• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Ok so finally visiting the OT for this after days and days of playing.

2 complaints come to mind.

1. What the hell is with the crazy random NPC racer leads. I can be ahead of the grid for the whole race and towards the end the NPC that has been on my tail 3 laps gets this ridiculous speed boost and pulls so far ahead without me making any mistakes and it is impossible to catch them.

2. Sound settings. Where the heck is the audio mixer? I only see master volume. I actually would like to turn up the music a bit, it brings an tenseness to the race depending on the audio track. Some of it is very dramatic.

25 laps into the Daytona 300, a momentary power outage happens.

An hour later, start again. Get 40+ laps in, pause it, experience a controller disconnect (which I don't usually have problems with) that requires a hard reboot to fix. :/

25 laps into the Daytona 300, a momentary power outage happens.

An hour later, start again. Get 40+ laps in, pause it, experience a controller disconnect (which I don't usually have problems with) that requires a hard reboot to fix. :/

My xbox froze when I had 5 laps left to go (Daytona 300) lol Not console itself but game, I got "something went wrong" message and got kicked to the dashboard.

shandy706

This is one of the scariest things I've ever driven in my life!!

screenshot-original693mrly.png

screenshot-original71fvrbz.png

screenshot-original72xkqwd.png

Neo 007

Ok..decided to paint the WHEELS ONLY on the Audi IMSA GTO race car.
The game decides to remove the Race Livery and just keep the base white and red.

WTF!!!

Mascot

This is one of the scariest things I've ever driven in my life!!

screenshot-original693mrly.png

Raced that car for the first time last night. It's a beast.

I don't use chase cam myself but Turn 10 really should look at the hovercar effect on wet tracks. Darker shadow immediately under the car and/or better tyre tracks would help a LOT.

Xcell Miguel

Gold Member
Those of you racing with wheels (particularly the G920): What do you have your degrees of rotation set as? Trying to figure out why I easily fishtail and spin out with TCS and Stability on in the dry.

I race with the G920, I set it to 900 degrees, set 0 and 100 to all min/max deadzones.

But like you, I kept losing the car when I did not with the pad (no assists except normal direction), so now I play with STM only and no other assist (simulation direction).
I can still lose the car if I go too far, but I can recover it thanks to the STM.

shandy706

Gotta love the Super Rare Mods and the POWAAAAAAA mods.

screenshot-original96dvu6v.png

(Ignore the middle/highlighted mods...look at the active ones on the right.)

Me on a straight last night....

MellowCircularFritillarybutterfly.gif

Seeeeeeeeeeeeeyah

Glitched 1st place AI has nothing on me, I'm coming for you :p

Outrun

Yeah, me too. FH seemed like the perfect outlet for all the zany games and the parallel universe stuff like Indycars racing against GT classes etc. I guess Turn 10 know their market and the game makes big bank, so where's the incentive to deviate?

This may be it.

Like you said, putting FIA rules and regs is not particularly difficult. I know you would buy it. But T10 needs a good ROI.

What about $10 sim pack DLC?

shandy706

I have yet to, and don't think I ever will use mods.

Awful addition that I am glad are completely optional although the attempt at forcing them at the start of the game was very annoying.

If you want a challenge, use negative mods. Haha

I've played around with a lot of them. There's actually a really neat selection. You could stick to Dare mods and make the game harder.

I welcome any options that could alter gameplay while leaving vanilla gameplay intact.

Also, Driver XP and Affinity mods are great. They have nothing to do with gameplay and only benefit you and the after race payout.

danowat

Banned
Also, Driver XP and Affinity mods are great. They have nothing to do with gameplay and only benefit you and the after race payout.

Agreed, not that I need CR or XP, but they appeal to the slot machine part of my brain.

Already running zero assists and unbeatable a.i :|

Back of the pack,reduced grip, reduced power or shift time reduction mods, with no assists and unbeatable AI is interesting.

Mascot

This may be it.

Like you said, putting FIA rules and regs is not particularly difficult. I know you would buy it. But T10 needs a good ROI.

What about $10 sim pack DLC?

There's Mods for just about anything in the game - why not a motorsport Mod?

:p

I like the XP cards. I like saving the big ones for the endurance showcases.

I have three 100% XP cards that I'll use today when I try the Daytona 300 again.

danowat

Banned
There's Mods for just about anything in the game - why not a motorsport Mod?

:p

Motorsport mod card - Unicorn card (as rare as unicorn poo)

Adds qualifying session, race points, championship leaderboard, removes 3rd place finishing restriction, all AI drivers drive suitable cars.

I'd buy that for a dollar.

ghibli99

Ok so finally visiting the OT for this after days and days of playing.

2 complaints come to mind.

1. What the hell is with the crazy random NPC racer leads. I can be ahead of the grid for the whole race and towards the end the NPC that has been on my tail 3 laps gets this ridiculous speed boost and pulls so far ahead without me making any mistakes and it is impossible to catch them.

2. Sound settings. Where the heck is the audio mixer? I only see master volume. I actually would like to turn up the music a bit, it brings an tenseness to the race depending on the audio track. Some of it is very dramatic.
This is definitely strange to me too... and it might have to do with Drivatar settings, but the leader will get crazy speed boosts through most of the race staying ahead, but then they usually screw up and make multiple mistakes on the last lap, letting me go past and then creating some bit of drama near the finish line.

Overall, still enjoying myself, and I particularly like the showcase events. Career is getting a bit stale though (maybe some series fatigue after putting a lot of time into 3 and 4), and I'm not that far into it.

frontieruk

Anyway league update... It's close, so close...

Just a couple of choices to be made...

Will try and catch up with zorbs the weekend and hammer those out.

The next time zorbs or I post about the league will be the official sign up, not a teaser* ;)

unless we feel like teasing...

This is definitely strange to me too... and it might have to do with Drivatar settings, but the leader will get crazy speed boosts through most of the race staying ahead, but then they usually screw up and make multiple mistakes on the last lap, letting me go past and then creating some bit of drama near the finish line.

Overall, still enjoying myself, and I particularly like the showcase events. Career is getting a bit stale though (maybe some series fatigue after putting a lot of time into 3 and 4), and I'm not that far into it.

Just happened yet again. Racing in the rain in a Mclaren. Ahead until tail end of lap 3. Bam, NPC behind me comes out of no where and gets so far ahead I can't even see him anymore. Because it is raining I am having to slow to more than usual to make turns and not slide off the track but it is crazy to me to see this happen quite often. When they are with me it makes for a fun race but when they get this stupid speed boost its frustrating.

And what is with the brakes, I have ABS on but if I do more than just lay my finger on the brake it locks up.

terrible

Banned
Some of the tunes out there are pretty funny.

I picked the 1966 Chaparral #66 for a series and the first race was two laps at the Nordschleife. I looked for 855 PI tunes since that was the limit and picked one with decent ratings labeled as a "grip" tune. It turned out the tires were made of ice and I was basically drifting through every corner for two laps on my way to victory. It was terrifying but I got it done lol.

The next race was at Monza. Naturally I looked for another tune and I picked one that specifically mentioned "long tracks". It only took one corner to realize that this tune had 10x more grip than the previous one on top of having another 3-4 MPH on straights. What on earth was that previous tune trying to accomplish if this tune has speed and handling over it?!

danowat

Banned
And what is with the brakes, I have ABS on but if I do more than just lay my finger on the brake it locks up.

It's tricky in FM6, very different from other racing games, assuming you are using a pad.....

Turn ABS off, it's rubbish in FM6, get used to literally tickling the brake trigger, and get used to paying lots of attention to the trigger rumble as this tells you where the limit of braking is.

Little tip that might be helpful for those who mainly play free play like me.

While you still can't specify exact cars for the AI to use, for some reason selecting RWD as a restriction will eliminate Indycars from a high class race. Helpful if you only want LMP cars in the field, although you can't restrict it by year so you'll still see 787Bs up against R15s for example.

Just happened yet again. Racing in the rain in a Mclaren. Ahead until tail end of lap 3. Bam, NPC behind me comes out of no where and gets so far ahead I can't even see him anymore. Because it is raining I am having to slow to more than usual to make turns and not slide off the track but it is crazy to me to see this happen quite often. When they are with me it makes for a fun race but when they get this stupid speed boost its frustrating.

I find the Drivatar difficulty to be pretty inconsistent-I moved up to Highly Skilled after lapping opponents on "Above Average" (which on some races seemed easier than Average?). First race on "Highly Skilled" I was in 1st before the end of a 1st lap with no danger of being caught after that, the next race I finished 2nd where me and the leader were battling it out but everyone else was far behind and the last race, I couldn't come close to catching 1-5. Like the entire race it seemed like they were 1/2 the track ahead of me. It's been the only frustrating part of an amazing game so far - just trying to find the perfect balance where I'm not coasting to victory but also able to actually place.

zorbsie

Now that we've all have had time to get used to the new game, it's time for some ForzaGAF racing league fun.

league_week_header_bwpsto.png

Here's how it works:
Every Saturday we will get together and race. The class/car is set for four weeks. After that we switch to another set of rules. Scores will be kept, we'll be using F1 scoring for the standings. A race day shouldn't take more than 45 minutes, so it won't be such a huge time commitment for folks. For those that can't make it out but want to join in the fun we'll be doing time trials for the race day track. You can post your times here and I'll keep standings for those as well. We can't verify times exactly so I'll just have to trust you.

We did this with Forza 5 and it was a blast. Hopefully we can have a good turnout this year too. We race fairly seriously, but we are all there to have fun. Don't worry about being a superstar at the game. I always come in the bottom half of the standings but still have a great time.

Our first week will be Saturday October 10th at 3pm Eastern if I'm not mistaken. We have some wiggle room if that time doesn't work for everyone.

Race details:
Class: C500 (Any Car) Tunes are OK
Track: Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop (Reverse)

Who's in?

Forza 5's winner:
lastyearwinnerw4sor.png

Thanks to Frontieruk for doing all the heavy lifting with the survey and data collecting. Great stuff dude!

I'm sure I forgot to mention something. So if you have questions let me know.

GHG

Gold Member
Now that we've all have had time to get used to the new game, it's time for some ForzaGAF racing league fun.

Here's how it works:
Every Saturday we will get together and race. The class/car is set for four weeks. After that we switch to another set of rules. Scores will be kept, we'll be using F1 scoring for the standings. A race day shouldn't take more than 45 minutes, so it won't be such a huge time commitment for folks. For those that can't make it out but want to join in the fun we'll be doing time trials for the race day track. You can post your times here and I'll keep standings for those as well. We can't verify times exactly so I'll just have to trust you.

We did this with Forza 5 and it was a blast. Hopefully we can have a good turnout this year too. We race fairly seriously, but we are all there to have fun. Don't worry about being a superstar at the game. I always come in the bottom half of the standings but still have a great time.

Our first week will be Saturday October 10th at 3pm Eastern if I'm not mistaken. We have some wiggle room if that time doesn't work for everyone.

Race details:

Who's in?

Forza 5's winner:
lastyearwinnerw4sor.png

Thanks to Frontieruk for doing all the heavy lifting with the survey and data collecting. Great stuff dude!

If you can make this just 1 hour earlier I can 100% make this every week. Only if that works for everyone else of course? If not since it's just 45 minutes I will do what I can :) .

My bullocks are ready.

Hopefully Mascot will actually own this game by the time the league kicks off. :p

Edit: Oh yeah. Who paid for the trophy? And who's that scrub p3tran? I'll definitely contribute.

GHG

Gold Member
Fuck it, I'm in either way. If it can't be pushed back by an hour then I'll just have 1 hour less sleep and will coffee up for work then next day.

#YOLO

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Here's how it works:

Race details:

Who's in?

Forza 5's winner:
lastyearwinnerw4sor.png

I'm in.

Top Bottom