• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Steam copy of Sequence ($4.99) for every single member of GAF [Last chance!]

Feep

Banned
What's weird is that I use the exact same installscript at Cthulhu Saves the World, another XNA 4.0 game. I wonder why this is happening...?

iKeepPlaying said:
That worked. Then I pressed play on Steam, it tried to install the Framework again, this time, was smooth and fine. But then... bang.
PHxe8.jpg

(I have a Mobile Intel Series 4)

I guess I'll have to try it on another PC :lol
I have this exact same problem. Looks like I won't be playing Sequence.

BY2K

Membero Americo
PsychoRaven said:
Yea. I got through the tutorial stuff. I'm liking the humor and banter back and forth.

If the girl wasn't behind a intercom they would already be making out, I swear to God.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Hm, waited ten minutes at the .xna dialogue for it to install, when the game booted up I got a black screen that didn't do anything, so I forced it to quit and hit play again, and now I'm waiting ten minutes at a new dialogue saying "installing .net framework"

Is this supposed to happen?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Right out of the gate, the first suggestion I can give about options is that if you can't let us change the resolution, give us an option to play the game in a window. I rather have a what I think is a 720p game in a window then badly scaled on my LCD monitor.

Feep

Banned
Puppet Shadow said:
Not sure if it was mentioned earlier, buy system requirements only list Vista and XP. No Windows 7?
Whoop! That's an error on Valve's part. Windows 7 is fine (and preferred). I'll let them know.

Edit: Wait, no, it says 7...

kamspy

You're a rad guy Feep. I'll give you an honest opinion of the game after I spend some time with it. Can't say it's my genre, but I'm gonna try it out and throw you some unfiltered feedback. The OP looked really interesting.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Right out of the gate, the first suggestion I can give about options is that if you can't let us change the resolution, give us an option to play the game in a window. I rather have a what I think is a 720p game in a window then badly scaled on my LCD monitor.
I am a big fan of windowed mode, and I agree.

froliq

Game stops responding when I lose hp in the second tutorial level. And when I start it up it keeps getting the installing .net framework message.

I guess it didn't get installed correctly. Will try again after installing from the installers in the steam directory.

Vamphuntr

The humour in this game is great.
You look like a 5 to me!

Asides from the install thing that happen when I boot the game, it's running fine for me.

Steam Achievements are also unlocking properly so far :)

iKeepPlaying said:
That worked. Then I pressed play on Steam, it tried to install the Framework again, this time, was smooth and fine. But then... bang.
PHxe8.jpg

(I have a Mobile Intel Series 4)

I guess I'll have to try it on another PC :lol

Feepie, are you compiling to HiDef or Reach mode?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Feep said:
What's weird is that I use the exact same installscript at Cthulhu Saves the World, another XNA 4.0 game. I wonder why this is happening...?

Try contacting those guys and see if they found any issues they could help you with?

(FWIW this is probably the best benefit you'll have, a group of people in the same thread discussing the issues with you so you can get straight to work on the issues)

Also, I am sure some of GAF-developers might have some advice for you on fixing these issues. Hard to catch all of these things with such a small team, you had what, 2 computers to test the install on?

All installed fine and I made it to the game's main menu perfectly. Thanks yet again in case your inbox on here explodes Feep, which I probably should have thought of myself. ; )

Tyrax

Feep, this is really really cool thanks

I'd love to hear more about the story behind getting a steam version. Who contacted whom? What was the conversation with Valve like. Did this increase interest in the XBLIG version?

Gvaz

Banned
it-works-award1.png

edit:
win 7 64bit
1GB ATI HD4890
8GB DDR2
an old AM2+ gigabyte board
AMD Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.5GHz

Latest or close to latest updates. Didn't need to install anything as it was already installed.

Ceebs

Works great and quite fun so far, although I think I need to up the difficulty a bit.

Thanks a ton for the key Feep, will make sure all my other friends know about it.

Oh the fact that it has the music from the BS Report into makes me chuckle as well.

Seanspeed

Banned
First time I've heard of this. I dont play games on my PC much, but I'll be sure to pick this up on XboxLive sometime soon. Looks crazy!

Bah, crashes right after the dev screen.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: sequence.exe
Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 4ea04a75
Problem Signature 04: Microsoft.Xna.Framework
Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4c72cc22
Problem Signature 07: 504
Problem Signature 08: 51
Problem Signature 09: System.InvalidOperationException
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3