with sp.

Is the auto-ghosting for blocking vehicles disabled for Leagues? It seems like it would be really easy to get better placements if other people were just goofing around. I'm asking because it was down for me when I tried last night.

terrible

Banned
I guess this is only semi Forza related but when did Microsoft start requiring you to have XBL Gold in order to upload screenshots or videos to OneDrive? Seems like a pretty funny thing to lock behind a paygate.

Klocker

Is the auto-ghosting for blocking vehicles disabled for Leagues? It seems like it would be really easy to get better placements if other people were just goofing around. I'm asking because it was down for me when I tried last night.

Not sure. What is auto ghosting? it ghosted a few times right after someone plowed me into a wall but in general I felt like bowling pin as I was hit by several cars each time I get near anyone

The Ebay 1 series?, yeah, I picked that same car, and yup, I also had the same "wonder if I should have picked an FWD car" thought too!

I tried to profit of you guys experience and picked the Honda Civic FWD touring car, but

Sebring + rain + race car - traction control + front-wheel drive = super exhausting for me

19 laps until I got a Top3 finish in a 4 lap race. I think it's harder to accelerate on the track surface there, especially in a FWD car with way too much power that shifts the weight away from the driving wheels, over 520hp tuned into a FWD car, even if it's a WTCC-spec car, is just dumb... drove kinda ok up until that race though.

ekim

Anyone else having the problem that the achievement for owning the cover car doesn't work? I got it for free for playing the demo but the achievement doesn't unlock after downloading the car.

Anyone else having the problem that the achievement for owning the cover car doesn't work? I got it for free for playing the demo but the achievement doesn't unlock after downloading the car.

You have to purchase it to get the achievement. I'm pretty sure it's told to players in the in-game messages.

Yes. This is a known "issue." You have to buy the car to get the cheevo.

Edit: Beaten...

You accidentally bump a few ai and they retaliate like crazy

I've had a pit maneuver pulled on me several times on a straight away because of a pissed on and vengeful ai.

Mobius 1

I like this videogame.

I can't help but to be disappointed about the Rio circuit. They've done a remarkable job visually, but I wish it was geographically correct like the FM1version.

Top Bottom