• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Now that we've all have had time to get used to the new game, it's time for some ForzaGAF racing league fun.

league_week_header_bwpsto.png

Here's how it works:
Every Saturday we will get together and race. The class/car is set for four weeks. After that we switch to another set of rules. Scores will be kept, we'll be using F1 scoring for the standings. A race day shouldn't take more than 45 minutes, so it won't be such a huge time commitment for folks. For those that can't make it out but want to join in the fun we'll be doing time trials for the race day track. You can post your times here and I'll keep standings for those as well. We can't verify times exactly so I'll just have to trust you.

We did this with Forza 5 and it was a blast. Hopefully we can have a good turnout this year too. We race fairly seriously, but we are all there to have fun. Don't worry about being a superstar at the game. I always come in the bottom half of the standings but still have a great time.

Our first week will be Saturday October 10th at 3pm Eastern if I'm not mistaken. We have some wiggle room if that time doesn't work for everyone.

Race details:
Class: C500 (Any Car) Tunes are OK
Track: Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop (Reverse)

Who's in?

Forza 5's winner:
lastyearwinnerw4sor.png

Thanks to Frontieruk for doing all the heavy lifting with the survey and data collecting. Great stuff dude!

I'm sure I forgot to mention something. So if you have questions let me know.

I'll try to be there too!

eastx

Are the most expensive mod packs the best ones to get? Has anyone done intensive testing of the payouts for each pack?

frontieruk

Now that we've all have had time to get used to the new game, it's time for some ForzaGAF racing league fun.

league_week_header_bwpsto.png

Here's how it works:
Every Saturday we will get together and race. The class/car is set for four weeks. After that we switch to another set of rules. Scores will be kept, we'll be using F1 scoring for the standings. A race day shouldn't take more than 45 minutes, so it won't be such a huge time commitment for folks. For those that can't make it out but want to join in the fun we'll be doing time trials for the race day track. You can post your times here and I'll keep standings for those as well. We can't verify times exactly so I'll just have to trust you.

We did this with Forza 5 and it was a blast. Hopefully we can have a good turnout this year too. We race fairly seriously, but we are all there to have fun. Don't worry about being a superstar at the game. I always come in the bottom half of the standings but still have a great time.

Our first week will be Saturday October 10th at 3pm Eastern if I'm not mistaken. We have some wiggle room if that time doesn't work for everyone.

Race details:
Class: C500 (Any Car) Tunes are OK
Track: Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop (Reverse)

Who's in?

Forza 5's winner:
lastyearwinnerw4sor.png

Thanks to Frontieruk for doing all the heavy lifting with the survey and data collecting. Great stuff dude!

I'm sure I forgot to mention something. So if you have questions let me know.

Weren't there some bi-laws, only allowing P3Tran, Scr0ne and DeadPoul to run unmodified E class cars no matter what Class the Tourny is, and something about banning the Maple Syrup Mafia from using the Ghurka

danowat

Banned
Don't you mean: fuckin' A! I'm going to Iceland!

Oh yeah, definitely, would have liked to have joined in, but Iceland is going to be epic!

I'm up for the following weekend for sure, my wife works every other weekend, so have gaming time available when she's working :)

zorbsie

List so far for the first tournament:
Noobcraft
GHG - Maybe. You don't need all your sleep. :)
SkinnerSw33t
RawNuts
jello44
GoaThief
Psyrgery ES
Banglish
frontieruk
danowat - I'll put you on the list even though you'll be in Iceland.
P3tran - Can't reply here, but come on, he's in.

Edit: Oh yeah. Who paid for the trophy? And who's that scrub p3tran? I'll definitely contribute.

I paid for it and sent it over. Kind of wish I took a better shot of it before sending it. lol

Are the most expensive mod packs the best ones to get? Has anyone done intensive testing of the payouts for each pack?

I think it depends on what you what.

The 300K packs do seem like the best if you're going for XP cards.

150K are best if you're going for the Back of the Pack mod.

For most of the other achievement mods, you're better off going with 50K packs.

Add Grimmsticks if that's OK. I know he doesn't post much.

I paid for it and sent it over.

You should take a collection this time. Maybe PayPal or we can send you Xbox credit lol.

I'm in.

The class/car is set for four weeks. After that we switch to another set of rules. Scores will be kept, we'll be using F1 scoring for the standings.
Fantastic system!
Just hope that people will pick cars because they like them and not because they're ridiculously dominant in that class like some Mini Cooper tunes in B-class for example. With a good car and track diversity that system will be super fun, very happy here.

Noobcraft
SkinnerSw33t
RawNuts
jello44
GoaThief
Psyrgery ES
Banglish
frontieruk

I paid for it and sent it over. Kind of wish I took a better shot of it before sending it. lol

Fuck it I'm in

#SLEEPWHENI'MDEAD

eastx

I think it depends on what you what.

The 300K packs do seem like the best if you're going for XP cards.

150K are best if you're going for the Back of the Pack mod.

For most of the other achievement mods, you're better off going with 50K packs.

Ah, thank you.

Noobcraft
SkinnerSw33t
RawNuts
jello44
GoaThief
Psyrgery ES
Banglish
frontieruk

CrudeDiatribe. I wonder if P3tran can read this despite GAF posting being cut under austerity measures like his audio feed from Canada was.

Question: Is the car we pick for this week the car we will use for the next three weeks? Or any C500 car for any given race?

I believe I can fly

Everytime the race starts I always get out of the way and let everybody pass and then I try to catch up from the last position (because I am a terrible player and prone to cause accidents when trying to fight for my place) that's why I am on the grass at the beginning, but still I get rammed, sheesh.

frontieruk

8PM UK time?
Cant make this week, but can make next week, or do I have to be in every one?

Oh you can miss a week or two... Don't forget you can score by posting your time trial time in the PI class / track combo so you can negate the score deficit

Just because I doubt anyone else on GAF would care but you guys but I just got the greatest birthday gift ever today.

My wife secretly had my M3 towed to a place and fixed for my birthday. The car has been sitting for almost 2 years because of a massive problem with the rear brakes/suspension. But she got it fixed and took me to it today. I am so fuckin happy! I have been driving a goddam minivan for so long I forgot what driving a real car was like.

OvmlJjW.jpg

Seriously, best wife ever!

frontieruk

Just because I doubt anyone else on GAF would care but you guys but I just got the greatest birthday gift ever today.

My wife secretly had my M3 towed to a place and fixed for my birthday. The car has been sitting for almost 2 years because of a massive problem with the rear brakes/suspension. But she got it fixed and took me to it today. I am so fuckin happy! I have been driving a goddam minivan for so long I forgot what driving a real car was like.

OvmlJjW.jpg

Jelly :(

Stevey

Oh you can miss a week or two... Don't forget you can score by posting your time trial time in the PI class / track combo so you can negate the score deficit

Sweet, count me in then.

OvmlJjW.jpg

Love the E36

Happy Birthday man :D

OvmlJjW.jpg

Awesome. Happy birthday.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

So it should be 6am on a Sunday.

Doable, buuuuuutttttt that's when we will be waking up after a long night of alcoholic beverages consumed the previous night being Bathurst weekend.

OvmlJjW.jpg

Ways to tell she's a keeper #42

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
I just launched the game and received every rewards, again, including the 25 000 000 Cr oO

I think it's because I played offline last night when the Live was down, the game couldn't sync my save.

Evo X

Yo, sign me up for that tourney! Are collisions on or off? :D

And congrats on the awesome car and wife Shortt Sirket.

EBreda

Noobcraft
SkinnerSw33t
RawNuts
jello44
GoaThief
Psyrgery ES
Banglish
frontieruk

May I?

Ed Balboa, please.

a.wd

OvmlJjW.jpg

Yeah, she's a keeper

Next Tuesday promises to be a big one for Forza 6 players, as that’s the day we’ll post our next content update for Forza Motorsport 6. This update will feature a number of fixes and gameplay improvements; and I’ll have a breakdown of those updates on Tuesday when the content update hits

If one of those things is Free Play car selection, I'll be ecstatic.

zorbsie

Question: Is the car we pick for this week the car we will use for the next three weeks? Or any C500 car for any given race?
I think we can let you change up if you pick a lemon the first week. I just hope we won't see "cheat cars" as P3tran calls them. We are here to have fun after all. :)

So the list so far:
Noobcraft
SkinnerSw33t
RawNuts
jello44
GoaThief
Psyrgery ES
Banglish
frontieruk
Zvonimir Boban
Grimmsticks
TylerDurden4321
soundscream - Changed it to Saturday for you bud. :)
Stevey
Shortt Sirket
Evo X
EBreda

On a total side note, I made my first livery yesterday and wanted to share it here. It's inspired by Steel Battalion. It took me longer to make than I care to admit, so I feel I have to share it. :)

thu_oct_1_21-28-17_edrys4y.png

thu_oct_1_21-27-47_edkisef.png

thu_oct_1_21-27-18_ed3vsx8.png

Happy birthday Shortt! How did you not notice the car missing? Best wife ever for sure!

frontieruk

I think we can let you change up if you pick a lemon the first week. I just hope we won't see "cheat cars" as P3tran calls them. We are here to have fun after all. :)

So the list so far:
Noobcraft
SkinnerSw33t
RawNuts
jello44
GoaThief
Psyrgery ES
Banglish
frontieruk
Zvonimir Boban
Grimmsticks
TylerDurden4321
soundscream - Changed it to Saturday for you bud. :)
Stevey
Shortt Sirket
Evo X

On a total side note, I made my first livery yesterday and wanted to share it here. It's inspired by Steel Battalion. It took me longer to make than I care to admit, so I feel I have to share it. :)

thu_oct_1_21-28-17_edrys4y.png

thu_oct_1_21-27-47_edkisef.png

thu_oct_1_21-27-18_ed3vsx8.png

Happy birthday Shortt! How did you not notice the car missing? Best wife ever for sure!

Steel battalion influenced eh???

Top Bottom