• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Suicide Squad Season 3 New Character Added

Kacho

Gold Member
Well, I can't see since X is blocked here
pJcMW7Z.jpeg

Madonis

If the game were good, I wouldn't care (positive) and so I'd keep playing it...but since the game sucks, I still don't care (negative) and won't play it either way.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I had never heard of this Zoe Lawton character, so I looked her up. Turns out the character in the game is completely different from the comics version, the original white girl probably didn't bring in enough DEI points ... <smh>

7488798-rco014_1595937109.jpg
gyaawnfaqaagqdv-1727367815588.jpg
“Our butch lesbian Mr Freeze didn’t even make a blip in player count. Anyone have some other ideas how to appeal to the DC comics fanbase?”

“Yeah how about we get some obscure female character and race swap her?”

Just imagine you are made to work on this shit. The game is dead a shell and your bosses tell you to put time in making this garbage fully well knowing the internet is going to tear it apart...

I swear the "Seasons" thing with video games is ridiculous. Season 3?? The game just came out less than a year ago. Are they just referring to patches and updates as "Seasons" now? Do players enjoy being strung along like this? And why the flying fuck would anyone give a shit about Deadpool's daughter?

^Also, why is there a Jenna from the Office meme with that statement? The clip doesn't correspond to the word at all.

Last edited:

tkscz

The character design isn't awful this time but as someone who reads the comics, this would be an E-lister. A character that only super hardcore readers would even have on their mind as I didn't know Deadshot's daughter was even old enough to use a weapon (she's often depicted as much younger).

The point of these Season DLC characters is to elicit hype and excitement for the game. With established IP based games like this, you would want to bring in characters that people want to see, C-listers and up. DeathStroke, Lobo, Captain Cold, Ra's Al Ghul and the like. If it has to be a woman, Cheetah, Talia, Lady-Shiva, Black-Fire, characters who will get a big enough reaction that causes a fomo effect and get others interested through the excitement of those who know who the character is.

With this, you won't get enough people to give a damn about the character to get that kind of reaction. You'll get at most like 10 people who know who she is and those 10 won't get enough people to want to join in. But I mean, the game is already a flop, might as well go out on what you want and not worry about it. Not like the studio will get shut down for it.

havoc00

Can this hit ps plus or gp already? I didnt hate the beta gameplay wise, but id never pay a penny for this game.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Can this hit ps plus or gp already? I didnt hate the beta gameplay wise, but id never pay a penny for this game.

You must have missed Epic's give-away of this game two months ago.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
This game just keeps on fuckin' winning doesn't it!
Could have had Katana, Cheetah, Huntress etc, but no. Deadshots daughter. Fuck me Rocksteady.
Hopefully it's because they don't want to burn any good characters on a dead end game.

With this, you won't get enough people to give a damn about the character to get that kind of reaction.
I feel this wasn't the end-goal. There's no way they went in saying "Let's give them Deadpool's kid!" I think they promised some big release for "Season 3" (whatever that is) and then couldn't get the green light to do most of the characters they had in mind. So they had to settle on Deadpool's daughter and pretend it's a big deal.
Hopefully it's because they don't want to burn any good characters on a dead end game.
Yeah, but it's the Suicide Squad. The entire point of the team is B-list characters that the comic writers don't know what to do with so they tossed them onto a team together. Kind of like how we have like 20 spinoff teams from the XMen. Gotta do something with all these characters they made.

Last edited:
Ironically It's actually really racist and against what their supposed intentions are in the first place as it labels all black females as some generic style but they are too far up their own ass to see it.
I agree, that's why I was confused when some people here and elsewhere were against this type of progress:

I was thinking 'oh cool, a problem was actually solved by the people who care the most about it' ...and then it is still not being utilized to this day.

We all know clayface was going to be nonbinary, if they were going to use him. This game is a fucking joke. Hopefully the next character is female penguin from the Caped Crusader cartoon. I’m actually trying to see how badly they can fuck this game up.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Word. If it's passable that's all I care about. I've been thinking about picking it up the next time it goes on deep sale.

It's more than passable imo. Just wish it had a better framerate on consoles. I played as Batgirl the entire time and I remember really enjoying it at some points. Bonifide Arkham like situations where you're in all sorts of unique interiors planning out predator attacks. And while you arent pinballing 20 ft to punch a guy in the face, the combat was still p satisfying. The loot game wasn't bad either.

I don't understand this "instead of giving x character I want they do this" complaints, all of these were known since launch but the outrage baiters just keep recycling this for views/clicks.

Strider7

Man… not that it would save this dumpster fire or make it fun to play at all, but where the hell is Deathstroke?!

I don't understand this "instead of giving x character I want they do this" complaints, all of these were known since launch but the outrage baiters just keep recycling this for views/clicks.
The other question that not many are asking is this: Would adding a cool character instead of a lame one really make anyone want to play this game let alone buy it?

From everything I've seen, read, and heard, the gameplay loop and boss battles are atrociously repetitive, and the story is bad as well. I don't picture a scenario where they add Clayface or Killer Croc and people like the guy in that twitter snippet above are suddenly making this face:

wow-oh.gif

deriks

4-Time GIF/Meme God
I had never heard of this Zoe Lawton character, so I looked her up. Turns out the character in the game is completely different from the comics version, the original white girl probably didn't bring in enough DEI points ... <smh>

So they changed a white girl to a black girl because...?

Saber

The important question is how many recicled Brainiacs fights did they released?
And Rockystead be like : "yes".

Last edited:

Portugeezer

Had to make "Lawless" black

Just a coincidence, nothing to see here.

Its Fine Comedy GIF by TheSparkhouse

Bashtee

Is it possible that there is a single person in the industry who self-inserts themselves into all these games or trolls everybody by adding purple as a major color for the design?

I agree, that's why I was confused when some people here and elsewhere were against this type of progress:

I was thinking 'oh cool, a problem was actually solved by the people who care the most about it' ...and then it is still not being utilized to this day.
I heard about the project ages ago. This is the saddest hair collection I've seen in a while. There are Skyrim mods out there that are running circles around this. There are almost as many "artists" as there are hairstyles. Absolutely pathetic.

There are Skyrim mods out there that are running circles around this. There are almost as many "artists" as there are hairstyles.
In that case it sounds like some devs need to contact the Skyrim modders too, or vice versa. All of these options make for even less of an excuse for devs to ignore it and keep using the same 3-4 hairstyles.

Wait. Did that character go from Concord to Suicide Squad?

Wonder where will she end up once Suicide Squad gets closed down…

Yasuke’s ninja daughter in the epilogue, avenging his death.

Y’all thought y’all could just get away wiv killing my daddy didja?

Last edited:

Rambotito

More like Seasoning 3.

Top Bottom