• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Noobcraft

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

psychotron

Patch didn't do shit for the lead car taking off. Those "server side" improvements made it worse if anything. I find this unacceptable, after shelling out money for the deluxe edition. It shouldn't have shipped with such an obvious AI issue.

shandy706

Patch didn't do shit for the lead car taking off. Those "server side" improvements made it worse if anything. I find this unacceptable, after shelling out money for the deluxe edition. It shouldn't have shipped with such an obvious AI issue.

I know it happens, as I've seen it. I'd say it honestly only happens like once every 10-12 races for me though.

witness

Really annoying jumping into the new Toyota and be completely out classed by the AI because I didn't max out its PI for the class. I love the new Honda race car, sounds amazing and drives great, but I'm racing next to V8 Super Cars....this shit is really hampering my enjoyment of the game, along with the restrictive and boring career. Just give us options T10 to help us out.

BTW the GT350R sounds INCREDIBLE now, holy shit what a thing of beauty.

terrible

Banned
Adding a limo to the game is appalling. It's also hilarious. I haven't had time to play with any of the new cars yet but the pack looks pretty high quality. There's only one car that I'll probably never bother using (Volvo). If the rest of the car packs are this good it'll be amazing.

RoKKeR

Regarding this month's car pack... where's my 2016 Focus RS?? They said all of the Ford Performance vehicles would be in the game, right?

willbsn13

Regarding this month's car pack... where's my 2016 Focus RS?? They said all of the Ford Performance vehicles would be in the game, right?

Coming Soon™

But yeah i think there might be a free pack this month. Considering that out of the 3 leaked cars last month, only two of them made it into the pack. (Limo/T1) The Citroen DS3 Racing is still absent. Then our good friend BADNED has listed the 16' Focus as TBA DLC, which is slotted in between the October pack and the November pack. So hopefully we'll see that soon, along with a drivatar fix and audio sliders.

danowat

Banned
Both the W154 and limo handle way better than I expected (than they should?), so much so that I am questioning the validity of the physics model in these cars (and the game), you've got cars beating other cars that would come no where near in real life.

Something I also noticed is, the cars don't seem to feel overly different between what you'd expect to be cars that are markedly different.

Take the W154, a car from over 70 years ago, just handles like a generic A class car.

300ZX is the highlight of the pack for me.

ShamePain

Banned
Yeah, apart from being a bit slow in stock form the limo is one of the best handling cars in the game, I expected it to be a boat. It almost feels like T10 tweaks these cars for fun instead of realism.

Mascot

Yeah, apart from being a bit slow in stock form the limo is one of the best handling cars in the game, I expected it to be a boat. It almost feels like T10 tweaks these cars for fun instead of realism.

Don't be surprised - Forza has always been about fun over realism.

danowat

Banned
Don't be surprised - Forza has always been about fun over realism.

While I do agree, I think FM always used to have a foot, even if it was only one, firmly planted in reality, I think we've moved a (long?) way away from that with 6.

And I also think that drivatars getting damaged has just highlighted just how rubbish the system actually is, you now get two or three damage cars limping around the track that you have to lap numerous times.

Quickly going off this game.

Server side changes have definitely made a difference for me in career events. Not seeing cars shoot off into the distance so much now. Yes there's often one that's gained some distance out front - but that's what one might expect without the pack, but they can be caught now.

GHG

Gold Member
While I do agree, I think FM always used to have a foot, even if it was only one, firmly planted in reality, I think we've moved a (long?) way away from that with 6.

And I also think that drivatars getting damaged has just highlighted just how rubbish the system actually is, you now get two or three damage cars limping around the track that you have to lap numerous times.

Quickly going off this game.

Well basically this highlights how incompetent the drivatars actually are.

"but its realistic" I hear them say. Its really not.

Having said that, I'm glad they have made it so that they also take damage so that they can't just smash into you and profit from it anymore.

One of my beefs with the robotic AI is how they try to speed cap themselves for the wrong reasons, for example if you race with slower AI and try to push one to go faster with your own car, they will brake until they drop down to their canned AI speeds even on straights.

They also never oversteer, they understeer often and drive off into the grass like they have no working brakes but they never ever leave a corner with a swinging back or any kind of wheelspin 99% of the time, even in the rain unless you push or crash into them first.

Lima

I agree that they haven't really fixed the one guy pulling ahead issue.
At least that guy is now me though lol

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Disappointed in no corner cutting fixes.

Spa is a joke.

Sebring has gone back to FM2 levels.

LRP can skip the entire south chicane gaining more than 2 seconds a lap.

etc...

Disappointed in no corner cutting fixes.

Spa is a joke.

Sebring has gone back to FM2 levels.

LRP can skip the entire south chicane gaining more than 2 seconds a lap.

etc...

I'm happy to not have sticky grass in forza but yeah some corners can be ignored and cut badly, always surprised that this kind of stuff will get through in every single forza game.

I have noticed some corners with bumps will slow you down if you try to cut them, not sure if they were made more sticky from the latest update or not because I don't remember them grabbing me last week when playing offline.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I'm happy to not have sticky grass in forza but yeah some corners can be ignored and cut badly, always surprised that this kind of stuff will get through in every single forza game.

I have noticed some corners with bumps will slow you down if you try to cut them, not sure if they were made more sticky from the latest update or not because I don't remember them grabbing me last week when playing offline.

Would prefer quick sand infinitely over nothing which is what we essentially have now.

*gets in decent sized pub lobby with semi intelligent drivers*

*second race gets obscenely long load time*

*afk kid in lobby only one to load*

*everyone in lobby disappears*

T10 gonna 343...

zorbsie

Just a reminder
league_week_header_bwpsto.png

This Saturday is our first league race. We will start at 3pm Eastern, baseball playoffs be damned. :)
Any C class car with any tune to a max of C500. The car you pick for this race will be the car you race for all 4 races, so choose wisely.

These are the tracks we'll be doing:
Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop Reverse
Indy - Grand Prix Circuit
Circuit America - East Route
Laguna Seca - Full Circuit

When we get everyone in the lobby we will have a 5 minute practice time. After that we will race for real. The race will take about 15 minutes. For the Rio track I'm thinking 15 - 20 laps. Points will be awarded and I'll link to them here.

If you can't make it but still want to get in the fun. We are also collecting lap times for each race. So load it up in rivals and set you best time. Post it here, I'll collect them and also award points for this. Deadline for lap times is Saturday 3:00pm.

frontieruk

t1444507200z1.png
Just a reminder
league_week_header_bwpsto.png

This Saturday is our first league race. We will start at 3pm Eastern, baseball playoffs be damned. :)
Any C class car with any tune to a max of C500. The car you pick for this race will be the car you race for all 4 races, so choose wisely.

These are the tracks we'll be doing:
Rio de Janeiro - Coast Loop Reverse
Indy - Grand Prix Circuit
Circuit America - East Route
Laguna Seca - Full Circuit

When we get everyone in the lobby we will have a 5 minute practice time. After that we will race for real. The race will take about 15 minutes. For the Rio track I'm thinking 15 - 20 laps. Points will be awarded and I'll link to them here.

If you can't make it but still want to get in the fun. We are also collecting lap times for each race. So load it up in rivals and set you best time. Post it here, I'll collect them and also award points for this. Deadline for lap times is Saturday 3:00pm.

Lima

Yeah I'll take the quick sand over the shit show we have now. It basically boils down to a "This is why we can't have nice things" situation.

Give humans the ability to cheat without consequences or punishment and most will do it.

Server side changes have definitely made a difference for me in career events. Not seeing cars shoot off into the distance so much now. Yes there's often one that's gained some distance out front - but that's what one might expect without the pack, but they can be caught now.

I agree with JackAubrey, the AI issue seems improved. Unbeatable AI has become a little too beatable for me though. Maybe they should add another difficulty... or just give the AI more adequate cars in free play (or better: finally rework free play, so I can pick opponents and grid position myself!)

Both the W154 and limo handle way better than I expected (than they should?), so much so that I am questioning the validity of the physics model in these cars (and the game), you've got cars beating other cars that would come no where near in real life.

Something I also noticed is, the cars don't seem to feel overly different between what you'd expect to be cars that are markedly different.

Take the W154, a car from over 70 years ago, just handles like a generic A class car.

300ZX is the highlight of the pack for me.
In general cars feel very light and don't understeer enough in slow corners, but the limo didn't feel too off for me, it's only 2.5 tons, not much more than a Tesla Model S, so... not too boat'ish. The FWD grip-loss under acceleration should play less of a role in longer cars, that's a pro. And still the back wants to shove you through corners under slight deceleration, accurate. Ok, it felt easier than I expected going in, but thinking about it, it's probably not so far off, when you consider that Forza cars in general feel lighter and less understeery than in other games. Edit: The Limo is missing more chassis flex, but then again, like others have said, I haven't driven one in real life (yet ;) ).

On the W154: The setup feels too stiff and the tyres are way way way too grippy, they feel like they're from the future not from 80 years in the past. I agree there. Edit: It's also weird that both the front and the rear wheels have positive camber going. I haven't read up on it, but didn't early race cars with low-width/big-diameter wheels have positive front and negative back wheel camber? Maybe I'm wrong, but physically I wouldn't know why and like to be lectured here, so if someone knows and has the time to spare his knowledge... I'd be delighted.

I also agree on the 300ZX. Haven't tried the Volve yet and usually prefer production over race-cars on Forza and GT, but that car is amazing! The engine sound has the visceralness, PCARS captures so well in race cars. That the actual turbo-power is still not entirely predictable from the noise adds to the thrill. The cockpit FOV, even though the wind-shield again is not more than a slit, feels authentic and adds to the thrill as well. My favorite so far from the car-pack and maybe even in my Top5 overall.

LoveCake

Just finished the Daytona 300 & i just had it on cosmetic damage & none of the AI cars were pitting like they were the other day when i did Sebring 300 on cosmetic damage.

Just finished the Daytona 300 & i just had it on cosmetic damage & none of the AI cars were pitting like they were the other day when i did Sebring 300 on cosmetic damage.

Was the AI pitting for tires or from damage before the patch? if it was damage I would think that the toggle between cosmetic and sim damage was switched until they fixed it.

Speaking of damage I kind of miss the smoke fumes from the engine when damage is critical, you can thrash your car into walls like mad but no smoke, fumes or even leaks (would be cool to see oil or water leak from a damaged engine)

... do wing mirrors and spoilers fall off and lay on the track any longer? thinking about it I have yet to notice it, another thing forza 4 did back in the day removed on next gen :/

LoveCake

Was the AI pitting for tires or from damage before the patch? if it was damage I would think that the toggle between cosmetic and sim damage was switched until they fixed it.

Speaking of damage I kind of miss the smoke fumes from the engine when damage is critical, you can thrash your car into walls like mad but no smoke, fumes or even leaks (would be cool to see oil or water leak from a damaged engine)

... do wing mirrors and spoilers fall off and lay on the track any longer? thinking about it I have yet to notice it, another thing forza 4 did back in the day removed on next gen :/

I don't know, tires i think, the same when i did the Indy 200 the other day i overtook a fair few in the pits as i never pitted, i did see some sort of bug mentioned in the Forza forums about only two AI cars being able to pit at once., the cars also pitted when i did the Nurburgring 125 as after the second lap a AI car was a second or so behind me & i saw them on the map go into the pits.

Today on the Daytona i never saw any AI car in the pits at all.

You can knock parts off from other cars, i miss the smoke coming from damaged cars as well.

I was just wondering why Road America and Catalunya (maybe some other tracks too, didn't pay too much attention till now) don't have pre and post race in the pits, it's just the same as it was in 5.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
I was just wondering why Road America and Catalunya (maybe some other tracks too, didn't pay too much attention till now) don't have pre and post race in the pits, it's just the same as it was in 5.

Catalunya has it for me.

Possibly running a no pits varient?

On a different note.

Disappointed in the lack of accuracy of the V8 super cars.

wrong gear ratios, wrong rev limiters and who told T10 that they have lift off oversteer like a 300sl gullwing?

wrong gear ratios, wrong rev limiters and who told T10 that they have lift off oversteer like a 300sl gullwing?
Gear ratios seem mostly correct.

In my Holden from FM6:

1st: 2.57 (correct)
2nd: 2.00 (should be 1.99)
3rd: 1.61 (1.60)
4th: 1.35
5th: 1.13 (1.14)
6th: 1.07 (1.00)
Final drive: 3.27 (track dependent in real life, on Bathurst it was 3.15 in 2013)

6th gear is off, I don't know why, but the rest seem ok.
Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something, I don't watch that racing series, you probably know a lot more about it than I do(you're Australian, right?), but I found it hard to believe that they'd get something like gear ratios wrong in the game so I looked up the actual regulations and only found a document from 2013.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Gear ratios seem mostly correct.

In my Holden from FM6:

1st: 2.57 (correct)
2nd: 2.00 (should be 1.99)
3rd: 1.61 (1.60)
4th: 1.35
5th: 1.13 (1.14)
6th: 1.07 (1.00)
Final drive: 3.27 (track dependent in real life, on Bathurst it was 3.15 in 2013)

6th gear is off, I don't know why, but the rest seem ok.
Or maybe I'm misunderstanding something, I don't watch that racing series, you probably know a lot more about it than I do(you're Australian, right?), but I found it hard to believe that they'd get something like gear ratios wrong in the game so I looked up the actual regulations and only found a document from 2013.

I was refering to 6th gear, yes.

The rev limiters should all be set exactly at 7500rpm. Most do 7750 and the merc touchs 8000.

The Fords base handling is just outright wrong. It handles like a poorly set up MR or even a FF car...

Top Bottom